What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Run in with a Walgreens Mgr over some Swedish Fish (1 Viewer)

Manager sounds like a huge ****. Had the guy just rang up the price to start with this ends in the first paragraph. Instead he tries to show MoP up and act like he's the lord of the candy. If you don't call corporate he's going to think he can do this to other more vulnerable people. $2 may not seem like a lot, but when you're living on a fixed income and don't have the math and people skills of someone like MoP you're likely to get taken by this scam, and it just isn't right. Of course, this is kind of what I expect from a company that became huge by taking advantage of the old and sick.
1 Swedish Fish to rule them all!
Adjusting my Drugstore Candy VBD accordingly after today's events.

The guy is some poor schmuck working a bunch of hours for not a lot of pay. His life already sucks. Then he has an area manager working him over on whatever silly ####### rule they have today that pisses off customers. He has no real power and he tired to give you the discount despite that obviously being a corporate rule issue. Of course by then you were in full high dudgeon and couldn't accept that you already won. So yeah call whoever, make the guys life worse because he gave you what you wanted but you were too high and mighty to take it.
This, exactly. Basically, MOP, people like you are the worst. And the sad thing is, I think you get a hard-on acting like this, as if it is a badge of honor or something. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
You only know what you read on here. I don't post up every time I have a good experience. How many of these have you really seen in the last 4-5 years in here? I've cut way back. I understand why you say this Ghost but what is the alternative? To just take it? To accept below level competency every single time? I usually do but sometimes I just have had enough and considering I had/have bronchitis and was running a fever, it is possible I just had enough at that point. I venture to guess a lot of you live in areas where white people are still the majority in the area...I think it has a big impact on what I have to put up with vs what some of you in the more rural parts of the country ever have to experience. I've been to the MidWest and there are sections where you can go a month and not see anything but basically caucasians. I can go several days around here in Miami and not see another caucasian. You might not think it matters but it wears thin and whether you believe it or not I experience reverse racism a lot more than I ever care to share in here. Well i guess I just did but you all are the quickest to make judements on people who share in here. I'm amazed anyone posts anything anymore in here. Relax Ghost, we bump into each other in real life and I doubt you would say I am a hot head.

The guy is some poor schmuck working a bunch of hours for not a lot of pay. His life already sucks. Then he has an area manager working him over on whatever silly ####### rule they have today that pisses off customers. He has no real power and he tired to give you the discount despite that obviously being a corporate rule issue. Of course by then you were in full high dudgeon and couldn't accept that you already won. So yeah call whoever, make the guys life worse because he gave you what you wanted but you were too high and mighty to take it.
This, exactly. Basically, MOP, people like you are the worst. And the sad thing is, I think you get a hard-on acting like this, as if it is a badge of honor or something. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Disagree. And I disagree speaking from experience as a former drug store shift manager. Yes, I hated that job and it sucked (well, actually it was awesome with the exception of dealing with the public). I pulled rank occasionally on annoying customers, but I was never in the right. Yes, some customers often try to get something for nothing, but this situation is one of two things. Either the signs are clearly marked that you can't mix and match (which I assume they aren't since the manager never seemed to point that out), or they are purposefully deceptively marked, hoping people buy three different candies, but pay full price, or the computer system is miss programmed so the discount isn't given. If it is either of the latter situations, the manager needs to pucker up and kiss butt, because that is what his job is, regardless of how much he hates it. He doesn't like it? He can find some other way to make a living.
:no:In an ideal world, we'd all have jobs we love to death and would praise whatever god we pray to every day that we get to do that job, but that is not reality. And busting a manager's balls over something this utterly stupid is what the dregs of society do.

You only know what you read on here. I don't post up every time I have a good experience. How many of these have you really seen in the last 4-5 years in here? I've cut way back. I understand why you say this Ghost but what is the alternative? To just take it? To accept below level competency every single time? I usually do but sometimes I just have had enough and considering I had/have bronchitis and was running a fever, it is possible I just had enough at that point. I venture to guess a lot of you live in areas where white people are still the majority in the area...I think it has a big impact on what I have to put up with vs what some of you in the more rural parts of the country ever have to experience. I've been to the MidWest and there are sections where you can go a month and not see anything but basically caucasians. I can go several days around here in Miami and not see another caucasian. You might not think it matters but it wears thin and whether you believe it or not I experience reverse racism a lot more than I ever care to share in here. Well i guess I just did but you all are the quickest to make judements on people who share in here. I'm amazed anyone posts anything anymore in here.

Relax Ghost, we bump into each other in real life and I doubt you would say I am a hot head.
MOP: Now with more racism

Relax Ghost, we bump into each other in real life and I doubt you would say I am a hot head.
:lmao: Well, I sure wouldn't say it to your face since you'd probably freak out on me, and I have zero interest in getting into a fist fight with anyone, much less an internet blowhard.And if your point is that people who know you in real life wouldn't think you have temper issues, perhaps you should consider how you come across every time you tell one of your "here is me flipping out about something stupid again" stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
You only know what you read on here. I don't post up every time I have a good experience. How many of these have you really seen in the last 4-5 years in here? I've cut way back. I understand why you say this Ghost but what is the alternative? To just take it? To accept below level competency every single time? I usually do but sometimes I just have had enough and considering I had/have bronchitis and was running a fever, it is possible I just had enough at that point. I venture to guess a lot of you live in areas where white people are still the majority in the area...I think it has a big impact on what I have to put up with vs what some of you in the more rural parts of the country ever have to experience. I've been to the MidWest and there are sections where you can go a month and not see anything but basically caucasians. I can go several days around here in Miami and not see another caucasian. You might not think it matters but it wears thin and whether you believe it or not I experience reverse racism a lot more than I ever care to share in here. Well i guess I just did but you all are the quickest to make judements on people who share in here. I'm amazed anyone posts anything anymore in here.

MOP: Now with more racism
:goodposting: What in the....

Disagree. And I disagree speaking from experience as a former drug store shift manager. Yes, I hated that job and it sucked (well, actually it was awesome with the exception of dealing with the public). I pulled rank occasionally on annoying customers, but I was never in the right. Yes, some customers often try to get something for nothing, but this situation is one of two things. Either the signs are clearly marked that you can't mix and match (which I assume they aren't since the manager never seemed to point that out), or they are purposefully deceptively marked, hoping people buy three different candies, but pay full price, or the computer system is miss programmed so the discount isn't given. If it is either of the latter situations, the manager needs to pucker up and kiss butt, because that is what his job is, regardless of how much he hates it. He doesn't like it? He can find some other way to make a living.
BA-BOOM!!!

I have mixed and matched at my Walgreens, and I usually get the discount, but I certainly wouldn't fight with somebody over a couple of bucks.

As far as the signs being misplaced, it happens all the time. That's why you have to read them. I don't see what the big deal is. You get to the register, they tell you to get another one, you go get it. It's certainly not worth getting upset about. Humanity is imperfect. People working at a store making almost no money to do a job which is miserable in the first place because they have to deal with the public have enough problems without people yelling at them over a couple of bucks.
Do you think if they were paid more they would work better/harder? I can tell you from my experiences with hourly wage earners that this is not the case, not even close so don't feel too bad for them, most feel they are doing the stores a favor by showing up to work in the 1st place.

Geez.
When is the last time you punched an hourly clock at work and made somewhere between $10-$15 an hour?

:lmao: Well, I sure wouldn't say it to your face since you'd probably freak out on me, and I have zero interest in getting into a fist fight with anyone, much less an internet blowhard.And if your point is that people who know you in real life wouldn't think you have temper issues, perhaps you should consider how you come across every time you tell one of your "here is me flipping out about something stupid again" stories.
MoP seems like the guy that says/does what other people want to do, but they're too constrained by things like decency to follow through on. I'd bet he's a hero in his little corner of the world where he makes sure this aggression will not stand.

You do know that people don't really lose their jobs when some crazy goes on a rant, right?
Not true. Depends on the set up...if you think i would be screaming at the Walgreens person over the phone at corp you are the one who is crazy not me. I do know how to get things done and go up the chain. In retail it is typically referred to as an escalation and if he were to have one already in his file then that would not be good.

I have mixed and matched at my Walgreens, and I usually get the discount, but I certainly wouldn't fight with somebody over a couple of bucks.

As far as the signs being misplaced, it happens all the time. That's why you have to read them. I don't see what the big deal is. You get to the register, they tell you to get another one, you go get it. It's certainly not worth getting upset about. Humanity is imperfect. People working at a store making almost no money to do a job which is miserable in the first place because they have to deal with the public have enough problems without people yelling at them over a couple of bucks.
Do you think if they were paid more they would work better/harder? I can tell you from my experiences with hourly wage earners that this is not the case, not even close so don't feel too bad for them, most feel they are doing the stores a favor by showing up to work in the 1st place.

Geez.
When is the last time you punched an hourly clock at work and made somewhere between $10-$15 an hour?
Which is irrelevant to the obvious contempt you have for hourly wage earners.

Manager sounds like a huge ****. Had the guy just rang up the price to start with this ends in the first paragraph. Instead he tries to show MoP up and act like he's the lord of the candy. If you don't call corporate he's going to think he can do this to other more vulnerable people. $2 may not seem like a lot, but when you're living on a fixed income and don't have the math and people skills of someone like MoP you're likely to get taken by this scam, and it just isn't right. Of course, this is kind of what I expect from a company that became huge by taking advantage of the old and sick.
Thank you very much...I think

You do know that people don't really lose their jobs when some crazy goes on a rant, right?
Not true. Depends on the set up...if you think i would be screaming at the Walgreens person over the phone at corp you are the one who is crazy not me. I do know how to get things done and go up the chain. In retail it is typically referred to as an escalation and if he were to have one already in his file then that would not be good.
You told your story calmly in the first post, and we all immediately realized that you went crazy and overreacted. Why do you think corporate won't do the same? Especially when you add in the part about how they employ too many minorities.

You told your story calmly in the first post, and we all immediately realized that you went crazy and overreacted. Why do you think corporate won't do the same? Especially when you add in the part about how they employ too many minorities.
MOP submission to the WalGreen's suggestion box:"Please import some whiteys from Kansas and Iowa. TIA."

Please don't feed the animals. :angry:
:lmao:
:no:In an ideal world, we'd all have jobs we love to death and would praise whatever god we pray to every day that we get to do that job, but that is not reality. And busting a manager's balls over something this utterly stupid is what the dregs of society do.
The customer is not always right, but in this situation he was. Regardless of if MOP was being a jerk about it, every step the manager took to be a jerk in response was in the wrong direction.

Very simple opinion by a very simple man. It's all black and white, right Ghost? That is so short sighted and speaks volumes about you. So you just take it in life, you just bend over and assume the position in every situation? You never get a little hot under the collar? This board is the biggest group of hypocrites and liars ever assembled in one place. I share the real #### that goes on in my life, that's my choice and yes at times I wish I hadn't. however the reactions and the internal judgement you all like to pass on a dime is incredible. I think some of you don't entertain it because you know I speak the truth in these situations and you start to get unsettled and disturbed.

Because corporate isn't familiar with his history. There he's not the crazy guy that has these verbose rants periodically, he's a paying customer that was just trying to get their clearly advertised price. Now Walgreen's knows that scamming vulnerable people is good business, they may side entirely with the manager and might not appreciate MoP coming in and shining a spotlight on their evil. But we'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I venture to guess a lot of you live in areas where white people are still the majority in the area...I think it has a big impact on what I have to put up with vs what some of you in the more rural parts of the country ever have to experience. I've been to the MidWest and there are sections where you can go a month and not see anything but basically caucasians. I can go several days around here in Miami and not see another caucasian. You might not think it matters but it wears thin and whether you believe it or not I experience reverse racism a lot more than I ever care to share in here. Well i guess I just did but you all are the quickest to make judements on people who share in here. I'm amazed anyone posts anything anymore in here.
:lmao: wat

MOP

I find your shtick entertaining, but saying it is because of not enough whites in your area, that's not entertaining. you don't have to work blue, keep the racial overtones out of your act

I venture to guess a lot of you live in areas where white people are still the majority in the area...I think it has a big impact on what I have to put up with vs what some of you in the more rural parts of the country ever have to experience. I've been to the MidWest and there are sections where you can go a month and not see anything but basically caucasians. I can go several days around here in Miami and not see another caucasian. You might not think it matters but it wears thin and whether you believe it or not I experience reverse racism a lot more than I ever care to share in here. Well i guess I just did but you all are the quickest to make judements on people who share in here. I'm amazed anyone posts anything anymore in here.
Wow.

Fat, drunk and racist is no way to go through life, son.

MoP seems like the guy that says/does what other people want to do, but they're too constrained by things like decency to follow through on. I'd bet he's a hero in his little corner of the world where he makes sure this aggression will not stand.
I know we all cut up in here and I have been a very polarizing poster for many. I think in the beginning most enjoyed my football postings but then I came in here and started to open up about my life...likely a mistake but in many ways it was therapeutic. I definitely speak my mind, not a single person who knows me for more than 60 seconds in real life will say anything different. I speak what is on my mind even if the other person doesn't really want to hear it. Guess that makes me a bad guy.

I know we all cut up in here and I have been a very polarizing poster for many. I think in the beginning most enjoyed my football postings but then I came in here and started to open up about my life...likely a mistake but in many ways it was therapeutic. I definitely speak my mind, not a single person who knows me for more than 60 seconds in real life will say anything different. I speak what is on my mind even if the other person doesn't really want to hear it. Guess that makes me a bad guy.
No, it's the racism. Definitely the racism.

MOP Reminds me of a buddy of mine.... This guy Is a nice guy but rather tightly wound. If even the slightest hiccup occurs during his business dealings with any establishment, he proceeds to hand write a MOP-length letter to corporate HQ detailing their screw ups. He wears it like a badge of pride. He's never gotten anything more than a form letter reply but that's neither here nor there.

Most recent issue;

He's a skyrim (Sp?) player. Huge time sink for him never mind that he's had 20+ jobs in the last 15 years since leaving college, never staying at one more than 6 months at best. Instead of attempting to better himself he sinks 4-5 hours a day into this alternate universe. Great.

Well 3 days ago he goes on this tirade about how he doesn't play anymore because they took away his "battle sheild" or somesuch item. From what I gather he used to have some shield that he could charge with and it would blow back bad guys or something? Well he updated the game and it disappeared. Turns out the only way to get it back is through a paid update to the game which added more boards/weapons and whatnot.

This infuriated him so he called them screaming... calling them Satan... liars... theives. Yes. He called the poor tier 1 CS rep "Satan" because they had the nerve to take away his shield and make him pay to get it back. In a video game.

After getting nowhere with the phone service he wrote letters calling them satan, theives, and explaining in detail that not only would he never purchase a game from them again.. but he took it to the NEXT level and swore that if they were to ever be purchased by another company, he would never buy anything from THAT company either! Clearly he meant business. He then sent these letters off to every division of the company he could track down an address for.... THEN....

YEs, there is another step. He STILL didn't feel sufficient vindication... so he proceeded to take his copy of Skyrim outside to his yard, placed it on the driveway, and smashed it to little pieces with a sledgehammer. THERE! That will show em.

I tried to explain that they already had his money and all that did was deprive him of the ability to sell the game in the secondary market and recoup some of his investment in the franchise. He pursed his lips and shook his head violently. No. No. No. This was about the "PRINCIPLE of the matter".

So yeah... you guys should hang out, MOP.

I thought that if something was labeled as say 10 for $10, that if you only bought five of those items, the cost was still only $5 to you, not whatever the "regular" price was. I thought that was standard? If you needed a rewards card or something for the discount, that's different, but a straight sale is supposed to lower the unit price itself, not just buying in bulk. That's how I've always seen it done in PA at least.

MOP Reminds me of a buddy of mine.... This guy Is a nice guy but rather tightly wound. If even the slightest hiccup occurs during his business dealings with any establishment, he proceeds to hand write a MOP-length letter to corporate HQ detailing their screw ups. He wears it like a badge of pride. He's never gotten anything more than a form letter reply but that's neither here nor there. Most recent issue; He's a skyrim (Sp?) player. Huge time sink for him never mind that he's had 20+ jobs in the last 15 years since leaving college, never staying at one more than 6 months at best. Instead of attempting to better himself he sinks 4-5 hours a day into this alternate universe. Great. Well 3 days ago he goes on this tirade about how he doesn't play anymore because they took away his "battle sheild" or somesuch item. From what I gather he used to have some shield that he could charge with and it would blow back bad guys or something? Well he updated the game and it disappeared. Turns out the only way to get it back is through a paid update to the game which added more boards/weapons and whatnot. This infuriated him so he called them screaming... calling them Satan... liars... theives. Yes. He called the poor tier 1 CS rep "Satan" because they had the nerve to take away his shield and make him pay to get it back. In a video game. After getting nowhere with the phone service he wrote letters calling them satan, theives, and explaining in detail that not only would he never purchase a game from them again.. but he took it to the NEXT level and swore that if they were to ever be purchased by another company, he would never buy anything from THAT company either! Clearly he meant business. He then sent these letters off to every division of the company he could track down an address for.... THEN....YEs, there is another step. He STILL didn't feel sufficient vindication... so he proceeded to take his copy of Skyrim outside to his yard, placed it on the driveway, and smashed it to little pieces with a sledgehammer. THERE! That will show em. I tried to explain that they already had his money and all that did was deprive him of the ability to sell the game in the secondary market and recoup some of his investment in the franchise. He pursed his lips and shook his head violently. No. No. No. This was about the "PRINCIPLE of the matter". So yeah... you guys should hang out, MOP.
I hope that the local law enforcement has this guy on some kind of watch list...

I venture to guess a lot of you live in areas where white people are still the majority in the area...I think it has a big impact on what I have to put up with vs what some of you in the more rural parts of the country ever have to experience. I've been to the MidWest and there are sections where you can go a month and not see anything but basically caucasians. I can go several days around here in Miami and not see another caucasian. You might not think it matters but it wears thin and whether you believe it or not I experience reverse racism a lot more than I ever care to share in here.
I live in MEMPHIS guy. You ain't seen jack #### in terms of reverse racism. Sit the #### down.

Users who are viewing this thread