What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Startup League 5 Keepers with Superflex Auction Draft - Advice Needed (1 Viewer)

lincquitified

Footballguy
Hi all,

I need some advice on strategy and to know if any of you are in leagues similar to this?

10 team league - half PPR - first draft 9/3.

5 keepers (May end up being 7 but voting right now has 5 winning)

Superflex, Auction, $200 budget
No cost for keepers year over year and no max # of years they can be kept.
No salary cap trading, only players.

What can I expect the top QBs to go for? I know it’s the Wild West and that whatever the first top tier QB goes for essentially sets the market. I’m just looking for some experienced managers to share what they think could happen.

Mahomes for $100 and you don’t expect to win this year? Is that realistic?

I just have no idea how to approach this.

Last edited:
I'm in a league with a similar format. What may be different is that we started out as a 1-QB league and then switched to Superflex, but our bidding patterns haven't changed a whole lot. QBs started going for much more but not to the degree I've expected. We have a $250 cap and four keepers per team and any elite QBs available tend to go for around $50, which is 25% of budget. So that would be $40 in your league. But I suspect they will go higher than that in a league that's Superflex from the beginning. $50 to $70? $100 would be ridiculous.

I'm in a league with a similar format. What may be different is that we started out as a 1-QB league and then switched to Superflex, but our bidding patterns haven't changed a whole lot. QBs started going for much more but not to the degree I've expected. We have a $250 cap and four keepers per team and any elite QBs available tend to go for around $50, which is 25% of budget. So that would be $40 in your league. But I suspect they will go higher than that in a league that's Superflex from the beginning. $50 to $70? $100 would be ridiculous.
That is super helpful! I completely agree on $100 being ridiculous. Had someone suggesting that may be the way to go and I mentioned that $75 would be the absolute most I’m willing to pay for Mahomes.

Users who are viewing this thread