What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Son of Survivor II Master Thread ** (1 Viewer)

Losing a QB1 and WR1 and having a terrible matchup for your RB1 looks worse to me than simply losing a RB1, especially when you look at the other great matchups you'll have in week 5.
I see what you are saying and generally agree - except for one thing - DJax is my WR2! Ward = WR1, picked at 2.11, while I got DJax as my WR2 at 4.11 and JSmith as my WR3 at 5.02. Thinking of all the teams that pooled their entire WR corps with mediocre WR2/3 players as their entire crew, I am confident bringing in Ward, JSmith and Williams/Woods battling for that WR3 spot in a week when there are a lot of teams still playing and I just have to outscore one of them - some folks in our league would be VERY HAPPY to field a Ward/JSmith WR1/2 pairing.On Zereoue a wasted pick - I generally agree, but the QB options were not good, and I already backed C-Pepp up with Frerotte knowing I only needed Warner to play for me in week 4. I expect the team to use Zereoue a bunch as a receiver and I hope for him to get a few catches for 20-30 yards each week - not a big deal, but it may be SOMEthing in week 5 I wouldn't have without him. I was forced to roll my dice and carry 6 RBs b/c of my RB2 sitch.Finally, Priest getting two TDs - didn't say two rushing TDs - one rushing and one receiving TD will be fine by me. And 40 total yards is VERY conservative - I expect more like 50 rush and 30 receiving yards - maybe evene MORE receiving yards given the Ravens rush D.

Understood, but Holmes had 27 TDs last year, and not one came via reception.Me calling DJax your WR1 was a mistake. But, he's a strong WR2, and could be a WR1 on some teams so losing him for a week is significant.As for Zereoue, with 0 pts for RB receptions, those 2 or 3 points aren't going to help you more than the chance to get the Giants QB sitch locked up. You could have easily grabbed Eli Manning instead of Amos.Anyway, I know that you realize you took a risk in relying solely on Warner in week 4 to build up your RB crew, and I agree picks in round 19 and 20 probably weren't going to make that QB2 problem go away. I just happen to believe week 4 is a bigger problem area for you than week 5. We'll have to see how things play out. A lot depends on how Warner does in the next couple weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's WAAAY too early to be thinking about who's going to make it and who isn't from this week.But I gotta say.. Gatorman with 4 guys in double figures already (almost 30 from his TE!) is looking pretty safe right now..Boy that pick of Minor is looking pretty good now.. :bag:

How the heck can I have 3 defenses and all of them do bad?Johnson seems to have given me hope.. my RBS are definitely my weak spot.. I felt bad for Aaron with McAllister until I saw that he had Owens.. Seems Marc's pick of Culpepper (who he said would NEVER be on his team unless it was with his 4th pick) is working out OK for him.. His TE's aren't too bad either.

Seems Marc's pick of Culpepper (who he said would NEVER be on his team unless it was with his 4th pick) is working out OK for him.. His TE's aren't too bad either.
:thumbup: Never say never. Today is one of those days when you understand WHY it is a good move to take C-Pepp early. Either way, after LHUCKS had sucked up TJones and KJones to erase the last two viable RB2 options in this league at the 2.12/3.01 turn, taking C-Pepp at 3.02 after I had Priest at 1.02 and Ward at 2.11 was really the only move to make.You guys sucked up ALL the RB2s (regardless of value) in the 2nd and I had expected one of you to take C-Pepp, one to take Ward or CJohn, and ONE BACK other than the two I mentioned to be my late 2nd round choice!I am praying my decision to bank on a lot of receptions doesn't backfire when I lose C-Pepp in week 4 and Priest in week 5. Past those two guys' bye weeks, I really look to hav esamooth sailing (Ron Dayne with more carries than Tiki Barber and a close-in TD, and the extensive use of SJax up until he fumbled the ball are both very encouraging, but Warner being replaced by Manning late scares me ala what Aaron was talking about above - Warner really didn't play poorly, but he didn't play well).

Garcia 20Alexander 34Westbrook 16Branch 21Chambers 9Morgan 11Gramatica 4Seatle 10Gonzo ???125

QB Matt Hasselbeck - 13.84

RB Deuce McAllister - 7.7

RB Mike Alstott - 2.2

WR Terrell Owens - 32.8

WR Michael Clayton - 12.3

WR Peerless Price - 11.8

TE Jason Witten - 7.7

PK Jeff Reed - 8

DEF Buffalo Bills - 14

Total: 110.3 (pending Deshaun Foster)

QB Gannon - 22RB Tomlinson - 18RB T. Jones - 22WR Terrel - 19.5WR A. Johnson - 9.5WR Roy Williams - 10.5TE Dallas Clark - 8K Hanson - 8D Oakland - 8Total - 125.5 (roughly)Still have Javon Walker, Kasay and Carolina D.

Palmer 19.92Taylor 6.1Rudi 13Moulds 21.5Horn 17Rod Smith 14.6Daniel Graham 25.7Cundiff 5 (Or Longwell)Denver D or KC D - at least 8 (KC)I'm at 130.82 and counting right now. I didn't really explode at any position except TE, although Freddie Jones would have score me over 15 so it wasn't much of a dropoff. Moulds performed up to the high expectations I've had for him all offseason, even though Bledsoe performed down to the low expectations everyone else had.

Are we calculating our own points? I thought the site was doing that for us.
it should do it for us. but it probably won't do it until after the MNF game. some of us just can't wait.

Aaron's got Deuce, Bennett, Foster, Anthony Thomas and Alstott. Now Bennett's out and Thomas is questionable for week 1. The first few weeks may be trouble for one of the consensus top teams, but you still have to like his chances with guys like Hasselbeck, Owens, Coles and Price.
:whistle:

I don't know, but I'm sure I'm fine:C-PeppWard, DJax, Jimmy SmithPriest, either SJax or RDayne probablyGates or Crumpler - take your pickThe rest is pretty much a wash - my Ks and Ds did fine 'nuff.

The league was activated.I sent the e-mail to Mike (can't remember his last name) myself and got the confirm.On the commissioner page, the 'pay now or die' message disappeared, so everything is cool.I believe that since I have the 'start the best scorers' option set, it won't pick your lineup until after MNF. If you look at weekly performance, it shows the scores.. but only for the 2 early games..I'm too lazy to figure it all out..Brady 29.30Brown 10.50Barlow 10.10Harrison 17.40Lelie 12.80Porter 8.40EJohnson 30.60 !! :thumbup: Dawson 8.00Indy - 6.00133.10 pending Muhammad, fumbles and other stuff that I didn't take into account.This is a rough ballpark, but should be close for comparison purposes.

Palmer 19.92Taylor 6.1Rudi 13Moulds 21.5Horn 17Rod Smith 14.6Daniel Graham 25.7Cundiff 5 (Or Longwell)Denver D or KC D - at least 8 (KC)I'm at 130.82 and counting right now. I didn't really explode at any position except TE, although Freddie Jones would have score me over 15 so it wasn't much of a dropoff. Moulds performed up to the high expectations I've had for him all offseason, even though Bledsoe performed down to the low expectations everyone else had.
I'd say 3 WRS at 14+ points each is pretty solid performance. Couple HUGE TE weeks.. what a difference from last year.. I don't remember TE's being so significant.I count at least 5 with 20 or more points.. (2 on Levin's roster)

I'd say 3 WRS at 14+ points each is pretty solid performance. Couple HUGE TE weeks.. what a difference from last year.. I don't remember TE's being so significant.I count at least 5 with 20 or more points.. (2 on Levin's roster)
Not really. 14 points is about 1/16th what I expect them to get during the year. Project it out to 16 games and it's only 224 points, which is 72 catches for 1100 yards and 7 TDs - very reasonable numbers for Horn, Moulds and Smith, not to mention my backups. I expect about 30-60 points from my receivers every week.

Cobalt CruisinBrunell 5 (Delhomme still to go)Staley 10.4J Lewis 5.7Holt 16.6McCareins 11.6Parker 10.5 (S Smith still to go)Kinney 8.1Vanderjagt 6Bucs D or Redskins D (I'm not counting this it's too late at night, but I think it's either 8 or 10). CC is at 73.9 + (Delhomme -5) + (S Smith - 10.5) + (Bucs D or Redskins D). He's going to need a big night from Carolina to catch Aaron or whoever is currently 2nd worst.

I think my scoring is:

McNabb: 38.4

--------------

Portis: 22.3

Martin: 32.3

--------------

Givens: 12

Glenn: 19.4

Robinson: 11.4

-----------

Heap: 26.6

-----------

Akers: 9

-----------

Jets D: 12

Total: 183.4

I think my scoring is:

--------------

--------------

-----------

-----------

-----------

Showoff! :jealous:

I think my scoring is:

--------------

--------------

-----------

-----------

-----------

I'd have to say that's the early favorite for immunity for week 2.Wow... nice week Greg.

Cobalt Cruisin'

Total: 94 plus Delhomme (-5) and Steve Smith (-6.5)

Aaron

Total: 110.24 plus Deshaun Foster (-2.2)

Sandbagger

Total: 118.4 plus Ahman Green (-18.1) and Robert Ferguson (-3.1)

Looks like it's between me and CC. I have no idea what to really expect from Foster, but if he doesn't do anything I'll probably be the first to go.

Also, I think Gatorman has immunity pretty much locked up:

Gatorman

Total: 197.42 plus Packers D (-9)

Cobalt CruisinBrunell 5 (Delhomme still to go)Staley 10.4J Lewis 5.7Holt 16.6McCareins 11.6Parker 10.5 (S Smith still to go)Kinney 8.1Vanderjagt 6Bucs D or Redskins D (I'm not counting this it's too late at night, but I think it's either 8 or 10). CC is at 73.9 + (Delhomme -5) + (S Smith - 10.5) + (Bucs D or Redskins D). He's going to need a big night from Carolina to catch Aaron or whoever is currently 2nd worst.
I think Aaron will survive, but he'll struggle the next few weeks if the Bennett injury lingers.That said, a big night out of both Delhomme and SSmith ()with little form Foster) might bury Aaron.

05.26 QB Green, KC 19.90 RB Smith, Min18.30 RB Dunn, Atl16.10 WR Kennison, KC10.10 WR Gardner, Was08.10 WR Mason, Ten17.00 TE Smith, Phi14.00 K Elam, Den08.00 DEF CHI-------116.76 + Favre - 5.26

Cobalt Cruisin'

I had CC's lowest receiver at 10.5 Does that mean that he has 98 + Steve Smith (-10.5) or that he has 102 + Steve Smith (-10.5)?

if you look at the weekly results, you can see the potential points for the week, and you can look at the rosters to see the per player breakdown...

Also, I think Gatorman has immunity pretty much locked up:

Gatorman

Total: 197.42 plus Packers D (-9)
This is the first time since I beat CC for the first championship that I have had the highest scoring week

Cobalt Cruisin'

I had CC's lowest receiver at 10.5 Does that mean that he has 98 + Steve Smith (-10.5) or that he has 102 + Steve Smith (-10.5)?
yeah, that was a mistake by me.At halftime, I think CC is at 100.3.

I'm still at 110.24. I need something/anything from Foster, but it's not looking too good.

Point totals from the Site:Delhomme: 21.36SSmith: 12.00Foster: 3.40Someone's going home by the skin of their teeth..And Son of Survivor II picks up right where it left off last year.. Right down to the last plays of the last game.

So I'll start some discussion, and this is in no way second guessing Aaron's ff acumen as I believe he is one of the best drafters I've come across.Was Michael Bennett a wise play in the Survivor format? A) A lot of competitionB) Not really an iron manC) Too many handcuffs/unclear handcuff situationComments? Criticism?

So I'll start some discussion, and this is in no way second guessing Aaron's ff acumen as I believe he is one of the best drafters I've come across.Was Michael Bennett a wise play in the Survivor format? A) A lot of competitionB) Not really an iron manC) Too many handcuffs/unclear handcuff situationComments? Criticism?
Yes, but his value should have been downgraded for exactly the reasons you mentioned. He's a guy who can get a ton of points, at a scarce position, which is great in Survivor, but he's also a very risky guy week to week because of the many threats (and I felt he was an injury risk because he relied on his speed, and because, with so many other valid options, any injury that slowed him down a little would cause them to rest him). Bennett was a guy I thought was overpriced all offseason for exactly those reasons - he was a guy I would have liked on my roster, but at the price he was going there were better risks. He is also a guy I'm glad I don't have to worry about in this league anymore - I think he will be huge the weeks he is the starter. Sorry to see you out so early Aaron, and congrats to CC on pulling out a heck of a comeback from the Panthers on a night when very few things went right for Carolina.

well, unscientifically, I think we are starting to see a trend of critically injured RBs one year getting dinged the next. Happened with edge, bennett, marshall, and buckhalter/staley. The only guy it didn't seem to happen to is J Lewis.DiscussI thought that Bennett was ranked way too high by FBG before the injury. One of those "no bad news" rises like the NCAA poll. Florida moves up because everone in front of them had a bad week kind of thing.

Congrats to Gator on getting immunity.You know, I'm really kicking myself for the Garner pick. I came so close to taking Owens and going away from my strategy there. I'd much rather have Owens in the 3rd than Moss or Harrison or Holt in the 1st or early 2nd. But I just didn't feel confident about taking RBs that would have been there at the late 4th.

And a guy I thought was in it for the long haul goes down early.Sorry to see you go, Aaron, but I'm going to cruelly state that I am glad it was before me.You and I had verbal spars last year on how we each drafted in this league, and we had one this year. You won last year's battle, this year is open ended until we see if I survive week 4.I am unsure whether you all remember me posting this, but when the RB2 attack went on in the 2nd round last year (Holt, Harrison, Moss and 19 RBs were selected before my second round pick at 2.11), but I called all of you crazy - Aaron won't be the first of you to suffer for a bad RB2 choice in the second round.On the discussion point, I am unconvinced it was his RB2 that caused his downfall, though that seems the most direct reason. Poor RB production was common between Aaron and CC, but more pressing was unimpressive RB1 play, combined with unimpressive TE play - IMO, CC survived b/c he got decent QB production, while Aaron did not.They both got good WR play, poor RB1 play, poor RB2 play, and poor TE play - I didn't bother comparing K/D. The difference was the QB play. Anyway, that's my opinion.(of course this projects REALLY bad for me on any week C-Pepp has "downtime" - at some point I will get knocked out for having taken Tatum Bell instead of a better QB2).

I think that given the scoring rules which almost take away RB power by design (6 pts for passing TD, no reception points for RB, DOUBLE reception points for TE), it's a pretty strong argument that a solid WR over a mid-range RB is the way to go.That being said, I don't remember the break-down of the final 4 teams last year, but I'm pretty sure that they all had at least 2 solid RB choices. Without the ability chance your roster after you draft it, it's difficult to find that diamond in the ruff.

Without the ability chance your roster after you draft it, it's difficult to find that diamond in the ruff.
If we do this next year, I'd like a VERY LIMITED moves allowed policy.This is what I see: you may "IR" one, and only one, player and you may grab one player from the same position who was eliminated from opponents' rosters (NOT free agents) - this would start ONLY FOR the Wednesday after the league goes from one-week scores to two week scores. It would happen ONCE MORE after the league cuts down to 4 teams.I would determine survivor waiver order by overall points scored - the team with the least amount of points either chooses first or last - not sure which way is fair. In short, you would be ultimately able to replace two players with a top quality player to replace an injured player. Alternatively, I would follow above, BUT, the player pool would ONLY BE players who were NOT originally drafted - in other words, if the player was on an eliiminated players' roster, he is no longer available (this gives you an opp to replace one player, but only from undrafted players) - I actually like this system better.Eliminated teams would be allowed to do this, too, after the "competitors" were done, in leagues like ours where there is a secondary prize for most overall points.

P.S. - obviously, the IR'd player would be removed from any further consideration on your, or any other, squad - regardless of if he makes a miraculous return and scores 50 points a week.

I think that given the scoring rules which almost take away RB power by design (6 pts for passing TD, no reception points for RB, DOUBLE reception points for TE), it's a pretty strong argument that a solid WR over a mid-range RB is the way to go.That being said, I don't remember the break-down of the final 4 teams last year, but I'm pretty sure that they all had at least 2 solid RB choices. Without the ability chance your roster after you draft it, it's difficult to find that diamond in the ruff.
In hindsight my RB2 last year was solid, but at the time of the draft it wasn't all that solid of a pick, no. My RBs were Edge, Hambrick, Moe Williams, Thomas Jones, and Alstott. Moe and TJ combined to make a kick-### RB2, and Hambrick contributed a little.

Without the ability chance your roster after you draft it, it's difficult to find that diamond in the ruff.
If we do this next year, I'd like a VERY LIMITED moves allowed policy.This is what I see: you may "IR" one, and only one, player and you may grab one player from the same position who was eliminated from opponents' rosters (NOT free agents) - this would start ONLY FOR the Wednesday after the league goes from one-week scores to two week scores. It would happen ONCE MORE after the league cuts down to 4 teams.I would determine survivor waiver order by overall points scored - the team with the least amount of points either chooses first or last - not sure which way is fair. In short, you would be ultimately able to replace two players with a top quality player to replace an injured player. Alternatively, I would follow above, BUT, the player pool would ONLY BE players who were NOT originally drafted - in other words, if the player was on an eliiminated players' roster, he is no longer available (this gives you an opp to replace one player, but only from undrafted players) - I actually like this system better.Eliminated teams would be allowed to do this, too, after the "competitors" were done, in leagues like ours where there is a secondary prize for most overall points.
No way would I support taking players from other's rosters. If we're not going with stick with who you draft, you may as well just have regular waivers and trading allowed.I think not having to manage a team is part of the beauty of survivor leagues, and not being able to manage them is a big part of the strategy required in them.

Users who are viewing this thread