What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** San Francisco 49ers *** Aiyuk remains a holdout (6 Viewers)

Arik Armstead and Ray-Ray McCloud are both officially out.

Darrell Luter Jr., Spencer Burford and Elijah Mitchell are all doubtful.

The 49ers will likely have to elevate one of their practice squad RBs, Ty Davis-Price or Jeremy McNichols
Barrows put out a piece on your boy Kalia over at the Athletic this morning. Hopefully we’ll get to see more of this tomorrow.

“I mean, it was his first game,” Samuel said. “It was big. And you could see how happy he was. He was so in the moment, he didn’t even know what celebration to do. So he pulled out the Arik celebration.”

Told what Samuel said, Davis laughed and said that was true.

“The reality is that I didn’t have a sack dance ready,” he said. “But my mind was working quick. So I said, ‘OK, Arik’s hurting a little bit. Let me show him some love.’”
He's gonna get a lot of snaps this week. I honestly don't know much about him but am really excited to see what hes got. He could be our new DJ Jones. Or he could be another Kentavius Street. Either way, it's about time we find out.

Arik Armstead and Ray-Ray McCloud are both officially out.

Darrell Luter Jr., Spencer Burford and Elijah Mitchell are all doubtful.

The 49ers will likely have to elevate one of their practice squad RBs, Ty Davis-Price or Jeremy McNichols
Guess Mitchell can’t have more than 2 carries in a game without getting hurt. I know he’s officially the #2 RB, but if CMC had to miss time, Mason would be getting the main workload because Mitchell probably wouldn’t last long. Good talent but just can’t stay healthy.

More on Kalia Davis, who converted from linebacker to DT in college.

Last week against Philadelphia, 49ers debuted their 2022 sixth round pick, defensive tackle Kalia Davis. Fans had long awaited to see his first NFL action. Davis' entire rookie season was spent on the non-football injury list as he rehabbed an ACL injury he suffered late in his final season at Central Florida. Coming out of UCF, Davis drew comparisons to former 49ers and now Broncos defensive tackle D.J. Jones. This increased the intrigue from fans. In his first NFL game against the Eagles' highly touted offensive line, Davis accounted for two pressures, a hurry, and a sack on just 19 snaps. If the 49ers elect to keep Kinlaw's snaps down or aren't moved by Givens' contributions, Kalia Davis is certainly the higher upside option to see increased snaps without Armstead.

Davis was a linebacker in high school. As a senior at West Florida High in Pensacola, Davis recorded 107 tackles, nine sacks and two interceptions.

When he arrived at UCF though, the coaches had a different approach in mind. Transitioning him to the defensive line, Davis was able to carve out a substantial role.

"It's kind of crazy because within the past year I've played (every position) in the whole front seven," Davis said. "Mike, will, sam, both the ends and now I play tackle. It's kind of cool. I like tackle because you're closer to the ball. You make one person miss and you're at the quarterback."

NFL.com scouting report:

One-gapping three-technique with terrific snap quickness that creates early advantages with the potential to become full-scale disruptions. Davis is a former linebacker with above-average bend, foot quickness and athleticism to create mismatches for lumbering guards. He needs more schooling and refinement as both a run defender and pass rusher to become capable of competing against the spectrum of talent he will see on the next level. He hasn’t played much football over the last two seasons, but his explosive flashes could foreshadow a bright upside as a disruptive, upfield talent."

49ers place PR/KR/WR Ray Ray McCloud on IR

They also promoted veteran wide receiver Chris Conley from the practice squad to take McCloud's spot on the 53-man roster.

Interesting that Conley is ahead of Danny Gray, who's been healthy for quite some time but remains on IR, in the 49ers' WR pecking order.

They also temporarily elevated safety Erik Harris and running back Jeremy McNichols from the practice squad for Sunday's game agains the Seahawks. McNichols has jumped TDP in the RB pecking order.

Last edited:
Per Matt Maiocco

Source: Veteran cornerback Jason Verrett has agreed to sign with the 49ers' practice squad. He'll be practicing with the club this week.

Akash:

NFC Point Differential:

Cowboys, +188
49ers, +175
Eagles, +21

Considering they’re all 10-3, one of these teams is not like the others. PHI’s record is fools gold.

Last edited:
So DVOA (like PFF) is sometimes a little off the eye test, or what base numbers would suggest, but I find it to be a solid resource. Having said that, through 13 weeks the 49ers are the 5th best team since 1981, the 4 above them:

2007 New England (undefeated until the SB)
1991 Washington (SB winning Juggernaut)
1985 Chicago (SB winning juggernaut)
1998 Denver (SB winning juggernaut)

Also of note, the 2023 Ravens are 11th of all-time, so we may be looking at a 2012 rematch. Only the 2012 Patriots (lost in AFC title game, with no Gronk) and the 1995 49ers (lost in the divisional round to GB in a great Favre game) are in the top-12 and didn't make it to the Super Bowl.

Remember 2012 when Flacco was unstoppable for a small stretch? My biggest fear is that’s what we’re seeing out of Dak right now. If his game stays at the current level, they could be our toughest out in the postseason.

Happy Victory Monday, fellas!

Hot damn this team is so much fun to watch! Deebo has flipped a switch the past couple of games and is going BONKERS, nobody is the league is more dangerous right now with the ball in their hands.

Dallas looks like a different team than when we played them. They're definitely our biggest threat in the NFC.

I'm just gonna enjoy this week and not worry about the playoffs yet, we gotta focus on Kyler Murray next.

It feels gooooood to be this gooooood!!

Check down merchant Purdy who just throws screens:

Percentage of pass attempts thrown at or behind the line of scrimmage with NFL rank (from highest to lowest):

1. Russell Wilson - 34.7%
2. Justin Fields - 31.8%
3. Joe Burrow - 29.9%
T-4. Tua Tagovailoa - 29.2%
T-4. Patrick Mahomes - 29.2%

29. Brock Purdy - 20.4%

Haters are running out of excuses.

I think the odds are that the Eagles still win out and take the #1 seed. But if the seeding works out such that the Eagles and Cowboys play each other in the first round, SF still has a good shot at not having to travel.

I think the odds are that the Eagles still win out and take the #1 seed. But if the seeding works out such that the Eagles and Cowboys play each other in the first round, SF still has a good shot at not having to travel.
If we win out, we're #1 seed. I like our chances, especially seeing how the Rams lit Baltimore up yesterday.

In the wild card round we will see these seed matchups:

#2 vs #7
#3 vs #6
#4 vs #5

Im sure its possible for PHI and DAL to play in round 1, but its still way too early to even pretend to predict how it will shake out.

#2 vs #7
#3 vs #6
#4 vs #5

Im sure its possible for PHI and DAL to play in round 1, but its still way too early to even pretend to predict how it will shake out.

I hesitate to say it's mathematically impossible because I haven't actually looked into it, but it would take a pretty remarkable set of circumstances for PHI and DAL to end up in one of those pairings I think.

#2 vs #7
#3 vs #6
#4 vs #5

I hesitate to say it's mathematically impossible because I haven't actually looked into it, but it would take a pretty remarkable set of circumstances for PHI and DAL to end up in one of those pairings I think.
Agree. 2nd round much more likely.

If we win out, we're #1 seed. I like our chances, especially seeing how the Rams lit Baltimore up yesterday.
I know, but SF has a couple of tough games (a top 3 team in Baltimore and a frisky Rams team). I think the most likely scenario is that SF drops one though they’ll be favored in all of them.

But if the seeding works out such that the Eagles and Cowboys play each other in the first round

That's not really possible.
Second round, I meant - Eagles would have the bye obviously.

Ah ok, I see what you mean. Someone in the Eagles thread was saying they actually thought #2 seed would have an easier path to the Super Bowl, there might be something to the idea that if you're one of the top 3 teams (SF, PHI, DAL) you want the other two to face each other first so you don't have to play both of them in the playoffs.

But if the seeding works out such that the Eagles and Cowboys play each other in the first round

Ah ok, I see what you mean. Someone in the Eagles thread was saying they actually thought #2 seed would have an easier path to the Super Bowl, there might be something to the idea that if you're one of the top 3 teams (SF, PHI, DAL) you want the other two to face each other first so you don't have to play both of them in the playoffs.
I think the scenario is if the Lions are the 3 seed and win, they would travel to the 2 seed in round 2. The Dal/Phi wild card team would travel to SF the 1 seed in round 2. I think they were thinking hosting Detroit and then going to SF would be easier path than playing Dallas and SF. Interesting concept.

Someone in the Eagles thread was saying they actually thought #2 seed would have an easier path to the Super Bowl
Of course they're gonna say that, they're trying to convince themselves that everything will be OK after getting their doors blown off 2 weeks in a row.

Sirianni doesn't seem to know how to adjust during a game, I don't see them making a deep run.

Top 5 offensive grades 49ers vs Seahawks :

Jon Feliciano 91.4 😮
Aiyuk 90.0
Deebo 83.5
Kittle 83.5
Colton McKivitz 81.3 😯

Top 5 defensive grades 49ers vs Seahawks:

Ji'ayir Brown 88.3 😲
Chase Young 86.3
Kevin Givens 84.1
Nick Bosa 82.4
D Lenoir 81.9

Someone in the Eagles thread was saying they actually thought #2 seed would have an easier path to the Super Bowl
Of course they're gonna say that, they're trying to convince themselves that everything will be OK after getting their doors blown off 2 weeks in a row.

Sirianni doesn't seem to know how to adjust during a game, I don't see them making a deep run.
I don’t know if I agree with the last statement. Prior to the last 2 games, the Eagles were coming from behind every week. So the coaches must have been adjusting. But I completely disagree that the 2 seed could be better than the 1 seed. You always want home field and the bye. That is a massive advantage over anything else.

That was me, and that is generally correct. I was wondering if losing the 1 seed and being the 2 seed (while sucking for not getting a bye) would have any benefit and you are right. 2 seed would mean that we'd face one of SF and Dallas if we made the NFCCG. If we were the 1 seed, we'd have to face Dallas in week 2 and most likely SF in the NFCCG, which would be less than ideal seeing as how the Eagles seem fundamentally broken at the moment.

well, yeah. Of course we are. We are in super-cope mode currently.

:lol:

𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧: #49ers coach Kyle Shanahan showed multiple clips of #Seahawks    WR DK Metcalf losing control and acting up during a recent team meeting, via @MikeSilver

From the report: "Video clips featuring past fits of rage."

Shanahan said: "We will get ‘14’ to lose his mind,"

Shanahan then said: "Christmas present for whoever gets him (mad)."

Link

Can't say I like this. We need Deebo healthy.

49ers plan to continue using Deebo as a returner.

Yah.. he seemed to get rocked on that first one he did vs the Seahacks, surprised they let him do another.

They should let all kickoffs go out of the endzone and tell Moody to make sure all his kicks also go out of the endzone. Just eliminate that play altogether. Nothing good ever happens when a ball is returned, at least for the Niners.

They should let all kickoffs go out of the endzone and tell Moody to make sure all his kicks also go out of the endzone. Just eliminate that play altogether. Nothing good ever happens when a ball is returned, at least for the Niners.
Yeah, for the 3-4 times a season they get a return out past the 35 yard line, not worth the 10 times they start inside the 20 or worse if there’s a penalty. Plus the wear and tear on the returner.

DPOY?

Top-graded linebackers this season (PFF):

1. Fred Warner: 90.6
2. Tyrel Dodson: 90.0
3. Demario Davis: 88.8

All-Pro Fred is having another All-Pro season. He set a career high or on pace to in the following categories this season:

• Interceptions: 4, previous high: 2
• Sacks: 2, high: 2
• Forced fumbles: 3, high: 3
• Pass breakups: 9, high: 10
• Total tackles: 107, high: 137
• Passer rating against: 77.2, high: 81.9
• PFF grade: 90.6, high: 88.6

Last edited:
The 49ers have the most Pro Bowl votes of any team. Hopefully they won't be available that week.

Players leading at their positions in the NFC right now:

• QB Brock Purdy
• RB Christian McCaffrey
• FB Kyle Juszczyk
• TE George Kittle
• LT Trent Williams
• DE Nick Bosa
• DT Javon Hargrave
• LB Fred Warner
• P Mitch Wishnowsky
• LS Taybor Pepper

The 49ers have the most Pro Bowl votes of any team. Hopefully they won't be available that week.

Players leading at their positions in the NFC right now:

• QB Brock Purdy
• RB Christian McCaffrey
• FB Kyle Juszczyk
• TE George Kittle
• LT Trent Williams
• DE Nick Bosa
• DT Javon Hargrave
• LB Fred Warner
• P Mitch Wishnowsky
• LS Taybor Pepper
Taybor Pepper seems random, but I'm all for it!

CMC on track for a rare rushing achievement.

He exploded in Week 1 with an NFL-high 152 rushing yards against the Steelers and has never relinquished the lead, currently besting all running backs with 1,177 rushing yards and is on pace to finish the season with 1,539 yards on the ground. He's never won a rushing title, but that might change.

If McCaffrey maintains his lead over the next four games, he could become the league's first wire-to-wire rushing champion since Emmitt Smith achieved the feat in 1995, marking the last time a player led the league in rushing throughout the entire season.

He would be the fourth player to lead the league in rushing wire to wire since 1970, joining Smith, Walter Payton (1977), and O.J. Simpson (1973, 1975).

Users who are viewing this thread