What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Francisco 49ers - link to new 2023 thread in latest post (1 Viewer)

Is it wrong that I still want Trey next week? I know it won’t happen, but I’d be so happy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it wrong that I still want Trey next week? I know it won’t happen, but I’d be so happy. 

:lmao:

I really thought Jimmy threw our season away with that last INT, but he came.back and led us to the win.

I'm glad we're playing Dallas instead of Tampa Bay.

I’ve been begging for the rookie CBs all year, I didn’t see any Norman on the field, did they finally get the message that he sucks?

In reality, outside of a bad QB, this is a SB team. Defense is fantastic, Mitchell playing great, we’ll have William back next week (?) and Azeez (?), Aiyuk playing good in spite of Shanny, Jennings playing good.

I want Trey bc I know Jimmy isn’t that guy. We should’ve won in Tenn, but we gave it away bc of him. He’s not good enough to be a game manager. If we want to run the ball 40-50x, might as well put Trey in.

Game planning for Jimmy is so easy. You really need to crowd the front and not worry about over the top. 

I’ve been begging for the rookie CBs all year, I didn’t see any Norman on the field, did they finally get the message that he sucks?

In reality, outside of a bad QB, this is a SB team.
Ambry has been trending upwards - funny what happens when you actually play some young guys instead of replacement level vets off the street - but I still can’t remember the last time the Niners’ CBs were this bad. That position is as responsible for the up and down performance this year as Jimmy is. 

I gotta say, Jimmy really stepped up after that last INT and led this team to the win. Right now, this is absolutely his team, and after tthat gutsy performance, I think he CAN take us all the way.  He's been in big games and has great chemistry with pretty much everyone right now. Lance is the future, but Jimmy is the now. Yeah. I said it.

Deebo...man, that is one hell of a football player right there. What a fantastic pick that was. Aiyuk making plays, Jennings coming into his own before our eyes...suddenly, we have one of the most dangerous WR corps in the league along with Kittle. We are so stacked.

What can you say about our D line? Dominant. Whatever we're paying Kris Kocurek, we need to pay him more. He's got this group playing at a really high level. Arden Key was a great signing and is giving us a great ROI. I hope we can keep him after this season.

Im loving how our LBs  are playing too.. Warner has been looking like All Pro Fred, Greenlaw was all over the field making tackles...CB is our weakest link right now but with Moseley back and Thomas gaining confidence (and  keeping Norman on the bench) we might be okay, especially with K'Waun back next week.

I really think we can beat anyone at this point. bring on the Cowboys.

I gotta say, Jimmy really stepped up after that last INT and led this team to the win. Right now, this is absolutely his team, and after tthat gutsy performance, I think he CAN take us all the way.  He's been in big games and has great chemistry with pretty much everyone right now. Lance is the future, but Jimmy is the now. Yeah. I said it.

Deebo...man, that is one hell of a football player right there. What a fantastic pick that was. Aiyuk making plays, Jennings coming into his own before our eyes...suddenly, we have one of the most dangerous WR corps in the league along with Kittle. We are so stacked.

What can you say about our D line? Dominant. Whatever we're paying Kris Kocurek, we need to pay him more. He's got this group playing at a really high level. Arden Key was a great signing and is giving us a great ROI. I hope we can keep him after this season.

Im loving how our LBs  are playing too.. Warner has been looking like All Pro Fred, Greenlaw was all over the field making tackles...CB is our weakest link right now but with Moseley back and Thomas gaining confidence (and  keeping Norman on the bench) we might be okay, especially with K'Waun back next week.

I really think we can beat anyone at this point. bring on the Cowboys.
I'm a Cowboys fan and I agree with you. This is not the team I wanted to see.

Think SF wins outright. Dallas always loses these games.

The 49ers were without Nick Bosa for most of the game. The growth of this defensive line over the course of the season has been nothing short of remarkable

Against Dallas the 49ers defense generated a season-high 22 team pressures (45.8% pressure rate) 

Arik Armstead has led the 49ers pass rush in pressures in back-to-back games (6 in each).

Omenihu had 5

Jones and Ebukam each had 4

Ward had 2

Per Lombardi on Twitter:

After K'Waun Williams' interception, Deebo Samuel told Shanahan to give him the ball and that he'd take care of the rest. 

Garoppolo: "I saw him look at Kyle. He had that look in his eye."

Samuel cutback TD happened on the very next play.

:lmao: F'n DEEBO

I think this team can beat anybody anywhere on a given day if a bunch of things break right for them. Without Bosa in particular, they lose that upside. 
This is where I’m at too.

They can play with anyone. They can run the ball and get pressure with the front 4. Same formula as 2 years ago.

Thomas improves weekly in the CB spot. Should’ve been playing all season.

If ####### Jimmy can simply not the blow the game, we’re in a good spot. Just complete your short posts for 5-10 a clip, and don’t do anything stupid. Could’ve easily thrown 2 ints today.

If we turn the ball over in GB, we will lose.

Obviously need Bosa and Warner to have a chance.

On a side note, motioning a lineman on an obvious QB sneak is just stupid. Just go up, snap it, get the foot. Asking for something to go wrong, and it did. Luckily, the Cowboys one upped us on stupidity to end the game, or they would’ve won it.

On a side note, motioning a lineman on an obvious QB sneak is just stupid. Just go up, snap it, get the foot. Asking for something to go wrong, and it did. Luckily, the Cowboys one upped us on stupidity to end the game, or they would’ve won it.
Phantom false start call on Williams based on the replay I saw. I understand that they were hoping to draw an offside call but agree that it was totally unnecessary. 

Phantom false start call on Williams based on the replay I saw. I understand that they were hoping to draw an offside call but agree that it was totally unnecessary. 

It wasn't "phantom" at all, he wasn't set, just admit it.

The best team won, no doubt.  But trying to say that a 340 pound lineman's rocking chair was set before the snap is kinda funny; it wasn't.

From Fred Warner himself on twitter:

Sorry for the scare yesterday everyone, I appreciate everyone showing love and support for me and the fellas🙏🏾. We’ll be good to go. Huge win, onto the next.

49ers at Packers on Sat, Jan 22

Network:  FOX
Play-By-Play: Joe Buck
Color Analyst: Troy Aikman 
Sideline Reporter: Erin Andrews 
Sideline Reporter: Tom Rinaldi

I see a similar game plan as the past 2 games with the best chance of winning, imo, being with around a 40-25 run/pass ratio. Control the clock with the run game. Get into 3rd and manageable for Garoppolo to convert with short quick throws - in/slant to Deebo or Aiyuk or out to Jennings drawing single coverage against 3rd CB. Take shots plays with hard play-action bootlegs.

If 49ers have more passes than runs, it means they're behind and I am highly doubtful Garoppolo is able to be the difference-maker to win the game. Would love to be proven wrong on that point if it comes to it.

If 49ers have more passes than runs, it means they're behind and I am highly doubtful Garoppolo is able to be the difference-maker to win the game. Would love to be proven wrong on that point if it comes to it.
I have lots of questions about a fully healthy Jimmy, but the fact that his thumb and shoulder are falling off doesn’t leave me very optimistic in a game where he’s going to have to make some throws. 

1 degree and 50% chance of snow in GB. Kyle Shanahan will pull his best Boy Blunder routine and screw this game up. The guy can't coach in the second half of ball games. he nearly gave the win to Dallas last weekend. he can't be trusted, and no lead is ever safe with him calling plays. 

Tanner9919 said:
1 degree and 50% chance of snow in GB. Kyle Shanahan will pull his best Boy Blunder routine and screw this game up. The guy can't coach in the second half of ball games. he nearly gave the win to Dallas last weekend. he can't be trusted, and no lead is ever safe with him calling plays. 
You have a lot of faith in the 49ers even doing well in these conditions lol 

Users who are viewing this thread