What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo (2 Viewers)

Another reason why I love this place … you have a rough day and then realize there is so much more going on with others. My day is suddenly one that I am thankful for! You are an inspiration my man. All the best to you and your incredible family this season.
I don't take compliments well. I don't like getting gifts. I'm a product of my early development when we didn't have much, I guess. Did my best to control my own destiny by learning from others. I write that because I appreciate what I would consider the greatest compliment, but it's hard for me to accept. I thought about it today on my walk because others have communicated similar thoughts. I came to the conclusion that I was reasonably adjusted before all of this nonsense. Afterwards, I'm hyper focused on what matters. Just another great thing that has some from the craziness. I don't care about things that used to drive me crazy. For the most part, I'm at peace. Doves haven't been perching on my shoulders, or other wild beasts greeting me when I'm outside, but I fully expect them to any day now.

AP, the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Another reason why I love this place … you have a rough day and then realize there is so much more going on with others. My day is suddenly one that I am thankful for! You are an inspiration my man. All the best to you and your incredible family this season.
I don't take compliments well. I don't like getting gifts. I'm a product of my early development when we didn't have much, I guess. Did my best to control my own destiny by learning from others. I write that because I appreciate what I would consider the greatest compliment, but it's hard for me to accept. I thought about it today on my walk because others have communicated similar thoughts. I came to the conclusion that I was reasonably adjusted before all of this nonsense. Afterwards, I'm hyper focused on what matters. Just another great thing that has some from the craziness. I don't care about things that used to drive me crazy. For the most part, I'm at peace. Doves haven't been perching on my shoulders, or other wild beasts greeting me when I'm outside, but I fully expect them to any day now.

AP, the bottom of my heart, thank you.
As another once put it to me … ”life is good, just enjoy it”. It is too easy to get in our own way sometimes to find that peace that was right there the whole time. We all get inspiration from different things at times … you were mine on this day, so enjoy knowing you make a difference.

Yo, my brothers and sisters!

I had a scan recently and good news, looks the same as the previous one in December of last year. Cool man, cool! It was moved up a month because I had a lot more "bad" days August-October than "good". I thought things may have gone off the rails, the cancer was spreading. Speaking with others in remission, this is a common thought.

I had an appointment with my Primary in October prior. He's my age, and my doc for 25 years. He's always serious and straightforward which I appreciate and respect. He told me that with the amount of treatment I received, most likely, I'll never be physically and mentally the way I was prior. It sucked to hear that but also a good thing. The oncologist agreed with his assessment. I've been striving for an unrealistic expectation. This helps tremendously as I no longer worry about all of these crazy aches and pains where the main tumor was and especially in unusual places. Sadly my groin area isn't used enough to feel as strained as it is. ;)

I do have a couple of favors to ask as this has been an enlightening experience to say the least.

If you know someone that has gone through treatment, please understand how much that person has changed. Just because they seem fine when you are with them, doesn't mean they will feel well the next day. I keep thinking of friends to me at the time, seemed just fine. It hasn't been until I walked a mile in their shoes that I realized they were just being strong, fighting. Please remember that. I think most of you know me well enough, this isn't for me looking for sympathy. Screw that noise.

Secondly, treatment is crazy expensive even with decent insurance. If you see a friend having a fund raiser, please give them something, anything, if you can afford it. Again, not for me, we're good. If you're somehow fortunate enough that you don't know anyone battling, there's always Chance for Hope.

In that vein, the last couple of Christmas's, I spoke to our boys, and told them that times were lean with all of the medical bills. I've always taught them to be fiscally responsible. We could still get them a bunch of presents however then we wouldn't be able to help the less fortunate the way we normally do. They instacalled to give assistance to those that needed things much more than them.

The ship has been righted since. I asked them both in November, three separate times, what they wanted this year. Our oldest requested some new sheets for his bed and a couple of pairs of jeans. The youngest, a new pair of shoes. That's it. Both were emphatic that we continue the tradition of helping others with the balance. What a freaking wonderful Christmas present to me. :heart:

Love you all and wishing you a wonderful Holiday!

What an incredible update, and thank you so much for sharing your perspective and words of wisdom. This post absolutely made my week! And while I will continue to pray for you as you deal with the challenges from your treatment, I celebrate the incredible gift you have given all of us by fighting to continue your story and sharing your journey. All the love to you my man!

Yo, my brothers and sisters!

I had a scan recently and good news, looks the same as the previous one in December of last year. Cool man, cool! It was moved up a month because I had a lot more "bad" days August-October than "good". I thought things may have gone off the rails, the cancer was spreading. Speaking with others in remission, this is a common thought.

I had an appointment with my Primary in October prior. He's my age, and my doc for 25 years. He's always serious and straightforward which I appreciate and respect. He told me that with the amount of treatment I received, most likely, I'll never be physically and mentally the way I was prior. It sucked to hear that but also a good thing. The oncologist agreed with his assessment. I've been striving for an unrealistic expectation. This helps tremendously as I no longer worry about all of these crazy aches and pains where the main tumor was and especially in unusual places. Sadly my groin area isn't used enough to feel as strained as it is. ;)

I do have a couple of favors to ask as this has been an enlightening experience to say the least.

If you know someone that has gone through treatment, please understand how much that person has changed. Just because they seem fine when you are with them, doesn't mean they will feel well the next day. I keep thinking of friends to me at the time, seemed just fine. It hasn't been until I walked a mile in their shoes that I realized they were just being strong, fighting. Please remember that. I think most of you know me well enough, this isn't for me looking for sympathy. Screw that noise.

Secondly, treatment is crazy expensive even with decent insurance. If you see a friend having a fund raiser, please give them something, anything, if you can afford it. Again, not for me, we're good. If you're somehow fortunate enough that you don't know anyone battling, there's always Chance for Hope.

In that vein, the last couple of Christmas's, I spoke to our boys, and told them that times were lean with all of the medical bills. I've always taught them to be fiscally responsible. We could still get them a bunch of presents however then we wouldn't be able to help the less fortunate the way we normally do. They instacalled to give assistance to those that needed things much more than them.

The ship has been righted since. I asked them both in November, three separate times, what they wanted this year. Our oldest requested some new sheets for his bed and a couple of pairs of jeans. The youngest, a new pair of shoes. That's it. Both were emphatic that we continue the tradition of helping others with the balance. What a freaking wonderful Christmas present to me. :heart:

Love you all and wishing you a wonderful Holiday!

What an incredible update, and thank you so much for sharing your perspective and words of wisdom. This post absolutely made my week! And while I will continue to pray for you as you deal with the challenges from your treatment, I celebrate the incredible gift you have given all of us by fighting to continue your story and sharing your journey. All the love to you my man!
You and your family are a major part of our inspiration. I spread your message all the time. Love you

Bob, that is such great news! It's so great to hear about your family and their support. Not everybody has that and it reflects upon the cultivation of their morals and manners, which you have so obviously been instrumental in shaping. Keep it going and keep the love alive!

Users who are viewing this thread