What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spouse gets hit with fed or state charges, do you try to take the fall? (2 Viewers)

Do you take the charge and the penalty?

• yes

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • no

Votes: 99 90.8%

• Total voters
I think I’d do it. No way my wife would do well in prison and I think I could handle it fine. The three jail stints I’ve done haven’t been all “that” bad. This would just be a bit longer.

Besides, the thought of having all day to sit around and watch tv and read without having to work sounds pretty good.

Take a bullet to save her life, yes.  Go to prison for her mistake, no.

And these conjugal visit you speak of, is this with my wife, or do I have something like, oh lets say, a line up from which I may choose? 

How much actual rape is going on in male prisons?  My thinking is that it's a pretty high rate, but I've heard (or read) that it's a lot less than one might think. 

How much actual rape is going on in male prisons?  My thinking is that it's a pretty high rate, but I've heard (or read) that it's a lot less than one might think. 
there's a youtube series called Fresh Out (SFW, it's just a former inmate interviewing other guys who have served time) that you might want to check out

sounds like there's quite a lot in the max prisons and such

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is any chance greater than zero that I get locked up with an Adebisi or a Schillinger, then hell to the ####### no!

So basically my choices are between

a. sending myself to prison where I'm locked in a cell all day and have to watch over my shoulder every minute to avoid being assaulted/raped/killed, and

b. having the house to myself for an extended time, where I can do whatever I want.

Tough call here.
Here's another common misperception.  

Less <> 0

Less is only important when deciding between in prison or out of prison.  Which one has less chance of me getting raped/shanked/quarfed etc.?
Need to know how often you post in the Politics forum to properly handicap it.

My wife? Yes, because any "crime" she would commit would have to have been for a noble reason.  She is a better person than I am and more valuable to our kids and society as a whole.  If any decision ever comes down to her or me, she wins every day and twice on Sunday.
So then what happens when she keeps breaking the law and gets caught.  Now you are both in prison.

Solid idea.

My wife? Yes, because any "crime" she would commit would have to have been for a noble reason.  She is a better person than I am and more valuable to our kids and society as a whole.  If any decision ever comes down to her or me, she wins every day and twice on Sunday.
Show her this thread and your response. Guaranteed it gets you laid! Good hubby!!

Bob Loblaw said:
I know a guy (friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend) who did 3 years in a minimum-security prison for embezzlement. He said that "rape" was nonexistent, but that most guys tend to "give in" to their sexual urges, and sooner or later the majority of them were willingly doing it with other guys. The tribal mentality takes over and most inmates just go with the flow. He said, "You just have to turn off your heterosexuality for a while."

As soon as he got out, he got back together with his old girlfriend and they ended up getting married and having a few kids. And he seems to live a fairly normal suburban life now.

I know a guy (friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend) who did 3 years in a minimum-security prison for embezzlement. He said that "rape" was nonexistent, but that most guys tend to "give in" to their sexual urges, and sooner or later the majority of them were willingly doing it with other guys. The tribal mentality takes over and most inmates just go with the flow. He said, "You just have to turn off your heterosexuality for a while."

As soon as he got out, he got back together with his old girlfriend and they ended up getting married and having a few kids. And he seems to live a fairly normal suburban life now.
So you are saying that he ended up going straight?

I would ask Saul Goodman if an associate of Jimmy "In-'N-Out" Kilkelly was available.

Although @Zow has a point of not making her crimes go away, in theory, if one could take the rap, Id say it depends. If she was doing something for the good of my kids that I knew about, I'd say yes. If she did something stupid on her own, she's out of luck. 

I think I’d do it. No way my wife would do well in prison and I think I could handle it fine. The three jail stints I’ve done haven’t been all “that” bad. This would just be a bit longer.

Besides, the thought of having all day to sit around and watch tv and read without having to work sounds pretty good.
This may need to be a thread GB. :popcorn:  

Bob Loblaw said:
Sure that could be one benefit but I assumed we were not supposed to factor that in.  

If I was the only breadwinner, no.

If she could take care of herself, yes.
As things are, we'd lose a lot if I went to jail. So I'm voting no if a conviction is at stake.

I'd serve the time if not for the second and third order effects.

Users who are viewing this thread