What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**San Fran at Arizona -3(48.5)** The Murray Report (3 Viewers)

Rats!  I played both Murray and Aiyuk in this game.  It is going to be difficult to win a championship with these dismal performances. C'mon.  Get this to overtime!

Not a great start for me championship week with Brady on my bench and jones putting up a stinker but his kicker being negative right now is fun...

Murray down to end the game. Didn't appear to show much on replay. 

Just a terrible team performance. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Great performance by a Niners team that had nothing to play for. 

Destroyed Cards up front on both sides and the only team that showed ANY emotion all game.

The Murray to Hopkins combo which was one of the teams in the league I play and have to face this weekend, that combo did not exactly take a blowtorch to anyone tonight. Murray on his own, pedestrian, Hopkins really not a big night at all for him. Going to be a tough road if your season was banked on Murray having a big night tonight. 

Cards fall to 8-7

When does KK get the hook as a head coach? Collapse down the stretch...and they still might make the Playoffs. 

I hate to pile on, but Kyler might be a bit overrated because of fantasy stats. Not to say he's not near the top of his profession, because he is. But I think he was prematurely branded as great. 
Agreed. He flashes brilliance but he’s not there. I’ve never been happier that I dealt Murray for Mahomes in a larger deal, and my championship squads are better off for prioritizing Mahomes, certainly. 

I hate to pile on, but Kyler might be a bit overrated because of fantasy stats. Not to say he's not near the top of his profession, because he is. But I think he was prematurely branded as great. 
Coach KK needs some serious criticism as well. I find fault most weeks with things he does along the sidelines. 

Rats!  I played both Murray and Aiyuk in this game.  It is going to be difficult to win a championship with these dismal performances. C'mon.  Get this to overtime!
Aiyuk was a disaster if you started him. Tough to overcome in a championship. Best of luck. 

Never would have expected the 49ers to run all over the Cardinals and maintain the lead so that Beathard only had to manage the game. 

Rove! said:
I feel like the Cards need RBs to complement Murray
Drake IMO is good as gone. Miscast as a between the tackle guy. Cards dodged a bullet not paying him long term after last season.

Edmonds has a ton more juice and a very good receiver. Perfect change of pace. Much better in that role than Drake. Drake isn't good enough between the tackles to commit to long term in that role.

That was sort of my observation, is that the Cardinals were checking down into runs a lot, but the RB were not doing enough to make SF change their defense. They seemed like wasted plays to me most of the time and they needed to find a way to move the ball with short passing game somehow, but that is mainly what SF D was taking away.

I thought it worked better when they spread the 49er defense out with 4 and 5 WR as then Murray had some space to run.

Ministry of Pain said:
Coach KK needs some serious criticism as well. I find fault most weeks with things he does along the sidelines. 
His play calling was beyond bad. Predictable and stale. You have one of the best WR in the game and a decent QB who is one of the best athletes in the NFL. He didn't coach to either's strengths and foreshadowed plays that I could see what was happening on my tiny phone while cooking dinner. Not good if that's possible.

rockaction said:
He’s not a good enough passer yet. He is electric as a runner, but when he is forced to stay in the pocket and be a passer either because of the defense or the game situation, he isn’t good enough to win games. His accuracy and ability to read defenses isn’t up to snuff yet. He is truly electric running it or rolling out to create in the passing game though.

Drake IMO is good as gone. Miscast as a between the tackle guy. Cards dodged a bullet not paying him long term after last season.
They sure did. I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted a guy with a 3rd, but I don't think this year's class is that deep. Edmonds isn't big enough or a hard enough runner to be a between the tackles guy. There's also Eno Benjamin and Jonathan Ward waiting in the wings as a late pick and a undrafted free agent. 

He’s not a good enough passer yet. He is electric as a runner, but when he is forced to stay in the pocket and be a passer either because of the defense or the game situation, he isn’t good enough to win games. His accuracy and ability to read defenses isn’t up to snuff yet. He is truly electric running it or rolling out to create in the passing game though.
As a short man, it pains me to say, but his height is a  big problem so far. It takes a special QB to overcome the height issue, and some can, but Murray is surely not there yet. Some of those batted balls at the line were just brutal. 

Users who are viewing this thread