What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Son of Anarchy League . . . Maybe (4 Viewers)

You only need one TE per team. I don't get the team TE thing. We are already having 3 team roster spots (QB, PK, DEF). At what point do we just go with team RB and team WR, too?

Also, would adding a flex make sense or not? As it is . . .

RB x 2 = 64

WR x 2 = 64

TE x 1 = 32

Would there be enough talent left over to try to add a flex and suck out another 32 players?

Last year in PPR leagues, RB64 = 59 points, WR64 = 110 points, TE32 = 81 points. Of all the leftovers, there were 68 guys that scored at least 50 fantasy points.

Having a flex would add another layer of strategy . . .

You only need one TE per team. I don't get the team TE thing. We are already having 3 team roster spots (QB, PK, DEF). At what point do we just go with team RB and team WR, too?

RB x 2 = 64

WR x 2 = 64

TE x 1 = 32

Would there be enough talent left over to try to add a flex and suck out another 32 players?

Last year in PPR leagues, RB64 = 59 points, WR64 = 110 points, TE32 = 81 points. Of all the leftovers, there were 68 guys that scored at least 50 fantasy points.

I say yes.

Anarchy99 said:

RB x 2 = 64

WR x 2 = 64

TE x 1 = 32

Presently in 2 other 32 teamers(IDP) and both have the same offensive flex option and RB-WR-TE lineup we plan to use. It's definitely doable

The 32 team league I play in starts only 4 RB/WR/TE and there are plenty of WSIS decisions every Sunday. Adding another flex to bring the total to 6 should be fine (and fun).

Once the 10 Anarchy Leagues get done drafting (or maybe I should say "if"), then I will move on to setting this up.

Any interest in having deductions for fumbles for offensive players and/or negative scoring for defenses based on excessive points or yardage allowed? That would put a little more importance to drafting a good defensive team.

David,

Why the team kicker?

This rewards those who don't do the work and it will lead to kickers being verrry late picks.Every Anarchy owner knows you don't want to get caught not knowing that position. Let them use week 1 pick up for a kicker.That will change their drafting. It adds strategy and will be great fodder for S O A draft thread.

Imagine having to waste this great opportunity to dump an injured player, for a kicker.

David,

Why the team kicker?

This rewards those who don't do the work and it will lead to kickers being verrry late picks.Every Anarchy owner knows you don't want to get caught not knowing that position. Let them use week 1 pick up for a kicker.That will change their drafting. It adds strategy and will be great fodder for S O A draft thread.

Imagine having to waste this great opportunity to dump an injured player, for a kicker.
I will consider this one. I considered not having kickers at all. Other than a couple teams, I don't think this will impact much UNLESS the team with an early waiver claim also needs a kicker. I suspect that teams near the back of the replacement pick line will have slim pickings to choose from, especially if we have a flex.

I generally have picked kickers early in Anarchy anyway, as I like the extra points compared to late round kickers to begin with. Speaking of kickers, I am going to change scoring compared to Anarchy kicker scoring (whether we have team kickers or individual kickers).

Once the 10 Anarchy Leagues get done drafting (or maybe I should say "if"), then I will move on to setting this up.

Any interest in having deductions for fumbles for offensive players and/or negative scoring for defenses based on excessive points or yardage allowed? That would put a little more importance to drafting a good defensive team.
Love point reductions

I've never done a 32 team league.

Would try it if needed.
I just realized it took two full weeks for the 16 team Anarchy draft. I'm not sure I've got enough attention span to do a month long draft. I'll still fill a spot if needed, but would prefer to be a reserve. I'm an avid predrafter so I'd move the progress along, but apparently been having trouble predrafting via my phone...

I've never done a 32 team league.

Would try it if needed.
I just realized it took two full weeks for the 16 team Anarchy draft. I'm not sure I've got enough attention span to do a month long draft. I'll still fill a spot if needed, but would prefer to be a reserve. I'm an avid predrafter so I'd move the progress along, but apparently been having trouble predrafting via my phone...
I think it would take about the same amount of time. Anarchy cut the starting numbers in half compared to the normal league.

Wicked busy with work right now and several of the Anarchy Leagues are having issues getting bogged down and are S-L-O-W. Hopefully those can get done drafting this week and I can start tinkering with the new league concept after that.

HellToupee said:

Love point reductions
same here
most definitely

36 timed out picks and counting so far in the regular leagues. You guys will have to do better than that or you will piss off 31 other owners.

crazy off the wall random suggestion that could help avoid timeouts in this draft....(not sure if MFL can do this)

let's say the draft starts 8:00 am EST August 1st.....

1.01 8:00 am to 8:30 am

1.02 8:30 am to 9:00 am

1.03 9:00 am to 9:30 am

and so on....thru midnight with 1.32 picking between 11:30pm and 12:00 AM...(clock off 12-8 am)

it would reverse the next day

so each owner would know BEFORE THE DRAFT EVEN STARTS the time that each and every one of their picks would need to be in and you would basically be guaranteeing "a pick a day"......you would be done in 9 or 10 days or however many rounds there are...each owner has a half hour window and with the ability to predraft and/or get alerts, there really shouldn't be an excuse......you know you have to make a pick each day....and you would be committing to this in order to even be accepted into the league....

the bonus is it might even move faster.....with people predrafting, etc.....

owners could kind of request/trade draft slots to fit their schedules as obviously the guys on the ends are picking morning and night and guys in middle are during the day, etc.....

so if I have first pick I know I am 8:00am to 8:30am on the odd days and 11:30pm to 12:00 am on the even days, etc.......

no excuses....you knew ahead of time each and every picks deadline....

if you miss your pick......you are just skipped until you show up and you can make replacement pick at any time....

I'm sure there are tons of reasons why this wouldn't work...?

Last edited by a moderator:
crazy off the wall random suggestion that could help avoid timeouts in this draft....(not sure if MFL can do this)

let's say the draft starts 8:00 am EST August 1st.....

1.01 8:00 am to 8:30 am

1.02 8:30 am to 9:00 am

1.03 9:00 am to 9:30 am

and so on....thru midnight with 1.32 picking between 11:30pm and 12:00 AM...(clock off 12-8 am)

it would reverse the next day

so each owner would know BEFORE THE DRAFT EVEN STARTS the time that each and every one of their picks would need to be in and you would basically be guaranteeing "a pick a day"......you would be done in 9 or 10 days or however many rounds there are...each owner has a half hour window and with the ability to predraft and/or get alerts, there really shouldn't be an excuse......you know you have to make a pick each day....and you would be committing to this in order to even be accepted into the league....

the bonus is it might even move faster.....with people predrafting, etc.....

owners could kind of request/trade draft slots to fit their schedules as obviously the guys on the ends are picking morning and night and guys in middle are during the day, etc.....

so if I have first pick I know I am 8:00am to 8:30am on the odd days and 11:30pm to 12:00 am on the even days, etc.......

no excuses....you knew ahead of time each and every picks deadline....

if you miss your pick......you are just skipped until you show up and you can make replacement pick at any time....

I'm sure there are tons of reasons why this wouldn't work...?
Using me as an example, I might not have the same schedule and availability every day, and my "assigned time" could be 8 hours off from when I could actually pick. I am guilty of not predrafting (except maybe at the end of drafts when it doesn't matter as much).

Also, as far as I know, MFL's system has a pick timer but not a pick planner. So if TEAM 1 made its pick at 8:00, Team 2 would go on the clock immediately . . . not at 8:30.

Once the other Anarchy Leagues wrap up, my plan is to pick 32 owners with a quick pick draft history. OK, me and 31 owners with a quick pick history if we are being honest. That way we should be able to minimize the lengthy gaps in picks and avoid people timing out.

thats cool....I don't know I guess i was thinking that it's only 9 picks I have to make.....I know the exact time they are due before I even commit to the draft.....I could probably arrange my schedule, (set alerts ahead of time on my phone even, etc), to make it work.....guys on the end would need to be flexible since they are dealing with a 16 hour window, but the closer you get to the middle, you are picking closer to the same time every day.....guy in the 16th slot is basically in the same hour every day....a "pick planner" would be needed....I know I would be down with this because as a drafter it also sucks to be checking in all the time and seeing no progress, and this would eleviate that....oh well just a thought

So I assume that the random draft order has yet to be set up? At least I hope so...drafting at 32 would be teh sux.

Also, draft is currently only set up for 16 of the 32 teams, which is why I'm guessing it isn't finalized. But we had better get started soon if we want to finish in time for the season.

Any more comments on the 3RR set up suggested earlier? If not, I think those teams picking in the last half are going to be power screwed. Zero chance at an elite QB, most likely, which will kill them .

So I assume that the random draft order has yet to be set up? At least I hope so...drafting at 32 would be teh sux.

Also, draft is currently only set up for 16 of the 32 teams, which is why I'm guessing it isn't finalized. But we had better get started soon if we want to finish in time for the season.

Any more comments on the 3RR set up suggested earlier? If not, I think those teams picking in the last half are going to be power screwed. Zero chance at an elite QB, most likely, which will kill them .
How many years have you been in these leagues?

Based on the results of the other Anarchy drafts, there were 15 TMQBs taken by the 64th pick. As discussed many times over the years, taking an elite QB can actually hurt your team more than help it. So if you wanted a Top 15 QB in this league, you'd better not wait until the 3rd round.

That being said, I am still tinkering with the league rules and scoring system. But if it will make you happy, I added in the 3RR. Clearly I did not rig the draft order results, as you ended up with the 3rd slot and I got 31st.

Here is the draft order:

http://football6.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=43287&O=17

I hope to have the rules ironed out and the draft started in the next couple of days.

Based on the results of the other Anarchy drafts, there were 15 TMQBs taken by the 64th pick. As discussed many times over the years, taking an elite QB can actually hurt your team more than help it. So if you wanted a Top 15 QB in this league, you'd better not wait until the 3rd round.

That being said, I am still tinkering with the league rules and scoring system. But if it will make you happy, I added in the 3RR. Clearly I did not rig the draft order results, as you ended up with the 3rd slot and I got 31st.

Here is the draft order:

I hope to have the rules ironed out and the draft started in the next couple of days.
:tebow: Thanks

Here is the draft order:

:tebow: Thanks
:goodposting:

There were way more people that wanted to participate than there were spots. I couldn't take everybody. One of the criteria was how long people took to draft and whether they timed out. After that, it was just pretty random. Sorry to those that didn't get picked.

Of course the top tiered players go first. This is an experimental league. You must adapt and improvise according to the rules.

On another note, if we have tm Kickers that will make 3 slots that could possibly end up the last 3 rounds for those that did not get a top tier in those positions. It's not like you don't get one there are 3 guaranteed slots,QB, DEF, and. now Kicker.

Here is the draft order:

Looking forward to this.

Not a fan of 3RR but will play whatever cards you deal David.

Of course the top tiered players go first. This is an experimental league. You must adapt and improvise according to the rules.

On another note, if we have tm Kickers that will make 3 slots that could possibly end up the last 3 rounds for those that did not get a top tier in those positions. It's not like you don't get one there are 3 guaranteed slots,QB, DEF, and. now Kicker.
Went with regular old individual place kickers. That way there is a little more strategy and no one is guaranteed any kicker points.

3rd round reversal means the order of round 3 is the same order as round 2. So if you had the last pick in round one, your picks would be 32, 33, 65. If you had pick 1, your first 3 picks would be 1, 64, 96. After that, it goes back to being a regular serpentine style draft.

Were there any requirements for being picked for the league or was it mostly random?

EDIT: Nevermind didn't realize I was in the league

Users who are viewing this thread