What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spotify (1 Viewer)

Isotopes

Footballguy
I recently discovered Spotify and while somewhat new to it, it seems head and shoulders better than iTunes. I am still in the premium trial period, but think I will definitely subscribe for $9.99 per month. It is basically unlimited music, and with an FM transmitter - there is now absolutely no reason for me to pay for XM subscriptions in the car or to make a purchase on iTunes again. It also eliminates any interest in Pandora for me. I am guessing that the Free version is riddled with commercials and advertisements.

Just had to share

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Spotify and cannot say enough good things about it, awesome product. From home to the car to work, you have seemingly unlimited music at your fingertips.

I couple with XM in the car, but cut XM streaming. Spotify is great for what it is, but content rules. I want my live sports and talk/news/music channels when I am in the car, and XM owns the live content arena.

If you can foot SiriusXM and Spotify, you should never have pay a dime ad-hoc for music content ever again. Total for me is ~ $16/month since I have a promo rate for XM Premium in the car that works out to about $6/mo.

I have the free and it's great. The commercials only pop up once every 6 or 7 songs and there is only one. The only drawback to the free is i can't get it on my Android, gotta go pay for that. But I don't need that at this time. Love it too because I can pull it up on my Onkyo home stereo or play it through my HTPC.

Free is great.

the best part is creating customizable playlists. I go to town on those depending on what mood I'm in.

And I like new subscribers so here they are if you are interested:

Old School R and B/Soul:

233 Songs, 17 hours (especially this one, I spent a LOT of time putting this together)

Under-rated Hip Hop

Christmas

138 songs, 7 hours

Free is great.

the best part is creating customizable playlists. I go to town on those depending on what mood I'm in.

And I like new subscribers so here they are if you are interested:

Old School R and B/Soul: http://open.spotify.com/user/1238498222/playlist/3Sj78gmtiaCooGnzHJVOzV

233 Songs, 17 hours

Under-rated Hip Hop

http://open.spotify.com/user/1238498222/playlist/5KLlNcERg3j4SmMEJKNvTL

Christmas

http://open.spotify.com/user/1238498222/playlist/7aFyOhJ3aAm3JfaCwyCGcD

138 songs, 7 hours
Good stuff - thanks.

My favorite thing of Spotify is hearing a random song on terrestrial radio or in a resturant that reminds you of an artist or genre; then you go back and not just listen to that song but the whole catalog of that artist. I'm discovering and rediscovering things all the time on here.

The only feature I wish it had (that I can't find if it does) is the ability to take a song and then see all the playlists that contain that song. I'm aware that you can radio station a song, but the exploration of different playlists is a little weak. This is nitpicking in an otherwise fantastic service.

I just do the free in my office and at home and I listen to podcasts in the car via iphone.

I use the App "We Are Hunted" for discovering new indie music. It's pretty good, but I wish there was something like SiriusXMU.

The only thing I don't like is that they're horrible at creating stations. Pandora is much better. And I can't figure out how to delete stations. It came with a Rihanna station and there's no way to get rid of it.

Hey Isotopes,

Can we change the title of the thread to Spotify Playlists? Let's try and get a crapload of playlists in here. I'm working on a few myself.

TIA

John Bender / Old School R & B / # of Songs / Link goes here

something formatted like this would be AWESOME

I've got a rock playlist for every year going back to 1980 right now, slowly working on the 70's. 2013 is a living document

http://open.spotify.com/user/juddzilla

Also some other one-off mixes. Pink Floyd and Beatles covers for instance. Some cheesy hair metal stuff

I've got a rock playlist for every year going back to 1980 right now, slowly working on the 70's. 2013 is a living documenthttp://open.spotify.com/user/juddzillaAlso some other one-off mixes. Pink Floyd and Beatles covers for instance
Spotify needs to work something out to get Pink Floyd on there with the quickness.

BroncoFreak

I did a bunch of playlists connected with the choice that were being bantered about in FBG Top 100 Songs thread on here that was done back a year or so ago...

FBG Top 100 Part 1 / 94 tracks / open.spotify.com/user/1220625809/playlist/6yXaawTkjANllE4TqZzUaK

FBG Top 100 Part 2 / 85 tracks / open.spotify.com/user/1220625809/playlist/2P7SQSeb4rTO7WkCLWhWSv

FBG Top 100 Part 3 / 111 tracks / open.spotify.com/user/1220625809/playlist/5lOsprMjLQsKaClzpF4c5G

FBG Top 100 Part 4 / 150 tracks / open.spotify.com/user/1220625809/playlist/3w9jTDj8hKiTQjzgFTawcx

FBG Top 100 Part 5 / 86 tracks / open.spotify.com/user/1220625809/playlist/3Cxw6dJpIDUkTzOQnxxuF9

BroncoFreak / FBG Top 100 Part 1 / 94 tracks / spotify:user:1220625809:playlist:6yXaawTkjANllE4TqZzUaKBroncoFreak / FBG Top 100 Part 2 / 85 tracks / spotify:user:1220625809:playlist:2P7SQSeb4rTO7WkCLWhWSv
How do I use this info to find you? Can't find anywhere on Spotify to enter it. :confused:

I've got a rock playlist for every year going back to 1980 right now, slowly working on the 70's. 2013 is a living documenthttp://open.spotify.com/user/juddzillaAlso some other one-off mixes. Pink Floyd and Beatles covers for instance. Some cheesy hair metal stuff
I love me some ZillaHair mixes.I also think the 40 Years, 40 Tracks idea was genius.

I've got a rock playlist for every year going back to 1980 right now, slowly working on the 70's. 2013 is a living documenthttp://open.spotify.com/user/juddzillaAlso some other one-off mixes. Pink Floyd and Beatles covers for instance. Some cheesy hair metal stuff
I love me some ZillaHair mixes.I also think the 40 Years, 40 Tracks idea was genius.
Yeah that was my birthday playlist last year, thanks gb

Anyone have a good 90s playlist that is alternative/pop? I have found rock and rap playlists for me, but can't find anything that my girlfriend likes without rap mixed in.

Dumb question here, but how do I search for playlists? For example, if I want a beach playlist and I want to see what other people have already put together...I can't figure out how to?

I don't understand why it shows grayed out tracks that aren't there anymore, in your playlists. Doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of them. Annoying.

If I buy the premium version, am I allowed to put my account on my wife's phone and my phone or will I have to buy 2 accounts?

If I buy the premium version, am I allowed to put my account on my wife's phone and my phone or will I have to buy 2 accounts?
You can have it everywhere (just use the same login). The catch is, only one device can play music at any time.

JZilla said:
I don't understand why it shows grayed out tracks that aren't there anymore, in your playlists. Doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of them. Annoying.
Grayed out songs in a playlist are because the track isn't available in this country or because playlist creator used a local copy of the song.

Grayed out songs in a playlist are because the track isn't available in this country or because playlist creator used a local copy of the song.
Yeah I knew why, I just didn't know how to get rid of them.. finally figured it out though. I'm an engineer!

BroncoFreak / FBG Top 100 Part 1 / 94 tracks / spotify:user:1220625809:playlist:6yXaawTkjANllE4TqZzUaKBroncoFreak / FBG Top 100 Part 2 / 85 tracks / spotify:user:1220625809:playlist:2P7SQSeb4rTO7WkCLWhWSv
How do I use this info to find you? Can't find anywhere on Spotify to enter it. :confused:
Just put those links in your browser address bar.
Is there any way to set up links so that it takes you right into the app?

If I create a playlist that conatins some songs from my library, that are not on spotify and I share my playlist, will others hear those songs, or will it skip them?

I absolutely love Spotify and have been a total concert from the iTunes ecosystem for a variety of reasons. Best 10 dollars I spend every month.

My problem? Spotify effed us hard by in the latest release killing off the "What's new?" tab. I used it religiously to keep up with and check out the new albums every week and discover new music. Anyone know why they did this?

See eg http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/What-happened-to-the-quot-What-s-New-quot-tab/td-p/398528
Yeah that's crap, now it's just a giant recommendation that I listen to some Sevendust again

I absolutely love Spotify and have been a total concert from the iTunes ecosystem for a variety of reasons. Best 10 dollars I spend every month.

My problem? Spotify effed us hard by in the latest release killing off the "What's new?" tab. I used it religiously to keep up with and check out the new albums every week and discover new music. Anyone know why they did this?

See eg http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/What-happened-to-the-quot-What-s-New-quot-tab/td-p/398528
Yeah that's crap, now it's just a giant recommendation that I listen to some Sevendust again
It's basically Pandora now. If I wanted Pandora, I'd have gotten Pandora. Quit recommending that I listen to another album by a band that I'm already listening to. Yes, I know about this band already.

Supposedly the rumor over at their community thread is that people were hammering the new music, and I guess Spotify pays royalties based on listens, and the new music is more expensive, and so they were getting killed. Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread