What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Grant owners--Let's talk (1 Viewer)

So any new excuses? Or are we reheating the same old ones?
Have you watched the offensive line play at all? It is really offensive right now.
Clifton having the worst season of his career, Colledge <> NFL caliber, Wells getting overwhelmed in the run game, Tauscher not quick enough to get down the line for the backside cut block.... they have started Barbre and Tony Moll for chrissakes. there are no holes available. Grant missed one cutback today.. the rest was taking what was available.people who only watch box scores are the kinda people who vote names in to the Pro Bowl every season instead of the players who truly deserve it. :lmao:
Don't you know...if you talk like this, you will start getting private messages to leave all Packer threads...you simply cannot talk with such logic.

Have you watched the offensive line play at all? It is really offensive right now.
Clifton having the worst season of his career, Colledge <> NFL caliber, Wells getting overwhelmed in the run game, Tauscher not quick enough to get down the line for the backside cut block.... they have started Barbre and Tony Moll for chrissakes. there are no holes available. Grant missed one cutback today.. the rest was taking what was available.people who only watch box scores are the kinda people who vote names in to the Pro Bowl every season instead of the players who truly deserve it. :lmao:
Don't you know...if you talk like this, you will start getting private messages to leave all Packer threads...you simply cannot talk with such logic.
You really are a piece of work.

The thing those stats don't say is that most of Jackson's runs have been on 3rd down passing downs when he's primarily used and the runs have been mainly insignificant.
Untrue.1st-and-10 opp 23 rushed for 2 yards1st-and-10 opp 32 rushed for 3 yards1st-and-10 opp 40 rushed for 12 yards (first down)1st-and-10 opp 48 rushed for 7 yards1st-and-10 own 20 rushed for 2 yards1st-and-10 own 26 rushed for 8 yards1st-and-10 own 32 rushed for 3 yards1st-and-10 own 39 rushed for 0 yards1st-and-10 own 42 rushed for 10 yards (first down)2nd-and-10 own 33 rushed for 0 yards2nd-and-10 own 34 rushed for 2 yards2nd-and-10 own 39 rushed for -1 yards2nd-and-2 own 34 rushed for 3 yards (first down)2nd-and-5 own 17 rushed for 9 yards (first down)2nd-and-6 own 44 rushed for 9 yards (first down)3rd-and-1 opp 19 rushed for 19 yards TOUCHDOWN3rd-and-11 own 38 rushed for -1 yards3rd-and-13 own 13 rushed for 3 yards3rd-and-13 own 17 rushed for 0 yards3rd-and-3 own 20 rushed for 9 yards (first down)And he's killing Grant using Football Outsiders' metrics. Not saying he's better, but it's kind of hard to argue he shouldn't get a shot. Grant's not getting it done.

Why?Because several of the more knowledgeable Packer posters are saying the exact same things that 2 or 3 people have been bashing me for saying?

Hmmm, interesting. Is this better?20 carries, 104 yards, 5.20 yards per carry
:lmao: what does this mean?eta:never mind, I get it.
What does it mean?
It's his passive attempt to get affirmation that Brandon Jackson's YTD stats are better than Grant's. The 20 for 104 is Jackson's rushing production so far this year. The thing those stats don't say is that most of Jackson's runs have been on 3rd down passing downs when he's primarily used and the runs have been mainly insignificant.
Yeah, that's weak. Probably would be best if we could just conlude that GB doens't have any good RBs on the team, since they cut DeShawn Wynn.
Guess you missed Wynn play today.
:lol:Did he? Ooopsie ;)

I guess Grant must not be that good since it appears all the excuses are targeted at the offensive line. If the offensive line was opening holes then a 3rd string RB could hit those holes. Isn't the sign of a good RB is they can make something out of nothing?
No. That's why LJ suddenly looks like crap. Or the reason Denver has been able to churn out so many rb's. It's all about the offensive line.

I guess Grant must not be that good since it appears all the excuses are targeted at the offensive line. If the offensive line was opening holes then a 3rd string RB could hit those holes. Isn't the sign of a good RB is they can make something out of nothing?
No. That's why LJ suddenly looks like crap. Or the reason Denver has been able to churn out so many rb's. It's all about the offensive line.
So what you are saying is that Grant isn't that good and it is all about the offensive line? If that is the case wouldn't most teams invest much more into offensive lineman and not draft RBs until late in the draft or not draft them at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clifton having the worst season of his career, Colledge <> NFL caliber, Wells getting overwhelmed in the run game, Tauscher not quick enough to get down the line for the backside cut block.... they have started Barbre and Tony Moll for chrissakes. there are no holes available. Grant missed one cutback today.. the rest was taking what was available.people who only watch box scores are the kinda people who vote names in to the Pro Bowl every season instead of the players who truly deserve it. :shrug:
Why?Because several of the more knowledgeable Packer posters are saying the exact same things that 2 or 3 people have been bashing me for saying?
Thank goodness you acknowledge there are posters here that know more about the Packers than you do. :lmao:

So what you are saying is that Grant isn't that good and it is all about the offensive line? If that is the case wouldn't most teams invest much more into offensive lineman and not draft RBs until late in the draft or not draft them at all.
O-lineman are taken just as high and frequently in drafts as RB's, if not more.

Thank goodness you acknowledge there are posters here that know more about the Packers than you do. :lmao:
When have I ever said otherwise?There are plenty of posters here who may know more than me about the Packers.Though, they are not the one messaging me to leave all Packer threads...or a few others who have been on my case about Grant.

Running back talent always plays a factor. Playing behind the same line, LT will do better than Kevin Smith. But a large part of things depend on the offensive line. Who did the Dolphins take with their #1 overall pick this year?

Running back talent always plays a factor. Playing behind the same line, LT will do better than Kevin Smith. But a large part of things depend on the offensive line. Who did the Dolphins take with their #1 overall pick this year?
And how many teams took RBs early and it seems many have had positive impacts for their teams. The point is that at what point do the Grant supporters quit making excuses for his performance this year.

And how many teams took RBs early and it seems many have had positive impacts for their teams. The point is that at what point do the Grant supporters quit making excuses for his performance this year.
At what point do the Grant haters quit reading box scores and acknowledge the line play is contributing a good deal to the problem as well?

At what point do the Grant haters quit reading box scores and acknowledge the line play is contributing a good deal to the problem as well?
Given your repeated meltdowns and backflips regarding the Brett Favre situation this summer, I don't think you should be defining who is being more subjective. I must say though, I'm a pretty big fan of your work

I have watched every game and heard annoucers state he is missing holes. I have also seen that the line is a problem. I have also read that Grant has acknowledged he isn't getting past some DBs one on one like he did last year. I have also seen Grant not make as much happen as he did last year. So what is it with you sho nuff....? You want to blame the line as it is a "good deal of the problem" so what part of the deal do you lay on Grant?

Given your repeated meltdowns and backflips regarding the Brett Favre situation this summer, I don't think you should be defining who is being more subjective.
:thumbup: :wub: :goodposting: :lmao:

Given your repeated meltdowns and backflips regarding the Brett Favre situation this summer, I don't think you should be defining who is being more subjective. I must say though, I'm a pretty big fan of your work
Meltdowns and backflips?Or someone who took the whole situation and looked at it in terms of the big picture rather than holding on to a 38 year old who waffled on the team?I think I have been quite "objective" in this entire thing and will continue to be.

I have watched every game and heard annoucers state he is missing holes. I have also seen that the line is a problem. I have also read that Grant has acknowledged he isn't getting past some DBs one on one like he did last year. I have also seen Grant not make as much happen as he did last year. So what is it with you sho nuff....? You want to blame the line as it is a "good deal of the problem" so what part of the deal do you lay on Grant?
Good lord...how many times do I have to say its not just one thing...I have maintained over and over that Grant is not running as well as last year.You read where he said he had a few one on ones that he would like to be winning (yeah, I read that too).Id love to see a breakdown of how many times he has been hit at or behind the line of scrimmage. And no, not all of those are the lines fault...but many are.Id say the struggles so far are probably 50/50 between he and the line.

Meltdowns and backflips?Or someone who took the whole situation and looked at it in terms of the big picture rather than holding on to a 38 year old who waffled on the team?I think I have been quite "objective" in this entire thing and will continue to be.
No, you haven't.

As disappointing as Grant has been this year, he still shows flashes most weeks. I'm gladly starting him next week.

I'd buy-low(very-low I'd imagine) or wait until after next week to sell high. Anyone selling now is making a mistake.

I still think Grant will finish as a top-15 RB.

BTW, those Rodgers sneaks are getting very annoying, why McCarthy is calling them when Rodgers has multiple injuries he's playing through is baffling.

No, you haven't.
Thanks for that quality substance filled post.High quality for sure. :goodposting:

BTW, those Rodgers sneaks are getting very annoying, why McCarthy is calling them when Rodgers has multiple injuries he's playing through is baffling.
I agree with the injury thing its not fun to see.Though, I think the reasoning is how bad they were in short yardage last year. And the sneak has been working.

No, you haven't.
Thanks for that quality substance filled post.High quality for sure. :deadhorse:
No point in adding extra words. In that particular case, three words explained my point sufficiently.

I agree with the injury thing its not fun to see.Though, I think the reasoning is how bad they were in short yardage last year. And the sneak has been working.
The line isn't opening any holes. they are stuffing any gaps created. MM needs to make other teams honest by throwing to open up the run.

No, you haven't.
Thanks for that quality substance filled post.High quality for sure. :lmao:
No point in adding extra words. In that particular case, three words explained my point sufficiently.
And had no basis in fact. Congrats.Now, if you will excuse me...the rest of us actually want to talk about the topic and add something to the thread.

The line isn't opening any holes. they are stuffing any gaps created. MM needs to make other teams honest by throwing to open up the run.
Might be about time to scrap this zone blocking stuff in the offseason and stock up on some lineman and get back to power blocking.Clifton and Tauscher are not zone style blockers and it shows. And when the team needs a yard, the others just can't get the push.

I gotta say, I'm getting sick of seeing Grant run into the back of his blockers and fall down.

Granted, there hasn't been a lot of room to run. But there are many, many times when Grant just puts his head down and run up the back of someone rather than making a cut to daylight. I don't want him to dance, but at some point you have to have the vision to make a move away from trouble.

So far, Grant's doing very, very little to convince me he's not a one year wonder.

:unsure: Grow up.My post was not just about you being negative about Grant.But keep up the childish antics....
So it is ok for you to write that I have been negative about Grant when that isn't true. That is childish, sho.I sure hope you can man up someday and learn to apologize. I'm done on this and I'm sure you will need to get the last word on this so have at it. Just try and make sure to write truthful things here in the future. TIA

No, you haven't.
Thanks for that quality substance filled post.High quality for sure. :goodposting:
And had no basis in fact. Congrats.Now, if you will excuse me...the rest of us actually want to talk about the topic and add something to the thread.
Plenty of basis in fact. And I'd love to talk about Ryan Grant, however when someone says something negative of him you freak out. Heaven forbid someone say something negative about Ryan Grant. I don't know if you know, but once in a while, RBs get worse. You know that's possible, right? It's happening here.

So...Grant is creeping up in my league...now to the #30 RB.

He's clearly the primary back now, gettting 90% of the carries.

How do you feel about his final 1/4? He has the CHI twice, CAR, JAX, NO, HOU...

Id feel better if they were giving him more carries.

McCarthy seems to be putting it all on the passing game right now...and in the past 2 weeks, 2 losses, the running game was working, but they kept getting away from it.

Hopefully McCarthy figures that out and tries running the ball alot more.

Grant took what he could get yesterday and averaged 4.7 YPC against a tough run D. I'm still very bullish on him looking forward. GB's line simply seems to have regressed in terms of run blocking. I would presume the Packers would give more than zero carries to B.Jackson if they felt their subpar running game was a Grant issue. Unless I'm mistaken, I think it was reported that Grant's pay under the new contract is heavily based on performance, so the Packers have more than normal interest in sitting/spelling him if they think he's a problem. That they are not doing that seems telling.

Grant took what he could get yesterday and averaged 4.7 YPC against a tough run D. I'm still very bullish on him looking forward. GB's line simply seems to have regressed in terms of run blocking. I would presume the Packers would give more than zero carries to B.Jackson if they felt their subpar running game was a Grant issue. Unless I'm mistaken, I think it was reported that Grant's pay under the new contract is heavily based on performance, so the Packers have more than normal interest in sitting/spelling him if they think he's a problem. That they are not doing that seems telling.
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread