What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should Rush Limbaugh be censored or taken off the air? (2 Viewers)

Not sure what goalpost I’ve moved, you and I have never discussed this before.
I was under the impression you knew how many deaths there were.  You don't.  You just want to play games.

Good for you, but I'm going to release your bait now. 

I'll take your deflections and games as an indication that you don't have anything substantive.  I'll take the "W" on this one.  Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what goalpost I’ve moved, you and I have never discussed this before.
I was under the impression you knew how many deaths there were.  You don't.  You just want to play games.

Good for you, but I'm going to release your bait now. 

I'll take your deflections and games as an indication that you don't have anything substantive.  I'll take the "W" on this one.  Thanks!
Delusional!!!

I agree that's a harmful thing to say.  I'm just not sure that taking him off the air would really fix the harm you're trying to avoid.  And it introduces a bunch of new harms.

Limbaugh doesn't want to look ridiculous.  As the numbers of cases and deaths mount, he'll backtrack.  It's inevitable.
I mentioned in the main thread in the FFA that my parents listen and he definitely has them convinced that at a minimum the media is overreacting to get Trump out of office.  I just told them the idea this is a hoax is idiotic and if they want proof just look at Italy.  Unfortunately we appear headed in that direction ourselves.

Also, I haven’t read the whole thread but it’s probably better to let him be wrong and either realize it or he’s shown to be an idiot - people will be more persuaded that way.

I put it there because the answer is obvious and I believe the simple way you stated the numbers were misleading.  I expected you to agree with my statement, hence the right.
You do know it was not me who stated the numbers right?   I was just quoting you.

It is not only republicans.  Nobody I know or work with even knows who Limbaugh is and they think the same thing.  Most think the media is blowing this up.
Exactly - are you going to try and censor everybody who thinks this is overblown?  If so, there’s a few posters in the FFA you may want to start with.

Also, I haven’t read the whole thread but it’s probably better to let him be wrong and either realize it or he’s shown to be an idiot - people will be more persuaded that way.
This seems to be the prevailing thought in this thread and I get it. The way the nation has been moving in the last 48 hours makes me think that perhaps his idiocy is less impactful than I previously feared (thankfully.) 

Nonetheless I continue to insist that the question itself is not absurd or ominous: in this sort of crisis or emergency, it’s the sort of thing we really need to consider. 

This seems to be the prevailing thought in this thread and I get it. The way the nation has been moving in the last 48 hours makes me think that perhaps his idiocy is less impactful than I previously feared (thankfully.) 

Nonetheless I continue to insist that the question itself is not absurd or ominous: in this sort of crisis or emergency, it’s the sort of thing we really need to consider. 
Of course the idea is absurd 

I put it there because the answer is obvious and I believe the simple way you stated the numbers were misleading.  I expected you to agree with my statement, hence the right.
You do know it was not me who stated the numbers right?   I was just quoting you.
Actually you responded to someone else and I responded to that response.
And here I am responding to your response to a response to a response.

Rush Limbaugh is in a high risk category.  Lung cancer, receiving treatment, with Covid-19 going around.

Rush (and to a slightly lesser extent, Sean Hannity) continue to push that the coronavirus is all a big conspiracy theory: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2020/03/coronavirus-rush-limbaugh-sean-hannity-donald-trump-1202880300/amp/

I understand the dangers of interfering with free speech, but it seems to be that what Limbaugh is doing at this point is the equivalent of shouting “Fire!” In a crowded theatre, and that it would be perfectly appropriate for the FCC to take him and anyone else who does this off the air. Thoughts? 
You said Hillary was a good candidate and FBG still lets you post here.

Limbaugh today: "There's a lot of people calling for the end of violence...I am glad Sam Adams, Thomas Paine, the actual Tea Party guys, the men at Lexington and Concord didn't feel that way."

link

Never been a Rush fan.  I remember when he first got on my radar.  It was fall of 1992, my first quarter off at college, middle of the Clinton/Bush campaigning.  He was on late night television on one of the local stations and I used to listen occasionally.  I can remember then I thought he was out there.  I was a college student and voting for Clinton, but was definitely in the minority even on my college campus.  George Bush actually visited our campus for a campaign rally.  Things have changed from that in so many ways.

Sea Duck said:
Limbaugh today: "There's a lot of people calling for the end of violence...I am glad Sam Adams, Thomas Paine, the actual Tea Party guys, the men at Lexington and Concord didn't feel that way."

link
That will help things. 

Never been a Rush fan.  I remember when he first got on my radar.  It was fall of 1992, my first quarter off at college, middle of the Clinton/Bush campaigning.  He was on late night television on one of the local stations and I used to listen occasionally.  I can remember then I thought he was out there.  I was a college student and voting for Clinton, but was definitely in the minority even on my college campus.  George Bush actually visited our campus for a campaign rally.  Things have changed from that in so many ways.
He's been a big part of how we've gotten to where we are today. Proved there was a lucrative market in selling irrational political outrage.

I mentioned in the main thread in the FFA that my parents listen and he definitely has them convinced that at a minimum the media is overreacting to get Trump out of office.  I just told them the idea this is a hoax is idiotic and if they want proof just look at Italy.  Unfortunately we appear headed in that direction ourselves.
The idea that it's a hoax is nonsense.....the idea that we've overreacted is not, however.  At a minimum we are sacrificing mental health, and we continue to make decisions that lack common sense.

The idea that it's a hoax is nonsense.....the idea that we've overreacted is not, however.  At a minimum we are sacrificing mental health, and we continue to make decisions that lack common sense.
Is there anybody who wouldn’t trade a few 2 week full lockdowns for what we got?  I have no clue where you live but the idea that we in Georgia have overreacted is ridiculous.  Other than early SAH we’ve basically been business as usual.  And to be fair - we are middle of the pack with our results so something is working out ok for us.  Part of your post may be accurate for parts of the country but not everywhere.

Seriously - if we did 3-4 total lockdowns for 2 weeks and had people followed it we would have so more people still employed, earning a living, living life and most important - actually being alive.

Is there anybody who wouldn’t trade a few 2 week full lockdowns for what we got?  I have no clue where you live but the idea that we in Georgia have overreacted is ridiculous.  Other than early SAH we’ve basically been business as usual.  And to be fair - we are middle of the pack with our results so something is working out ok for us.  Part of your post may be accurate for parts of the country but not everywhere.

Seriously - if we did 3-4 total lockdowns for 2 weeks and had people followed it we would have so more people still employed, earning a living, living life and most important - actually being alive.
The last sentence, i don't know.  Only if you seal off outsiders from going to Georgia would that work. 

Users who are viewing this thread