What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seahawks unveil new uniforms (and twitpics of many others) (2 Viewers)

What do you think?

• Like 'em

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • Hate 'em

Votes: 25 18.7%
  • Meh - Why are we talking about fashion anyway?

Votes: 31 23.1%

• Total voters
I'm glad the Seahawks are willing to change. I wish they'd all change. It gets dull seeing the same thing year after year. I know I'm in the minority thinking that. It seems if there is ever any change people want it's to go back to an old uniform. I would have been thrilled if they rolled out those fake mock-ups we saw a year ago. Adds a little excitement for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad the Seahawks are willing to change. I wish they'd all change. It gets dull seeing the same thing year after year. I know I'm in the minority thinking that. It seems if there is ever any change people want it's to go back to an old uniform. I would have been thrilled if they rolled out those fake mock-ups we saw a year ago. Adds a little excitement for me.
They will probably make a lot more changes to the uniforms and eventually you will see some like the fake mock-ups. Seahawks are the test case to see how it works. If Nike had come out with new uniforms for everyone people would freak out. Change them a little at a time, or alternate at a time and people are ok with it. A lot of people don't like change....or don't deal well with it.

The Seahawk jerseys looks slick when they aren't being bombarded by intense camera lighting to make them look brighter than they are and to make the green very neon..https://twitter.com/#!/Kam_Chancellor/status/187247467304194050/photo/1/largehttp://nationalpostsports.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/nfl.jpg?w=620
You're right. They DO look better in the dark! :excited: (Second pick looks pretty good, actually...except for the green.)

MG345 must be color blind :shrug:
Nope. You just posted a picture of some moss that is light green, which isn't an accurate representation of what is on the jersey. It is cool, I get it, your whole schtick on here is to be that over bearing fan that backs whatever their team does 1000%. But you are off base here, neon green was NOT inspired by the local palette, Kelly green was. I don't care that you like the neon, it is clearly here to stay, and I am fine with that. But trying to put some assbackwards rationale on it is just stupid.
You asked a question, I answered..... the past uniforms have nothing to do with these. You are 1000% off base making that comparison. I don't care that you love Kelly Green, I do find it funny that I prove you wrong and you get mad.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/35/BIG_LEAF_MAPLES_HOH.jpg/350px-BIG_LEAF_MAPLES_HOH.jpg
You can post it 1000 times and there still won't be any neon green in there.
There is plenty of "action green" ... ya know... the color in the new Hawks uniforms. Educate before you criticize others....http://www.seahawks.com/ms/uniforms/uniforms.htmlclick inspiration.Explains a lot about the new uniforms. You don't have to like that Im right....just have to accept it.
Explaining why they chose the colors doesn't make them any more pleasant to look at. Just sayin'. You could choose olive green because your town has olive branches growing there and apricot polka dots because of the apricot canning plant in town - wouldn't make good uni colors though.

These new Seahawks uniforms are pretty sweet. Not surprised at all that the like em is running away with this poll. I love the use of neon. Its different, cool, but not obnoxious. The gray uniforms were bland and terrible. Major upgrade here. :thumbup:

I agree with what many NFL players are saying. These are probably the best uniforms in the league now.

Seahawks had the worst uni's in the league before the switch to Nike. Can't say that I'm let down or overly impressed with Nike's version. When you combine blue, grey and any of the numerous shades of green that have been mentioned in this thread it's a bad combination regardless.

Nice....I like em. Big improvement....especially the dark jersey with white pants.

Went for a little jog outside and saw a bunch of action green moss and grass coming out....

They look sweet.

http://media.thenewstribune.com/smedia/2012/04/03/17/29/319-YB3B9.St.55.jpg

Some NFL players have said they are really nice and the best jerseys in the league now (Pierre Thomas, Jermichael Finely, Nick Barnett, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, etc.).
I was busy selling the idea that the color combinations look way better than the "all one color" but after seeing this I think this is the coolest looking uniform. Yep, I'm biased but I'm more excited about these than I was this morning.

'biju said:
They look sweet.

http://media.thenewstribune.com/smedia/2012/04/03/17/29/319-YB3B9.St.55.jpg

Some NFL players have said they are really nice and the best jerseys in the league now (Pierre Thomas, Jermichael Finely, Nick Barnett, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, etc.).
I was busy selling the idea that the color combinations look way better than the "all one color" but after seeing this I think this is the coolest looking uniform. Yep, I'm biased but I'm more excited about these than I was this morning.
they should stick to the "all one color"...it fits the uniform style for some reason.

I really hate it when guys waste their time and others' commenting on stuff they say they don't think is important, but I'm about to turn hypocrite mode on.

I just assume teams make uni changes to make new/more money (the same reason they or any business makes any business decision). But for the life of me, I can't figure out why anybody else gives two turds about uniforms - ESPECIALLY red-blooded, typically male, typically down-to-earth football fans.

If my Steelers wear something vaguely black and gold (or yellow or whatever), I'm good. I can tell them from the players on the teams they are facing, which used to be the point of uniforms.

Yet every time some team or other (not just football) decides they need a few extra bucks and does a redesign, we get 50,000 otherwise rational dudes who are generally OK with wearing a T-shirt to a funeral thinking the new unis aren't as cool as the last seven versions and seem slightly suicidal because of it. "Alas! It's CHARTREUSE! And it's exactly the WRONG shade of chartreuse to go with the gray trim strip on the 3rd alternate away game socks!".

The whole thing is mystifying to me. If that's what floats your boat, it's no skin off my teeth, but it just doesn't seem to "FIT".

I really hate it when guys waste their time and others' commenting on stuff they say they don't think is important, but I'm about to turn hypocrite mode on.

I just assume teams make uni changes to make new/more money (the same reason they or any business makes any business decision). But for the life of me, I can't figure out why anybody else gives two turds about uniforms - ESPECIALLY red-blooded, typically male, typically down-to-earth football fans.

If my Steelers wear something vaguely black and gold (or yellow or whatever), I'm good. I can tell them from the players on the teams they are facing, which used to be the point of uniforms.

Yet every time some team or other (not just football) decides they need a few extra bucks and does a redesign, we get 50,000 otherwise rational dudes who are generally OK with wearing a T-shirt to a funeral thinking the new unis aren't as cool as the last seven versions and seem slightly suicidal because of it. "Alas! It's CHARTREUSE! And it's exactly the WRONG shade of chartreuse to go with the gray trim strip on the 3rd alternate away game socks!".

The whole thing is mystifying to me. If that's what floats your boat, it's no skin off my teeth, but it just doesn't seem to "FIT".
The athletes waring them care about the look.....just sayin

You are likening a change of identity to a change of clothing. They may only be football jerseys, but they are the identity of the team.

If there was a change to the Marines' uniforms, you would definately hear about it...yet it's only a minor "clothing change". Right?

You are likening a change of identity to a change of clothing. They may only be football jerseys, but they are the identity of the team.

If there was a change to the Marines' uniforms, you would definately hear about it...yet it's only a minor "clothing change". Right?
If your point is that from a fan's perspective there isn't much point to changing the "identity" in the first place, I agree with you. But the point for the team is money, and I frankly don't identify with the team primarily for the uniform - I'd guess for most folks it would be way down the list in fact.City, players, history, even logo have a much stronger association factor for an individual team. If I think "Steelers", I think "Pittsburgh", "Steel City", "Terrible Towel", "Mean Joe Green", "Steel Curtain", "The Rooneys", "Championships", "The 70s", "Family", "Three Rivers", "Heinz", etc long before I think ANYTHING about how the uniform looks.

The same is true for teams I DON'T really associate with. For Dallas, it's the cheerleaders ;) , for Green Bay it's the city owned team (which is cool) and the Cheeseheads. I know the Yankees wear pinstripes (though I'm sure they've had 100 versions of those pinstripes), but other than that, I can't think of one uniform that makes a strong association with a team for me. I can think of a few logos (Saints fleur de lis or whatever comes to mind), but even they are iffy in general.

If you asked me with a gun to my head to describe any of those teams uniforms outside of the basic colors, I'd be dead. I'm not sure I could even do it for the Steelers with any accuracy, and I own a jersey (though I'm sure it's two or three generations back which is why I'd have trouble).

Again, I'm not saying it's an inherently bad thing to care about it, I'm just surprised so many do (some very passionately), and personally can't wrap my head around why since it makes little to no difference to me. I'm not anti-uniform, I just think that as long as they serve the primary purpose of differentiation and maintain SOME level of consistency (basic colors etc) I've just got a lot bigger fish to fry on both my personal radar and my "team" radar.

As for the military, I'm not really following your point there. Military uniforms change all the time, and most of the time the public could care less. Often there is a practical reason for making the change though, so it's kind of apples and oranges. Oh, and the Marines aren't hoping you'll buy one of their uniforms. ;) If you enlist, they'll set you up, and if you don't they'd probably prefer you don't wear one.

If your point is that from a fan's perspective there isn't much point to changing the "identity" in the first place, I agree with you. But the point for the team is money, and I frankly don't identify with the team primarily for the uniform - I'd guess for most folks it would be way down the list in fact.City, players, history, even logo have a much stronger association factor for an individual team. If I think "Steelers", I think "Pittsburgh", "Steel City", "Terrible Towel", "Mean Joe Green", "Steel Curtain", "The Rooneys", "Championships", "The 70s", "Family", "Three Rivers", "Heinz", etc long before I think ANYTHING about how the uniform looks.

The same is true for teams I DON'T really associate with. For Dallas, it's the cheerleaders ;) , for Green Bay it's the city owned team (which is cool) and the Cheeseheads. I know the Yankees wear pinstripes (though I'm sure they've had 100 versions of those pinstripes), but other than that, I can't think of one uniform that makes a strong association with a team for me. I can think of a few logos (Saints fleur de lis or whatever comes to mind), but even they are iffy in general.

If you asked me with a gun to my head to describe any of those teams uniforms outside of the basic colors, I'd be dead. I'm not sure I could even do it for the Steelers with any accuracy, and I own a jersey (though I'm sure it's two or three generations back which is why I'd have trouble).

Again, I'm not saying it's an inherently bad thing to care about it, I'm just surprised so many do (some very passionately), and personally can't wrap my head around why since it makes little to no difference to me. I'm not anti-uniform, I just think that as long as they serve the primary purpose of differentiation and maintain SOME level of consistency (basic colors etc) I've just got a lot bigger fish to fry on both my personal radar and my "team" radar.

As for the military, I'm not really following your point there. Military uniforms change all the time, and most of the time the public could care less. Often there is a practical reason for making the change though, so it's kind of apples and oranges. Oh, and the Marines aren't hoping you'll buy one of their uniforms. ;) If you enlist, they'll set you up, and if you don't they'd probably prefer you don't wear one.
Ok, so now give me the list of things you identify the Seahawks with. Wait, they've only been in the league a (relatively) short time. Only one player in the HOF (although Cortez and Walter will be there soon). No rings. Yeah, we have a loud stadium but every fan (and I mean every fan) thinks they also have the loudest stadium because it's a badge of fandom. Some teams are still forming that identity that you casually speak of simply because you live (or grew up) in an area that had an old school team. Strip all of that history away and tell me what you have left. Congrats to you on not caring about uniforms--you root for guys in colors that have been around longer.

If your point is that from a fan's perspective there isn't much point to changing the "identity" in the first place, I agree with you. But the point for the team is money, and I frankly don't identify with the team primarily for the uniform - I'd guess for most folks it would be way down the list in fact.
So the Seahawks are genius while the majority of the other teams fail?

Ok, so now give me the list of things you identify the Seahawks with. Wait, they've only been in the league a (relatively) short time. Only one player in the HOF (although Cortez and Walter will be there soon). No rings. Yeah, we have a loud stadium but every fan (and I mean every fan) thinks they also have the loudest stadium because it's a badge of fandom. Some teams are still forming that identity that you casually speak of simply because you live (or grew up) in an area that had an old school team. Strip all of that history away and tell me what you have left. Congrats to you on not caring about uniforms--you root for guys in colors that have been around longer.
That's an excellent point. It is a little easier to associate some teams than others for various reasons (history being the big one). But still, what I associate most with the Hawks is the city of Seattle - which is pretty distinctive to me, and not a lot else. But I obviously don't HAVE a strong association with that team one way or the other. I don't live there, I wasn't born there, I don't have family there, none of my favorite college players ended up there etc. In short, I'm not a fan. But do you think the uniforms are going to CREATE that association for me? I seriously doubt it, no matter how mega-sweet they are. Maybe if you attach actual swooshy feathery things to the players shoulders and under the armpits and actually shaped the helmets like bird head complete with beaks so it looked like they were soaring around looking to dive down on a fish. THAT might do it.But I am assuming you ARE a fan. And as such, if I were in your place, I would probably have some reason OTHER than the uniforms to BE a fan in the first place, and that reason would be my primary identification of/association with the team. It's the city I live in, or I happen to really like some player currently playing for them, or I'm a Paul Allen groupie or SOMETHING. It would't have to be some massive historical presence that the Steelers happen to have.

In fairness, for brand new teams I could see the introduction of a cool uni being a nice START to a brand or an identity or whatever. But the Seahawks have been around for 30+ years now, and they were the first team in NFL history to win a division with a losing record. That's something right there! ;)

That's an excellent point. It is a little easier to associate some teams than others for various reasons (history being the big one). But still, what I associate most with the Hawks is the city of Seattle - which is pretty distinctive to me, and not a lot else. But I obviously don't HAVE a strong association with that team one way or the other. I don't live there, I wasn't born there, I don't have family there, none of my favorite college players ended up there etc. In short, I'm not a fan. But do you think the uniforms are going to CREATE that association for me? I seriously doubt it, no matter how mega-sweet they are. Maybe if you attach actual swooshy feathery things to the players shoulders and under the armpits and actually shaped the helmets like bird head complete with beaks so it looked like they were soaring around looking to dive down on a fish. THAT might do it.

But I am assuming you ARE a fan. And as such, if I were in your place, I would probably have some reason OTHER than the uniforms to BE a fan in the first place, and that reason would be my primary identification of/association with the team. It's the city I live in, or I happen to really like some player currently playing for them, or I'm a Paul Allen groupie or SOMETHING. It would't have to be some massive historical presence that the Steelers happen to have.

In fairness, for brand new teams I could see the introduction of a cool uni being a nice START to a brand or an identity or whatever. But the Seahawks have been around for 30+ years now, and they were the first team in NFL history to win a division with a losing record. That's something right there! ;)
tl;drI don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. South East Alaska is the NFL's last outpost. We expect ignorance from the majority of the East Coast when it comes to the Seahawks. Not a big deal.

'ImTheScientist said:
'Holy Schneikes said:
That's an excellent point. It is a little easier to associate some teams than others for various reasons (history being the big one). But still, what I associate most with the Hawks is the city of Seattle - which is pretty distinctive to me, and not a lot else. But I obviously don't HAVE a strong association with that team one way or the other. I don't live there, I wasn't born there, I don't have family there, none of my favorite college players ended up there etc. In short, I'm not a fan. But do you think the uniforms are going to CREATE that association for me? I seriously doubt it, no matter how mega-sweet they are. Maybe if you attach actual swooshy feathery things to the players shoulders and under the armpits and actually shaped the helmets like bird head complete with beaks so it looked like they were soaring around looking to dive down on a fish. THAT might do it.

But I am assuming you ARE a fan. And as such, if I were in your place, I would probably have some reason OTHER than the uniforms to BE a fan in the first place, and that reason would be my primary identification of/association with the team. It's the city I live in, or I happen to really like some player currently playing for them, or I'm a Paul Allen groupie or SOMETHING. It would't have to be some massive historical presence that the Steelers happen to have.

tl;drI don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. South East Alaska is the NFL's last outpost. We expect ignorance from the majority of the East Coast when it comes to the Seahawks. Not a big deal.
I'm no more ignorant about them than I am about many of the other teams in the NFL. I am not that knowledgeable about NFL history in general (at least compared to a lot of the other guys running around here). I bear no ill will at all toward your fine coast, your fine state, your fine city, or your fine team. I thought grunge was pretty cool in the 80s. In fact, I might fairly be described as grungy right now!Peace be upon thee, and thy uniforms. May the hues and shades of contentment rest easily upon your padded shoulders.

I bet there's a lot of crossover between fans that think the new 'Hawks unis are cool and that the Bengals unis are cool.

Users who are viewing this thread