What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Republican National Convention - Cleveland style (2 Viewers)

Looking forward to the trainwreck factor and making fun of the convention itself, but dreading the violence outside. Seems almost a certainty that there will be fatalities, the way things have been going lately.
Fatalities are almost certain outside of the GOP convention? No, I doubt it - when where the last protest deaths outside of any convention?

Last edited by a moderator:
1976 GOP Convention is on Cspan, man give us this process, coverage and seriousness back.
I saw some of that.  Even that long-winded John Connally speech didn't damper the enthusiasm on that floor.  It was like he was filibustering and no one was paying him any attention.  Then Dole got up there and no one would shut up or sit down.  Crazy.  It was odd seeing people smoking in there and, of course, no one with their nose stuck in a phone.  

The convention this week won't reach 1/1000th of that enthusiasm and everyone will be glued to their phones.  But at least there won't be any smoking on the floor.  Although, Ivanka will be there, so a little smoke.  

Fatalities are almost certain outside of the GOP convention? No, I doubt it - when where the last protest deaths outside of any convention?
I mean, if we want to use San Jose as a small sample for violence outside of a Trump rally and extrapolate it out.... I wouldn't hang outside of the convention too long with organized protest groups showing up en masse.

Band playing Rush's "Limelight". The singer just curdled my milk...and its all the way in the fridge in another room.

Rules Committee report being discussed now.

ETA: Just got steamrolled through.  Lots of pissed off people in the arena.

Band playing Rush's "Limelight". The singer just curdled my milk...and its all the way in the fridge in another room.
Best thing about the c-span coverage is that instead of a bunch of talking heads going over a speech you just heard you get the stadium experience of hearing the mediocre bands and other assorted rah-rah stuff that goes on at these things.

Best thing about the c-span coverage is that instead of a bunch of talking heads going over a speech you just heard you get the stadium experience of hearing the mediocre bands and other assorted rah-rah stuff that goes on at these things.
It sounds like Woodstock, only without any cool stuff.

shader said:
What's going on?  I assumed this would be a relatively uneventful convention.  
A group of delegations, meeting the threshold required, submitted a petition for a roll call vote on the rules.  Chair did a quick aye/nay instead.  A bunch of "NeverTrump" supporters lose it and start chanting "Roll Call Vote."  Chair makes a quick exit.  Colorado walks off the floor.  People toss their badges to the ground.  Sen. Mike Lee tells C-Span that he hopes that the Chair did not have a medical emergency come up.

Chair comes back -- announces that a few of the delegations that had initially signed on to the petition withdrew their request.  So, no roll call vote is done.  Still lots of upset people at the convention.  Melania Trump charged with binding the party's wounds tonight.

A group of delegations, meeting the threshold required, submitted a petition for a roll call vote on the rules.  Chair did a quick aye/nay instead.  A bunch of "NeverTrump" supporters lose it and start chanting "Roll Call Vote."  Chair makes a quick exit.  Colorado walks off the floor.  People toss their badges to the ground.  Sen. Mike Lee tells C-Span that he hopes that the Chair did not have a medical emergency come up.

Chair comes back -- announces that a few of the delegations that had initially signed on to the petition withdrew their request.  So, no roll call vote is done.  Still lots of upset people at the convention.  Melania Trump charged with binding the party's wounds tonight.
Geez.

Have we mentioned that they apparently have a problem with the podium smelling like "mildew and rotten bananas" yet?  That sounds like the type of joke I'd make when I heard the convention was in Cleveland.

I heard her husband is going to introduce her tonight.

I want to dislike her a lot, but she seems like she cares and does speak 5 languages

Why is a roll call vote important to the Never Trumpers?

Users who are viewing this thread