What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So I saw Bob Marleys ghost at the airport today (1 Viewer)

rustycolts

Footballguy
Took my daughter to Orlando International Airport today. The ride is only an hours drive now with the new toll roads but really stressful. Mainly because the closer you get to Orlando the more folks drive like maniacs. 

We finally arrived at the airport and parked the car in the garage. It was really crowded so we had to park at the top. When I got out I noticed the sky was getting dark and I'm thinking great I'm going to get  soaked on the way back  to the car.

We make our way into the terminal and to the American Airlines ticket area. I enter Megan's info into the kiosk and it said we need to see attendant. So I think no problem we had to see one anyway because I paid for assistance for my daughter.

We get there and the attendant asks a couple of questions and the third one she asks in case of a delay can you check yourself into a hotel and make it back to the airport. I looked at her and said no. The attendant then said well then she can't fly. I replied to her well that's why we asked for assistance. She is 38 but she will always be 12 mentally. So noway she could do that. The attendant then stated it's been a long time since she has dealt with a 12 year old so she has no idea weather she could  or couldn't so she can't fly.

So now after hearing this I'm about to lose my ever loving mind. Megans crying  because now she thinks she cant see her friends that she has been looking forward to seeing for months. I mean I'm about  to blow a gasket MOP style. Luckily a supervisor had overhead the conversation moved in an solved the problem. 

So now my stress level is in the red. I mean it's a warning Will Robinson moment.  I need to calm down.  We get through all the checks ok. Took awhile though Orlando International is always busy. We get to the gate and Megan boards the plane a successful ending to the story you would think but nooooo.

So now all I can think about is can't wait to get home what a day. I see a sign that says terminal roof top parking. That's me I think to myself push level 4 on the elevator. The elevator doors open and I step out and there is a roof. Now wait a minute there was sky before. This is not where I need to be. Oh great on top of everything else I'm all ### backwards. I'm lost and can't find my car this could only happen to me. I try several other floors but yes they all have roofs no sky to be seen.

I get back into the elevator and press the button to the top level. The doors open I walk out and low and behold there was sky. Problem was there was no cars parked.I turn around and noticed a man sitting in the corner not 10 feet from the elevator.  I really don't see how I missed him when I got off the elevator. 

I really took a look at him he had dreads and looked familiar. The most amazing thing was he was sitting there smoking a blunt in broad daylight. He looked up at me and said you lost mon? I just smiled and said I can't seem to find my car I'm so lost I couldn't find my butt with two hands.

He just looked at me and continued smiling and said this for helicopters mon. Your buildings over dhere mon and pointed over my shoulder. That's right mon that's your building over dhere.

I turned around and looked at him .He was still tokeing on the biggest blunt I've ever seen. I said man if I ever get back home I'm going to have some of what your having . He just threw back his head and laughed looked at me and smiled and said OK mon.

I got back into the elevator and proceeded to go to the wrong floors twice more. Went back to the elevator and waited for the doors to open for what seemed like the umpteenth time.

When the doors opened there was the man with the dreads standing between two maintenance men. He looked at me and said still lost mon? I said yep still lost guess I'm just dazed and confused it happens to us old guys.

Now I noticed that the maintenance men were not acknowledging his presence and did not notice that sweet aromatic smell of weed that surrounded him. I realized that they couldn't see him and now I recognized him it was Bob.

The maintenance guys thought I was a little touched as they thought I was talking to my self in the elevator. Even though they were giving each other we've got a crazy guy on our hands look. They said to me we will help you get where you need to go. We got off the elevator Bob went right and we went  left. They had never seen him.

Well I finally found my car. I played reggae music all the way home. When I got back I rolled up a fatty just like I told Bob I would. 

Thanks Bob for destressing me . It's all good mon.

Sorry this is so long. What can a I say I'm an old guy from the South. 

Used to live with stoner ski bums who started every day with bong hits and were always, I mean always first in line for rope drop at the top of the mountain.  

Got tired of them, never 🎵 got tired of >>>  Bob 🎵

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, the MCO parking garages...it's pretty much a rite of passage to lose your car there. And good luck if you forget which garage or go to the wrong one. I finally solved it by ALWAYS parking in the same place. I don't care what airline I'm on, I always use the third level in A.  Not falling for that trick again.

Had to work a very-late inventory job at a downtown Portland Oregon store.  It was past midnight, raining, and by the time I got back forgot which parking lot I had my car.  No cell phones back in the day, I was stuck.

I wound up walking round and round the block to an eventful hour where I got flashed by a carload of cute girls and nearly got jumped by a group of homeless who started at me forcing me into a hallway where I found my car in the nick of time.  

No Bob, Jacob, or Ziggy Marley sightings of any kind but the cute girl had a sweet rack.  :thumbup:

I have been told I am probably a medium.   But I don't really believe in that stuff.  

rustycolts said:
Did you get the name of his tailor?
he tried but some beehive stepped in & told him to kiss her grits. Tayback was not pleased when RGK puckered and guessed where her grits were at.

Took my daughter to Orlando International Airport today. The ride is only an hours drive now with the new toll roads but really stressful. Mainly because the closer you get to Orlando the more folks drive like maniacs. 

We finally arrived at the airport and parked the car in the garage. It was really crowded so we had to park at the top. When I got out I noticed the sky was getting dark and I'm thinking great I'm going to get  soaked on the way back  to the car.

We make our way into the terminal and to the American Airlines ticket area. I enter Megan's info into the kiosk and it said we need to see attendant. So I think no problem we had to see one anyway because I paid for assistance for my daughter.

We get there and the attendant asks a couple of questions and the third one she asks in case of a delay can you check yourself into a hotel and make it back to the airport. I looked at her and said no. The attendant then said well then she can't fly. I replied to her well that's why we asked for assistance. She is 38 but she will always be 12 mentally. So noway she could do that. The attendant then stated it's been a long time since she has dealt with a 12 year old so she has no idea weather she could  or couldn't so she can't fly.

So now after hearing this I'm about to lose my ever loving mind. Megans crying  because now she thinks she cant see her friends that she has been looking forward to seeing for months. I mean I'm about  to blow a gasket MOP style. Luckily a supervisor had overhead the conversation moved in an solved the problem. 

So now my stress level is in the red. I mean it's a warning Will Robinson moment.  I need to calm down.  We get through all the checks ok. Took awhile though Orlando International is always busy. We get to the gate and Megan boards the plane a successful ending to the story you would think but nooooo.

So now all I can think about is can't wait to get home what a day. I see a sign that says terminal roof top parking. That's me I think to myself push level 4 on the elevator. The elevator doors open and I step out and there is a roof. Now wait a minute there was sky before. This is not where I need to be. Oh great on top of everything else I'm all ### backwards. I'm lost and can't find my car this could only happen to me. I try several other floors but yes they all have roofs no sky to be seen.

I get back into the elevator and press the button to the top level. The doors open I walk out and low and behold there was sky. Problem was there was no cars parked.I turn around and noticed a man sitting in the corner not 10 feet from the elevator.  I really don't see how I missed him when I got off the elevator. 

I really took a look at him he had dreads and looked familiar. The most amazing thing was he was sitting there smoking a blunt in broad daylight. He looked up at me and said you lost mon? I just smiled and said I can't seem to find my car I'm so lost I couldn't find my butt with two hands.

He just looked at me and continued smiling and said this for helicopters mon. Your buildings over dhere mon and pointed over my shoulder. That's right mon that's your building over dhere.

I turned around and looked at him .He was still tokeing on the biggest blunt I've ever seen. I said man if I ever get back home I'm going to have some of what your having . He just threw back his head and laughed looked at me and smiled and said OK mon.

I got back into the elevator and proceeded to go to the wrong floors twice more. Went back to the elevator and waited for the doors to open for what seemed like the umpteenth time.

When the doors opened there was the man with the dreads standing between two maintenance men. He looked at me and said still lost mon? I said yep still lost guess I'm just dazed and confused it happens to us old guys.

Now I noticed that the maintenance men were not acknowledging his presence and did not notice that sweet aromatic smell of weed that surrounded him. I realized that they couldn't see him and now I recognized him it was Bob.

The maintenance guys thought I was a little touched as they thought I was talking to my self in the elevator. Even though they were giving each other we've got a crazy guy on our hands look. They said to me we will help you get where you need to go. We got off the elevator Bob went right and we went  left. They had never seen him.

Well I finally found my car. I played reggae music all the way home. When I got back I rolled up a fatty just like I told Bob I would. 

Thanks Bob for destressing me . It's all good mon.

Sorry this is so long. What can a I say I'm an old guy from the South. 

Is this real?  Or like a joke I didn't get?  An allegory?

Is this real?  Or like a joke I didn't get?  An allegory?
I don't know, but I did see a ghost of a neighbor several years ago. The neighbors across the street (actually one house over from being directly across) were going out of town, and wanted to know if I would feed their dog, and let him out and walk him while they were gone. I said sure. They also owned the property of the house behind them in the woods. The street of the house behind them in the woods is also named after the people that used to live in the house for decades (the Suttonwoods). Those owners eventually died of old age. One day when I was walking the dog behind his house, I heard the noise of a limb shaking. I was on the line of the property of house of the dog, and the property they owned that used to be the Suttonwood's property. The Suttonwoods had a big garden, and I was right where the garden starts.  When I looked in the direction of the limb being shaken, it was on the Suttonwood's old property, and I saw the figure of a woman from behind wearing long pants, a long sleeved shirt, and a straw hat, and she was pulling flowers off of a bush. That house on the property was going to be redone and sold by the owners of the dog, and nobody lived there, and it was basically a vacant locked up house at the time. Anyway, I walked around the brush to talk to the woman, and that took about half a minute, and nobody was there. She couldn't have gone inside the house. She couldn't have gone down the driveway that was at least 20 yards away from the bushes, and the driveway is long and shaped like a horseshoe. The dog never reacted to the woman when she was pulling flowers off the bush. When the owners of the dog came back a couple days later, I told them about what happened. He said that Mrs. Suttonwood used to wear a big straw hat when she worked in the garden, and it must of been her ghost picking flowers. He was serious, and I believe it was her.  :tinfoilhat:

Huh. Check this out.