What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Mock #2 - "What teams WILL do" - Spots open. (1 Viewer)

With pick 1.03 The Oakland Raiders Select: Shariff Floyd DT Florida

I didn't receive any trade offers, which I think in the real draft the Raiders will receive trade offers for a team to move up and draft one of the top OT's

But since I didn't receive any and I don't want to hold up the draft I went with one of the Raiders biggest needs and where I think Oakland will go if stuck with pick #3 and that is Shariff Floyd. He is a versatile DT that can play the 3 technique for the Raiders.

The Raiders brought in a lot of new faces on the defense this year and I thnk in this draft the Raiders will be looking to add even more playmakers to an abysmal defensive unit last year. OT, CB, & DE were all considered here but I believe this is the route the Raiders will go ultimately if stuck at #3.

Philadelphia is on the clock.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where I think Arizona, SD, and Miami are looking to trade up.

Wish we had a Cardinals fan. Understand why there aren't any.

The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein tweeted there will be teams trading into the top 10 to target an offensive tackle.

"That almost feels like a lock," Zierlein added. He also mentioned that DJ Fluker will go higher than many expect. We think there's a chance Fluker is selected at pick No. 11 by the Chargers, but trades can obviously change everything. These tackles will fly off the board.

I'm not sure about them trading up. Even if an OT goes 4 or 5, that would still leave Lane Johnson and Fluker available to them. I would say they're already in decent position if OT is their goal.

Okay. I still think someone trades up to this spot, but since we have no takers for now, we'll go with the hot rumor:

1.04 - Geno Smith, QB - WVU

Okay. I still think someone trades up to this spot, but since we have no takers for now, we'll go with the hot rumor:

Rumor or not, I just don't see this. I could see the Jets leapfrogging. 1st and a 3rd / 1,2 for 1,3 or something along those lines.

Rumor or not, I just don't see this. I could see the Jets leapfrogging. 1st and a 3rd / 1,2 for 1,3 or something along those lines.
Like I said, someone's going to take this pick from the Iggles but who and for what is a wildcard.

If they had to make the pick, I do think they'd go this way. Vick is on his last legs, Peters is coming back from injury nicely, they have the horses to run the 3-4, and have shored up the corner position.

Like I said, someone's going to take this pick from the Iggles but who and for what is a wildcard.

If they had to make the pick, I do think they'd go this way. Vick is on his last legs, Peters is coming back from injury nicely, they have the horses to run the 3-4, and have shored up the corner position.
Probably. Just think Manuel at pick #35 works better with Fisher here. Peters might be back, but Fisher could play RT for a year and move to LT later.

Sorry Andy,

I checked in early today and saw quite a few openings and didn't think we would launch for a day or two.

I agree with the Cleveland selection and also feel Zona has to get the OLT.

We don't really need to wait for Cleveland.

1.06 - Dee Milliner, CB - Alabama

Now, what does Arizona do?

I'm definitely down to do this again! Just message me when its my pick, just like last time. Work's been real busy lately.

Andy Dufresne said:
Ridgelake said:
Andy Dufresne said:
Now, what does Arizona do?
They gotta go the Oklahoma tackle, don't they?
I think you're probably right but I read an article the other day that was a bit of "not so fast" and hypothesized Warmack.

Just wanted to see what others thought.
Neither would surprise me. I guess I would lean Lane Johnson just on how rare it is that teams pull the trigger on a guard this early.

Andy Dufresne said:
JetMaxx said:
Andy Dufresne said:
Okay. I still think someone trades up to this spot, but since we have no takers for now, we'll go with the hot rumor: 1.04 - Geno Smith, QB - WVU
No chance that this happens.
I think you're wrong that there's NO chance. Who else would you suggest?
As you said a trade is likely. But if required to stay at 4 the Eagles will take the BPA, in this case Fisher. They will not burn a top 4 pick on a questionable QB prospect that's merely the best of a mediocre class of QBs.

Andy Dufresne said:
JetMaxx said:
Andy Dufresne said:
Okay. I still think someone trades up to this spot, but since we have no takers for now, we'll go with the hot rumor: 1.04 - Geno Smith, QB - WVU
As you said a trade is likely. But if required to stay at 4 the Eagles will take the BPA, in this case Fisher. They will not burn a top 4 pick on a questionable QB prospect that's merely the best of a mediocre class of QBs.
What makes you say that? There's a reason they're drafting at the #4 spot. They brought in Dennis Dixon for heaven's sake.

The only other option I can see is Ansah.

1.07 - Lane Johnson, OT - Oklahoma

I agree that this is really the only pick. They have the statue Palmer playing there now so they need to do something.

Andy Dufresne said:
JetMaxx said:
Andy Dufresne said:
What makes you say that? There's a reason they're drafting at the #4 spot. They brought in Dennis Dixon for heaven's sake. The only other option I can see is Ansah.
Smith is not a franchise QB and they're not going to take him because of need. If he is on the board later after a trade back? Perhaps but not at 4. The GM clearly said they have changed drafting philosophy from need to BPA/value.

Andy Dufresne said:
JetMaxx said:
Andy Dufresne said:
What makes you say that? There's a reason they're drafting at the #4 spot. They brought in Dennis Dixon for heaven's sake.

The only other option I can see is Ansah.
Gotta agree with JetM, here. IMO, there's no way they bring in another QB who is likely to sit behind Foles when there is better talent available. They are just as likely to get the same QB talent-wise in round 2. The reason they're drafting #4 is the shambles their OL became last season.

Smith is not a franchise QB and they're not going to take him because of need. If he is on the board later after a trade back? Perhaps but not at 4. The GM clearly said they have changed drafting philosophy from need to BPA/value.
He might not be a franchise QB now, but more tea leaves say he has the tools and that he's going to go in the top 5 than don't. The Eagles could easily draft him based on upside especially since the rookie wage scale doesn't kill a team anymore.

A source close to Lance Zierlein of the Houston Chronicle has reportedly told him to "plug in" Smith to the Eagles with their first pick. Zierlein reinforces the report by saying when this guy talks he makes sure to listen.

Kind of funny, we went through this same argument last year regarding the Browns and Tannehill.

And now to REALLY stir the pot, I think the Bills are going to take Nassib.

Kind of funny, we went through this same argument last year regarding the Browns and Tannehill.

What changed this drastic?

Buffalo selects

QB, Ryan Nassib, Syracuse

Writeup to follow tonight.
This is perhaps the best pick in the draft so far. Don't think he'll be here, but if he is... perfect.
I think he'll be there. QBs will be slippin' in this draft.
Seems to be getting a lot of love lately. He'll be a 1st round pick.
Only if someone trades up into the late 1st.

Gotta agree with JetM, here. IMO, there's no way they bring in another QB who is likely to sit behind Foles when there is better talent available. They are just as likely to get the same QB talent-wise in round 2. The reason they're drafting #4 is the shambles their OL became last season.
Why is he likely to sit behind Foles?

What changed this drastic?

>

Buffalo selects

QB, Ryan Nassib, Syracuse

Writeup to follow tonight.
This is perhaps the best pick in the draft so far. Don't think he'll be here, but if he is... perfect.
I think he'll be there. QBs will be slippin' in this draft.
Seems to be getting a lot of love lately. He'll be a 1st round pick.
Only if someone trades up into the late 1st.
Me remembering how lousy Buddy Nix is.

Drafting Nassib in Buffalo would lead to immediate QB controversy before the Kolb era ever gets off the ground. Sure, you might gain some support from Syracuse fans, but I don't think it's worth the inevitable hatred of Kolb it would create. If he falls and it makes sense later, maybe. I don't think even the Bills would go out of their way to create that though. Especially not with massive needs remaining on their defense.

Nassib is possible, but if they don't have a homer I'll throw out a vote for Jarvis Jones.

Andy Dufresne said:
JetMaxx said:
Andy Dufresne said:
What makes you say that? There's a reason they're drafting at the #4 spot. They brought in Dennis Dixon for heaven's sake. The only other option I can see is Ansah.
That's not the only reason. That D sucked.

Are the Bills really planning such a thing as The Kolb Era?

If not Nassib then Jones would work. As would Ansah or Warmack (they did lose Levitre).

Are the Bills really planning such a thing as The Kolb Era?

If not Nassib then Jones would work. As would Ansah or Warmack (they did lose Levitre).
I have read they are kind of hot for Tavon Austin and I think this pick makes a ton of sense for them also. They have been looking for something useful beside Johnson.

Wait on QB to round 2.

Hadn't thought or heard much about Austin but I like it.

I really don't know what to do for Buffalo here. Their owner is 877 years old too, so that plays a factor.

Ansah feels like too much of a project to be a Bills pick. Maybe a little redundant with Mario also.

Like the Austin suggestion as well.

FWIW - Lande's newest mock has Nassib going here.

Seems like Bills' fan message boards are kind of on board with a QB with discussion of Barkley included.

Just my opinion, but I don't believe he's an improvement. I think Foles did reasonably well and is now experienced -- at least moreso than Geno.

Just my opinion, but I don't believe he's an improvement. I think Foles did reasonably well and is now experienced -- at least moreso than Geno.
Can't imagine any scenario where Foles would beat out Geno in a fair comp

You know who's really screwed are the Chargers. They don't have the picks to spend to move up and they desperately need to.

Sorry guys, I'm just going to call it. There's no real good answer here but...well...anyway...

1.08 - Ryan Nassib, QB - Syracuse

Users who are viewing this thread