What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should Rush Limbaugh be censored or taken off the air? (1 Viewer)

Perfect example of brainwashing....while I don't consider myself a Democrat, I know except for a handful the vast majority do not want open borders. A lie travels around the globe while the truth is putting on its shoes.
You may say that, but actions speak louder than words.  When the Democrats support and present every piece of legislation or idea that proposes just that (or similar to) then you saying that is just empty words.

I listened to Rush for a few minutes today.  He was on a rant about how no one remembers the swine flu of 2009, which hospitalized 50-60 thousand people.  Nothing was shut down, no changes to our lives, people still ate BBQ.  The only difference between that flu and ours is Obama was in charge, and no one wanted to make him look bad.

of course, no mention that the swine flu killed 12k Americans, despite being ~33x less deadly and at least 2x less contageous.

I listened to Rush for a few minutes today.  He was on a rant about how no one remembers the swine flu of 2009, which hospitalized 50-60 thousand people.  Nothing was shut down, no changes to our lives, people still ate BBQ.  The only difference between that flu and ours is Obama was in charge, and no one wanted to make him look bad.

of course, no mention that the swine flu killed 12k Americans, despite being ~33x less deadly and at least 2x less contageous.
At this point, how many Americans has Covid19 killed?

Last edited by a moderator:
You may say that, but actions speak louder than words.  When the Democrats support and present every piece of legislation or idea that proposes just that (or similar to) then you saying that is just empty words.
I think a big part of it is the belief if you oppose the border wall it means you want open borders. It is more about desiring to control our borders with technology that is more effective.

I think a big part of it is the belief if you oppose the border wall it means you want open borders. It is more about desiring to control our borders with technology that is more effective.
Really.....what other technology is more consistently effective in the long run and more more efficient cost wise than a wall......your D leaders haven't come up with any meaningful alternatives for a reason

Really.....what other technology is more consistently effective in the long run and more more efficient cost wise than a wall......your D leaders haven't come up with any meaningful alternatives for a reason
For starters satellite imagery and drones. We all have seen stories of holes cut in the walls and tunnels underneath.

For starters satellite imagery and drones. We all have seen stories of holes cut in the walls and tunnels underneath.
Walls may not be perfect......but they are better than surveillance and drones....how many drones are required to be a an effective deterrent......quite a few I'd imagine, though I'd be fine with a wall and drones.......regardless, the dem party aren't even trying to come up with alternatives precisely because they do want open borders which is what bladerunner was pointing out

the moops said:
Is your argument that we wait until some significant number of Americans die before we start doing something?
Nope.  We are doing something.  All I'm saying is that the hysteria and panic is off the charts. 

We had a poster in this very thread say that we were going to be losing a thousand people a day to this.  That hasn't even happened in China.  

lazyike said:
The way the Democrats want to control the border is analogous to not having any control at all. They basically want to let every Tom **** and Harry into the country without any processes.  The way they excoriate are border patrol is truly horrendous.

People should be coming into this country through ports of entry and not being able to jump the line for people who are legally trying to get in.

You come in illegally, then you get deported right away.  No questions asked.

The way the Democrats want to control the border is analogous to not having any control at all. They basically want to let every Tom **** and Harry into the country without any processes.  The way they excoriate are border patrol is truly horrendous.

People should be coming into this country through ports of entry and not being able to jump the line for people who are legally trying to get in.

You come in illegally, then you get deported right away.  No questions asked.
I remember when President Trump first discussed the wall and migrants seeking amnesty he said President Obama would just release them here and have them return to court to determine if the could receive amnesty. He said so many never returned. Then when we began separating children and putting them in cages Trump said Obama started this policy and was far worse......Trump and his supporters want to tell 2 completely different stories and have it both ways....there were also reports on the actual number that were deported under Obama which were pretty large. 

I remember when President Trump first discussed the wall and migrants seeking amnesty he said President Obama would just release them here and have them return to court to determine if the could receive amnesty. He said so many never returned. Then when we began separating children and putting them in cages Trump said Obama started this policy and was far worse......Trump and his supporters want to tell 2 completely different stories and have it both ways....there were also reports on the actual number that were deported under Obama which were pretty large. 
putting people in cages did start under the Obama administration. It was his administration that built those cages in the first place.

and I believe you are correct, that the Obama administration did deport a lot of people.

As far as the whole border families and kids in cages go.....that was started under Obama.....it wasn't reported because the liberals own the mass media

As far as the whole border families and kids in cages go.....that was started under Obama.....it wasn't reported because the liberals own the mass media
I heard that cockamamie story before...too old to get the wool pulled over my eyes.

I heard that cockamamie story before...too old to get the wool pulled over my eyes.
Let me ask you......when do the NBC, ABC, cbs, CNN, msnbc, etc.  ever give you the impression they are anything but liberal? ..... Their bias has been around much longer than trump.....im not a died in the wool supporter of Trump.....but the one thing he's exposed is the dishonesty of the media.....IMO, it's the biggest factor in how he got elected.

Let me ask you......when do the NBC, ABC, cbs, CNN, msnbc, etc.  ever give you the impression they are anything but liberal? ..... Their bias has been around much longer than trump.....im not a died in the wool supporter of Trump.....but the one thing he's exposed is the dishonesty of the media.....IMO, it's the biggest factor in how he got elected.
The biggest reason I didn’t vote for Trump was because he is a pathological liar...only took about a week back in 2015 to figure that out. The media doesn’t like Trump and that is what I like about them

The biggest reason I didn’t vote for Trump was because he is a pathological liar...only took about a week back in 2015 to figure that out. The media doesn’t like Trump and that is what I like about them
You seem to be avoiding my question of why do you think the mass media is anything but liberal.

He can spew his crap on the airwaves.

His sponsors should be boycotted.

He shouldn’t be getting some award from the President.

He’s a functioning Alex Jones.

He can spew his crap on the airwaves.

His sponsors should be boycotted.

He shouldn’t be getting some award from the President.

He’s a functioning Alex Jones.
Perfect. 

Problem is, he gets ratings. I know liberals that will listen simply for the sideshow. That’s draw, money talks. And of course he has the right to say whatever he wants in whatever thread he wants. 

You seem to be avoiding my question of why do you think the mass media is anything but liberal.
The media does have liberal bias, but it has been joined by some of my favorite conservatives like Bill Kristol, Charlie Sykes. The media also have a pro Trump bias.... Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Lars Larson, Bill O’Reilly is even back on the air daily. When it comes to talk radio opinion shows in rural America the only option I have is NPR if I don’t want to hear the Trump cheerleaders rant. Unless I purchase XM radio. Trump says he loves the uneducated and most all of the media is educated. The Trump crowd wants to label all the anti Trump folk as liberal which is not a how I look at it. The Lincoln project, The Bullwork are groups of the conservative movement against Trump. The majority of the media does have a liberal bias, but it’s also discusses and sees the shortcomings of Trump which I find very rational

hammerva said:
 Oh #### not this again.  Again with giving someone a pass for everything because they have cancer.
If you go to the rush cancer thread you will see I was incredibly sympathetic to him and what he is going through.  Eff cancer and all that.  

However after reading his comments on the virus I am utterly appalled this moron doesnt have a bit more self reflection and taken a step back from his shtick.  So I probably will not shed a tear when the inevitable happens to him.  

So here is the result of what Rush Limbaugh is doing: a sizable percentage of Republicans are unconcerned with coronavirus and believe the media is exaggerating the threat in order to hurt President Trump: 

https://hillreporter.com/poll-shows-most-republicans-arent-taking-the-threat-of-coronavirus-seriously-enough-61010

These people pose a threat to themselves, to the rest of us, and to our older loved ones especially. It could be argued that Rush Limbaugh’s rhetoric is doing much more harm than all of the large gatherings that have been cancelled.Given that, does everyone here still think it’s completely unreasonable to consider taking him off the air? 

Nope.  We are doing something.  All I'm saying is that the hysteria and panic is off the charts. 

We had a poster in this very thread say that we were going to be losing a thousand people a day to this.  That hasn't even happened in China.  
Why do you think China didn’t reach that level?

So here is the result of what Rush Limbaugh is doing: a sizable percentage of Republicans are unconcerned with coronavirus and believe the media is exaggerating the threat in order to hurt President Trump: 

https://hillreporter.com/poll-shows-most-republicans-arent-taking-the-threat-of-coronavirus-seriously-enough-61010

These people pose a threat to themselves, to the rest of us, and to our older loved ones especially. It could be argued that Rush Limbaugh’s rhetoric is doing much more harm than all of the large gatherings that have been cancelled.Given that, does everyone here still think it’s completely unreasonable to consider taking him off the air? 
It is not only republicans.  Nobody I know or work with even knows who Limbaugh is and they think the same thing.  Most think the media is blowing this up.

BladeRunner said:
moleculo said:

At this point, how many Americans has Covid19 killed?
2 months into H1N1 how many deaths were there?

The media isn't liberal, but the truth is anti-trump and the media is about the truth.

There is no reaching these people, it is a lost cause.  Don't care what they are being fed.   Let this idiot continue to spew whatever garbage he wants to.  Unfortunately we need extremes to help more reasonable people see the forest through the trees, gives a little perspective.

The media isn't liberal, but the truth is anti-trump and the media is about the truth.
Of course it is.  There are numerous studies and surveys as well as numerous examples showing EXACTLY that it is.

I think you want to say "the media isn't liberal because they agree with how I vote".  That is more accurate.  If they didn't agree with you, I'm 100% sure we would have seen a different answer from you.

It seems likely that we will have it worse than China.  Because they did stuff that you characterize as panic.
Negative.  That's you assuming something i never said and/or implied.

What is more accurate is that You guys will continue to say that because "TRUMP!", despite it being flat-out untrue.  Listen, I get it.  You couldn't get him in the election, you couldn't get him after the election, you couldn't get him with impeachment, you couldn't get him with Russia.

At this point, you're throwing anything you can against the wall hoping it will stick regardless of how outlandish and ridiculous it is.  Pro-Tip: It isn't working.  How about stop with the panic and hysteria and get behind your president?  It's been 3.5 years it's about time you guys got over the election loss. Even children don't throw tantrums this long.

Yes.

Then stop deflecting! 

You literally responded to my post - which was asking a question - with a question.  :rolleyes:
That's because I had a question for you.  You didn't have a question for me.  

My question to you is...

Listened to a bit of his show the last two days. He has the right to say what he wants, even if it's all lies (and it mostly is). He should not be censored or removed from the air. That is unamerican.  

It's even more unamerican to do this crap and not pay for it. If I was an enterprising lawyer or law firm, I'd be preparing to slap him and his syndication network with a GIANT class action lawsuit for willingly misleading the public during a national crisis. He is going to get people killed. He is a giant turd and I no longer feel any empathy whatsoever for his plight.  He is a scourge on society. And if you are regurgitating his tripe, you are a huge part of the problem. He called this whole thing a deep state hype job and claims the dems and media accomplishes their mission by getting Trump to cancel his rallies.

Sick, irresponsible,  criminal. F him.

My question to you is...

Seems like a loaded question.  I don't know if they give stats on "2 months in", but over the course of 1 year there were 12469 AMERICAN deaths with H1N1.  That's 1039 a month.

So far with Corona we've had 41 deaths.  That equates to 20.5 deaths a month.  That's still terrible, even if it were one death, and I would not want anyone to get it.  It's not to be take lightly but we shouldn't be panicking as well.

My question to you is...

Seems like a loaded question.  I don't know if they give stats on "2 months in", but over the course of 1 year there were 12469 AMERICAN deaths with H1N1.  That's 1039 a month.

So far with Corona we've had 41 deaths.  That equates to 20.5 deaths a month.  That's still terrible, even if it were one death, and I would not want anyone to get it.  It's not to be take lightly but we shouldn't be panicking as well.
You do realize this is not a linear increase, right?

Not to single you out but why do many times a day on this forum people say.  'You do realize this...right??"  

"The reason is because this is not a linear increase"    Don`t know why so many put the "right?"  on the end.

Not to single you out but why do many times a day on this forum people say.  'You do realize this...right??"  

"The reason is because this is not a linear increase"    Don`t know why so many put the "right?"  on the end.
I put it there because the answer is obvious and I believe the simple way you stated the numbers were misleading.  I expected you to agree with my statement, hence the right.

Perfect example of brainwashing....while I don't consider myself a Democrat, I know except for a handful the vast majority do not want open borders. A lie travels around the globe while the truth is putting on its shoes.
I appreciate the kind words. Viewing your work though I would certainly consider you a Democrat.

Users who are viewing this thread