What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL4 (2 Viewers)

Jeff Pasquino

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

04.08 QB4 Eli Manning NYG 4

07.09 QB26 Brad Johnson Min 6

01.09 RB11 Steven Jackson StL 7

06.08 RB30 Fred Taylor Jac 6

10.08 RB81 Duce Staley Pit 4

12.08 RB999 Cedric Cobbs Den 4

02.08 WR4 Larry Fitzgerald Ari 9

03.09 WR12 Donald Driver GB 6

08.08 WR40 Joe Jurevicius Cle 6

09.09 WR43 David Givens Ten 7

14.08 WR64 Jabar Gaffney Phi 9

18.08 WR67 Doug Gabriel Oak 3

05.09 TE8 Randy McMichael Mia 8

11.09 TE18 Jeb Putzier Hou 5

16.08 PK8 Lawrence Tynes KC 3

17.09 PK16 Kris Brown Hou 5

13.09 DEF7 Miami Mia 8

15.09 DEF30 Cleveland Cle 6

NOTE: Number after the position (i.e. TE37) indicates relative finish in 2005, not the 37th TE selected.
Ok, we're all taking shots here, so I will jump out of order and put my squad up next.Then I'll do 5 more tomorrow and the final 6 on Friday.

Quarterbacks

04.08 QB4 Eli Manning NYG 4

07.09 QB26 Brad Johnson Min 6

This is a solid pairing. Johnson always performs well, and Eli put up great numbers in his second season last year. Neither byes conflict, and Minnesota faces both GB and DET twice for extra scoring chances. Both QBs are blessed with solid TEs and pass catching RBs, so the passing offense will be in full force for both.

GRADE: A

I don't see two QB1s here. I'd grade this out closer to a B+.

Running Backs

01.09 RB11 Steven Jackson StL 7

06.08 RB30 Fred Taylor Jac 6

10.08 RB81 Duce Staley Pit 4

12.08 RB999 Cedric Cobbs Den 4

I got lucky - plain and simple. No way Fraud Taylor should have been there in the 6th (and he was REALLY there, unlike the Chris Brown entertainment in Round 8 :bag: ). SJax in Round 1 - I would have preferred Lamont Jordan who went just prior at 8, but you can't win them all. SJax / Taylor should be a nice pairing. Cobbs is a 12th round flyer in case he gets some carries in Denver. I hear good things on him, but it is May and consider the sources. Duce Staley will be a nice help on bye weeks if he gets the "Bettis role" in Pittsburgh.

GRADE: B

Again I think you're being a little generous. You're definately in the lower half of the RB squads. Good value for what you spent, but we're rating production, not draft acumen. Grade C+

Wide Receivers

02.08 WR4 Larry Fitzgerald Ari 9

03.09 WR12 Donald Driver GB 6

08.08 WR40 Joe Jurevicius Cle 6

09.09 WR43 David Givens Ten 7

14.08 WR64 Jabar Gaffney Phi 9

18.08 WR67 Doug Gabriel Oak 3

After the PDSL draft, I knew I had to focus harder here. Fitzgerald and Driver at 2/3 are going to lead my squad, and having a Top 5 and (what I believe is a) Top 15 WR as my WR1/2 combo is solid. I don't like the bye issues (2 6s, 2 9s) late, but the talent overcomes that. Jurevicius will be the #1 WR in Cleveland with Edwards out until at least October. (I almost picked Travis "Travelling Willbury" Wilson at 18.08 but didn't want to risk the byes any more). Givens is a big target and will be a nice WR in Tennessee. Gaffney was a STEAL in round 14. He will be the #2 WR in Philly and will wind up with 60+ catches. Gabriel was a later flyer with a decent bye week. He was drafted about WR80 in PDSL, so a slight bargain. He has big game possibilities as well.

No argument here.

Tight Ends

05.09 TE8 Randy McMichael Mia 8

11.09 TE18 Jeb Putzier Hou 5

Not the total TEs I wanted (Zach Hilton, where are you?). McMichael is a PPR machine. He will finish Top 10 at TE again this year with little fanfare. Putzier will breathe life back in to the TE position in Houston, something missing since Billy Miller left a few years ago.

GRADE: B+

Again I think you're high. A middle of the pack TE1 and a putz does yield a B+. I'm thinking B-.

Kickers

16.08 PK8 Lawrence Tynes KC 3

17.09 PK16 Kris Brown Hou 5

OK - I really almost went with one kicker. Had Marshall Faulk been there still in Round 17, I was grabbing him. He would have been too good of a pairing / handcuff with SJax. That's why I went Tynes at 16.08 - early bye (3). That way I could take a zero and live if I only went with 1 K. I knew I'd go PK2 if Faulk went, and that's what happened. Good pick, BnB :hot: . Kris Brown and Tynes will put up good points for me.

Ditto

Defenses

13.09 DEF7 Miami Mia 8

15.09 DEF30 Cleveland Cle 6

I loved this pairing in PDSL - which fell in my lap as the schedule wasn't announced until the last 4 rounds of the draft. Miami is on a bye? Cleveland plays the Jets. Cleveland on a bye? Miami plays the Jets. Love that.

Dude, anyone drafting Cleveland doesn't warrant an A. Grade B

Overall

I really think I got a great team here, despite some risktaking at RB2. WRs are solid, QBs and RBs as well with Fred Taylor falling to me. Could have gone better if some more people fell, but you can't ask for everything. Picking in the middle was tough. Reacting rather than dictating runs was problematic. There seemed to be easier teams to draft against in the bottom half of the order, so if I left a talent go back to the top I knew he was gone (Reggie Brown, Zach Hilton, Marshall Faulk, Maurice Drew - all casualties). Can't get them all. No major bye issues other than 2 WRs off (out of 6) in Weeks 6 and 9, but that should be survivable. Week 6 is toughest with Taylor and BJohnson also off, but after that this team should be a Final 4 candidate.

OVERALL GRADE: A-
Despite bumping several of your grades down, I'd grade the overall product at a B+. I don't think you got good value with your TE picks which prevents me from giving this team an A. Shuffle those TE picks around and you could have made a strong team a dominant one.
First off BnB, thanks for the critique. Time will certainly tell.Before I debate the comments, I request a bit of clarification:

Do you mean here that you don't see 2 starters, or two Top 16 QBs? I think it is the latter more than the former, but I wanted to ask.And for TEs:

Again I think you're high. A middle of the pack TE1 and a putz does yield a B+. I'm thinking B-.

I don't think you got good value with your TE picks which prevents me from giving this team an A. Shuffle those TE picks around and you could have made a strong team a dominant one.
My question is - what do you mean by "shuffle those TE picks around"?

Weaker 6

Ahrn WR Rod Smith v CLE, Antonio Bryant v DEN, Roddy White v NYG

Jeff QB E Manning v ATL, RB S. Jackson v SEA, Staley v KC, WR Fitz v CHI, Gabriel v DEN, Gaffney v NO

OM RB Edge v Chi, Barlow v SD

Ugliest Week of SSL4 Award goes to

JMon

QB Rivers v SF, Leinert v Chi,

RB KJones v BUF, McCallister v PHI, DeAng Williams v Bal

WR Porter v DEN, Roy Williams v BUF WR3 Mr. Zippy

TE Jolley v MIA,

K MIA (as in Missing)

Weaker 7

BnB RB C. Williams v PHI, C. Perry v CAR, TE S. Alexander v CLE

Duck K…0, TE LJ Smith v TB

Jeff RB F Taylor v Hou, Staley v ATL, Cobbs v the dawg pound

Pictus RB Westbrook v TB, Jacobs v DAL, M. Morris v MIN, WR Houshman v CAR, Engram v MIN, Chad Jackson v BUF

HTF TE…0
For the record - I have Givens as well on Week 6 at WR, and Cobbs at RB3.

Weaker 6

Jeff QB E Manning v ATL, RB S. Jackson v SEA, Staley v KC, WR Fitz v CHI, Gabriel v DEN, Gaffney v NO

JMon

TE Jolley v MIA,

K MIA (as in Missing)

Weaker 7

Pictus RB Westbrook v TB, Jacobs v DAL, M. Morris v MIN, WR Houshman v CAR, Engram v MIN, Chad Jackson v BUF

HTF TE…0
JMon in Week 6 :bye: (if not before)

First off BnB, thanks for the critique. Time will certainly tell.

Before I debate the comments, I request a bit of clarification:

I don't see two QB1s here.  I'd grade this out closer to a B+.
Do you mean here that you don't see 2 starters, or two Top 16 QBs? I think it is the latter more than the former, but I wanted to ask.And for TEs:

Again I think you're high.  A middle of the pack TE1 and a putz does yield a B+.  I'm thinking B-.

I don't think you got good value with your TE picks which prevents me from giving this team an A.  Shuffle those TE picks around and you could have made a strong team a dominant one.
I meant two top 16 QBs. To be an "A", I would like to see upper tier QB1 (Manning may fit the description) and a solid QB1 (in the 9-14 range with some upside potential). You're close, but not quite there. I don't see Johnson posting too many scores for your team.Regarding the TEs...

BnB - Heap 4.10, Troupe 10.10

JeffP - McMichael 5.9, Putzier 11.9

First of all, I hope you give me an "A+" if you have yours ranked as an "A". I don't think difference is even debateable. Substitute Troupe for Putzier and you're sniffing "A" territory (although that will depend on individaul opinions about McMichael). I think you overpaid for both of your TEs, especially relative to the value you picked up at other spots (ref. Taylor in the 6th). Realize that I'm probably being overly critical and holding you to a "perfect draft" standard which is easier to do in hindsight then when you're deciphering on the fly where the next run will be. Sometimes the perfect draft isn't obtainable based on the picks of others that you have no control over.

First off BnB, thanks for the critique. Time will certainly tell.

I don't think you got good value with your TE picks which prevents me from giving this team an A. Shuffle those TE picks around and you could have made a strong team a dominant one.
I meant two top 16 QBs. To be an "A", I would like to see upper tier QB1 (Manning may fit the description) and a solid QB1 (in the 9-14 range with some upside potential). You're close, but not quite there. I don't see Johnson posting too many scores for your team.Regarding the TEs...

First of all, I hope you give me an "A+" if you have yours ranked as an "A". I don't think difference is even debateable. Substitute Troupe for Putzier and you're sniffing "A" territory (although that will depend on individaul opinions about McMichael). I think you overpaid for both of your TEs, especially relative to the value you picked up at other spots (ref. Taylor in the 6th). Realize that I'm probably being overly critical and holding you to a "perfect draft" standard which is easier to do in hindsight then when you're deciphering on the fly where the next run will be. Sometimes the perfect draft isn't obtainable based on the picks of others that you have no control over.
I agree I overgraded my TEs - I just wanted to clarify the point you were making.Ideally I'd have had LJ Smith and Zach Hilton, but picking where I was I had to react rather than dictate the runs. I missed LJ by 1 pick I believe, but McMichael is about the same value.

TE2 - Hilton >> Putz, and yes I'd like to have had someone who was definitely going to catch 50+ this season. I'm not saying Putz won't, because he can, but the likelihood is far less for him.

I didn't give my TEs an A - I gave them a B+. You gave them a B-. I'd settle at a B and call it even.

QBs - I stick with an A - at worst an A-. BJohnson is underrated and is a Top 12-16 QB. Moreover, he is capable of throwing for 3-4 TDs in a game, which many after him are not. Without looking it up, I'd be interested to see how many 3+ TD games he has.

RBs - Good point on the grade. I'll downtick my grade to a B-. I was being a bit generous.

Defenses - I like the pairing, but we should NEVER argue over defenses. They're almost as bad as kickers. I got 2 with a clearly good one (Miami) and a team that covers their bye well. That's an A every time in my book. I'd give Chicago and SF an A.

Overall, relatively speaking and from picking in the dead middle, I still give my team an A-, but wouldn't be offended with an A-/B+ hybrid grade.

QB: A- , RB: B-, WR: A, TE: B, K: A, D: A

With WRs carrying so much weight, the "A" there pulls this team up to a collective "A-" rather easily.

Here's a good question - What impact do you have for each position to the team production? That is, based on 100%, what % value is each position?

I'd go:

QB: 15%

RB: 20%

WR: 35%

TE: 15%

K: 7.5%

D: 7.5%

So, K + D = QB = TE, which are all trumped by the RB group, then all by the WR group.

Might make for some interesting conversation.

Night folks.

First off BnB,  thanks for the critique. Time will certainly tell.

I don't see two QB1s here.  I'd grade this out closer to a B+.

Again I think you're high.  A middle of the pack TE1 and a putz does yield a B+.  I'm thinking B-.

I don't think you got good value with your TE picks which prevents me from giving this team an A.  Shuffle those TE picks around and you could have made a strong team a dominant one.

I agree I overgraded my TEs - I just wanted to clarify the point you were making.Ideally I'd have had LJ Smith and Zach Hilton, but picking where I was I had to react rather than dictate the runs. I missed LJ by 1 pick I believe, but McMichael is about the same value.

TE2 - Hilton >> Putz, and yes I'd like to have had someone who was definitely going to catch 50+ this season. I'm not saying Putz won't, because he can, but the likelihood is far less for him.

I didn't give my TEs an A - I gave them a B+. You gave them a B-. I'd settle at a B and call it even.

QBs - I stick with an A - at worst an A-. BJohnson is underrated and is a Top 12-16 QB. Moreover, he is capable of throwing for 3-4 TDs in a game, which many after him are not. Without looking it up, I'd be interested to see how many 3+ TD games he has.

RBs - Good point on the grade. I'll downtick my grade to a B-. I was being a bit generous.

Defenses - I like the pairing, but we should NEVER argue over defenses. They're almost as bad as kickers. I got 2 with a clearly good one (Miami) and a team that covers their bye well. That's an A every time in my book. I'd give Chicago and SF an A.

Overall, relatively speaking and from picking in the dead middle, I still give my team an A-, but wouldn't be offended with an A-/B+ hybrid grade.

QB: A- , RB: B-, WR: A, TE: B, K: A, D: A

With WRs carrying so much weight, the "A" there pulls this team up to a collective "A-" rather easily.

Here's a good question - What impact do you have for each position to the team production? That is, based on 100%, what % value is each position?

I'd go:

So, K + D = QB = TE, which are all trumped by the RB group, then all by the WR group.

Night folks.
Johnson 3+ TD games2005 1

2004 0

2003 3

2002 3

I actually calculated your % question a couple of years ago based on AVT with these rules for an analysis article I did for the Staff/Messageboard challenge. Working off the top of my head it was something like: WR 31%, RB 29%, QB 13%, TE 14%, D 8%, K 5%. I debunked the staff QB squeeze strategy before it played into total failure.

Weaker 6

JMon

TE Jolley v MIA,

K MIA (as in Missing)

Weaker 7

HTF TE…0
what's this stuff?

Consolidated some of the Uglier weeks ahead for some of us.

Hoping to survive until it gets ugly. With my low expectations and draft mishaps, nobody wants be out before me. Hoping to make it at least half way...

Some team positions isolated due to byes

Weaker 3

Construx RBs Gore v PHI & Fisher v ARZ

Jeter RBs Bensen v MIN & Addai v JAX

Stauff K…0

BnB QB Grossman v MIN

Duckboy RB Pittman v CAR & G Jones v IND

Jmills QB Simms v CAR

Weaker 4

Construx WR DJax v @ CHI, Ma Clayton v SD, Henry v NE

Stauff RB Lewis v Green

Ahrn WR A. Bryant v Oak, Stokley v NYJ, White v ARZ, Davis v CIN

onnyT No D

JMills TE Pope v Atl

Uruk RB Dillon v CIN, TJ Duck v ARZ

Hear RB McGah v MIN, Not the NYJ starters v IND + 1qb & 2 wr less

Weaker 5

Arn RB JJones v PHI, Bryson Min

BnB K…0

OM QB Griese v BUF, TE Royal v CHI

DonnieT WR Coles v JAX, Battle v OAK, Mr zippy

Pictus WR Holt v GB, Berrian v BUF, Chad Jackson v MIA

JMills RB Droughns v CAR, Gado v STL, Calhoun v MIN

Then week 6 & 7 looms

Weaker 6

Jeff QB E Manning v ATL, RB S. Jackson v SEA, Staley v KC, Cobbs v OAK WR Fitz v CHI, Gabriel v DEN, Gaffney v NO, Givens v WAS

JMon QB Rivers v SF, Leinert v Chi,

TE Jolley v MIA,

K MIA (as in Missing)

Weaker 7

HTF TE…0

Last edited by a moderator:
Weaker 6

JMon

TE Jolley v MIA,

K MIA (as in Missing)

Weaker 7

BnB  RB C. Williams v PHI, C. Perry  v CAR, TE S. Alexander v CLE

Duck K…0,  TE LJ Smith  v TB

Jeff  RB F Taylor v Hou, Staley v ATL, Cobbs v the dawg pound

Pictus RB Westbrook v TB, Jacobs v DAL,  M. Morris v MIN, WR Houshman v CAR, Engram v MIN, Chad Jackson v BUF

HTF TE…0
what's this stuff?
Colaborating evidence that BnB will oVVn DonnyT this year.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9445297

Adam Schefter's "Around the League" reports and commentaries can be seen regularly on NFL Total Access.

(May 17, 2006) -- Slowly but surely, it is looking as if Carson Palmer is going from the Bengals' chief concern to the Chiefs'.

During the past two days of the Bengals' Organized Team Activities, Palmer was on the field and moving in a way that few would have expected after he tore his left anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament Jan. 8 during a playoff loss to Pittsburgh.

On May 16, according to Bengals witnesses, Palmer zigzagged through four pads to his left, zigzagged back through the same four pads to his right and began rifling the football in the way Cincinnati has become accustomed to seeing. After watching Palmer work out, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said he fully expected his quarterback to be ready for Cincinnati's regular-season opener Sept. 10 at Kansas City.
:bye: :pickle:

Weaker 6

JMon

TE Jolley v MIA,

K MIA (as in Missing)

Weaker 7

HTF TE…0
what's this stuff?
:goodposting: :lmao:

I'd go:

I actually calculated your % question a couple of years ago based on AVT with these rules for an analysis article I did for the Staff/Messageboard challenge. Working off the top of my head it was something like: WR 31%, RB 29%, QB 13%, TE 14%, D 8%, K 5%. I debunked the staff QB squeeze strategy before it played into total failure.
Wow - looks like I was pretty much dead on. Slightly higher on RB than I expected, but other than that, I was really close on all the others, and QB==TE.I still believe WR>RB by more than 31% to 29%.

Weaker 6

JMon

TE Jolley v MIA,

K MIA (as in Missing)

Weaker 7

Pictus RB Westbrook v TB, Jacobs v DAL,  M. Morris v MIN, WR Houshman v CAR, Engram v MIN, Chad Jackson v BUF

HTF TE…0
what's this stuff?
i guess so..but if you dont realize I was being sarcastic then it might you be that gets owned. Also do you really beleive half this stuff means ANYTHING? Half these match ups are GOOD SA vs Cleve and most only can happen if players go down..almost menaingless right now is what I thought most of you would get form my post..but not you huh? hmmm...wake up BNB your playing with a shark here.

Jeff I know your going to hate my team with just four wr's so if you want just skip it...these things do not always go by the book..

Dave Stauff

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

12.12 QB38 Chad Pennington NYJ 9

08.12 QB41 Billy Volek Ten 7

07.05 QB49 Jon Kitna Det 8

01.05 RB4 Tiki Barber NYG 4

02.12 RB28 Jamal Lewis Bal 7

03.05 RB52 Ahman Green GB 6

06.12 RB82 Ron Dayne Den 4

05.05 WR31 Lee Evans Buf 8

04.12 WR33 Andre Johnson Hou 5

13.05 WR47 Travis Taylor Min 6

09.05 WR55 Braylon Edwards Cle 6

14.12 WR73 Cedrick Wilson Pit 4

15.05 WR999 Todd Pinkston Phi 9

11.05 TE30 Alex Smith TB 4

10.12 TE71 Kellen Winslow Jr. Cle 6

16.12 PK7 Nate Kaeding SD 3

17.05 DEF32 Houston Hou 5

18.12 DEF19 Tennessee Ten 7

NOTE: Number after the position (i.e. TE37) indicates relative finish in 2005, not the 37th TE selected.
Quarterbacks

Yikes. Volek, Pennington and Kitna. One of these three had better be a starter, or this group is in serious trouble. Volek is the top candidate, but he hasn't proven much on the NFL level. Kitna is next in Detroit and has a lot of WRs to work with, but there is a ton of risk in this group. I can see the reasoning in getting 3 QBs, but I would have tried to get Vince Young over Pennington to at least cover a team.

GRADE: C-

Running Backs

Good to great group here, but RB-RB-RB likely will cost this team at other spots. It will be hard to find a better foursome around the league. Green has health issues and Mike Anderson challenges Lewis, but this is a top group.

Wide Receivers

Ok, we found where the effects of going RBx3 to start the draft are. WR1 - Andre Johnson? The 19th WR taken won't set the world on fire. Lee Evans as WR2 is ok, but waiting again for Edwards (who is likely missing September at the LEAST) in the 9th and then not getting another WR until Round 13 again hurt. Travis Taylor, Cedrick Wilson and Todd Pinkston won't excite many this year - one could be a decent WR3, but this is overall a weak group.

Tight Ends

KW2 is a risky TE, and that position should have been covered earlier than the 10th with 2 PPR. Alex Smith is a decent TE2, but without a TE1 this position is another liability.

GRADE: C

Kicker

One kicker with an early bye. Shouldn't be a problem, but still not getting an A.

Defenses

Late picks on defense didn't cost Dave that much. Both teams should post ok numbers, and no bye issues. No stellar defense, but still pretty good.

GRADE: A-

Overall

Dave emphasized RB early and paid a dear price. He also slept on TE and paid there as well. WRs and QBs are suffering across his team, and that's about 50% of his scoring as we talked about above. That's too much of a liability. It is also somewhat of a risk that he took the TE and an injured WR from Cleveland.

OVERALL GRADE: C.

Edited to change to overall grade to a C. C- was slightly harsh.

Weaker 6

JMon

TE Jolley v MIA,

K MIA (as in Missing)

Weaker 7

HTF TE…0
what's this stuff?
i guess so..but if you dont realize I was being sarcastic then it might you be that gets owned. Also do you really beleive half this stuff means ANYTHING? Half these match ups are GOOD SA vs Cleve and most only can happen if players go down..almost menaingless right now is what I thought most of you would get form my post..but not you huh? hmmm...wake up BNB your playing with a shark here.
Warning: It's not safe to swim. :D Total Point Rankings

Team Tot Back

4. Hear-the-Footsteps 3082.50 0.00

14. jurb26 3005.58 76.92

11. Dickey Moe 2917.26 165.24

13. Chumpson 2877.90 204.60

6. Construx Boy 2844.26 238.24

5. Wheelhouse 2822.98 259.52

1. Nittany Lion 2799.76 282.74

2. Yellowdog 2748.10 334.40

7. There it is 2680.34 402.16

15. CalBear 2674.20 408.30

8. Podunker 2602.52 479.98

12. bri 2598.22 484.28

16. Perry Van Hook 2586.24 496.26

3. Iwannabeacowboybaby 2539.98 542.52

9. Donnyt33 2472.48 610.02

10. Jwdcw 2181.24 901.26

:bye:

Weaker 6

JMon

TE Jolley v MIA,

K MIA (as in Missing)

Weaker 7

HTF TE…0
what's this stuff?

Team Tot Back

14. jurb26 3005.58 76.92

12. bri 2598.22 484.28

10. Jwdcw 2181.24 901.26

Man, I was 1st or 2nd in that league for the first 14 weeks or so and then the wheels came off at the end. :(

Ahrncitypunder

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

05.06 QB1 Carson Palmer Cin 5

04.11 QB8 Jake Delhomme Car 9

01.06 RB13 Domanick Davis Hou 5

02.11 RB14 Warrick Dunn Atl 5

03.06 RB19 Julius Jones Dal 3

15.06 RB48 Shawn Bryson Det 8

06.11 WR13 Rod Smith Den 4

07.06 WR19 Jimmy Smith Jac 6

09.06 WR26 Antonio Bryant SF 7

10.11 WR65 Brandon Stokley Ind 6

12.11 WR68 Roddy White Atl 5

18.11 WR105 Andre' Davis NE 6

11.06 TE15 Marcus Pollard Det 8

08.11 TE16 Heath Miller Pit 4

16.11 PK5 Jeff Reed Pit 4

17.06 PK22 John Carney NO 7

14.11 DEF11 Denver Den 4

13.06 DEF17 Dallas Dal 3

Quarterbacks

05.06 QB1 Carson Palmer Cin 5

04.11 QB8 Jake Delhomme Car 9

Solid group of 2 QBs here. Palmer, if healthy, is a steal at QB8. Jake D will cover Palmer until he is healthy, as he never seems to get hurt and his bye is late. One of the best pairs in SSL4.

Running Backs

01.06 RB13 Domanick Davis Hou 5

02.11 RB14 Warrick Dunn Atl 5

03.06 RB19 Julius Jones Dal 3

15.06 RB48 Shawn Bryson Det 8

Dominick Davis is a good pick to start as RB1, slightly early selection but ACP must love his PPR potential this year. Health concerns always exist for him, but this is best ball. Dunn is a solid RB2 and could produce as RB1 type numbers if he ever gets in the end zone. JJones is a good value - but 3 RB picks in a row are going to hurt the WRs. Bryson is only valuable in Week 5 to cover a bye.

Wide Receivers

06.11 WR13 Rod Smith Den 4

07.06 WR19 Jimmy Smith Jac 6

09.06 WR26 Antonio Bryant SF 7

10.11 WR65 Brandon Stokley Ind 6

12.11 WR68 Roddy White Atl 5

18.11 WR105 Andre' Davis NE 6

Wide receivers. Obviously, the loss of Jimmy Smith (retired) hurts this group. But I'll take a look at the strategy rather than his loss. Six WRs is a good idea in SSL, but waiting until late in Round 6 to get your first WR is a dangerous proposition. I would have foregone JJones and taken the 13th WR off of ACP's list at that point to secure a legit WR1. This group is all over the place after Rod Smith (who is now likely a WR2, despite being a PPR machine). Adding Javon Walker to Denver will reduce Smith's production without question. Bryant is the best candidate for WR2 at this point (would have been the likely 3). Stokely, White and Davis are all WR 3s on their teams and won't provide much. Byes hurt slightly with 2 of 5 (Remaining) off on Week 6.

GRADE (pre-JSmith retirement): B/B-

GRADE (post-JSmith retirement): C-/D+

Tight Ends

11.06 TE15 Marcus Pollard Det 8

08.11 TE16 Heath Miller Pit 4

Miller will likely get more work this year - ARE is gone and Big Ben is a year better. I'd see him as the 2nd most targeted receiver this year. Pollard is a decent TE2.

Kickers

16.11 PK5 Jeff Reed Pit 4

17.06 PK22 John Carney NO 7

Two kickers, one homer pick ;) . NO will put up points and Reed kicks in a bad stadium, but both should be just fine.

Defenses

14.11 DEF11 Denver Den 4

13.06 DEF17 Dallas Dal 3

Two very good defenses with early byes. Probably the best pair in SSL4.

GRADE: A+

Overall

No question Jimmy Smith's abrupt retirement hurts. If Smith was still active, you're looking at a team with all B's and higher and a Top 4 candidate. The loss of Smith hurts deeply because of the importance at WR. Hopefully others can compensate, but I believe this team can make it to the upper half of SSL4.

GRADE (before JS): A-

GRADE (after JS): B+

Weaker 6

JMon

TE Jolley v MIA,

K MIA (as in Missing)

Weaker 7

HTF TE…0
what's this stuff?

Team Tot Back

14. jurb26 3005.58 76.92

12. bri 2598.22 484.28

10. Jwdcw 2181.24 901.26

again you show me nothing..just like that league means nothing....was that a survivor league bnb? what kind of league was that? Did injuries deterine the winners? Stop, or shall I start posting my wining leagues here all day and night, week month year?I got crippled in that league which was a brand new format that nobody ever tried before becasue it was only thought up on the fly last year..get real.

Weaker 6

JMon

TE Jolley v MIA,

K MIA (as in Missing)

Weaker 7

HTF TE…0
what's this stuff?

Team Tot Back

14. jurb26 3005.58 76.92

12. bri 2598.22 484.28

10. Jwdcw 2181.24 901.26

just wondering how mnay points did you score in that league format BNB? I would have admited i did poorly but I did have injuries early on that left me no chance...shall i go find some of your better finishes or should I just wait until week 7 this year? :yawn:

Dave Stauff 

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

18.12  DEF19  Tennessee  Ten  7

NOTE:  Number after the position (i.e. TE37) indicates relative finish in 2005, not the 37th TE selected.
Quarterbacks

Yikes. Volek, Pennington and Kitna. One of these three had better be a starter, or this group is in serious trouble. Volek is the top candidate, but he hasn't proven much on the NFL level. Kitna is next in Detroit and has a lot of WRs to work with, but there is a ton of risk in this group. I can see the reasoning in getting 3 QBs, but I would have tried to get Vince Young over Pennington to at least cover a team.

Running Backs

Good to great group here, but RB-RB-RB likely will cost this team at other spots. It will be hard to find a better foursome around the league. Green has health issues and Mike Anderson challenges Lewis, but this is a top group.

Wide Receivers

Ok, we found where the effects of going RBx3 to start the draft are. WR1 - Andre Johnson? The 19th WR taken won't set the world on fire. Lee Evans as WR2 is ok, but waiting again for Edwards (who is likely missing September at the LEAST) in the 9th and then not getting another WR until Round 13 again hurt. Travis Taylor, Cedrick Wilson and Todd Pinkston won't excite many this year - one could be a decent WR3, but this is overall a weak group.

Tight Ends

KW2 is a risky TE, and that position should have been covered earlier than the 10th with 2 PPR. Alex Smith is a decent TE2, but without a TE1 this position is another liability.

Kicker

One kicker with an early bye. Shouldn't be a problem, but still not getting an A.

Defenses

Late picks on defense didn't cost Dave that much. Both teams should post ok numbers, and no bye issues. No stellar defense, but still pretty good.

Overall

Dave emphasized RB early and paid a dear price. He also slept on TE and paid there as well. WRs and QBs are suffering across his team, and that's about 50% of his scoring as we talked about above. That's too much of a liability. It is also somewhat of a risk that he took the TE and an injured WR from Cleveland.

OVERALL GRADE: C-.
Great assessment of my strengths and shortcomings. You're right about my reliance on RBs early on . . . it didn't register with me early how many players come off the board in a 16 team draft, so I got caught short - especially at WR. I'm not displeased with Winslow at TE - could easily be top 10, especially if Edwards can't go for a while (he was my brain fart pick). I did consider Vince Young over Pennington, but when you delay/defer your 1st QB pick as long as I did, I felt I had to take a chance on drafting three "starters" and hoping to get a monster week from one of the three each week. Drafting Young would have left me with only two QBs each week (one for byes) and no stud QB whose coattails to ride. Admittedly, none of my three are guaranteed to start, but my crystal ball says at least two will and, if I get the third, production from my QBBC will have to be reckoned with. What's my grade if I've gambled well and all three are starters?Another "fault" I'd label me with is the "wishful thinking" approach I took to drafting players coming off of injuries. I've got a boatload of them (Green, Pennington, Edwards, Pinkston, Winslow) that will provide great value based on where they were selected IF they can resume productive careers - but that's a big IF.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Dave Stauff

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

Quarterbacks

Running Backs

Wide Receivers

Tight Ends

Kicker

Defenses

Overall

Great assessment of my strengths and shortcomings. You're right about my reliance on RBs early on . . . it didn't register with me early how many players come off the board in a 16 team draft, so I got caught short - especially at WR. I'm not displeased with Winslow at TE - could easily be top 10, especially if Edwards can't go for a while (he was my brain fart pick). I did consider Vince Young over Pennington, but when you delay/defer your 1st QB pick as long as I did, I felt I had to take a chance on drafting three "starters" and hoping to get a monster week from one of the three each week. Drafting Young would have left me with only two QBs each week (one for byes) and no stud QB whose coattails to ride. Admittedly, none of my three are guaranteed to start, but my crystal ball says at least two will and, if I get the third, production from my QBBC will have to be reckoned with. What's my grade if I've gambled well and all three are starters?Another "fault" I'd label me with is the "wishful thinking" approach I took to drafting players coming off of injuries. I've got a boatload of them (Green, Pennington, Edwards, Pinkston, Winslow) that will provide great value based on where they were selected IF they can resume productive careers - but that's a big IF.

Dave,Glad you enjoyed the process. Now you can improve for next time for sure.

Oddly enough - Volek is currently projected as a QB1 by Dodds.

below is what BNB is so proud of..and alas i was able to check my teams roster..all that happened to me was that I lost my #1 QB..#1 and 2 RB's and #1 WR to injuries within the first 1-7 weeks in a total points leauge..come on BNB you can do better than this to talk crap with?

14. LHUCKS 3148.82 0.00

4. Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll 3020.60 128.22

3. Jason Wood 2865.10 283.72

12. Carlton Gray 2839.80 309.02

9. Twilight 2828.80 320.02

2. Unlucky 2821.90 326.92

1. Family Matters 2764.18 384.64

13. BassNBrew 2756.74 392.08

6. Bostonfred 2745.62 403.20

7. Joe T 2724.96 423.86

8. Ken Maxwell 2678.62 470.20

5. Bueno 2671.48 477.34

15. PurpleHaze67 2531.12 617.70

10. Ron White 2428.80 720

Dave Stauff 

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

18.12  DEF19  Tennessee  Ten  7

NOTE:  Number after the position (i.e. TE37) indicates relative finish in 2005, not the 37th TE selected.
Quarterbacks

Running Backs

Wide Receivers

Tight Ends

Kicker

Defenses

Overall

why is that so odd? Of course Volek will be the man this year..why would you ever think not? McNair is GONE and Young is a rookie and will be brought along until he is ready and Tenn is out of it and even then he may not play until next year.

below is what BNB is so proud of..and alas i was able to check my teams roster..all that happened to me was that I lost my #1 QB..#1 and 2 RB's and #1 WR to injuries within the first 1-7 weeks in a total points leauge..come on BNB you can do better than this to talk crap with?

14. LHUCKS 3148.82 0.00

7. Joe T 2724.96 423.86

5. Bueno 2671.48 477.34

You didn't lose your QB as it was a "team" QB. We all suffered injuries, yet I still outscored you by two weeks worth of points. The point of this is that you were all cocky last year about how you were going to dominate that league and your superior draft strategies. Now all you talk about is how it was a a first year trial. Just for your future reference, bad drafts are formally referred to as "white papers" where you were testing a new theory around these parts.

14. LHUCKS 3148.82 0.00

7. Joe T 2724.96 423.86

5. Bueno 2671.48 477.34

You didn't lose your QB as it was a "team" QB. We all suffered injuries, yet I still outscored you by two weeks worth of points. The point of this is that you were all cocky last year about how you were going to dominate that league and your superior draft strategies. Now all you talk about is how it was a a first year trial. Just for your future reference, bad drafts are formally referred to as "white papers" where you were testing a new theory around these parts.
so you are boasting about your 10th place finish and the same league style?and now you stooping to puting words in my mouth? I never said anything about superior draft strategies..stop the bull####..I had no exact strategy in that draft..it was a one of a kind a first ever draft/rules league..almost everyone had a different approach and i got killed with injuries..ya losing Culpepper was not big..i know you love BJ so much huh?..stop the bull####....do you even remember what the draft/league rules were BNB..without looking now?..so OK i only lost my #1 and 2 RB's and #1 WR..sorry..stop being an ###..enough..lets play in a REAL league or two together this year for and see what happens..I WILL PUT MY MONEY UP or play anyway you want in REAL FF EAGUE..NEED I HAVE TO SAY ANYMORE? ENDED UNTIL WE PLAY FOR CASH..later

MONEY TALKS BULL#### WALKS..

Donny

14. LHUCKS 3148.82 0.00

7. Joe T 2724.96 423.86

5. Bueno 2671.48 477.34

so you are boasting about your 10th place finish and the same league style?and now you stooping to puting words in my mouth? I never said anything about superior draft strategies..stop the bull####..I had no exact strategy in that draft..it was a one of a kind a first ever draft/rules league..almost everyone had a different approach and i got killed with injuries..ya losing Culpepper was not big..i know you love BJ so much huh?..stop the bull####....do you even remember what the draft/league rules were BNB..without looking now?..so OK i only lost my #1 and 2 RB's and #1 WR..sorry..stop being an ###..enough..lets play in a REAL league or two together this year for and see what happens..I WILL PUT MY MONEY UP or play anyway you want in REAL FF EAGUE..NEED I HAVE TO SAY ANYMORE? ENDED UNTIL WE PLAY FOR CASH..later

Donny
Let me help you with your counting. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Yup, I finished in 8th. Not stellar, but in the upper half v. some good competition and definately not in the basement with jwcdasdyofpo.I'm not going to waste my time pulling up your old quotes, the vets around here will remember it clearly enough anyway.

I had no exact strategy in that draftNo arguments from me about the statement above.I'm perfectly willing to work out a wager on this league if Jeff or someone will hold the cash. How about $40 for total points and $20 to whoever survives the longest.

Dave Stauff

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

Quarterbacks

Running Backs

Wide Receivers

Tight Ends

Kicker

Defenses

Overall

why is that so odd? Of course Volek will be the man this year..why would you ever think not? McNair is GONE and Young is a rookie and will be brought along until he is ready and Tenn is out of it and even then he may not play until next year.
It is odd because (1) it's not clear that when Tennessee is out of it (again) in December that Volek isn't pulled to give VY a shot to learn on the job, and (2) I could probably find 15-20 QBs that could be as good or better than Volek.I like Volek - but he's not going to be a Top 10 guy. The next 10 starters are rather close together.

BassN'Brew

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

06.10 QB17 Aaron Brooks Oak 3

09.07 QB62 Rex Grossman Chi 7

03.07 RB10 Thomas Jones Chi 7

01.07 RB20 Carnell Williams TB 4

17.07 RB46 Marshall Faulk StL 7

07.07 RB51 Chris Perry Cin 5

05.07 WR11 Joey Galloway TB 4

02.10 WR23 Terrell Owens Dal 3

08.10 WR30 Drew Bennett Ten 7

12.10 WR46 Marty Booker Mia 8

15.07 WR79 Reche Caldwell NE 7

16.10 WR125 Drew Carter Car 9

04.10 TE5 Todd Heap Bal 7

10.10 TE11 Ben Troupe Ten 7

18.10 TE24 Stephen Alexander Den 4

14.10 PK11 Josh Brown Sea 5

11.07 DEF2 Carolina Car 9

13.07 DEF3 Indianapolis Ind 6

Quarterbacks06.10 QB17 Aaron Brooks Oak 3

Brooks should be adequate as a QB1 - not a Top 5-10 QB, but with Moss and Jordan he should put up good numbers. It might be a bit rocky from week to week, but there will be some highlight weeks for sure. Grossman? Not that enamored with him and he is made out of balsa. Griese is waiting in the wings.

Running Backs

Caddy as a RB1 - solid. TJones may not be the starter, but the rumors are flying about Chicago and Indy making a trade. He performed well and Benson has not, so for now he gets the nod. If he plays like last season, this will be a great 1-2 tandem. Perry was a good value in the 7th, and Faulk even better in the 17th.

GRADE: A- (A+ if Jones starts).

Wide Receivers

Owens carries inherent risk (ask any Eagle or Niner fan), but he's an amazing talent. Galloway - can he repeat last year's outburst? 80% of that and you should be happy. 100% and you're doing fantastic at WR2. Bennett, Booker and Caldwell are all WR2s that should be able to make a decent WR3 together. Carter is a home run threat that could post a week here or there. No real big bye issues.

Tight Ends

Three tight ends - risky only because another position will be short-changed. Heap is a Top 5 TE (when healthy). I think he gets hurt too much, but that is my opinion. Troupe is a very good TE in a TE-geared offense in Tennessee - at least the way McNair ran it. Volek loves to throw to the outside. We'll see what Chow has in store in '06. Alexander was clearly just for a bye week cover, but he does have the lead job in Denver right now.

Kicker

Solid kicker with a (relatively) early bye. Should be able to stomach the 0 in Week 5. Still, can't give one K an "A". I did also hear a (slight) rumor that Brown may face competition this year.

GRADE: B/B-

Defenses

Solid defenses. Carolina with a late bye - clearly the goal of that pick (out of the way of other byes on the team). Solid group.

Overall

Solid RBs, WRs, and best TEs. Only weakness (if any) is with Brooks as the primary QB and one K. Even D's are probably the best in the league. No doubt a Top 4 candidate.

OVERALL: A

Duckboy

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

08.09 QB13 Mark Brunell Was 8

06.09 QB18 Ben Roethlisberger Pit 4

01.08 RB7 Lamont Jordan Oak 3

10.09 RB34 Michael Pittman TB 4

07.08 RB39 Marion Barber Dal 3

09.08 RB43 Greg Jones Jac 6

02.09 WR5 Marvin Harrison Ind 6

03.08 WR6 Santana Moss Was 8

04.09 WR22 Derrick Mason Bal 7

13.08 WR74 Robert Ferguson GB 6

12.09 WR89 Charles Rogers Det 8

18.09 WR61 Corey Bradford Det 8

05.08 TE9 L.J. Smith Phi 9

11.08 TE14 Erron Kinney Ten 7

16.09 PK9 Jeff Wilkins StL 7

17.08 PK15 Rob Bironas Ten 7

14.09 DEF12 Minnesota Min 6

15.08 DEF13 Arizona Ari 9

Quarterbacks

08.09 QB13 Mark Brunell Was 8

06.09 QB18 Ben Roethlisberger Pit 4

Big Ben and Brunell - interesting combo here. Brunell is actually very good for survivor - he will get you 0 TDs or 3. That'll drive you crazy as a normal league owner, but who cares in best ball. The hope is that these two average out to equate to a good QB1. If both have an off week, or if Brunell loses his starting role, there could be issues. Interesting pair to watch.

Running Backs

01.08 RB7 Lamont Jordan Oak 3

10.09 RB34 Michael Pittman TB 4

07.08 RB39 Marion Barber Dal 3

09.08 RB43 Greg Jones Jac 6

I wanted Jordan, but oh well. I think he's a Top 4-5 RB this year, especially in PPR. MB3 is way underappreciated and was an SOD candidate in Round 7. Pittman and Jones are solid contributors. Only issue is LamJ and MB3 both off in Week 3 - so if Duckboy gets past that, this is a very good group.

Wide Receivers

02.09 WR5 Marvin Harrison Ind 6

03.08 WR6 Santana Moss Was 8

04.09 WR22 Derrick Mason Bal 7

13.08 WR74 Robert Ferguson GB 6

12.09 WR89 Charles Rogers Det 8

18.09 WR61 Corey Bradford Det 8

Harrison as WR1, solid. Santana Moss won't be as good as last year, but 75-80% of that for '06 should be fine for a WR2. Mason was also a steal in Round 4. Ferguson as the 4th option here is pretty good value. I don't like Detroit WRs, especially Rogers. I think that was a reach in Rd. 12. I for one would not have taken him even in Round 18. Bradford could be a nice late pickup. Week 8 looks bad here, though - but 2-3 solid WRs are still active (barring injuries). Very good group.

Tight Ends

05.08 TE9 L.J. Smith Phi 9

11.08 TE14 Erron Kinney Ten 7

Two very solid TEs. Smith will be the 2nd most targeted player for Philly this year (after Reggie Brown). Kinney had a quiet 50 catches last year and may equal that again. Solid pair.

Kickers

16.09 PK9 Jeff Wilkins StL 7

17.08 PK15 Rob Bironas Ten 7

Whoops on the bye week - but otherwise two good kickers. Bironas is underrated.

GRADE: B (Bye week)

Defenses14.09 DEF12 Minnesota Min 6

15.08 DEF13 Arizona Ari 9

Two defenses, no bye conflict. Arizona is underrated, and the Vikings usually get good fantasy points (despite giving up 30 a game it seems).

Overall

"A"s and "B"s across the board. Only error was on the kicker, and that's minor. Solid at all positions across the board. Not enamored with the defenses or the QB pair, but that will be an interesting twosome to watch. This team should compete for the Top 4 - upper half at the worst. Good draft.

Weaker 6

JMon

TE Jolley v MIA,

K MIA (as in Missing)

Weaker 7

HTF TE…0
what's this stuff?
The point is when teams will be weaker due to byes, not that they are necessarily the worst of all other teams that week. For instance, TE St. A vs Cleve is his weakest week link for him because his other two TE's Troupe and Heap are on a bye. In general, the teams listed will need to rely soley on the score of that player because his other players are on a bye at that position.It is nice of you to point out that his TE team is GOOD when it is weakest though.

Thank you for pointing it out so everyone might benefit from the clarification.

BassN'Brew  

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

06.10 QB17 Aaron Brooks Oak 3

Quarterbacks06.10 QB17 Aaron Brooks Oak 3

Brooks should be adequate as a QB1 - not a Top 5-10 QB, but with Moss and Jordan he should put up good numbers. It might be a bit rocky from week to week, but there will be some highlight weeks for sure. Grossman? Not that enamored with him and he is made out of balsa. Griese is waiting in the wings.

Running Backs

Caddy as a RB1 - solid. TJones may not be the starter, but the rumors are flying about Chicago and Indy making a trade. He performed well and Benson has not, so for now he gets the nod. If he plays like last season, this will be a great 1-2 tandem. Perry was a good value in the 7th, and Faulk even better in the 17th.

GRADE: A- (A+ if Jones starts).

Wide Receivers

Owens carries inherent risk (ask any Eagle or Niner fan), but he's an amazing talent. Galloway - can he repeat last year's outburst? 80% of that and you should be happy. 100% and you're doing fantastic at WR2. Bennett, Booker and Caldwell are all WR2s that should be able to make a decent WR3 together. Carter is a home run threat that could post a week here or there. No real big bye issues.

Tight Ends

Three tight ends - risky only because another position will be short-changed. Heap is a Top 5 TE (when healthy). I think he gets hurt too much, but that is my opinion. Troupe is a very good TE in a TE-geared offense in Tennessee - at least the way McNair ran it. Volek loves to throw to the outside. We'll see what Chow has in store in '06. Alexander was clearly just for a bye week cover, but he does have the lead job in Denver right now.

Kicker

Solid kicker with a (relatively) early bye. Should be able to stomach the 0 in Week 5. Still, can't give one K an "A". I did also hear a (slight) rumor that Brown may face competition this year.

Defenses

Solid defenses. Carolina with a late bye - clearly the goal of that pick (out of the way of other byes on the team). Solid group.

Overall

Solid RBs, WRs, and best TEs. Only weakness (if any) is with Brooks as the primary QB and one K. Even D's are probably the best in the league. No doubt a Top 4 candidate.

OVERALL: A
Thanks for the input Jeff. Funny that you like my team better than I do. I had my QBs as a C. I'm a full grade lower on my RBs with a score of B-, I think you like Jones and Faulk more than I do. Agreed at WR and TEs are an A+. Had my kicker as a D and and uping my defense grade to match your. Overall I had myself as a B+. Not the perfect draft, but still enough to shellack DonnyT.

Overall

"A"s and "B"s across the board. Only error was on the kicker, and that's minor. Solid at all positions across the board. Not enamored with the defenses or the QB pair, but that will be an interesting twosome to watch. This team should compete for the Top 4 - upper half at the worst. Good draft.

Thanks Jeff. Not as optimistic as you are, but good to hear. The strength of the team imo is that there aren't a lot of holes; Week 3 RB, Week 8 WR, and Week 7 K :bag: is about it. I don't think I'll be contending for immunity much if at all, but I should outlast most of the boom/bust teams. At this point (it's early) I think Week 8 with the WR issue will be my toughest week since there are less bye teams for others. Will be very interesting to see how this pans out.

OldMilwaukee

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

03.10 QB7 Matt Hasselbeck Sea 5

12.07 QB35 Brian Griese Chi 7

01.10 RB5 Edgerrin James Az 9

08.07 RB29 Mewelde Moore Min 6

06.07 RB32 Kevan Barlow SF 7

02.07 RB38 Chester Taylor Min 6

13.10 RB55 Kevin Faulk NE 6

07.10 WR32 Eric Moulds Hou 5

05.10 WR39 Joe Horn NO 7

11.10 WR49 Eric Parker SD 3

09.10 WR52 Matt Jones Jac 6

10.07 WR95 Mike Williams Det 8

04.07 TE6 Alge Crumpler Atl 5

18.07 TE57 Robert Royal Buf 8

14.07 PK3 Shayne Graham Cin 5

17.10 PK14 Ryan Lindell Buf 8

16.07 DEF21 NY Jets NYJ 9

15.10 DEF27 St. Louis StL 7

Quarterbacks

03.10 QB7 Matt Hasselbeck Sea 5

12.07 QB35 Brian Griese Chi 7

Hasselback is a Top 10 QB and a clear #1 QB. Griese is waiting in the wings to be the starter in Chicago if Grossman falters. Don't know if he'll get in there by Week 5 to cover Hass' bye, but even a zero in Week 5 could be coverable that early.

Running Backs

01.10 RB5 Edgerrin James Az 9

08.07 RB29 Mewelde Moore Min 6

06.07 RB32 Kevan Barlow SF 7

02.07 RB38 Chester Taylor Min 6

13.10 RB55 Kevin Faulk NE 6

I'm not sold on Edge in Arizona. With that offensive line, I don't see him nearly as valuable as others do this year. Taylor / Moore handcuff is interesting, and I think Taylor gets a shot to show if he can be the top guy in Minnesota. Barlow is a good bye coverage back and decent value in Round 6. Faulk is a wasted pick with a Week 6 bye. Should have gone for another WR (if he was around) ;) .

Wide Receivers

07.10 WR32 Eric Moulds Hou 5

05.10 WR39 Joe Horn NO 7

11.10 WR49 Eric Parker SD 3

09.10 WR52 Matt Jones Jac 6

10.07 WR95 Mike Williams Det 8

Five WRs - I am not a fan to start - but no overlapped byes at all. That helps. But - who's the WR1? Horn? I don't think so. Moulds / Parker and Matt Jones may couple into decent WR2/3 combos. I don't like Det WRs as I said before, but we'll see on Mike Williams. Kitna / McCown may help. This team needed a bigger WR in Rounds 1-4.

GRADE: C+

Tight Ends

04.07 TE6 Alge Crumpler Atl 5

18.07 TE57 Robert Royal Buf 8

Crumpler is a stud in PPR. He is the #1 option for Vick when he doesn't run. He will be Top 10 easily this year. Royal? meh. not much there. I would have taken a better flyer on someone like Mangum or even Schobel in Philly. Even Klop in STL might outperform Royal. Last pick, but the worst IMHO.

GRADE: B+ (Alge is good).

Kickers

14.07 PK3 Shayne Graham Cin 5

17.10 PK14 Ryan Lindell Buf 8

Two good kickers, no shared byes. Yawn.

Defenses

16.07 DEF21 NY Jets NYJ 9

15.10 DEF27 St. Louis StL 7

This is a recording. Two defenses - no shared byes. Not thrilled with the Jets, but pickings were scarce. Late arrival back from the trip hurt.

Overall

This team will compete, but WRs will hold them back overall. One stud early on would have helped. The :fishing: didn't help much, but I don't think it hurt the team overall. Byes were nicely managed. I see this team as middle of the pack.

OVERALL GRADE: B

Thanks for the input Jeff. Funny that you like my team better than I do. I had my QBs as a C. I'm a full grade lower on my RBs with a score of B-, I think you like Jones and Faulk more than I do. Agreed at WR and TEs are an A+. Had my kicker as a D and and uping my defense grade to match your. Overall I had myself as a B+. Not the perfect draft, but still enough to shellack DonnyT.
Overall

Thanks Jeff. Not as optimistic as you are, but good to hear. The strength of the team imo is that there aren't a lot of holes; Week 3 RB, Week 8 WR, and Week 7 K :bag: is about it. I don't think I'll be contending for immunity much if at all, but I should outlast most of the boom/bust teams. At this point (it's early) I think Week 8 with the WR issue will be my toughest week since there are less bye teams for others. Will be very interesting to see how this pans out.
Looks like I was more optimistic today.I'll post a list at the end of my expected groupings.

That's all for today. I'll wrap tomorrow.

Overall

Looks like I was more optimistic today.I'll post a list at the end of my expected groupings.

yeah. maybe I can get a re-do.

Overall

B+. Quit whining.

Overall

B+. Quit whining.
:pickle:

14. LHUCKS 3148.82 0.00

7. Joe T 2724.96 423.86

5. Bueno 2671.48 477.34

Donny
Let me help you with your counting. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Yup, I finished in 8th. Not stellar, but in the upper half v. some good competition and definately not in the basement with jwcdasdyofpo.I'm not going to waste my time pulling up your old quotes, the vets around here will remember it clearly enough anyway.

I had no exact strategy in that draftNo arguments from me about the statement above.I'm perfectly willing to work out a wager on this league if Jeff or someone will hold the cash. How about $40 for total points and $20 to whoever survives the longest.
sure thing here as far as who last linger for the 20..but how would we do a total points with this and i did not draft for that....I am sure you see soemthing you like and are trying to go for the easy 40 but tell me how you would want top score this TP wager?..and lets try to get into a real league at some point but this is fine with me..thanksDonny

14. LHUCKS 3148.82 0.00

7. Joe T 2724.96 423.86

5. Bueno 2671.48 477.34

Donny

sure thing here as far as who last linger for the 20..but how would we do a total points with this and i did not draft for that....I am sure you see soemthing you like and are trying to go for the easy 40 but tell me how you would want top score this TP wager?..and lets try to get into a real league at some point but this is fine with me..thanksDonny
Twilight's software and webpage already handles total points. Basically your weekly output of your team score (still 1/2/3/1/1/1 weekly best lineup) on a cumulative basis through the year. We can toss week 17 and stop after 16 if you like. Clink on the link in Twilight's sig to see more details. I figured since we were both drafting to survive the entire year and win the league that total points over the course of the year would determine the best team.Are you on for $20 and $40 as stated? $20 and $20 more to your liking?

DonnyT33

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

08.06 QB15 Steve McNair Ten 7

06.06 QB23 Kurt Warner Ari 9

14.06 QB27 Kyle Boller Bal 7

07.11 RB12 Mike Anderson Bal 7

04.06 RB22 DeShaun Foster Car 9

01.11 RB23 Ronnie Brown Mia 8

15.11 RB57 Verron Haynes Pit 4

10.06 RB71 Ryan Moats Phi 9

13.11 RB93 Lee Suggs Cle 6

02.06 WR2 Chad Johnson Cin 5

05.11 WR28 Laveranues Coles NYJ 9

09.11 WR56 Nate Burleson Sea 5

12.06 WR62 Arnaz Battle SF 7

03.11 TE2 Tony Gonzalez KC 3

18.06 TE26 Eric Johnson SF 7

16.06 PK30 David Akers Phi 9

17.11 PK999 Stephen Gostowski NE 6

11.11 DEF4 Pittsburgh Pit 4

Quarterbacks

I like Warner this season, provided he doesn't break - again. Tons of weapons. It remains to be seen if the O-line is better to protect him some, and if it is he could be handing off more to Edge. I still have him as a solid QB1 (VERY solid when healthy). Nice move with McNair and Boller, but it does cost an extra roster spot. I'm not thrilled with the Baltimore offense, especially via the air.

Running Backs

Can we have some more, please? Six? That's at least one too many. We have 1/2 the roster at RB and QB - and that is less than 1/2 of the value of the team. Ronnie Brown is your #1, and I think you could have stopped at Mike Anderson and possibly added just Haynes and been far better off. Moats is a decent value - but he may not post any weeks at all for you. He also shares the bye with Foster (your RB2 it seems) and that lowers his value further.

Based solely on talent:

Wide Recievers

Wow - just four WRs and two share a bye. That's a risky and daring way to go - one I would not try. CJ is a clear #1, but you're asking a bit from Coles to be your WR2 every single week. Burleson / Battle at WR3 could be ok, but again asking too much. I will like watching how this strategy plays out.

GRADE: D

Tight Ends

I expect less from Gonzo - and another year out of the Top 5 again this season. He will be blocking again more than ever, and only TDs will elevate him back to that Top 5. I don't see anything from Eric Johnson this year - I'm guessing this is a bye cover - but if you believed enough in Gonzo to take him in the 3rd, I would not have bothered with getting a 2nd TE on this team in Round 18. WR5 would have been far more value.

GRADE: B (Gonzo still a solid TE1)

Kickers

Akers is solid. He returned to health and his Pro Bowl form in the second half last year. Gostowski may get the nod, but could be looking at a "0" here in Week 9.

GRADE: B- (due to PK2 questions - elevates to A- if Gostowski wins the job).

Defense

One solid defense with an early bye. Not an A, but close.

Overall

WRs are going to kill this team. Bad decisions at TE and RB forced this squad to just four receivers, and I don't see how they can survive through the whole season. The byes don't crush in Week 5 as no other players are off, but Week 7 looks rather ominous (Warner must play, Mike Anderson off, Battle off, Eric Johnson off), as does Week 9 (Akers, Coles, Foster, Moats, and Warner).

OVERALL GRADE: B-

Pictus Cat

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

03.12 QB2 Tom Brady NE 6

08.05 QB33 Daunte Culpepper Mia 8

01.12 RB8 Brian Westbrook Phi 9

04.05 RB17 Chris Brown Ten 7

06.05 RB26 Priest Holmes KC 3

11.12 RB66 Brandon Jacobs NYG 4

16.05 RB84 Maurice Morris Sea 5

02.05 WR3 Torry Holt StL 7

05.12 WR16 T.J. Houshmandzadeh Cin 5

12.05 WR42 Bobby Engram Sea 5

17.12 WR92 Bernard Berrian Chi 7

14.05 WR999 Chad Jackson NE 6

15.12 TE17 Courtney Anderson Oak 3

10.05 TE999 Marcedes Lewis Jac 6

09.12 PK2 Neil Rackers Ari 9

18.05 PK21 Phil Dawson Cle 6

07.12 DEF1 Chicago Chi 7

13.12 DEF8 Seattle Sea 5

Quarterbacks

03.12 QB2 Tom Brady NE 6

08.05 QB33 Daunte Culpepper Mia 8

Two solid QBs here. Brady should cover C-Pep until he returns, hopefully by Week 6(?) and then there's two solid choices. Only issue is a health concern, which Miami absolutely has with the addition of Harrington.

GRADE: A- (To an "A+" if CPep is returning healthy).

Running Backs

01.12 RB8 Brian Westbrook Phi 9

04.05 RB17 Chris Brown Ten 7

06.05 RB26 Priest Holmes KC 3

11.12 RB66 Brandon Jacobs NYG 4

16.05 RB84 Maurice Morris Sea 5

Westbrook is :moneybag: in PPR leagues. Priest Holmes, however, looks like a reach. He's gone at 9.02 (SSL3), 16.07 (SSL1) and 13.07 (SSL2) in the other leagues, so Round 6 was too early. Jacobs is one-dimensional, but could be valuable if Tiki gets hurt. MoMo - same thing, except better than Jacobs.

Is Chris Brown still available? ;) That's your RB2, most likely. No bye week issues.

Westbrook + committee for RB2. Could work out fine (but 5 is maybe one too many).

GRADE: B/B+

Wide Receivers

02.05 WR3 Torry Holt StL 7

05.12 WR16 T.J. Houshmandzadeh Cin 5

12.05 WR42 Bobby Engram Sea 5

17.12 WR92 Bernard Berrian Chi 7

14.05 WR999 Chad Jackson NE 6

Holt at WR1, Housh at WR2. Sounds pretty good. Who's WR3? Engram - TD grabber, but not consistent. CJax? How many rookie WRs even get on the field in the first year? Add in that he has to learn Belichick's offense. Berrian - late pick but I don't know about WR2+ in Chicago. Add in two byes that overlap and only 5 WRs, this group needed another body. Drop Jacobs for WR59 or 60 and this team definitely improves.

GRADE: B-/C+

Tight Ends

15.12 TE17 Courtney Anderson Oak 3

10.05 TE999 Marcedes Lewis Jac 6

I like the Lewis pickup, especially with Jimmy Smith retiring. Still - lots of receivers / options in Jacksonville and they do like to run first. Anderson started strong and fizzled last year. Not much value with him.

GRADE: B-

Kickers

09.12 PK2 Neil Rackers Ari 9

18.05 PK21 Phil Dawson Cle 6

Outstanding group of kickers - last year. Who knows this year. Strong promise, and I'll rank them as high as I can - but they're still kickers. No distance bonuses either. Rackers in Round 9 was way too early.

GRADE: A+ on personnel

Defenses

07.12 DEF1 Chicago Chi 7

13.12 DEF8 Seattle Sea 5

Very solid defenses, with no bye overlaps. Chicago in Round 7???? WAY WAY WAY too early. Hurt the team in other places, notably TE and WR.

Overall

Interesting strategy - go and get your starters and don't worry about depth - interesting. I don't know if it will get this team very far, but I like the thought and guts to go with it. Clearly, though, TE and WR are lacking in depth. Lots of reliance on iffy players with health (Holmes, Culpepper), but the team should cover. TE may be lucky with Lewis in JAX without Jimmy Smith. Good effort for what I believe was a first time in Survior Drafts.

OVERALL GRADE: B/B+

JMills

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

05.13 QB6 Drew Bledsoe Dal 3

08.04 QB28 Chris Simms TB 4

01.13 RB9 Rudi Johnson Cin 5

02.04 RB16 Reuben Droughns Cle 6

09.13 RB36 Samkon Gado GB 6

11.13 RB999 Brian Calhoun Det 8

06.04 WR17 Eddie Kennison KC 3

07.13 WR29 Keyshawn Johnson Car 9

10.04 WR37 Kevin Curtis StL 7

17.13 WR53 Dennis Northcutt Cle 6

04.04 WR86 Javon Walker Den 4

12.04 WR999 Santonio Holmes Pit 4

03.13 TE4 Jeremy Shockey NYG 4

14.04 TE999 Leonard Pope Ari 9

15.13 PK4 Mike Vanderjagt Dal 3

16.04 PK10 John Kasay Car 9

13.13 DEF26 Philadelphia Phi 9

18.04 DEF31 New Orleans NO 7

Quarterbacks

05.13 QB6 Drew Bledsoe Dal 3

08.04 QB28 Chris Simms TB 4

Bledsoe should benefit from TO's presence this year, and I think he can be considered a solid QB1. Simms needs his WRs to perform again this year, be it Galloway, Hilliard or (Michael) Clayton. Both should couple for a solid QB here.

GRADE: B+ (Simms not a clear QB1)

Running Backs

01.13 RB9 Rudi Johnson Cin 5

02.04 RB16 Reuben Droughns Cle 6

09.13 RB36 Samkon Gado GB 6

11.13 RB999 Brian Calhoun Det 8

Rudi is great, but he does lose some catches to Perry. Droughns is a money running back this year and makes for a solid RB2. Gado is a sleeper if Green isn't ready, and Calhoun was a great value in Round 11. Only issue - slight one - Droughns/Gado both off Week 6. Still a great group.

Wide Receivers

06.04 WR17 Eddie Kennison KC 3

07.13 WR29 Keyshawn Johnson Car 9

10.04 WR37 Kevin Curtis StL 7

17.13 WR53 Dennis Northcutt Cle 6

04.04 WR86 Javon Walker Den 4

12.04 WR999 Santonio Holmes Pit 4

Javon Walker, if healthy and adjusted to his new home, could be a nice WR1. If Rod Smith doesn't steal many catches from him, he should be very good for JMills. Kennison is a solid WR2 that always comes up with 1,000 yards in offense-happy KC. WR3 can be dealt with by committee with 4 more guys and no major bye issues, with Keyshawn the likely WR3. The WR1 and 2 have early byes, so this could help JMills get further. One negative - no gamebreaker here aside from Walker. That keeps this team from an A grade.

Tight Ends

03.13 TE4 Jeremy Shockey NYG 4

14.04 TE999 Leonard Pope Ari 9

Shockey's a solid TE1 when healthy. Pope could surprise in AZ, but there's only one ball last time I checked. He may not get many chances.

Kickers

15.13 PK4 Mike Vanderjagt Dal 3

16.04 PK10 John Kasay Car 9

Yes - 2 kickers, no bye conflict. Vandy should do well, Kasay is solid. Good pair.

Defenses

13.13 DEF26 Philadelphia Phi 9

18.04 DEF31 New Orleans NO 7

Love Philly's D schedule, and the Saints cover the bye week. Seems fine.

Overall

B+ or better all over. Only QB, TE and WR are less than an "A" grade, and these flaws aren't huge. This team should contend and may make the Top 4.

OVERALL GRADE: B+/A-

Uruk-Hai

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

06.03 QB11 Michael Vick Atl 5

04.03 QB20 Donovan McNabb Phi 9

03.14 RB18 Corey Dillon NE 6

02.03 RB21 Willie Parker Pit 4

07.14 RB40 T.J. Duckett Atl 5

10.03 RB60 Ladell Betts Was 8

08.03 WR24 Terry Glenn Dal 3

09.14 WR34 Amani Toomer NYG 4

05.14 WR35 Muhsin Muhammad Chi 7

11.14 WR51 Antwaan Randle El Wash 8

17.14 WR77 Bryant Johnson Ari 9

18.03 WR123 Roscoe Parrish Buf 8

01.14 TE1 Antonio Gates SD 3

15.14 TE21 Daniel Graham NE 6

13.14 PK6 Jason Elam Den 4

16.03 PK12 Matt Stover Bal 7

12.03 DEF20 Washington Was 8

14.03 DEF29 New England NE 6

Quarterbacks06.03 QB11 Michael Vick Atl 5

04.03 QB20 Donovan McNabb Phi 9

McNabb should bounce back nicely in 2006 as he seems very healthy again. Vick is a nightmare for weekly owners, but his "homerun" chances each week help in Survivor. Both are Top 15 QBs when healthy so I say both are QB1s.

Runningbacks

03.14 RB18 Corey Dillon NE 6

02.03 RB21 Willie Parker Pit 4

07.14 RB40 T.J. Duckett Atl 5

10.03 RB60 Ladell Betts Was 8

FWP as your RB1 - interesting call, but good value at 2.03. He has the potential for 1500 yards and approach 10 TDs, but that's asking a bit much. Still good value. If Dillon holds off Maroney he's a great pickup, but that's a risk at 3.14. Safe choices / little risk RBs were pretty much gone at that point, so I understand the gamble. This is also RB2. Duckett and Betts have chances to contributes if either scores.

GRADE: B-

Wide Receivers

08.03 WR24 Terry Glenn Dal 3

09.14 WR34 Amani Toomer NYG 4

05.14 WR35 Muhsin Muhammad Chi 7

11.14 WR51 Antwaan Randle El Wash 8

17.14 WR77 Bryant Johnson Ari 9

18.03 WR123 Roscoe Parrish Buf 8

I've asked this of other teams, and it seems appropriate here - who's WR1? Muhammad? I don't think so. Relying on WR1/2/3 by committee is asking a lot. Glenn may produce comparable numbers in Dallas with TO this year, but I'm not counting on it. Toomer was a good value in Round 9. ARE was as well. Johnson and Parrish - late flyers to try and add depth. I'm not buying it.

GRADE: D+/C-

Tight Ends

01.14 TE1 Antonio Gates SD 3

15.14 TE21 Daniel Graham NE 6

Gates is solid in 2 PPR leagues. Don't worry about Philips - Gates will get his catches. Graham - not a fan of this pick. Watson should be the guy in NE, but pickings were getting thin. Might have gone with a rookie at TE2.

GRADE: A- (Gates, but not the best depth).

Kickers

13.14 PK6 Jason Elam Den 4

16.03 PK12 Matt Stover Bal 7

Two good kickers. No bye issues. Next.

Defenses

12.03 DEF20 Washington Was 8

14.03 DEF29 New England NE 6

Good defenses here. Should couple well together. I like this pair.

Overall

This team could have been a nice contender if a WR1 was added. Gates in Round 1 dictated a different strategy / pick pattern, but I didn't like TE-RB-RB-QB-WR-QB-RB-WR-WR. Gambling more at QB would have paid bigger dividends, possibly going TE-RB-WR-RB-QB-QB to start. Even just taking WR at 4 and QB at 5 would have yielded WR17 instead of WR26 as your #1 WR. QB would slip from QB4 to QB9, but that's acceptable in this format.

As it stands, WRs will be the downfall here.

Jeff, I don't disagree with anything you said regarding my team. The interesting thing about my draft was how much difference drafting Gates in the 1st made on my subsequent picks (whether that difference was real or just perceived by me doesn't matter now - it became reality anyway). I think my major mistake was - as you pointed out - the way I used my 3-4-5-6 picks. Once I took Dillon, I knew I was going to be hurting at WR so I tried to get a top caliber performer at all of the other positions in hopes that I could throw enough WR **** at the wall that something would stick.

DonnyT33   

Pick Pos Player Team BYE

Quarterbacks

I like Warner this season, provided he doesn't break - again. Tons of weapons. It remains to be seen if the O-line is better to protect him some, and if it is he could be handing off more to Edge. I still have him as a solid QB1 (VERY solid when healthy). Nice move with McNair and Boller, but it does cost an extra roster spot. I'm not thrilled with the Baltimore offense, especially via the air.

Running Backs

Can we have some more, please? Six? That's at least one too many. We have 1/2 the roster at RB and QB - and that is less than 1/2 of the value of the team. Ronnie Brown is your #1, and I think you could have stopped at Mike Anderson and possibly added just Haynes and been far better off. Moats is a decent value - but he may not post any weeks at all for you. He also shares the bye with Foster (your RB2 it seems) and that lowers his value further.

Based solely on talent:

Wide Recievers

Wow - just four WRs and two share a bye. That's a risky and daring way to go - one I would not try. CJ is a clear #1, but you're asking a bit from Coles to be your WR2 every single week. Burleson / Battle at WR3 could be ok, but again asking too much. I will like watching how this strategy plays out.

GRADE: D

Tight Ends

I expect less from Gonzo - and another year out of the Top 5 again this season. He will be blocking again more than ever, and only TDs will elevate him back to that Top 5. I don't see anything from Eric Johnson this year - I'm guessing this is a bye cover - but if you beleived enough in Gonzo to take him in the 3rd, I would not have bothered with getting a 2nd TE on this team in Round 18. WR5 would have been far more value.

GRADE: B (Gonzo still a solid TE1)

Kickers

Akers is solid. He returned to health and his Pro Bowl form in the second half last year. Gostowski may get the nod, but could be looking at a "0" here in Week 9.

GRADE: B- (due to PK2 questions - elevates to A- if Gostowski wins the job).

Defense

One solid defense with an early bye. Not an A, but close.

Overall

WRs are going to kill this team. Bad decisions at TE and RB forced this squad to just four receivers, and I don't see how they can survive through the whole season. The byes don't crush in Week 5 as no other players are off, but Week 7 looks rather ominous (Warner must play, Mike Anderson off, Battle off, Eric Johnson off), as does Week 9 (Akers, Coles, Foster, Moats, and Warner).

Fair enough and I would agree on most..if over again i would have added another WR in Suggs spot. I think Moats will see more action than you think with Philly claiming to run much more this year and judging from the Wr they should. I should have five Wr's but just could not get off Haynes when it was my turn in like round 15 i think as he could really have a nice year as the Bettis clone in Pitt and just should n not have been on the board..all in all I should have passed on him and gone WR in that spot or the Suggs spot..could be costly for sure. Eric Johnson is going to see time on the field no mater as he is healthy and a vet. A two TE system will be in place there as Nolan has wowed to have his best 4-5 receivers on the files no matter there position. Arizona O line is already drawing higher praise and with James there to kill much all out blitzing I think Warner could be a top eight QB this year and maybe higher. Boller had some big games down the stretch last year for Balt and if he can McNair will for sure. Their pass game is underrated with Mason, Clayton and Heap they also added a very good WR in the draft..Williams. Air Billick-McNair may make its return this year. If my WR stay healthy and I get to week five and Warner is flying high I could make some noise here IMO..wee shall see. BNB..20-40-60 for the surviver year sounds about right considering that is what were doing here and drafted for. or if you must 20-20 with the TP included will be fine. I see no reason to place a higher value on TP when we are playing Survivor here. Let me know..40-20 even..

Donny

PS Jeff Gostowski is a mortal lock to be playing in week nine unless he passes on..his challenger is Martin Gramatica and the rookie is pounding the ball to the end zone on kick offs and was a 4th round pick..kick booms them from 50 plus easily too.

Jeff, I don't disagree with anything you said regarding my team. The interesting thing about my draft was how much difference drafting Gates in the 1st made on my subsequent picks (whether that difference was real or just perceived by me doesn't matter now - it became reality anyway). I think my major mistake was - as you pointed out - the way I used my 3-4-5-6 picks. Once I took Dillon, I knew I was going to be hurting at WR so I tried to get a top caliber performer at all of the other positions in hopes that I could throw enough WR **** at the wall that something would stick.
uruk, I find myself in the same bind. Look at my sig, I hope the draft of gates helps us out with the lack of true #1 wr for our squads.

Good luck, we'll need it.

02.14 WR10 Randy Moss Oak 303.03 WR15 Reggie Wayne Ind 608.14 WR44 Isaac Bruce StL 712.14 WR45 Justin McCareins NYJ 910.14 WR50 Michael Jenkins Atl 518.14 WR98 Peerless Price Buf 8BLocked up 2 good #1 WR's and then formed somewhat of a commitee.... Even among Jet fans I'm one of McCareins biggest supporters, I just don't think he can be judged on what we have seen with the offense he's had to play on in NY along with his injuries. Offense has to be better, hopefully he stays healthy - He is a hard worker and that's half the battle.
Looking at the grading scale, I need to bump up my personal WR grade.Is this the best WR core in the League? Top 3? :banned: :banned: :popcorn:

DonnyT33 Re:Survivor Wager, Today, 05:26 PM FootballguyGroup: MembersMember No.: 5469Joined: 14-July 03 QUOTEHow about $25 on total points and $25 on who lasts the longest. We both mail a check to Jeff P. You'll either get back $100, $50, or $0 depending on what happens.sure...ok..lets do it..For the record, DonnyT and myself have reached terms on our wager.Jeff P, are you OK with holding the money? Can you PM your mailing address?

02.14 WR10 Randy Moss Oak 3

03.03 WR15 Reggie Wayne Ind 6

08.14 WR44 Isaac Bruce StL 7

12.14 WR45 Justin McCareins NYJ 9

10.14 WR50 Michael Jenkins Atl 5

18.14 WR98 Peerless Price Buf 8

B

Locked up 2 good #1 WR's and then formed somewhat of a commitee.... Even among Jet fans I'm one of McCareins biggest supporters, I just don't think he can be judged on what we have seen with the offense he's had to play on in NY along with his injuries. Offense has to be better, hopefully he stays healthy - He is a hard worker and that's half the battle.
Looking at the grading scale, I need to bump up my personal WR grade.Is this the best WR core in the League? Top 3?

:banned: :banned: :popcorn:
05.07 WR11 Joey Galloway TB 4 < Wayne02.10 WR23 Terrell Owens Dal 3 > Moss

08.10 WR30 Drew Bennett Ten 7 > Bruce

12.10 WR46 Marty Booker Mia 8 = McCariens

15.07 WR79 Reche Caldwell NE 7 = Jenkins

16.10 WR125 Drew Carter Car 9 > Price (but that's a very personal opinion)

Top 3...YES. Best...debateable, but not unreasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread