What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Starting a food truck. Any advice? (1 Viewer)

Love food trucks. Eat at one at least once a week. Most guys that run a food truck are friendly, courteous and have a really good personality. They are respectful and cheery, hoping that you will come back and patronize their truck again.

So, you will need to find one of those guys.

Love food trucks. Eat at one at least once a week. Most guys that run a food truck are friendly, courteous and have a really good personality. They are respectful and cheery, hoping that you will come back and patronize their truck again.

So, you will need to find one of those guys.
I work in human resources.

i pretend to be one of those guys every day.

peice of cake

Serve something original. You don't want to be copying the super popular trucks that are already out there. 
I won't. It will all be original creations.

some more familiar to people than others 

some unusual stuff too

Last edited by a moderator:
RokNRole said:
My girlfriend has been encouraging me to start my own food truck and leave the drudgery of the office rat race.

Obviously the coming winter wouldn't be the best time so I have until next spring to make preparations if I'm going to go this route.

Has anyone ever made this transition and could offer some advice? What are things I should consider that wouldn't be obvious to a newb? What am I looking at for an initial investment?

any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Move to Raleigh, those things are huge here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe just by an old F150 and put a propane BBQ in the box. Drive around selling food and say #### it to the permits and insurance (that stuff is for suckers and you're too smart to get conned into it). Start small and build your way up.
I'd recommend an old F250...

RokNRole said:
Too expensive and I can't get a loan

my credit score is 525. I couldn't get a loan for a stick of gum
I didn't even know it went to 525

maybe you shouldn't do this 

300-599 VERY BAD 

Maybe you can get a loan from one of those used car places. 30% interest over 15 years. No credit! No job! No problem!

What do you have to do to get a 525 credit score? Are you on the run from the mob? 
I have a default school loan that is almost 10 years old I've never made a payment on

my mother put some stuff under my name when I was a teen. A computer and furniture which no longer comes up on the report but I guess it hurt my credit

there was also some medical bills on there that weren't mine

525 when I checked last month

Shark move is to get a genius to put together a brilliant business plan.  Like someone with an IQ of say 176.

too much to read, but what makes you think you can hop into this business?  what is your background in food service?

have you done any numbers work?  breakeven will require how many hours and sales?

Users who are viewing this thread