What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ronnie Hillman, Denver 1/3 STARTING RB (2 Viewers)

if hillamn could earn a 2/3 share of the timeshare i think we have a viable rb2 in all formats.... but i dont think he's THAT much better than anderson so i'd guess 15 touches is the ceiling for hillman right now

Awesome - dropped him this week due to bye week issues :kicksrock:

But I knew I wasn't getting him back this week via waivers when I saw his first run this Sunday :lol:

where does it say he gets the nod? Just deserves more touches? Of course he does!
Kubiac said so on the radio today. If you are already splitting touches 50/50 and the coach says Hillman should get more touches I take that as he will get more than 50/50.

Still an rbbc
90% of the NFL is RBBC. Accurately predicting how RBBC's will unfold (like in Atlanta) is what helps you find value and win. Pro tip.

where does it say he gets the nod? Just deserves more touches? Of course he does!
Kubiac said so on the radio today. If you are already splitting touches 50/50 and the coach says Hillman should get more touches I take that as he will get more than 50/50.

Still an rbbc
90% of the NFL is RBBC. Accurately predicting how RBBC's will unfold (like in Atlanta) is what helps you find value and win. Pro tip.
Kubiak said it would be a 50:50 split. He said that he considers both CJ and Hillman "the starter". I think his saying Ronnie deserves more touches was just his way of confirming that it is now an official RBBC, whereas up until now he had continued to state that CJ was the unquestioned starter.

Still an rbbc
Kubiak said it would be a 50:50 split. He said that he considers both CJ and Hillman "the starter". I think his saying Ronnie deserves more touches was just his way of confirming that it is now an official RBBC, whereas up until now he had continued to state that CJ was the unquestioned starter.
It was already a 50/50 split. Check the stats bruh.

Still an rbbc
He had already said Hillman was RB#1b plus they were getting even touches. So where does Hillnan getting more touches move him? Is he still going to be RB#1b just with a majority of the touches?

Rotoworld:

Ronnie Hillman "tweaked" his hamstring in Sunday's win over the Raiders.
The injury apparently occurred early in the fourth quarter, so it doesn't really explain Hillman's dreadful day (seven carries for 21 yards). It's unclear if his status is in doubt for Sunday's game against the Browns. Hillman had some RB2 appeal in Week 5, but is back to low-end FLEX after flopping in Oakland.

Source: NBC Denver
Oct 12 - 3:16 PM

Rotoworld:

Ronnie Hillman "tweaked" his hamstring in Sunday's win over the Raiders.
The injury apparently occurred early in the fourth quarter, so it doesn't really explain Hillman's dreadful day (seven carries for 21 yards). It's unclear if his status is in doubt for Sunday's game against the Browns. Hillman had some RB2 appeal in Week 5, but is back to low-end FLEX after flopping in Oakland.

Source: NBC Denver
Oct 12 - 3:16 PM
beat you to it !!! LOL, just kidding Faust.

If anyone has any news on this situation.... its much appreciated.

Most fantasy outlets have next to nothing on this one, and I would like to know more going into the weekend.

TZM

9 News Denver's Mike Klis says it would be a "surprise" if the Broncos kept Ronnie Hillman on their 53-man roster.
The Broncos could take themselves off the hook for Hillman's $1.4 million base salary by releasing him near final cuts. Hillman has fallen to No. 3 on the running back depth chart behind C.J. Anderson and Devontae Booker, and has been outplayed by No. 4 back Kapri Bibbs. A team like the Colts might have interest in Hillman due to their tailback woes behind 33-year-old Frank Gore.

Source: 9 News Denver 
Aug 21 - 7:32 PM

Bronco-Ram notes: Hillman bids to make roster

DENVER—It has been said by many an NFL coach and executive that players usually cut themselves.

But every now and then, no matter how much a team may want to cut a player, the player won’t let them.

Is Ronnie Hillman one of these players?

“They’ve been trying to cut me for a while,” Hillman said with a smile. “I’m just trying to give the coaches something to think about.’’

Seemingly in trouble because his $1.8 million salary is a bit rich for a No. 3 running back, Hillman responded Saturday with 45 yards rushing on just five carries in the Denver Broncos’ 17-9 preseason win against the Los Angeles Rams.

He showed his speed during a 21-yard run in the second half and he also had a 7-yard touchdown run.

“Ronnie is in a battle, I think everybody knows that,” said Broncos coach Gary Kubiak. “Kapri (Bibbs, the No. 4 back) has done some good things and Ronnie has responded as a player the last two weeks. That’s what you’re looking for. I’m very proud of him, he did some good stuff tonight.’’

Still, C.J. Anderson, entrenched as the No. 1 tailback, gained 50 yards on 11 carries – about half of his production came after he got stitches to close a cut in his right ear – and rookie Devontae Booker appears to be No. 2.

Booker only had 13 yards on eight carries, but he also had a nice 17-yard catch-and-run.

To Hillman’s credit, he hasn’t gone in the tank.

“I just take it one day at a time and  try to give the coaches something that will  impress them  and  trying to  take advantage of opportunity when  I do get it,’’ Hillman said. “Just wanting to be a good teammate.’

Does anyone think Hillman signing with the Vikes is anything more than a depth add, because they continue to view themselves as being in a 'window'? What I mean is, wouldn't Hillman already be on a roster if he was considered to be capable of anything dynamic or noteworthy?

Does anyone think Hillman signing with the Vikes is anything more than a depth add, because they continue to view themselves as being in a 'window'? What I mean is, wouldn't Hillman already be on a roster if he was considered to be capable of anything dynamic or noteworthy?
I was a little surprised the Broncos released him. Seemed like a capable back to me. A little on the small side, but has decent speed and elusiveness - Can't remember how he was in pass pro. That said, you wouldn't think he'd have spent the past several weeks out of a job if NFL coaches agreed with my assessment. He is a depth add, but  I expect the Vikes to use him. Given his size and other attributes you would think he might cut into McKinnon's load more than Asiata's. Who know.

I was a little surprised the Broncos released him. Seemed like a capable back to me. A little on the small side, but has decent speed and elusiveness - Can't remember how he was in pass pro. That said, you wouldn't think he'd have spent the past several weeks out of a job if NFL coaches agreed with my assessment. He is a depth add, but  I expect the Vikes to use him. Given his size and other attributes you would think he might cut into McKinnon's load more than Asiata's. Who know.
I read a blurb from his agent immediately after his release stating that he'd likely wait 2-3 weeks to see how injuries impacted teams and then sign somewhere.  So I don't think it was necessarily a "nobody had signed him so he sucks" situation.  That said, seems like he joined a muddied mess when there may have been better opportunities so maybe he wasn't all that sought after.

Not familiar with McKinnon or Asiata. I mean, I've seen them...albeit rarely...being buried behind AP. How are they as receivers? If Hillman can worm his way into the rotation, catching the ball will be the way.

SayWhat? said:
I read a blurb from his agent immediately after his release stating that he'd likely wait 2-3 weeks to see how injuries impacted teams and then sign somewhere.  So I don't think it was necessarily a "nobody had signed him so he sucks" situation.  That said, seems like he joined a muddied mess when there may have been better opportunities so maybe he wasn't all that sought after.
What do you view as a better opportunity?  Assume he's looking to go somewhere where he has a shot to stick around and play, this is probably the best spot.  Anywhere he goes is gong to have someone at RB, but the competition being McKinnon and Asiata is about as good as you're going to get. 

Pass protection is over rated.

Hillman doesn’t have the same success within the team’s offensive scheme because his running style isn’t predicated on decisiveness, vision, or the downhill burst that Anderson, Devontae Booker, or even Kapri Bibbs possess.

Hillman is at his best when he can either accelerate quickly through a hole, or when he can hide behind a lineman in space. He also doesn’t have the ability to break the first tackle; all traits that don’t go hand-in-hand with a zone blocking-based run game. 

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/1693587-are-hillman-s-days-in-denver-numbered

Sparano likes power blocking (man whatever)

Users who are viewing this thread