What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shaun Alexander's receiving skills (1 Viewer)

doomsdaydoc

Footballguy
I had noticed that for a few years he was catching well over 40 passes and 1 season had caught 59 passes. in 2004 he declined to 23 and last season he only caught 15 passes. I would imagine that he has good receiving skills since he was able to catch 59 passes in 2002. What would account for this major decline in receiving.

I had noticed that for a few years he was catching well over 40 passes and 1 season had caught 59 passes. in 2004 he declined to 23 and last season he only caught 15 passes. I would imagine that he has good receiving skills since he was able to catch 59 passes in 2002. What would account for this major decline in receiving.
He was terrible in pass protection and he now gets pulled on passing 3rd downs for Morris.I think its a combination of the Hawks utilizing Morris' skills as the 3rd down back and that Morris is a better blocking RB than Alexander. Not that Morris gets any receptions on 3rd downs anyways, but he is a better blocker.

Last edited by a moderator:
The added carries:

I agree to an extent, but Alexander still gets pulled on passing 3rd downs.I think the Hawks do not pass to the RBs as much as they did in the past and throw the short passes to the WRs/TEs instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread