What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Starting a food truck. Any advice? (3 Viewers)

hey, nobody works harder

his father was a food truck owner

he's like a kid at a mister softee out there

he has the keys to the food service supply warehouse

its like having another kitchen mgr out there

too much to read, but what makes you think you can hop into this business?  what is your background in food service?

have you done any numbers work?  breakeven will require how many hours and sales?
Of course not I'm just in the brainstorm portion for now.

i wouldn't embark on any enterprise until I checked, rechecked and then checked the numbers again.

im not irresponsible

i wouldn't embark on any enterprise until I checked, rechecked and then checked the numbers again.

im not irresponsible
you didnt answer my first paragraph.  then i can judge your statement and you.

I think if I were you I'd do..................... literally ANYTHING else besides this idea.

I'm not sure I'd recommend going this route given your credit circumstances.   The reality of the matter is that most new businesses either lose money or break even until they establish a solid base of customers.    From what you have said (especially in regards to your credit score)--I don't know if you would want to risk spending lots of money to get a business started--then work your butt off (literally 12-16 hours a day, 6-7 days a week) to start establishing a customer base, and most likely barely break even for the first 6 months or year.     Unless you really have some sort of revolutionary type of food idea that will take the public by storm--I just see this sinking you deeper for a while before it starts digging you out.  With the that being said--life is about following your goals and dreams. If running a food truck is what you've always wanted to do--it's not my place to crush your dreams.   Good luck with whatever you decide to do.  

nothing to add other then let me know if you need a designer to do the logo, truck wrap, breast tattoos...etc.

G man!!
I have firsthand knowledge of glvsav37's (who's real life name is much easier to type) work and I recommend him.  Excellent logo design and engaged throughout the process.

RokNRole said:
As do the millions of others in debt?

what have I said that makes me sound lazy?

i bust my ### week in and week out
Hmm.

You let your loans lapse and clearly don't pay much mind to your credit score and you came to a forum to ask questions about something you clearly could have looked up yourself.  From your comments, you don't appear to have done 5 minutes of your own research.

You'll probably scroll through the tidbits of advice here, then this will just fade into oblivion.  

Dentist said:
Why don't you start by telling me a bit more about yourself?   a/s/l?   educational background?
32/m/NYC

No formal educational background. Gifted in various artistic areas and highly intelligent fast learner with great adaptation ability.

Hmm.

You let your loans lapse and clearly don't pay much mind to your credit score and you came to a forum to ask questions about something you clearly could have looked up yourself.  From your comments, you don't appear to have done 5 minutes of your own research.

You'll probably scroll through the tidbits of advice here, then this will just fade into oblivion.  
I didn't let my loans lapse.

I couldn't afford the payments due to lack of steady employment.

I do pay mind to my credit score because I checked it and most of the hits to it were due to parental fraud as a youth.

Im responsible and never use credit.

I do pay mind to my credit score because I checked it and most of the hits to it were due to parental fraud as a youth.

You'd think someone "Gifted in various artistic areas and highly intelligent fast learner with great adaptation ability" would be able to find steady employment.

I deal with many people trying to buy homes with scores like yours everyday. Go to your bank and get a secured credit card. You give them  $300 to put in a savings account and they give you a credit card with the same limit. Go to capitalone.com and apply for a $ 300 card also.  Don't ever use more than 30 % on each card.  Score will be at 620 to 650 in six months.  Score doesn't move much until month four. 

You'd think someone "Gifted in various artistic areas and highly intelligent fast learner with great adaptation ability" would be able to find steady employment.
I am steadily employed.

im exploring other options where I may be happier but I'm happy enough in my current gig to stick with it as a career if I have to

I deal with many people trying to buy homes with scores like yours everyday. Go to your bank and get a secured credit card. You give them  $300 to put in a savings account and they give you a credit card with the same limit. Go to capitalone.com and apply for a $ 300 card also.  Don't ever use more than 30 % on each card.  Score will be at 620 to 650 in six months.  Score doesn't move much until month four. 
But I have that defaulted school loan. I haven't saved up enough to negotiate a settlement.

do I have a chance of them settling for 1/4 of the amount being that it's almost a decade old?

edit- would it still go up with the defaulted loan?

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing to add other then let me know if you need a designer to do the logo, truck wrap, breast tattoos...etc.

G man!!
This dude is good.... if you need that stuff, talk to him instead of letting your neighbors kid who's a freshman at the local community college do it. 

Branding/marketing is second only to the food, and barely, when it comes to food trucks. 

But I have that defaulted school loan. I haven't saved up enough to negotiate a settlement.

do I have a chance of them settling for 1/4 of the amount being that it's almost a decade old?

edit- would it still go up with the defaulted loan?
Still goes up.  Everyone has school and or medical debt.  

RokNRole said:
what have I said that makes me sound lazy?
You started a T-shirt business that only sold one shirt.  It was to a relative.  You also received a custom order from a FBG to create artwork and print shirts.  However, you never got around to filling that order because you weren't "artistically inspired" (or something like that).

You started a T-shirt business that only sold one shirt.  It was to a relative.  You also received a custom order from a FBG to create artwork and print shirts.  However, you never got around to filling that order because you weren't "artistically inspired" (or something like that).
What did I say in this thread that implied I am lazy?

you always had money for the heroin though, right?

Oh jesus christ... RokNRole is THAT same dude again? The "artist" kid who's GF got train-ridden by dudes who stole his Xbox or something? 

This makes much more sense. 

What were his 5 previous aliases, again? 

Oh jesus christ... RokNRole is THAT same dude again? The "artist" kid who's GF got train-ridden by dudes who stole his Xbox or something? 

This makes much more sense. 

What were his 5 previous aliases, again? 
RokNRole

MMGas

Officer Pete Malloy

(HULK) said:
I have firsthand knowledge of glvsav37's (who's real life name is much easier to type) work and I recommend him.  Excellent logo design and engaged throughout the process.
thx GB!! ....  seems i stepped into a train wreck though here.....didnt know there was some history with RnR 

pm me...anything on the other venture?

RokNRole said:

im not irresponsible
Hey come on, I'm not irresponsible, I just don't pay my ####### debts!! :P

The pattern here is to buy a used truck, get it operational, and drive it once around the block, then quit and have 10x more debt than now to get his score to 450.

thx GB!! ....  seems i stepped into a train wreck though here.....didnt know there was some history with RnR 

pm me...anything on the other venture?
Eh, full stop for now.  Just could never get it over the finish line and now I'm pretty damn busy.  Maybe someday.

Hey come on, I'm not irresponsible, I just don't pay my ####### debts!! :P
It's a school loan

completely unamerican. College should be free

i would be wrong to feed the collegiate industrial machine

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread