What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So how many millions is Kaepernick going to win in his case vs the NFL? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was moved because the NFL wasn't allowing an independent film crew do the practice. He was also asking for a ton of other stuff. The NFL gave him an opportunity thanks to his buddy Jay Z. Just appreciate you get the opportunity you asked for to begin with. He's just being paranoid 
So after some light googling I can't find a single thing showing Jay z and Kap have even been in the same room together.  You're just a racist.

As a woman who Jay was once married to sang "bye Becky"

Or they are running a business and know what makes good business and what doesn't. They are in the business of making money not about Morales or anything. They'll play the game and stroke the fans who pay them the most. Not a few people with wool over their eyes believing this fraud 
You don't have to hipple the entire thread, you've made it clear where you stand on the topic without responding to every post with a variation of the same point.

Who is Morales? Not a player I'm familiar with 

I'm sorry but I don't see how Jay z getting Kap  a workout means that he had to do it //right now this Saturday or never!//

Or maybe I just don't the connection between Jay z and kap at all cause all black people don't look alike to me?
Jay Z has been championing for Kap to be signed since this all started. Jay Z has come out and blantntantly said when the Carolina ownership stuff happened that if he bought the Panthers his first move would be signing Kap. Jay Z's Entertainment firm just signed a deal with the NFL recently to be the talent coordinators of the Super Bowl Half time shows. You really have to be really thick headed, dumb or just don't care when blatant info is in front of you. This was all a sham to begin. Both Jay Z and the NFL are making money off the deal, the workout makes the NFL look good for Kap supporters. All Kap asked for was a chance. He's been showing videos of him working out as well. Don't give me the BS he had no time to work out 

EDIT That was Diddy who said he'd sign him but Jay Z and his wife have been propionate Kap supporters since day 1 

Last edited by a moderator:
So after some light googling I can't find a single thing showing Jay z and Kap have even been in the same room together.  You're just a racist.

Wow, so I guess joe wont say anything about one poster calling another  racist. These boards have become a joke. But I get rebuked for saying something about a FORMER player r who doesn't even post on here. Got I was. 

Pretty big accusation without some proof. I'm just calling it like I see it and from what I've heard from my NFL contacts with close ties to the 49ers. Dude has people way fooled. Kap was one of the biggest reasons Harbaugh had a falling out with the Yorks because he couldn't take their babying of the player and the dudes entitlement. He also got tired of hearing the other players who he agreed with complain about the dudes Special treatment. Like I already stated it sounded like ATL Mike Vick issues without him flipping fans off or running a dog fighting hustle on the side. 

His GF is playing a huge role in this. She's known around the sports world with athletes as a locker room rat and gold digger. Girl cheating on Aldon Smith with Wall. From what I was told it was believed she was dating Kap when she was still with Smith as well. They got in the huge fight because Aldon found out Kap was banging his girl. Aldon wasn't released do to off field issues. My Source told me "That was just PR filter. The real reason is the York's and FO are super protective of Kap and its pissing a lot of people off including Harbaugh. They are losing the locker room not because of Harbaugh but because ownership coddles an entitled QB who needs to be babied. A lot of guys lost respect for their QB when they found out he was sleeping with one of their big name D Leaders girl."  The girl bad news. I've been on other forums and sites and have had people who were friends with Kap in HS start calling him out. It's a real unfortunate situation. He's easy manipulated by people. Seems to can't take constructive criticism well. She's using that to her advantage. 

Kaps GF Nessa cheated on Aldon Smith with John Wall

Wow, so I guess joe wont say anything about one poster calling another  racist. These boards have become a joke. But I get rebuked for saying something about a FORMER player r who doesn't even post on here. Got I was. 
I'm sure he will. He got someone in the AB thread who called me a racist there before without proof. I just chuckle because it's the biggest buzz word these Kap supporters like to use. If you don't agree with them you are a racist no matter what else you said. it's like the HRC supporters. if you don't agree with her you must be a Russian agent or bot. 

I'm sure he will. He got someone in the AB thread who called me a racist there before without proof. I just chuckle because it's the biggest buzz word these Kap supporters like to use. If you don't agree with them you are a racist no matter what else you said. it's like the HRC supporters. if you don't agree with her you must be a Russian agent or bot. 
Exactly, these Kaepernick defenders have nothing else to stand on, so they all eventually cry race. Gee, wonder what's wrong in this country. 

Maybe I'll get banned.   But I stick by what I said.  Every point the guy made boiled down to "well he needs his mouth shut about racial inequality."

Wanna say Kap is a bad player then sure.  I'm not a fan of the Mariota comparison (Mariota is fragile Kap isn't) but you do get 90% of the same guy at 20% of the cost and 100% less of a headache.  Wanna say he's been out of the league too long then that I can get behind.  Want to say he'll ask for too much then I'm also going to get behind that - at this point he's a backup and deserves backup money. Even if you want to argue the reality of public perception in relation to signing him I'm on board because it's a legitimate football concern.

This however isn't the place to critique his choice of clothing.  It's not the place to go on about how he must be in cahoots with the one black billionaire (is Jay z a billionaire?) in an league run by billionaires.  Of /course/ Jay z wants him to play, his Roc Nation demographic loves Kap.  There's no secret agenda there, just obvious financial incentive.

Edit - all the arguments I'm responding to are racially motivated.  Period.

Maybe I'll get banned.   But I stick by what I said.  Every point the guy made boiled down to "well he needs his mouth shut about racial inequality."

Wanna say Kap is a bad player then sure.  I'm not a fan of the Mariota comparison (Mariota is fragile Kap isn't) but you do get 90% of the same guy at 20% of the cost and 100% less of a headache.  Wanna say he's been out of the league too long then that I can get behind.  Want to say he'll ask for too much then I'm also going to get behind that - at this point he's a backup and deserves backup money. Even if you want to argue the reality of public perception in relation to signing him I'm on board because it's a legitimate football concern.

This however isn't the place to critique his choice of clothing.  It's not the place to go on about how he must be in cahoots with the one black billionaire (is Jay z a billionaire?) in an league run by billionaires.  Of /course/ Jay z wants him to play, his Roc Nation demographic loves Kap.  There's no secret agenda there, just obvious financial incentive.

Not a place to critique clothing, but its quite alright to call someone a racist who said NOTHING remotely racist. Got it, thanks for making my point. 

Yeah you need to step away from the keyboard mate. Enjoy your coming time off. 

if you want a job you don’t go to the interview wearing something inappropriate that will distract from your talent. Doesn’t matter if it’s NFL QB or a job at Walmart. 

Exactly, these Kaepernick defenders have nothing else to stand on, so they all eventually cry race. Gee, wonder what's wrong in this country. 
I'm by no means SJW. I get being considerate to others, I'm one who's defending people against cops breaking the law themselves but the whole race thing will never change when theres fault on both sides and you have people shams with if you don't agree with them saying it's racist 

Yeah you need to step away from the keyboard mate. Enjoy your coming time off. 

if you want a job you don’t go to the interview wearing something inappropriate that will distract from your talent. Doesn’t matter if it’s NFL QB or a job at Walmart. 
Like I said before, if he's wearing a "I'm with stupid" tshirt we aren't even discussing this.

Nope never said that I was simple saying based on his actions the dude is a fraud. When he went after Malcolm Jenkins it was nothing more then he was jealous the spotlight wasn't on him and Eric Reid anymore. I know Jenkins Assistant Position coach. Jenkins did everything to contact Kap and make him part of the coalition. Kap decided to take his ball and go home and ignore Jenkins calls, text and emails and even his agent ignored Jenkins as well. Jenkins even got Howie Roseman and Jeffrey Lurie involved to reach out to Kap including former teammates. He ignored them. Reid signed with the Panthers after awhile and Greg Jennings said it had nothing to do with him protesting or supporting Kap. Dude wanted too much money for a guy who lost his job at Safety had to play LB with lack of talent and was Below Avg at best then came out asking for top safety money. Reid continued to slander Jenkins calling him an Uncle Tom for taking the agreement with the NFL saying Jenkins didn't talk to the other players first before agreeing to it. He did. Kap and Reid lost a lot of respect from players in the NFL as Jenkins is a highly respected player and person in this league. There was a pre game altercation where Former Eagle Torrey Smith had to pull Eric Reid out of going after Jenkins and Reid got mad and threw Torrey under the bus for not being a good Panthers teammate. Said he was still and Eagle for Defending Jenkins. Then during the Game Eric Reid tried to cheap shot Wentz. After the game Reid continued to talk #### on Jenkins. Jenkins kept playing it cool saying nice things about both him and Kap. Reid continued to talk. 

It's pretty evident after Eric Reid's actions he exposed this as nothing more then a sham by a back up QB trying to keep his NFL Job and a safety who was once good who sucked at his job. It was probably all cooked up by the gold digging GF too. It's sad and pathetic how you Kap supporters continue to fall for the Sham and those in the media. Jay Z also don't care about the Social justice stuff. He just saw an opportunity to capitalize and a lot of the black community called him out and saying he sold out now. Then when people don't agree with you, well your last resort is to call people racist with zero proof. 

Maybe you keep seeing it because it keeps being reported?

https://apnews.com/699ba621f5fb414d8708513ea294e49e
Kaepernick demanding $20M to play in some completely new league doesn't mean he's demanding $20M to play in the NFL.

What do you suppose it would've taken for, say, Patrick Mahomes or DeShaun Watson to sign with the AAF?  $50M? $100M? More?

Instead they're playing in the NFL for $14-16M over 4 years.

Completely apples and oranges.

Can we stop rehashing the same exact ####? Read the thread, it's all been said even if you weren't the one who said it already. 

How did the workout go? 

Yes? That was before the workout and was information from a Schefter (I think) tweet about how the workout came together--that teams who were interested in Kaep had reached out to the league for advice rather than to his agents. That right there is essentially evidence of the earlier alleged collusion/blackballing, whether you think he can play or is worth a contract or not.

And here I am making the same arguments again as well. It's an easy trap to fall into. 

Still not a single post about how the actual workout went, on a fantasy football message board. That was my gripe, as the same arguments are rehashed again and again. 

Yes? That was before the workout and was information from a Schefter (I think) tweet about how the workout came together--that teams who were interested in Kaep had reached out to the league for advice rather than to his agents. That right there is essentially evidence of the earlier alleged collusion/blackballing, whether you think he can play or is worth a contract or not.

And here I am making the same arguments again as well. It's an easy trap to fall into. 

Still not a single post about how the actual workout went, on a fantasy football message board. That was my gripe, as the same arguments are rehashed again and again. 
If you’d like to read how today went check the thread in the PSF 

If you’d like to read how today went check the thread in the PSF 
So you're saying I should check the Shark Pool thread for the inane rehashing of Kaep's political views etc. and I should check the Political Sub Forum thread for the football-related chatter? 

Checks out. 

So he should have worn a suit and tie?

Don't get me wrong, this says "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME" which is the last thing I want in my locker room, but if he wore an "I'm with stupid" tshirt to throw a ball around in we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Dude wore a shirt with a slave's name on it.

It doesn't say "look at me" it says "I'm a fraud that lacks the talent to be in the league but I'm gonna insinuate I'm treated like a slave so hopefully someone will pay me MORE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS".

Kap is an embarrassment. Makes AB look sane.

The actions yesterday tell me that Kaepernick is about himself, not about the league, or a team, or about integrating into a system.  It is about standing out.  This when he is trying to make a good impression, or ought to be.  The impression he choose to make is that he will continue to be himself at any cost.  That's fine, admirable even, but then pay the cost which is not getting back into the league and not getting back onto the gravy boat.  The league and any one team has no obligation to accommodate him, to restructure for him.  If he wants in he has to fit in.  That is not unique to the NFL, that is life.

That window closing, it sounds like a ticking clock, counting down time.

We need to popularize the words "grifter" or "chiseler" again. Paraphrasing one of my favorite movies...

"He sees the angle...and he plays it. He's a grifter...probably had grifter parents and grifter grandparents and someday he'll...spawn little grifter kids."

Nobody disputes that, as far as I know.  The relevant question is not "Is CK better than my current backup QB?" but "Is CK so much better than my current backup QB that he's worth taking the PR hit over it?"  That takes a bunch of teams out of the market.
There are other factors, as well....does CK know the system...will CK fit the system if the starter goes down....CK is older and my backup is has upside....will I have to pay CK more than my cheap backup?

The actions yesterday tell me that Kaepernick is about himself, not about the league, or a team, or about integrating into a system.  It is about standing out.  This when he is trying to make a good impression, or ought to be.  The impression he choose to make is that he will continue to be himself at any cost.  That's fine, admirable even, but then pay the cost which is not getting back into the league and not getting back onto the gravy boat.  The league and any one team has no obligation to accommodate him, to restructure for him.  If he wants in he has to fit in.  That is not unique to the NFL, that is life.

That window closing, it sounds like a ticking clock, counting down time.
As usual, DW nails it

I feel like it is pretty simple, he could be a better backup then most but he doesn’t actually want to play football he just wants to create headlines. That’s why he changed the workout at the last minute and why he wore a controversial shirt during it

I keep seeing people repeat this over and over. In his 11 starts in '16 he had thrown for 2200 yds, 16 TDs and 4 INT with another 460 yds rushing and 2 TDs. On a terrible team with Jeremy Kerley and Quinton Patton as his best WRs.

The year before that, when he was injured, was the only year his passer rating was under 86 and it was over 90 every other year.

Passing-wise he has thrown 72TDs to 30INTs.

I'm pretty sure revisionist history is in play here.
He also fumbled 40 times and lost 28 of them. Hes sacked on almost 10% of his drop backs. His knock is he holds the ball too long and doesn't read the field well. 

And if you start talking about crappy teams you have to ask if there were other crappy teams in the NFL youre comparing him to. Newsflash, the teams that might look at Kaepernick right now are going to be bad teams. If that's what they can expect him to look like with subpar talent, whats the point? He plays like a replacement level backup, you can get a replacement level backup off the street without creating a circus in your locker room. 

He also fumbled 40 times and lost 28 of them. Hes sacked on almost 10% of his drop backs. His knock is he holds the ball too long and doesn't read the field well. 
If should not surprise anyone that he is a selfish player, as manifested in the stats you mentioned above.

The NFL rarely has room for true me-first players. In order for a selfish athlete to make it in the NFL they must have exceptional football skills. Kaep doesn’t have those skills to compensate for his poor mindset for the game. Hence, his failure as an NFL Quarterback. 

wgoldsph said:

Don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread