What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Mock #2 - "What teams WILL do" - Spots open. (1 Viewer)

Gotta agree with JetM, here. IMO, there's no way they bring in another QB who is likely to sit behind Foles when there is better talent available. They are just as likely to get the same QB talent-wise in round 2. The reason they're drafting #4 is the shambles their OL became last season.
Why is he likely to sit behind Foles?
Just my opinion, but I don't believe he's an improvement. I think Foles did reasonably well and is now experienced -- at least moreso than Geno.
I wasn't too impressed with Foles. I think Vick starts there anyways, but I am higher on him than most.

Geno certainly had moments where he looked worthy of a top pick. He faded down the stretch as West Virginia was a very flawed team in a tough Big 12. He led an explosive offense and Chip Kelly seems to like those. It would be a good fit IMO.

You know who's really screwed are the Chargers. They don't have the picks to spend to move up and they desperately need to.
I think the Chargers are okay because Gaurd is just a big of need and the depth of this draft is pretty good. They probably dont get Johnson but I see Warmack or Cooper still being available at the pick and either guy will help that line. Or if they dont go Guard now, they can wait till round 2 and some not bad names there either or trade down and grab Fluker because they could use more picks like many teams can.

Jets @ 9

Ezekiel Ansah

I think there zero chance of Ansah being here . Considered Mingo , Ryan in win now mode might even prefer Mingo.

I've read that Ryan is wet for Mingo but either one is a fine pick here.
Mingo makes more sense since he's more "polished", but I can see them going either way here.

Peter King saying that the Falcons are looking to trade up from 30, perhaps for a pass rusher. My guess is they really start calling teams from here on out. Mingo and Jarvis Jones (a Georgia boy no less) still on the board.

Speaking of Buddy Nix, how 'bout this gem?

Bills GM Buddy Nix hinted that he won't take a guard with the No. 8 overall pick.

Buffalo lost both Andy Levitre and top backup Chad Rinehart in free agency, leaving them with Colin Brown and Kraig Urbik as starters. But Nix claims that guard is not a need. "Not at all. Not at all. I know people have said we’re taking one of those top two guards. Our roster in house is better than I think we get credit for especially offensive line. We're pretty deep there. We've got six guards and we think a couple of them can play."
We've got six guys and we thing a couple of them might not be hopeless. Wow.

Titans 1.10

The board will likely consist of two guys already taken here (Milliner and Ansah), Warmack, Cooper, Vaccaro, Rhodes, Mingo, and Eifert.

Too early for Eifert, might be too early for Vaccaro and with Wilson/Pollard, he isn't really a need.

Guard was addressed in FA with Levitre and Rob Turner (not a big fan of Turner, but he fills in), Warmack is still a strong possibility.

I think Milliner may fall here, but he didn't.

I think either Rhodes or Mingo would be a fine pick here.

I'm inclined to take Rhodes but could be convinced otherwise.

Titans 1.10

The board will likely consist of two guys already taken here (Milliner and Ansah), Warmack, Cooper, Vaccaro, Rhodes, Mingo, and Eifert.

Too early for Eifert, might be too early for Vaccaro and with Wilson/Pollard, he isn't really a need.

Guard was addressed in FA with Levitre and Rob Turner (not a big fan of Turner, but he fills in), Warmack is still a strong possibility.

Rhodes would be a solid pick. Is CB a need for Titans?

1.10 is Rhodes

Titans 1.10

:yes:

Rhodes it is.

Which drops Mingo or a G to San Diego.

I see corner and guard being the biggest needs for Tennessee. I would have gone with Warmack because he's higher on my board, but Rhodes is a fine prospect.

San Diego getting Warmack is like a wet dream.

1.10 is Rhodes

Titans 1.10

:yes:

Rhodes it is.

Which drops Mingo or a G to San Diego.
That makes my Dolphins pick more interesting. Although X Rhodes is commonly mocked there, I never saw it happening. He isn't a scheme fit and they just let a very similar player walk.

San Diego 1.11 - Chance Warmack

I think this is an easy choice even though it seems high for a guard. As has been mentioned before the Chargers are sort of screwed because they need a LT but have so many holes that trading picks to move up isn't a viable option.

The Dolphins and team SlapReacher are on the clock.

I'm thinking Trufant or trade down. If there is a team moving up for Austin.Mingo and Jarvis don't seem like best fits for a 4-3, unless im mistaken. I'm hearing whispers of Star too, but I don't see it. Vacarro in the mix too.

This actually seems like a good trade-down situation for miami. Several good options but nobody that really jumps out to me. Maybe someone will want to leapfrog Carolina/St.Louis to ensure they get their top receiver? Or maybe Dallas trades up to grab Cooper?

I can't work PMs from my phone. If anyone wants to trade up let me know. Otherwise Trufant will be the pick when I get back to my desk.I totally see Miami grabbing a DL in the first few rounds.

Ravens would trade their 1st (32) and 3rd (94), and 2014 2nd for this spot.

I have to step away for a few hours. If this is accepted then the Ravens will take Tavon Austin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll stop being a hold up. I can't see either of those trades honestly.

Dolphins select CB Desmond Trufant.

If Grimes returns to form, this secondary will be very strong. OT is the other big need on the board for the Dolphins.

No thanks.

If they do, it will be for defense. I think the Vikings take WR in the 2nd round, possibly trading up for the guy they want.

In the 1st I'm hoping they take 2 defensive guys to fill gaps at DT, MLB, CB, and SS.

Doesn't seem like a lot of value in that trade. I see Minny or SF as likely targets for this pick.
I think the Vikings are more likely to trade down than up in this draft.
Why do you say that? IMO, Austin would be very appealing to them. A lot like Percy but not so disgruntled.
I agree with FP. They'll probably make one of those picks but trade out of the other.

After signing Jennings, the WR situation isn't quite so desperate. And it's a team with way more holes than their record from last year portrays them as having. They need all the picks they can get.

Perhaps Tampa does the deal then trades the 27th pick for Revis? So their pick nets them Revis, an extra 3rd and a 2014 #2. Just a thought...

Do they want to spend that high of a pick on a TE? Not sure.

Do they want to spend that high of a pick on Jones, whose spine issue could shorten his career? Not sure.

Are there any other corners available at this point with the ceiling of Revis? No.

I say Tampa pulls the trigger on Revis for the 13th overall pick. Big question is what does the Jets do now.

Users who are viewing this thread