What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So is DeChambeau going to change golf equipment? (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
Looks like the all irons being the sane length thing is working. Never heard of anyone doing this before. Will we see one of the big manufacturers selling sets like this this and instructors specializing in teaching the swing differences?

Last edited by a moderator:

kevzilla

Footballguy
I believe Golfsmith sold an equal-length set in the 90s. Not very many of them, though. It's an interesting concept.

Quint

Footballguy
Edel has been doing this for a while now. I think DeChambeau was playing them before getting a sponsorship from Cobra. 

Obviously, the don’t have much market share, but maybe they can go the PXG route and capture a player or two every year. A full, fitted, set of irons runs about $2k. 

Beef Ravioli

Footballguy
What else does DeC.... do different? Seems like his yardage is based on some type of equation??? I haven’t seen much but heard an announcer say, “he’s going to change golf”.

mr roboto

Footballguy
What else does DeC.... do different? Seems like his yardage is based on some type of equation??? I haven’t seen much but heard an announcer say, “he’s going to change golf”.
He has a very upright one plane swing. Not entirely new but the first guy to play at a high level doing it. 

mr roboto

Footballguy
really interesting stuff. May be something to this...
IIRC you are a low-mid handicapper?  You may not love the trajectory on the longer irons. 

I really want to hit these on a range (i.e. not inside a hitting bay/simulator). I’ve been struggling with my 4-5 irons lately. 

Users who are viewing this thread