What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Luke Musgrave, GB (1 Viewer)

It was a brutal hit. I’m surprised he popped up.
I was surprised he held onto the ball.

Was a brutal hit which would have put a lot of people out but still concerning that for my biggest concern for him coming into the league was his ability to withstand the physicality of the league and stay on the field and he's now out again. But it was a little flukey as ankle injuries go and I'll say again pretty strong show of his toughness to hang onto the ball.

I do find the way they've used him lately, especially since Watson got back, as odd. Earlier in the year he seemed to be running more down field with Love just missing him on several potential TD's and big plays. Last few weeks he's been a short catch and run guy but IMO he's not that good at YAC so find it a little odd.

Odd usage or not where I own him is 1.5 PPR TE leagues and those little passes add up and it's nice having a TE that you know is involved in the offense almost every week. Or at least it was, no idea on severity of his ankle.

Luke Musgrave (ankle) returned to practice on Friday.
After missing two-straight practices, Musgrave returning on Friday gives him a glimmer of hope at playing on Sunday against the Vikings. Head coach Mike LaFleur spoke on Thursday about rookie Tucker Kraft needing to step up in Musgrave’s absence, with his tone hinting at Musgrave being sidelined for Week 8. We’ll see if that comes to fruition when the team releases it’s final injury report before the weekend, but we at least know Musgrave was out there today.

Luke Musgrave (ankle) returned to practice on Friday.
After missing two-straight practices, Musgrave returning on Friday gives him a glimmer of hope at playing on Sunday against the Vikings. Head coach Mike LaFleur spoke on Thursday about rookie Tucker Kraft needing to step up in Musgrave’s absence, with his tone hinting at Musgrave being sidelined for Week 8. We’ll see if that comes to fruition when the team releases it’s final injury report before the weekend, but we at least know Musgrave was out there today.

This is a Friday report but must have been before the HC or anyone spoke to the media yet.

LaFleur also commented on Musgrave today.

"He's one tough sucker now," LaFleur said. "I don't think too many guys would've been able to come back that quickly from what happened to him."

Musgrave averages 5.4 targets 4.2 reception over 5 games if you throw out the Detroit game (concussed early with 1 target 1 reception 1 yard.)

Vikings are middle of the pack (15th) in FF pts allowed to TEs. In the 5 games referenced above he has averaged 45.8 snaps and 27.2 routes run per game. He lines up in the Slot or Wide 50.6% of the time on the season. He's not a smash start until he starts seeing 7-8 targets consistently but he's almost always part of the game plan. Hasn't exceeded 50 yards yet but it's coming. No one in the receiving corps is stepping up to be the alpha and Watson is always dinged up (TBF, full participant all week for the first time this season for Chrisitan.)

IMO this is one to monitor for the second half. Already has his bye out of the way and plus matchups for TEs in WKs 9, 11 & 12 using FF PTS Allowed to TEs as a metric.

Musgrave is tracking similar to Hock's 1st season (minus Hocks monster 1st game). Watching him play, I think he'll be a consistent top 5 TE by season 3. In dynasty, I'm targeting him as a buy when he inevitably hits the rookie wall by week 12-14.

Luke Musgrave (ankle) has been removed from the Packers' final injury report. He will play on Sunday versus the Rams. (Jason B. Hirschhorn)

Seems relevant with LaPorta, Kittle and Engram on bye weeks this week.

Rams have given up the 4th most fantasy football points per game to TEs in PPR

Sports Illustrated’s Bill Huber reports that Luke Musgrave suffered an abdomen injury in the Packers’ Week 11 game against the Chargers.

Despite playing through injury, Musgrave has been in the hospital according to Packers’ coach Mike LaFleur. He described it by saying “He didn’t say anything all game.“ LaFleur commended his toughness, but this doesn’t look good for the rookie tight end who’s recorded at least 50 receiving yards in two of his last three games. We’ll check back on this one as the week progresses.

lacerated kidney? Haven’t seen it confirmed from other beat writers

Tweet has outlook from others but to have suffered this.

Didn't that happen to Keenan Allen a few years ago? I don't recall how long he was out.

Stinks for Musgrave. He looked like he was finding a rhythm with Love.
Thats in the tweet. Allen missed the last 8 games. CJ Gardner-Johnson missed 5.

that sucks

might get shut down for the season

notch below Kincaid and LaPorta this year's production but love him for dynasty managers
He’s had some injuries and a few miscues but if Love had not missed him so often on errant passes, like the 80+ yard TD he overthrew him on last week, the entire narrative on him would be different.

that sucks

notch below Kincaid and LaPorta this year's production but love him for dynasty managers
He’s had some injuries and a few miscues but if Love had not missed him so often on errant passes, like the 80+ yard TD he overthrew him on last week, the entire narrative on him would be different.

there was an easy bunny TD very early in the year - balloon ball he had to wait on - should have been like a 50 yard TD but the D caught up to him bc he had to wait so long. I think. my memory is not so great lately lol.

that sucks

there was an easy bunny TD very early in the year - balloon ball he had to wait on - should have been like a 50 yard TD but the D caught up to him bc he had to wait so long. I think. my memory is not so great lately lol.
They had 2-3 plays the first few weeks were Musgrave was running wide open and he missed him totally. Another one, I think the game he got concussed, where Love had his pass batted at the line-would have been huge gain. But most of it was Love just missing him.

A few of those go differently, heck maybe just the one last week, I just think people would view him in a different light.

Reminds me a lot of Greg Olsen, going to be an elite seam buster.

Looks like the Packers drafted two good TEs
Can either block well?

LaFleur did once (poorly) run the Titans 2TE offense.
I already don't know what to project for their WRs next year and this won't help that
Blockie Smockie, those two TEs will produce. We've seen what Kraft can do with Musgrave out. I can see people losing patience with Kraft next year if Musgrave is the starter, which he will be, so be ready to pounce.

Users who are viewing this thread