What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sleepers, Breakouts, and Busts (1 Viewer)

He's not far off, but at the same time it's due to the same problems that have always been there so there's little reason to expect a sudden change.  I don't know what's going on neck-up with him, but until he self assesses and successfully addresses it this is what's going to happen.  He gets Baltimore next, so I'm not benching him but if it doesn't go well it may be multiple turns before he's playable again.  If he becomes playable again.

With all the Rockies' injuries, Raimel Tapia should get a couple of weeks to put himself in the picture.  He's been a prospect forever.  Somebody named Yonathan Daza could steal some PAs vs LHP though.

With all the Rockies' injuries, Raimel Tapia should get a couple of weeks to put himself in the picture.  He's been a prospect forever.  Somebody named Yonathan Daza could steal some PAs vs LHP though.
Amidst my pile of dredge at OF in Pie I chose the wrong one to dump last week.

Mirage or the beginning?  It's why he's available in most leegs, but Tapia has gone yard in three straight and Desmond still sucks out loud.  Add now, ask questions later.

Domingo German is throwing strikes and looking good.  He is probably why the Yanks gave up on the Gio experience so soon.....definitely worth a pickup if available. 

Mirage or the beginning?  It's why he's available in most leegs, but Tapia has gone yard in three straight and Desmond still sucks out loud.  Add now, ask questions later.
My Burque boys say Tapia's a classic AAAA, Colorado's Teoscar Hernandez. With most of the Rockies' stars & top prospects being IFs, Hampson will be given the biggest try @ CF when Murph is back.

My Burque boys say Tapia's a classic AAAA, Colorado's Teoscar Hernandez. With most of the Rockies' stars & top prospects being IFs, Hampson will be given the biggest try @ CF when Murph is back.
Huh, interesting.  I thought there was an outside possibility he may get optioned tomorrow.

His stats are strange right now. He’s always been a solid contact hitter with minimal pop but he’s slugging .566 with a 32.1% K rate. Need a bigger sample to figure out if something’s changed with him, but he’s a Rockie so I agree with add now, ask later.

Domingo German is throwing strikes and looking good.  He is probably why the Yanks gave up on the Gio experience so soon.....definitely worth a pickup if available. 
I wish had picked him up last week when he was on the waiver wire (to be honest I thought he was already owned).  He has the stuff to become an ace or # 2.

Carlos Quintana had been putting up good numbers against weak competition, so there was skepticism. Last night he took it right to the Dodgers, so he could be in for a big year. 

I wish had picked him up last week when he was on the waiver wire (to be honest I thought he was already owned).  He has the stuff to become an ace or # 2.
I picked him up right when the season started to stash him.  I have been pleasantly surprised and for me he holds RP and SP eligibility.  I hope he keeps it going.  The only negative so far is that the Yankees have been very protective of him.  I have lost out on a couple QS because they pulled him after 5 innings. 

Some guys that aren’t in many sleeper articles(like Glasnow for example) and are relatively off the radar...I only play points leagues so disregard if your league overvalues steals .   :)

Josh James - electric stuff, like syndegaard electric.  I reach on him in every league. 

Paul Dejong - SS with power in an improved lineup, possibly batting 3rd for the Cardinals.  

Eloy Jimenez - Again, better in points leagues, but a rookie that will get called up in April that has a good shot at top 20 OF production. ADP has been creeping up. 

Jose Peraza - a young SS that has good pop and hit for excellent average last year, has been hot in spring training

Roberto Osuna - RP that moves to Houston and looks to be their primary closer.  Has above average stuff and Houston seems to make every pitcher better.   

Ryan OHearn - 1b for the Royals that raked last year in a small sample.  He’s got the job to hisself this year.  More of a deeep sleeper as he was not highly regarded prior to last year’s callup. 

Josh bell - has always shown good pop, but entering prime years and has 35HR potential at a thin position. 

C. Paddack - one of the top young arms for the Padres and has been impressing in spring.  

:coffee:

10 of his 26 home runs in 2017 were classified as 'just enough' in the year in which the baseball was (allegedly) juiced.

I don't disagree about him possibly turning a profit given his current pricetag, but given that info I don't think he has the upside you do.
tappity tap

Users who are viewing this thread