What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL 2 - 2012 (3 Viewers)

wtf is the hold up? I saw JeffP on line:SHRUGS: this draft is like watching old people screw, slow and deliberate
Sorry BSS, I was traveling today - on the road several hours. No text from anybody, but not sure what I could have done either at that point.I was online this AM - probably left the window open and that might be why it looked like I was here....I'm back and shouldn't hold things up further.

Crap, I was afraid this would happen. I was away from the internet for 4 hours and apparently my pick came up 2 hrs into it... Just FYI, I'm headed to Disney World this weekend, so I could lag a bit Fri-Mon.

Steve Smith, WR, CAR
If you need assistance, myself or others out of sequence for you can help.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
'MrTwo94 said:
Crap, I was afraid this would happen. I was away from the internet for 4 hours and apparently my pick came up 2 hrs into it... Just FYI, I'm headed to Disney World this weekend, so I could lag a bit Fri-Mon.

Steve Smith, WR, CAR
not to be a jerk, but if you knew you were going to disney land in the middle of a survivor draft, why would you agree to participate?

'Jeff Pasquino said:
'MrTwo94 said:

Steve Smith, WR, CAR
not to be a jerk, but if you knew you were going to disney land in the middle of a survivor draft, why would you agree to participate?
Best solution os to find someone in one of the other leagues to fill in while you are away.

3.15 Jermichael Finley

PM sent to Joffer.

Joffer, please PM Meno when you make your picks.

I'll be out the rest of the day. Picks sent to Meno and Jeff.

'Jeff Pasquino said:
'MrTwo94 said:

Steve Smith, WR, CAR
Wasn't really sure when this deal would start. Plus, it's not like I'm going to take over my 8 allowed hours to make a pick. I just won't be johnny on the spot like I would if I was near a computer. I'd prefer to keep my picks under 60 minutes (I'm in and out of the office a lot), so just wanted to warn you guys I won't be quite as fast. I'm not going to get to a point where you guys are forced to skip me. But if I see we're just a few spots away, I'll send someone a short list of my preferred picks. Who here checks this most frequently?
Whenever you stop by and if I've already picked, just send me your list if you're going to be busy and I'll take care of your next pick.Enjoy your vacation. It is May after all.... we do have an 8-hour clock for a reason.

I drafted SLs from Disney. Lists & phone in the pocket. I was bravely tolerant of the impatience around me.

'Jeff Pasquino said:
'MrTwo94 said:

Steve Smith, WR, CAR
OMG....I don't even know who you are anymore......

Err tried to post a pick of Dana Carvey as "Church Lady"

Who is that is making this pick? Could it be P-E-Y-T-O-N???

4.09 Peyton Manning QB DEN

Good, I get the QB I really wanted. Nothing quite like taking a guy with no real ground game and early bye.

Just stay healthy, Big Ben.

4.10 Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers

Good, I get the QB I really wanted. Nothing quite like taking a guy with no real ground game and early bye.

justifying your pick at the time and :thumbup: yourself always intimadates the rest of the league....well played.....look out SSL2....just playin.... ;)

justifying your pick at the time and :thumbup: yourself always intimadates the rest of the league....well played.....look out SSL2....just playin.... ;)
It's all good....gotta appreciate how I did a CYA with a "just stay healthy comment" :) I would have taken Romo or Big Ben here. I decided to go WR/WR at 2/3 knowing I'd probably get a good shot at one or both in Rd 4. Glad it worked out.

4.12 Matty "Ice" Ryan QB Atl

I am hoping by adding his frosty nickname it makes the pick look more shark-like. I may have painted myself into a corner this draft.

PM to TL

Brutal. I figured with Nit and Dom each going WR in 2 and 3 I'd have my choice of Stevie J or Desean J here. :thumbdown:

5.03 Antonio Brown WR PIT

Also FYI Stephen you have the WR#s doubled up on the master list

3.16 joffer - Dwayne Bowe - WR19 - KC

4.05 Shadowfax - Kenny Britt - WR19 - TEN

pming next.

5.05 Brandon Lloyd WR NE

Not sure I like the drop off in production last year and age, but the teams (plural) were likely more of an issue than the player.

PM to AR

Users who are viewing this thread