What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Starting Tiawan Jones over _____________ . (1 Viewer)

Considering him over J. Stewart, Reece, and Dwyer... Probably a lot of thought about nothing as they all score 4 points non-ppr.

I keep going back and forth. Right now, I have him in over Pierre thomas and Daniel Thomas (lots of injuries this week)

starting him over a bunch of bums in 1

and going back and forth between him and Britt in another (non-ppr)

over Felix, D.Thomas and Dwyer

All my options split time, but TJ has a much much better chance of a homerun type play...

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting him over SJax for sure. Not sure if I should start him over J.Bell of Detroit. Last time he played the Vikings he had 7 good receptions I think.

Starting him over Pierre Thomas, and J Stewart. Lately those guys are plodders, and Thomas's RB duties seem divided.

I need to take a chance for that big run, playing those other guys is playing it safe..

Quarterback Carson Palmer, for one, can’t wait to see what the second-year back out of Eastern Washington can do.

“I feel like I’ve been waiting forever. I can’t wait,” Palmer said. “He does amazing things in practice and he’s by far the fastest person on the field and he will be the fastest person on the field on Sunday.

“He puts his foot in the ground and goes,” Palmer said. “He wiggles out of hits, he wiggles out of tackles. Can’t wait to throw him the ball, get him in the open field. He’s so much fun to watch at practice it’s, like I said, a long time coming.”

over Andre Brown in one

over Bowe in another non-ppr after the Crennel implosion mini-rant this week

Lots of craziness in here, I like Jones as a dynasty flier but start this week? When Dmc hasn't been able to run in this offense, they should lose easily, and Reece gets passing downs? Nuts.

I've seen a couple mentions of Pierre Thomas. If you guys are starting Jones over Thomas in a PPR, I will humbly submit that I think that's a mistake. First, I need to SEE it out of Jones. He's never shown anything but flashes here and there, and if you are in a must-win game, he's hard to trust. Secondly, Ivory was very involved last week because they were leading the Eagles wire to wire, and he is a nice hammer. Against Atlanta, there is a good chance the Saints will be trailing, which should translate into lots of action for Thomas.

:2cents:

Amendola. I need to give the kid a week back from injury before I buy it. With Morris and Green both on byes, I'll see what he's got. Maybe I'll get lucky.

I've seen a couple mentions of Pierre Thomas. If you guys are starting Jones over Thomas in a PPR, I will humbly submit that I think that's a mistake. First, I need to SEE it out of Jones. He's never shown anything but flashes here and there, and if you are in a must-win game, he's hard to trust. Secondly, Ivory was very involved last week because they were leading the Eagles wire to wire, and he is a nice hammer. Against Atlanta, there is a good chance the Saints will be trailing, which should translate into lots of action for Thomas. :2cents:
I keep going back a d forth between Thomas and Jones. Right now, I'm back on the Thomas side, but I see arguments for both. Pierre Thomas has been performing as a very low level rb3, with 8-12 points a week. Nothing more, nothing less. He really seems to have very little upside, while Jones is a more exciting prospect for a big game (with a floor that isn't much lower because of thomas' relatively low ceiling). The only reason I am currently going with Thomas is because I am playing game against the league average (we had an owner drop at the last second and didn't want to reschedule the draft), and just need to have a solid game to win. Pierre gives me most likely a guaranteed 8-12. If it was a must win or I was a playing a tough opponent, I think Jones would be an easier choice because of a better chance of a big game.

'Raider Nation said:
I've seen a couple mentions of Pierre Thomas. If you guys are starting Jones over Thomas in a PPR, I will humbly submit that I think that's a mistake. First, I need to SEE it out of Jones. He's never shown anything but flashes here and there, and if you are in a must-win game, he's hard to trust. Secondly, Ivory was very involved last week because they were leading the Eagles wire to wire, and he is a nice hammer. Against Atlanta, there is a good chance the Saints will be trailing, which should translate into lots of action for Thomas. :2cents:
Solid, ty RN

8:00 left in the 2Q. I have as many carries as Jones does.
Dude, I don't get it. Thursday-ish: "I'm excited to see what he can do." Hugh; "Fastest player on the practice field, so excited to finally see him get his chance." Palmer.Invisible today. Just playing possum, or are there pictures of him and Jackson's wife?

In the end... we should have all known that the Raiders staff is awful and wouldn't want to do anything that may spark their team in a good way. It makes much more sense to get pounded and run Reece in a completely ineffective manner.

In the end... we should have all known that the Raiders staff is awful and wouldn't want to do anything that may spark their team in a good way. It makes much more sense to get pounded and run Reece in a completely ineffective manner.
Because we know WAY more than the coaches who see these guys every day. :mellow:

Solid, ty RN
Ehhhh... thanks, but it didn't matter as it turns out. Both Jones and Thomas were invisible. :(

'Raider Nation said:
'WiDDoW_MaKeR said:
Because we know WAY more than the coaches who see these guys every day. :mellow:
It's simple. Either they have screwed up by not putting Taiwan Jones into the game and giving him a chance... or they have screwed up by having him on their roster when they clearly have no intention on using him. Either way... the Coaching staff loses... just like the team. What is the point of having the guy as your 3rd string RB, if you have no trust in him and have zero intention of using him? Your top 2 backs go down, so you start your full back at half back and bring up a different player who isn't even active and give him a chance after the full back didn't work out well running the ball. So... exactly what is the point of having Jones?

'Raider Nation said:
'WiDDoW_MaKeR said:
It's simple. Either they have screwed up by not putting Taiwan Jones into the game and giving him a chance... or they have screwed up by having him on their roster when they clearly have no intention on using him. Either way... the Coaching staff loses... just like the team. What is the point of having the guy as your 3rd string RB, if you have no trust in him and have zero intention of using him? Your top 2 backs go down, so you start your full back at half back and bring up a different player who isn't even active and give him a chance after the full back didn't work out well running the ball. So... exactly what is the point of having Jones?
Fair question. My guess is that they see a lot of long-term potential in him, and that's tricky with a guy who's not quite ready for the big leagues. Because if you put him on the practice squad, you risk losing him to a team which is willing to put him on their active roster.

'Raider Nation said:
'WiDDoW_MaKeR said:
Fair question. My guess is that they see a lot of long-term potential in him, and that's tricky with a guy who's not quite ready for the big leagues. Because if you put him on the practice squad, you risk losing him to a team which is willing to put him on their active roster.
:goodposting: We only have room for 5 RB's in one of my dyno's (no limit on developmental squad though) but I'm keeping spot #5 open for Taiwan now that I opened a spot with a trade sending Bradshaw out for a #1. I don't know if I'll keep him around all offseason or too long into next season but this is the reason I like him as a lotto ticket. If he didn't have value and they didn't intend to use him he would have been cut loose. Clearly he has value, they just don't think he's ready. He was a very reckless and desperate start today, just a stash is all he was/is.

'Raider Nation said:
'WiDDoW_MaKeR said:
That is funny thinking.It works like that in FF - you have a guy on the bench on your roster but you will never start him, but you also won't cut him because he could be picked up and go off on someone else's roster, maybe even against your team..... so why won't you start him again?

Got it.

Crazy thing here is, that while practice squad 4th string HB is apparently ahead of active roster 3rd (now 1st) string HB on the Raiders, you would think after falling behind 20-3 and 27-10 that they would have been looking for the big play, something Jones could be particularly adept at. Drives me nuts when any team just throws up their hands and decides they're not going to try to win but it's especially bad coming from the franchise of Al "Just Win Baby" Davis.

Users who are viewing this thread