What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seahawk Fans (1 Viewer)

Bummed in general. :(

Disappointed in Stevens* and Jackson. :thumbdown:

Proud of Hasselbeck. :)

Frustrated with the officiating, but there's nothing we can do about that. I don't think it was a conspiracy. It happens. Expecting perfection is a folly.

Hopeful for the future. Our offense is more than just solid. Hasselbeck (and all the Seattle skill position players) are going to shoot up the rankings of most fantasy football cheatsheets. Only have to worry about the RB position. I'm of the opinion that its not tough to find a feature RB. Probably not going to settle on Morris if Alexander departs. Our defense is young and fast. I'm confident that pretty much everyone will project Seattle to coast through the NFC West next year.

Already looking forward to the draft and my annual trip to training camp. :thumbup:

* Note: However, I thought it was cool to see Stevens pancake Porter on Strong's third down run off left end. That was cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad we made it, out side of that I am in shock.
Can't say I blame you. I don't know if changing the DJax/Roethlisberger calls would have led to Seattle winning the game but it's truly unfortunate that a game of this magnitude is overshadowed by two extremely suspect calls both of which clearly (IMO) went against the Seahawks. I think the worst part of this game is that nobody seems to be talking about the Steelers; it's all about how poorly officiated the game was. And the criticisms aren't being generated solely by Seahawks' fans. They're coming from all angles from all sorts of people who had no vested interest in the game and just wanted to see a good game played.

It's not fair to the Steelers because they shouldn't have this cloud hanging over their championship. And it's certainly not fair to the Seahawks who will never know if two extremely questionable calls may have prevented their team from being Super Bowl champions.

It's not fair to the Steelers because they shouldn't have this cloud hanging over their championship. And it's certainly not fair to the Seahawks who will never know if two extremely questionable calls may have prevented their team from being Super Bowl champions.
:goodposting: I didn't have a team in this game. As a fan of the game, I felt cheated. And I have friends who are Steeler fans. They certainly have the right to be proud of what their team accomplished this season as a whole. Personally, I think I'd be happier to have a game without so many questions surrounding it. I think the continual loss of momentum really hurt the Seahawks, who came out tough at the start and could have won tonight, IMO, despite the fact that nobody really gave them a chance.The Seahawks are looking mighty good in their decision to draft Tatupu where they did. :thumbup:

I am first and foremost a Steeler fan as some of you know, but I root for the Seahawks in the NFC, mostly due to fantasy football reasons dating back to Brian Blades and Dave Krieg all the way up to today.

Be proud of your team and focus on what was accomplished rather than what wasn't. Remember that the Steelers had a great season last year but came up short. This could easily be you next year. The Seahawks will be on the short list of top contenders for the Super Bowl XLI crown.

Good luck in 2006-07. Your coaches, players, and fans (and Internet posters) are a classy bunch. Some year soon you will win a Super Bowl championship.

Wow, this is what it feels like to have your team lose a Superbowl???

I feel sick absolutely sick! Sick at the officiating. Sick at the play off some of the Seahawks. I'm taking the day off tomorrow. There's no way I can face a new week after that crap.

Now its time to look forward to an offseason of trying to find a new running back with that same spark as SA had. I can't see them signing him again. Bums me out but I think SA is gone. Sorry if I hijacked the thread.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Seahawks played a awesome game. They looked like they had a great game plan coming out. The were fast and aggresive. but some misfortunes and some mistakes at crucual times might have killed it for you guys. (not taking any credit away from the steelers who also played a great game).

but you should be excited for the future and not dwell on this loss. theres plenty of years left for the young Seahawks. and i wouldnt be suprised to see them be a Super Bowl contender next year. good luck

I'm still excited about the Hawks playing in the Super Bowl. I certainly can handle the loss. I wish the game was more exciting. Both teams, the officials, and two weeks of media coverage was poor at best. I did enjoy the commericals, Bud Light was certainly on top of their game last night.

:goodposting: I didn't have a team in this game. As a fan of the game, I felt cheated. And I have friends who are Steeler fans. They certainly have the right to be proud of what their team accomplished this season as a whole. Personally, I think I'd be happier to have a game without so many questions surrounding it. I think the continual loss of momentum really hurt the Seahawks, who came out tough at the start and could have won tonight, IMO, despite the fact that nobody really gave them a chance.The Seahawks are looking mighty good in their decision to draft Tatupu where they did. :thumbup:
:goodposting: Congrats Seattle fans - I know it must SUCK right now but, you have a real good team.

- To me the best in football.

I didn't have a team in this game. As a fan of the game I felt cheated.......
:goodposting: The officiating was absolutely horrible. They made sure the Bus went out a winner. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I promised myself last week that IF the Seahawks lost I wouldn't take it TOO hard. If before the season the NFL offered me a 13 win season and a couple of playoff wins I would have jumped at the offer. I'm trying not to let my raised expectations lessen what was a very good season.

It's a hard way to lose though. We out-played them 80% of the game, led in most statisical categories....unfortunately the 20% decided the game. The Parker TD run was just a dagger, a killer.

We had our shots and just couldn't convert. It didn't feel so much like the Steelers were stopping us, it always felt like we stopped ourselves. Just a very frustrating way to lose.

:goodposting: Congrats Seattle fans - I know it must SUCK right now but, you have a real good team.
Agreed. You guys played good football. And of course, congrats to all the great Steelers fans as well. You had a great season and have a hell of a team.

Talking to my brother before the game, I would be happy for the Hawks no matter the outcome of the game as long as it wasn't decided by a poor call.

I feel sick and couldn't sleep last night.

The sad thing, Seahawk fans, is that the feeling of disappointment and nausea over this loss will never fully go away. For the rest of your life, when you see the NFL Films highlight video of Super Bowl XL, you'll change the channel.

The Redskins won three Super Bowls in 10 years, and I still feel sick when I see the highlight of Marcus Allen's 74-yard TD run from the Super Bowl that the Raiders beat the Redskins. On the bright side, maybe we won't see that highlight quite so much anymore, since that's no longer a record. I was bracing myself for the pain of them showing that highlight after Parker broke the record, but ABC's broadcast was so bad that it didn't have any of that kind of stuff.

In a week, I will be able to look back on the season and be proud of the team.

But right now this SUCKS!

The sad thing, Seahawk fans, is that the feeling of disappointment and nausea over this loss will never fully go away. For the rest of your life, when you see the NFL Films highlight video of Super Bowl XL, you'll change the channel.
Yup. I've seen the Packers-Broncos Super Bowl replayed numerous times on ESPN and the NFL Network. Each and every time the Broncos win the damn game and it's Elway celebrating.

Seattle homers: Will Hutchinson be back? Are they going to franchise him? Can they afford him?

The Free Agent sharks are already circling.

Seattle homers: Will Hutchinson be back? Are they going to franchise him? Can they afford him?

The Free Agent sharks are already circling.
Hutch will be franchised.
I've assumed this as well. However, I feel the team has been making progress in signing players to long term deals. Locking up Jackson, Hasselbeck, and Jones helped this offense to solidify. I don't think Hutchinson is going anywhere. Alexander? That could get sticky.

Do Seattle fans feel Holmgren gave up on the team? I couldn't help but think as I watched that punting the ball back to Pitt with an 11 point lead and 6 minutes to go was giving up. Granted Seattle had managed a couple of nice defensive stops in the half, but at that decision I felt the game was lost. I know 4th and 15 is not ideal, but giving away the football just struck me as wrong.

Seahawks played a awesome game. They looked like they had a great game plan coming out. The were fast and aggresive. but some misfortunes and some mistakes at crucual times might have killed it for you guys. (not taking any credit away from the steelers who also played a great game).

but you should be excited for the future and not dwell on this loss. theres plenty of years left for the young Seahawks. and i wouldnt be suprised to see them be a Super Bowl contender next year. good luck
Tell that to Dan Marino.....

Do Seattle fans feel Holmgren gave up on the team? I couldn't help but think as I watched that punting the ball back to Pitt with an 11 point lead and 6 minutes to go was giving up. Granted Seattle had managed a couple of nice defensive stops in the half, but at that decision I felt the game was lost. I know 4th and 15 is not ideal, but giving away the football just struck me as wrong.
No, I don't think you can say he gave up on the team....but I think it's very fair to say it was a stupid call. I still don't understand it and would love to have it explained to me.As I see it by punting there you've put yourself in a position where the absolute best thing that can happen to you is getting the ball back with 4 minutes left down by 11. And that's if your defense plays well and forces a 3 and out. Why would you choose a course of action where the best case result is a pretty desperate situation for your team? Whether you punt the ball there or go for it an fail, either way you're counting on your defense for a 3 and out right? So why not take the shot? I was very confused when they punted and I'm still confused when I think about it.

BTW I think you need to give the Steelers props for the play calling after that punt to ice the game. The short pass to Randle-El to convert the first 3rd down was big but the Roethlisberger bootleg to convert the 2nd one was just awesome. Very strong plays there and I tip my hat.

Do Seattle fans feel Holmgren gave up on the team?    I couldn't help but think as I watched that punting the ball back to Pitt with an 11 point lead and 6 minutes to go was giving up.  Granted Seattle had managed a couple of nice defensive stops in the half, but at that decision I felt the game was lost.  I know 4th and 15 is not ideal, but giving away the football just struck me as wrong.
No, I don't think you can say he gave up on the team....but I think it's very fair to say it was a stupid call. I still don't understand it and would love to have it explained to me.As I see it by punting there you've put yourself in a position where the absolute best thing that can happen to you is getting the ball back with 4 minutes left down by 11. And that's if your defense plays well and forces a 3 and out. Why would you choose a course of action where the best case result is a pretty desperate situation for your team? Whether you punt the ball there or go for it an fail, either way you're counting on your defense for a 3 and out right? So why not take the shot? I was very confused when they punted and I'm still confused when I think about it.

BTW I think you need to give the Steelers props for the play calling after that punt to ice the game. The short pass to Randle-El to convert the first 3rd down was big but the Roethlisberger bootleg to convert the 2nd one was just awesome. Very strong plays there and I tip my hat.
I agree that the shovel pass screen to Randel El was inspired play calling.

Roethlisberger bootleg??? You mean the broken play that Roethlisberger turned into a 1st down??? Looked broken to me.... or poorly executed.

BTW I think you need to give the Steelers props for the play calling after that punt to ice the game.  The short pass to Randle-El to convert the first 3rd down was big but the Roethlisberger bootleg to convert the 2nd one was just awesome.  Very strong plays there and I tip my hat.
Roethlisberger bootleg??? You mean the broken play that Roethlisberger turned into a 1st down??? Looked broken to me.... or poorly executed.
Madden labeled that a broken play (more precisely, he hypothesized that it was broken) but it looked like a designed play to me. There was no hesitation in Roethlisberger's feet, he spun out and ran. If it turns out it was a broken play I still give props...I'll just give them to Roeth instead of the play call because if he realized the play was broken and booted out that quickly and smoothly it was a great individual effort on his part. Very heady play.

bummin'.....frustrated....but all in all just excited to see my team play in the Super Bowl. The excitement and anticipation of it all was awesome. Granted we (well, the Hawks) lost and there were quite a few things in the game that I questioned, I have to say that I'm excited to see what direction the franchise goes in in the coming years. Will they somehow miss the playoffs? Will they resign their key free agents? Will they have a return visit to the Super Bowl? I won't let a Super Bowl loss (no matter how frustrating parts of it were) tarnish the greatest Seahawks season that I can remember! It may take a few days to fully come to terms with things, but nonetheless I (and the rest of Seahawks 12th Man club) will.

GO HAWKS!!!

Yup. I've seen the Packers-Broncos Super Bowl replayed numerous times on ESPN and the NFL Network. Each and every time the Broncos win the damn game and it's Elway celebrating.
:goodposting: The fact that it's Elway makes it all the more unwatchable. Can't stand that guy.

Seahawks fans have to be really sick. There were so many times during that game that Seattle could have seized control of that game, and be it an officiating blunder or a costly mistake of their own, the just couldn't do it. Oh, what might have been.

I'm bummed and still in a daze. Optimistic for the future, but can't really think about that now.

This is kind of a hijack, but nobody's talking about how awful the Seahawks special teams were. Two missed field goals, FOUR touchbacks on punts and none downed inside the 20, and Warrick letting that one punt roll to the 3-yard line. Unbelievable.

The best team does not always win. That being said:

1)Im looking forward to going to training camp

2)Hoping Alexander is not signed

3)Very excited about the draft. Our 1st round pick this year didn't even play so I will be excited to seem him play probably at G next year, replacing Gray.

Raped by the NFL. The Seahawks were iust the patsies in the Bettis homecoming wank. The NFL does not need to resort to simple minded theater and petrified rockers to have a successful product. The winning product is the game, even moreso than the players. The NFL is skating on thin ice here, credability wise. This SB was hot baloney on a stick for American Idol fans. :rant:

Users who are viewing this thread