What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL3 OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD (2 Viewers)

Guys, I'm gonna be in the library studying most of the day for finals tomorrow. Please PM Tefertiller, he can get ahold of me, thanks.

Guys, I'm gonna be in the library studying most of the day for finals tomorrow. Please PM Tefertiller, he can get ahold of me, thanks.
I PM'd Jeff but you are AWOL.I'll PM you direct, also.

Added By Edit: box full.

Last edited by a moderator:
After tomorrow morning, my schedule is pretty clean for the next several days. I will be happy to take any and all picks via PM for anyone.

Glumpy sent his pick to Blue if I was reading the post correctly. I sent at least 1 PM to BK to let him know he was coming up on the clock.

4.13 Glumpy selects: Percy Harvin, WR, MIN

4.14 BK selects: Donald Driver, WR, GB

4.13 Glumpy selects: Percy Harvin, WR, MIN

4.14 BK selects: Donald Driver, WR, GB
Thanks for covering. :goodposting: Back in the am, probably early. It'd be really cool if we ever get to even a round a day. Any set timeframe would be good; early am best for me.

4.16 QB Matt Ryan5.01 TE Owen Daniels
I like that turn Ruds.........
Really? You think Matt Ryan is a top10 QB? I think more than a few owners were delighted by this pick.If you can get Romo or Rivers in the 2nd(he couldn't) and then Matt Ryan is going in the 4th...that's not much value IMHO. Ryan vs Brees/Rodgers/Romo/Rivers/Manning...he's not even close to that level right now. And you could get guys that will outperform Ryan or at least come very close IMHO 2-3 rounds out from here. He might as well have burned a 3rd on Matt Schaub who has a lot of 30+ weeks, Matt Ryan plays on a conservative offense. Sorry Aaron, but your a big boy you can handle it. I'm surprised we could pry you away from "VS" this evening.

4.16 QB Matt Ryan5.01 TE Owen Daniels
I like that turn Ruds.........
Really? You think Matt Ryan is a top10 QB? I think more than a few owners were delighted by this pick.If you can get Romo or Rivers in the 2nd(he couldn't) and then Matt Ryan is going in the 4th...that's not much value IMHO. Ryan vs Brees/Rodgers/Romo/Rivers/Manning...he's not even close to that level right now. And you could get guys that will outperform Ryan or at least come very close IMHO 2-3 rounds out from here. He might as well have burned a 3rd on Matt Schaub who has a lot of 30+ weeks, Matt Ryan plays on a conservative offense. Sorry Aaron, but your a big boy you can handle it. I'm surprised we could pry you away from "VS" this evening.
I put a lot more thought into my survivor team picks than just taking the next highest ranked player. Bye weeks are a factor, as is week to week consistency, and durability.That being said, even though most people think Ryan had a disappointing season in 2009, his TD passes showed a clear upward trend from 16 to 22 with the addition of Gonzalez. In the 13 full games he played, he threw for at least 1 TD pass in 12 of them and had multiple TD passes in 8 games. In a 6pt/TD scoring system, I'll gladly take that type of production from my QB1. Although I think he certainly has a chance to be a top-10 QB this year, I don't necessarily need him to be. I just need him to score consistently well every week and stay healthy to avoid elimination.Also, here is where he went in other similar drafts so far:PDSL1: 4.16 (QB9)PDSL2: 5.05 (QB10)PDSL3: 5.15 (QB14)PDSL4: 4.03 (QB8)Not sure how me taking him at 4.16 (QB10) here is really worth discussing all that much. The other QBs in this tier either had a bye week that didn't fit what I was looking for, or I felt were too risky and likely to have too many low scoring weeks. I think there will be a bigger dropoff at QB when my next two picks come up then there will be at RB or WR. But, with Chris Johnson and my top-2 WRs, I already feel like I should have an advantage over most teams at those positions so I wanted to try and solidify the QB and TE spots here. Now, I feel like my team has good balance (with no two players on the same bye yet) and I can look for best player available going forward without being forced to look at a specific position.QB Matt Ryan (8)RB Chris Johnson (9)WR Sidney Rice (4)WR Vincent Jackson (10)TE Owen Daniels (7)

Swinging for the fences here and trying something different--and hopefully giving some others some headache.

Really looking forward to seeing what Shanahan will do with this guy:

5.04 QB Donovan McNabb, Wash.

pm'n Dom

BassNBrew told me to make this pick for him...

5.08 Ronnie Brown, RB - MIA

Sure wish Bass had gone another direction in round 1.

Someone please pm next.

Users who are viewing this thread