What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shaun Alexander - not a HOFer (1 Viewer)

Joe T

Footballguy
Sorry but this guy's career so far is not hall of fame worthy and he's got a long way to go to get there. Outside of his lofty Touchdown totals, he's done nothing extraordinary to warrant a trip to the HOF. His TD's are a product of being on a team that puts him in position to score a lot. If he were on the Texans, would have have half as many TD's? No.He's a good player, just not a great one.

agreed. but if he stays in Seattle, he will likely put up HOF numbers by the time his career is finished.

Sorry but this guy's career so far is not hall of fame worthy and he's got a long way to go to get there. Outside of his lofty Touchdown totals, he's done nothing extraordinary to warrant a trip to the HOF. His TD's are a product of being on a team that puts him in position to score a lot. If he were on the Texans, would have have half as many TD's? No.

He's a good player, just not a great one.
He's no Vince Young. :thumbup:

He's won an MVP award which puts him in exclusive company. If the Seahawks win the Super Bowl and he wins the MVP there it will put him in even more exclusive company. More importantly, if he performs for another 5-6 years at his current level of production it will be pretty darn hard to not vote him into the Hall of Fame.

If he were on the Texans, would have have half as many TD's?
If Mickey Mantle had played for the Washington Senators, he'd probably have less RBI. What's your point?

His TD's are a product of being on a team that puts him in position to score a lot. If he were on the Texans, would have have half as many TD's? No.
That probably describes a bunch of guys already in the HOF.

Without a doubt. He's been a top RB in the league for about 4 years now, and just hitting his prime. What is there not to like about the guy? He reminds me a little of ED with a little more power, and not quite the same speed.Hall of famer if this was his last season? Borderline, but his career isn't even close to being over. And, he doesn't need 5-6 more years as the best back int he league to get there. Two to three years as a top 5 back, and he's a lock.

Sorry but this guy's career so far is not hall of fame worthy and he's got a long way to go to get there. Outside of his lofty Touchdown totals, he's done nothing extraordinary to warrant a trip to the HOF. His TD's are a product of being on a team that puts him in position to score a lot. If he were on the Texans, would have have half as many TD's? No.

As a rookie in 2000, he rode the pine as we all know. Since then:Seasons in the top 10:

Rushing yards: 2001-6, 2003-8, 2004-2, 2005-1

Rushing TDs: 2001-1, 2002-2t, 2003-3t, 2004-2, 2005-1

Yards from scrimmage: 2001-6, 2003-8, 2004-4, 2005-3

Already 12th ALL TIME in rushing TDs with 89 (and tied for 16th in all purpose TDs with 100), look at the company he is already in:

All-time leaders

1. E Smith 164

2. M Allen 123

3. W Payton 110

4. J Brown 106

5. J Riggins 104

6. *M Faulk 100

7. B Sanders 99

8. *J Bettis 91

9. F Harris 91

10. *C Martin 90

11. E Dickerson 90

12. *S Alexander 89

13. *P Holmes 86

14. J Taylor 83

15. O Anderson 81

16. R Watters 78

17. T Dorsett 77

Pretty full of HOFers isn't it?

The dude is AVERAGING 20 TDs per season since being made the starter. He is AVERAGING over 1,500 rushing yards per season since being made the starter. With another "average" season next year, he will vault into the top 25 on the rushing yards list, the top 10 on the rush+receiving TD list, and possibly top 5 on the rushing TD list.

Alexander is UNQUESTIONABLY a great player and arguably a HOFer already.

So we're saying that a player's situation effects their statistics?Interesting. I look forward to more insightful comments such as these and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Talking about a player going into his 7th year in the league as a HOF candidate = :fishing:SA will get to the HOF if he continues this pace and passes 100 TDs and 10G rush yards.There are only 6 other players who have rushed for more than 100 career TDs and less than 20 who have rushed for over 10G yards. He should end up passing Walter Payton for the #2 spot in rush TDs sometime in the next couple of years - and ought to pass 10G rush yards sometime in th enext two years as well - and that will be enough to get him into the HOF, IMO, considering the pace at which he has hit his career TD numbers, and the fact he has never missed a game due to injury (also an amazing feat in 6 years of NFL football as a RB)

Last edited by a moderator:
No, he is not. Unless you are willing to concede that Terrell Davis, who was a more accomplished RB (was also an MVP not to mention a Super Bowl MVP) and played a few less games than Alexander, is a HoFer, too.

:lmao: He's no Art Monk.....

Who is annointing Alexander into the Hall yet, anyway?

He, along with quite a few active players, are on PACE for Hall of Fame consideration, but have a long way to go.

:lol: He couldn't pass up a chance to pimp his own thread...
Exactly - he had not won the rushing title, nor had he broken the rushing TD recoprd, when that earlier thread was made.
But this thread is saying hes not a HOFer! So its acting as if his chances have decreased since then. IF the title of the thread was "SA wasn't a HOFer two weeks ago, but now is" then I'd understand. Anyway, icy pots to you, you sick son of a #####. I really do wish you nothing but the best of luck in the new year.

Anyway, icy pots to you, you sick son of a #####. I really do wish you nothing but the best of luck in the new year.
LOL!You got it JW - right back at ya.

Best of luck this year, icypots.

No, he is not. Unless you are willing to concede that Terrell Davis, who was a more accomplished RB (was also an MVP not to mention a Super Bowl MVP) and played a few less games than Alexander, is a HoFer, too.
Hence my word arguably. :boxing: Alexander already has more yards than Davis and 35 more TDs.

While agree with this statement right now, the part bolded is just ridiculous, and quite ignorant.I'm not getting dragged into a :fishing: trip here, but isn't that the sole purpose of every single NFL Offense, to put guys in position to score?

Let's try to talk some sense into some people . . .Only 7 RB have had 7800 rushing yards after 6 seasons:Eric Dickerson 9915Emmitt Smith 8956Barry Sanders 8672 Walter Payton 8386 Earl Campbell 8296Shaun Alexander 7817Eddie George 7813 However, Alexander is the only one in that group that was not a starter his first year and only had 313 rushing yards his rookie season, so he essentially is 1,000 yards behind the 8-ball.Only 4 players at any position have had 80 TD in their first 6 seasons:Shaun Alexander 100Emmitt Smith 100Jerry Rice 83LaDainian Tomlinson (5 years) 80Only 18 players have EVER scored 100 TD:J Rice 207E Smith 175M Allen 144M Faulk 136C Carter 130J Brown 126W Payton 125J Riggins 116L Moore 111M Harrison 110B Sanders 109T Owens 103D Hutson 102T Brown 101S Largent 101S Alexander 100F Harris 100C Martin 100Every single player on that list that is eligible for the HOF has been inducted, and I personally don't see how the other ones won't make it (T.O.'s issues notwithstanding).FYI - Other guys knocking on the door are Moss (98), Bettis (94), and Holmes (94).IMO, Alexander likely hasn't played enough to be a mortal lock just yet, but two more years to get him to 10,000 rushing yards and he will be.

IMO:1. He is not a HOFer if he retires today, but he has put himself in position to earn a spot.2. Two more years of success similar to the past few years makes him a likely candidate, and 3 more makes him a lock.3. Postseason success and/or more awards can't hurt, but are not required.

and the fact he has never missed a game due to injury (also an amazing feat in 6 years of NFL football as a RB)
KOD
i'm not ig'nant to board lingo, so what does "KOD" mean?
Kiss Of DeathI hope you didn't just Sports Illustrated Cover his ###
Got it - I'd say the number of carries he has had the last three years will do way more than my say-so on a fantasy football message board, but what do I know. Maybe my words carry more weight than I though in the football karma world.

Shaun Alexander is guaranteed to be in the HOF.When ever someone breaks a record, they have their jersey encased for displaying.Priest's jersey is in there now.I guess they can store that one away to make room for SA's one.

Shaun Alexander is guaranteed to be in the HOF.

When ever someone breaks a record, they have their jersey encased for displaying.

Priest's jersey is in there now.

I guess they can store that one away to make room for SA's one.
I was in the HOF too. It cost me $15 for the day. But, I was in it.

Shaun Alexander is guaranteed to be in the HOF.

When ever someone breaks a record, they have their jersey encased for displaying.

Priest's jersey is in there now.

I guess they can store that one away to make room for SA's one.
I was in the HOF too. It cost me $15 for the day. But, I was in it.
you should be.that post in the "sucks" thread was brilliant.

Who is annointing Alexander into the Hall yet, anyway?

He, along with quite a few active players, are on PACE for Hall of Fame consideration, but have a long way to go.
:yes:

He's won an MVP award which puts him in exclusive company. If the Seahawks win the Super Bowl and he wins the MVP there it will put him in even more exclusive company. More importantly, if he performs for another 5-6 years at his current level of production it will be pretty darn hard to not vote him into the Hall of Fame.
5 or 6 years? I'd think 2-3 more years of this type of production gets him in easily. No way he's keeping it up for 6 more years anyway, he'll be 34-35 by then.

5 or 6 years? I'd think 2-3 more years of this type of production gets him in easily. No way he's keeping it up for 6 more years anyway, he'll be 34-35 by then.
:yes: 5 or 6 more years "at this type of propduction" would make him hands down one of the 3 best RB to have ever played the game - period. If not the best.

He'd have around 15,000 rush yards and 180 rush TDs if he played at his last 5 years' average for 5 more years.

Makes Emmitt and Walter that much more impressive that they both have more than 15G rush yards in their careers when you consider that SA has to double his current numbers and he'd still not be up to their rush yardage.

If he were on the Texans, would have have half as many TD's? 
If Mickey Mantle had played for the Washington Senators, he'd probably have less RBI. What's your point?
....and if he hadn't been a drunk, he probably would be considered the greatest ball player of all time.

So we're saying that a player's situation effects their statistics?

Interesting. I look forward to more insightful comments such as these and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
:lmao:

So we're saying that a player's situation effects their statistics?

Interesting. I look forward to more insightful comments such as these and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
:yes: Where's the signup for this newsletter at??? Is Bryant or Dodds blocking this critical info so FBG's don't lose subscriptions???? :nerd: OTOH, seeing how close he is to what is possibly "ALL TIME greatness" makes all this squabble over a few mill asinine and contrived.

What is a few mill dollars versus IMMORTALITY (immortalized in Canton after you are 'gone')?

I hope Alexander doesn't :ptts: if he DOESN'T make it into the Hall because he signs w/ a different team for a few million more... :no:

Don't you have anything else to do? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread