What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So how many millions is Kaepernick going to win in his case vs the NFL? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, for the gazillionth time, teams don’t want the circus that comes with Kap

It really shouldn’t be so difficult to understand. He’s not good enough to be worth it
:goodposting:

There are plenty of average at best football players that don’t create the most drama on the team. 

Now he’s moving the location of the workout, go figure. 

Well since you brought up his passer rating....

in 2013 he finished one spot ahead of Sam Bradford.

in 2014 he finished two spots below Mark Sanchez.

in 2015 he finished four spots below Blaine Gabbert.... with the same roster.

in 2016 he finished 5 spots below Ryan Tannehill. 

.... With that resume you shouldn't be opting out of $15mil/season. Most of those guys with roughly the same passer rating have struggled to hold onto a job in the league without any of the off-field distraction. We don't know what he was expecting or has been asking for BUT we do know what he gave up to become a FA and find out what his true market value was.
Some context might help rather than just throwing out names.

2013 was Kaepernick's first full year as a starter and threw for 3200 yards, 21 TDs and 8 INTs while adding 524 yds rushing and 4 more TDs.

2014 Sanchez played 8 games

2015 Kaep was injured

What's wrong with Tannehill? He looks more than fine on a team that isn't the Dolphins.

:goodposting:

There are plenty of average at best football players that don’t create the most drama on the team. 

Now he’s moving the location of the workout, go figure. 
It's being moved because the NFL wouldn't let the media in. Somehow that's his fault?

Some context might help rather than just throwing out names.

2013 was Kaepernick's first full year as a starter and threw for 3200 yards, 21 TDs and 8 INTs while adding 524 yds rushing and 4 more TDs.

2014 Sanchez played 8 games

2015 Kaep was injured

What's wrong with Tannehill? He looks more than fine on a team that isn't the Dolphins.
This is true, in his last season he played want he only good enough to be Blaine Gabbert’s back up? 

This is true, in his last season he played want he only good enough to be Blaine Gabbert’s back up? 
In his 11 starts in '16 he had thrown for 2200 yds, 16 TDs and 4 INT with another 460 yds rushing and 2 TDs. On a terrible team with Jeremy Kerley and Quinton Patton as his best WRs. Then he was benched.

In his 11 starts in '16 he had thrown for 2200 yds, 16 TDs and 4 INT with another 460 yds rushing and 2 TDs. On a terrible team with Jeremy Kerley and Quinton Patton as his best WRs. Then he was benched.
What was their Win Loss record?

And opted out of $15M

edit: was owed $16.9M

sound business 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds super committed to playing football and helping a team out. Besides publicity why would anyone touch this guy with 100’ pole? Constant drama.....teams want to win football games. 
I take it more of "I have every reason not to trust the NFL and I'd like to have the media there" than anything else.

He seems to be right since the NFL won't let the media in.

No I meant what I asked, do you not agree quarterback play significantly impacts the success of a team? 
Of course it does. A QB can play very well for a bad team, also.

That line of thinking is exactly how people blame Rivers for the Chargers terrible season so far while ignoring his RB holding out then coming back pretty poorly, multiple games without Mike Williams or Hunter Henry and four of his five starting lineman missing most of the year giving him about a second and a half before getting killed every play while his coaching staff continues to call mostly deep routes.

The 2 win season wasn't on Kaep, it was on Kelly.

That line of thinking is exactly how people blame Rivers for the Chargers terrible season so far while ignoring his RB holding out then coming back pretty poorly, multiple games without Mike Williams or Hunter Henry and four of his five starting lineman missing most of the year giving him about a second and a half before getting killed every play while his coaching staff continues to call mostly deep routes.

Sounds like you will do anything you can to deflect blame for his poor results last time he had a job. Probably good news for you, can’t imagine they would set up this circus that no other player gets unless there is a team ready to bite. 

In your opinion, do you think there’s a better chance of Kap being better, worse or the same now since not suiting up for 3 yrs?

Sounds like you will do anything you can to deflect blame for his poor results last time he had a job. Probably good news for you, can’t imagine they would set up this circus that no other player gets unless there is a team ready to bite. 
I don't care if he plays again or doesn't. I was here arguing against people making things up. He wasn't a bad QB no matter what you or anyone else would like to believe for whatever reason you want to believe it.

If he came back he'd most likely be no better than he was. Which, and this is the important part, is better than over half of the QBs signed to teams right now.
64 guys have the starting or backup role. No way he's not better than at least a few of them.

64 guys have the starting or backup role. No way he's not better than at least a few of them.
Nobody disputes that, as far as I know.  The relevant question is not "Is CK better than my current backup QB?" but "Is CK so much better than my current backup QB that he's worth taking the PR hit over it?"  That takes a bunch of teams out of the market.

Nobody disputes that, as far as I know.  The relevant question is not "Is CK better than my current backup QB?" but "Is CK so much better than my current backup QB that he's worth taking the PR hit over it?"  That takes a bunch of teams out of the market.
Yes, a bunch. But not all.  Just like any FA or draft pick it just takes one team to like you.

Wow! That’s 200 yards a game!

Or about what Mahomes does by halftime.

Theres no way if I were a GM I would sign Colin K.

Wow! That’s 200 yards a game!

Or about what Mahomes does by halftime.

Theres no way if I were a GM I would sign Colin K.
Mahomes isn't throwing the ball to Kerley and Patton, is he?

It's pretty much the same pace Lamar Jackson is at this year.

It's also pretty telling that you went straight to Mahomes in order to try and prove a nonexistant fact.

The question isn’t if he’s better than my backup QB. He’s better than more than a few backups, assuming he’s still at the level he was when he last played. 

The question should be “Does signing this guy help me win a Super Bowl?” 

Because that’s the only way bringing him in along with all that comes with it makes sense for a team. Pretty sure the answer was, and still is, no. Hence why he hasn’t been on an NFL team in three years. 

Mahomes isn't throwing the ball to Kerley and Patton, is he?

It's pretty much the same pace Lamar Jackson is at this year.

It's also pretty telling that you went straight to Mahomes in order to try and prove a nonexistant fact.
Nope. You’re wrong. 

Kap was a backup level talent in 2016, is 3 years removed, and not worth the PR hit to be a backup.

Lamar 2019 76.2 QBR (ranked 12th)

9 starts, 2036 passing yards, 15 passing TDs, 702 rush yards, 6 rush TDs. 

Kap 2016 QBR 55.2 (ranked 29th) & whatever stats you said.

Nope. You’re wrong. 

Kap was a backup level talent in 2016, is 3 years removed, and not worth the PR hit to be a backup.

Lamar 2019 76.2 QBR (ranked 12th)

9 starts, 2036 passing yards, 15 passing TDs, 702 rush yards, 6 rush TDs. 

Kap 2016 QBR 55.2 (ranked 29th) & whatever stats you said.
His QB rating that year (90.7) was 29th overall but if you exclude QB’s that played less than 10 games, he was 17th.

So middle of the pack for starting QB’s the last time he played

His QB rating that year (90.7) was 29th overall but if you exclude QB’s that played less than 10 games, he was 17th.

So middle of the pack for starting QB’s the last time he played
A little bit of pissing in the fan here but Kaps 2016 QBR rating of 29th doesn’t have a QB ranked higher than him that started less than 11 games.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/passing.htm

If I use similar logic as you for Lamar Jackson 2019 YTD and exclude Brandon Allen (1 game), Matt Schaub (3 games) and Tannenhill (6 games), Lamar is actually 9th in QBR. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?season=2019&week=100&category=PASSING&opp=0&sort=10&qualified=1&sortOrder=0&page=1

Bottom line Lamar Jackson >>> Kap.

Jackson 9th in QBR vs. Kap 29th in QBR.

Not a legit comparison at all. 

A little bit of pissing in the fan here but Kaps 2016 QBR rating of 29th doesn’t have a QB ranked higher than him that started less than 11 games.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/passing.htm

If I use similar logic as you for Lamar Jackson 2019 YTD and exclude Brandon Allen (1 game), Matt Schaub (3 games) and Tannenhill (6 games), Lamar is actually 9th in QBR. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?season=2019&week=100&category=PASSING&opp=0&sort=10&qualified=1&sortOrder=0&page=1

Bottom line Lamar Jackson >>> Kap.  Not a fair comparison. 
Correct his QBR was 22nd and his QB rate was 17th 

Whole thing is a total sham by the nfl. People predictably falling in line with it, naturally. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/just-like-nf-ls-deal-with-jay-z-the-colin-kaepernick-workout-looks-like-a-pr-trap-063844304.html
Typical. Plus the dude is a fraud himself. I've heard so many different people in the know say what a horrible teammate he was in SF. Entitlement, crying to the Yorks when Harbaugh tried to constructive criticism, sleeping with a teammates GF, late to practice/meetings, refusing to study the playbook, etc. It sounded like Vick 2.0 with the exception he wasn't running a dogfighting ring with his act. A few people told me teammates of his respected his decision but a lot of them and staff wished CK had gone to them first and explained what he was doing. His whole Social justice thing was a scam and the players coalition exposed it. Took his ball and went home and then slandered Malcolm Jenkins. Then his little buddy Eric Reid is signed and keeps talking #### about everyone and takes a cheap shot at Wentz. I'm all for what the players were fighting for but this clown is an easily manipulated fraud. No different then the people who cry racism when there is no racism. 

I think someone said it best in here the other day. You can just wait until Mariota is available and sign the EXACT SAME PLAYER FOR LESS MONEY AND LESS DRAMA. Knew this thing was a sham from the start. I figured maybe the gold digging GF took all his money and this was a desperation Im sorry please sign me but then I forgot about that Clown Jay Z partnership with the NFL 

Good lord what a ########. Can you imagine wearing a shirt like that for an interview?  

no way would I want this guy in my locker room. 
People who do #### like this like he did make me chuckle when they ##### and moan and try to yell racism. Like really what did you expect the reaction to be. They can't have their cake and eat it too. 

He’s not good but there are a lot of guys who aren’t good getting PT.  I think it’s a pay issue
He's also not a great teammate from what I heard and this has nothing to do with his protest. There were a lot of other issues involving him 

bingo. 

He wants elite money and a starting job. Only problem is he’s just not that good :lol:  

Deep down he knows that and these ridiculous asks are a way of ensuring he doesn’t actually HAVE to play anymore.
It's to help his GF and his agenda of the NFL doesn't want him playing because of his protesting. The sad part is stupid people are falling for this #### routinely 

Good lord what a ########. Can you imagine wearing a shirt like that for an interview?  

no way would I want this guy in my locker room. 
So he should have worn a suit and tie?

Don't get me wrong, this says "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME" which is the last thing I want in my locker room, but if he wore an "I'm with stupid" tshirt to throw a ball around in we wouldn't be having this conversation.

From what I've read about this work out - nfl calling up Kap and telling him it's Saturday or never when most workouts are on Tuesdays, not giving him a week to get himself or nfl teams ready - it seems like the league is giving him the shaft with the whole thing in order to say "look we tried but nobody wanted him."

It stinks and just makes me hate Goodell more.
Guess you completely missed the news how Jay Z and the NFL made an agreement to get him the workout and Jay Z and how this is all a sham since Jay Z's talent org is now the main entertainer provider for the Super Bowl HT Show for now on.... But hey that doesn't fit the agenda 

And yet the teams interested in Kaep called the league office rather than his agents, which led to this...because they're cowards and want cover from any ignorant fans they have. 

You're indignant at the wrong people here. 
Or they are running a business and know what makes good business and what doesn't. They are in the business of making money not about Morales or anything. They'll play the game and stroke the fans who pay them the most. Not a few people with wool over their eyes believing this fraud 

Guess you completely missed the news how Jay Z and the NFL made an agreement to get him the workout and Jay Z and how this is all a sham since Jay Z's talent org is now the main entertainer provider for the Super Bowl HT Show for now on.... But hey that doesn't fit the agenda 
I'm sorry but I don't see how Jay z getting Kap  a workout means that he had to do it //right now this Saturday or never!//

Or maybe I just don't the connection between Jay z and kap at all cause all black people don't look alike to me?

It's being moved because the NFL wouldn't let the media in. Somehow that's his fault?
It was moved because the NFL wasn't allowing an independent film crew do the practice. He was also asking for a ton of other stuff. The NFL gave him an opportunity thanks to his buddy Jay Z. Just appreciate you get the opportunity you asked for to begin with. He's just being paranoid 

Colin Kaepernick: We’re waiting for 32 owners and Roger Goodell to stop running

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 16, 2019, 6:49 PM EST

Colin Kaepernick said after his open workout today that he’s eager to play football, just as soon as the NFL will let him.

“I’ve been ready for three years, I’ve been denied for three years. We all know why,” Kaepernick said.

Kaepernick threw down the gauntlet toward the NFL and team owners, accusing them of being afraid to face the truth about why he’s been out of the league for three years.

“We’re waiting for the 32 owners, the 32 teams, Roger Goodell, all of them to stop running. Stop running from the truth, stop running from the people. We’re out here, we’re ready to play, we’re ready to go anywhere,” Kaepernick said.

Kaepernick thanked his fans for supporting him and said he’ll be playing in front of them just as soon as a team gives him the opportunity.

“I’ve been ready, I’m staying ready, and I’ll continue to be ready,” Kaepernick said. “We’ll be waiting to hear from Roger Goodell, the NFL, the 32 teams.”

Kaepernick has been out of the NFL since the end of the 2016 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread