What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** San Francisco 49ers *** Aiyuk remains a holdout (8 Viewers)

49ers open as 3 point favorites vs the Rams.

Deebo says starters will play "for a good bit" Sunday

"You definitely want to keep the flow going, but you also want to give your body a rest. So I feel like we’re going to play this game for a good bit, just to keep the groove going and not take too much time off. We’re going to continue practicing hard and continue to do the things that we do.”

Great, I look forward to pulling my hair out as they run Deebo into the line of scrimmage.

49ers open as 3 point favorites vs the Rams.

Deebo says starters will play "for a good bit" Sunday

"You definitely want to keep the flow going, but you also want to give your body a rest. So I feel like we’re going to play this game for a good bit, just to keep the groove going and not take too much time off. We’re going to continue practicing hard and continue to do the things that we do.”

Great, I look forward to pulling my hair out as they run Deebo into the line of scrimmage.

I'm tied for first in a 4k pot pick'em pool and I loathe these games...

Top 5 in Pro Bowl fan voting:

- Brock Purdy: 451,864 votes
- Christian McCaffrey: 429,993
- Tua Tagovailoa: 414,502
- George Kittle: 373,750
- Travis Kelce: 327,263

The 49ers led all teams in total votes. Fans placed Niners players atop 15 different positions in the NFC.

Dude has solidified the right side.

Jon Feliciano has seen extensive action for the 49ers' interior O-line since Week 10. His PFF ranks...

Pass blocking: #22 of 57 guards
Run blocking: #4 of 57 guards

His 91.8 run-blocking grade since week 14 is 1st among all guards.

"There's a good chance we're playing this team in two weeks, so I think both sides will be pretty vanilla."

"What you don't want is two off weeks. We've got to make sure we get something out of this week."

Shanahan on Week 18

Purdy is the first Niners QB to be named to Pro Bowl since Jeff Garcia in 2002.

9 Pro Bowlers for the 49ers — their most since 2013.

Nick Bosa
Javon Hargrave
Kyle Juszczyk
George Kittle
Christian McCaffrey
Brock Purdy
Charvarius Ward
Fred Warner
Trent Williams

49ers Pro Bowl alternates:

Brandon Aiyuk
Arik Armstead
Aaron Banks
Jake Brendel
Oren Burks
Dre Greenlaw
Deommodore Lenoir
Colton McKivitz
Taybor Pepper
Deebo Samuel
Mitch Wishnowsky
Chase Young

Jaylon Moore back at practice today. Hopefully that means Trent sits Sunday.

Right now Logan Ryan is the only healthy safety. Gipson and Brown are dinged, and Erik Harris is out of practice squad elevations.

That leaves Ryan, Isaiah Oliver and practice squad player Tayler Hawkins.

Waiting to see today's practice report, but we're thin on the back end this week.

Thursday practice report:

DNP - DT Arik Armstead (foot, knee), S Ji’Ayir Brown (knee), TE Ross Dwelley (ankle), S Tashaun Gipson (quadricep), RB Christian McCaffrey (calf), CB Ambry Thomas (hand)

Limited - OL Jon Feliciano (back), WR Jauan Jennings (concussion), RB Elijah Mitchell (illness)

Full - G Aaron Banks (toe), WR Danny Gray (shoulder), WR Ray-Ray McCloud (rib), T Jaylon Moore (concussion)

inactives for tomorrow shaping up to be:

QB Brock Purdy (3rd QB)
DT Arik Armstead (foot)
RB Christian McCaffrey (calf)
S Tashaun Gipson (quad)
S Ji’Ayir Brown (knee)
CB Ambry Thomas (hand)
WR Jauan Jennings (concussion)

Everyone else will at least be in uniform.

49ers’ secondary on Sunday:

Safeties: Tayler Hawkins, Logan Ryan

Outside Corner: Mooney Ward, Deommodore Lenoir, Darrell Luter Jr.

Nickel Corner: Isaiah Oliver, Samuel Womack

Kyle Shanahan coaching tree:

Demeco Ryans coaches Texans to AFC South title in year one.

Mike McDaniel takes the Dolphins to the playoffs in back to back seasons

Sean McVay is back in the playoffs

Matt Lefleur is on the cusp of anothet playoff appearance

Robert Saleh....he's a nice guy.

Scary to think of Moody kicking a meaningful FG in the playoffs.

That said, it's another reason I hated them using that pick for Moody. FA kickers Aubrey and Dicker kicking assssss. Passed on players such as Tre Tucker and Wicks from GB, not to mention Puka. I know it's hindsight but lot of good players on the board at that point in the draft. Too many to take a kicker there.

NFC Wild Card Round. We will play the lowest remaining seed of the winners:

• (7) Packers at (2) Cowboys.
• (6) Rams at (3) Lions.
• (5) Eagles at (4) Buccaneers.

Why was Shanahan so worried about this? There was zero chance we could have stopped him getting those records.

Kyle Shanahan said it was “a small victory” to make Puka Nacua come out for the third quarter still searching for his records.

“I wanted them to go through the same stress we were going through.”

Smh

Our backup WRs suck
Coming back to this, how bad must Danny Gray be.
He's still on IR and was questionable going into this game, but they didnt activate him. If they bring him up at some point during the playoffs, who do they get rid of on the 53 man? He had one reception last season and hasn't played a snap this season. I wonder if he can return kicks?

Seems like another wasted 3rd round pick.

Our backup WRs suck
He's still on IR and was questionable going into this game, but they didnt activate him. If they bring him up at some point during the playoffs, who do they get rid of on the 53 man? He had one reception last season and hasn't played a snap this season. I wonder if he can return kicks?

According to the beat writers he’s been healthy most of the year but just isn’t good enough to be worth activating. And as you said, given how bad the 5-6 receiver options on this team are, that’s saying something. Maybe he gets one more training camp but SF should just have a standing practice of trading out of the third round.

Our backup WRs suck

According to the beat writers he’s been healthy most of the year but just isn’t good enough to be worth activating. And as you said, given how bad the 5-6 receiver options on this team are, that’s saying something. Maybe he gets one more training camp but SF should just have a standing practice of trading out of the third round.
Should be able to get 2 5th rounders for a 3rd. That's their round to excel in. Hard to believe they missed on Puka in the 5th this year :mad:

Brandon Aiyuk had the highest receiving DVOA ever for a WR with at least 100 targets.

Notice Nico Collins on here too!

Receiving DVOA = value per play, not total value

Chart

All Pro level

Users who are viewing this thread