What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sleepovers (1 Viewer)

Case in point yesterday when wife took kids to MIL house, we told our daughter that we are not doing a sleepover and to not even ask, and sure as ####, my wife is trying to leave and getting the "but why?" "How come she cant sleep over" "Tomorrow is no school" and on top of that my MIL and SIL are teamed up going, "Yes, theres no school, why not?". Now she's caught in the middle of her family and me. She does not want my kid sleeping there either, but gets so sick of dealing with the BS that she just gives in sometimes to get them off her ###. 
Absolutely do not give in here.  The answer is "no".  Keep saying it.  Explanations are not necessary.  You do not owe them.  If your wife is "just giving in eventually", leave before that point comes.  Keep doing it.

Let your daughter go elsewhere.  If other kids have figured this out, you too can hold the line.

Galileo said:
When I was in high school and spent the night at a buddies house, there was a high probability that I was doing things my parents wouldn't have been happy about.
Exactly. I stopped these pretty quickly with my son. It was all about going to houses where the other parents didn’t pay attention. Uh uh

Users who are viewing this thread