What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steel Panther Game Thread (3 Viewers)

last year's Super Bowl winner just picked up Golden Tate. Half the team still injured, but pretty sure they could handle majority of the AFC if they need too 

Is there anybody in the AFC beside KC and New England?
You're watching this game tonight and don't think Pittsburgh is a threat?  They've been playing well for about 5 weeks now.  They're loaded.

Pittsburgh, San Diego. We'll see on Cincy and Houston. I'd put everyone in the NFC outside of the Rams and Saints in the we'll see category. 
this game looks like the 1st 3 quarters of the Panthers-Eagles game from earlier this year. We will just act like they only played 3 quarters  :scared:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell

Posting on social media Thursday night, Le'Veon Bell tweeted "I think it’s safe to say, it’s time to pass the sticks."

Bell finished the tweet with three "smiling face with sunglasses" emojis. For those of you unfamiliar with Madden or PlayStation 2's "Street Hoops" (see "Chappelle's Show"), "pass the sticks" means "your time is up" in video game parlance. Bell will be reporting before Tuesday afternoon's deadline, and he wants the controller back from James Conner. Conner stayed scorching on Thursday evening, decking the Panthers for another 100-plus yard game. If Bell is active for Week 11 against the Jaguars, he will almost certainly be a package player, taking a backseat to his understudy. The saga will be officially ending soon, likely Monday, though Friday is also a possibility. Nov 8 - 10:39 PM

Source: Le'Veon Bell on Twitter

I think Rotoworld got this bass ackwards. 

I'm not entirely sure what he was getting at with his tweet but my initial thought was exactly what you think.
And FYI, that write up on Rotoworld didn't last long. It's been deleted.

You're watching this game tonight and don't think Pittsburgh is a threat?  They've been playing well for about 5 weeks now.  They're loaded.
in all honesty i haven't followed Pittsburgh enough this year. They always seem to have these in them though, as well as those games where they really crap the bed or give an easy one away. Maybe they got that out of their system, but i have a hard time ignoring that playoff game from last year too until i see any reason to think differently from the coaching staff

Steelers no penalties tonight before that Burns gaf.... amazing what this team is capable of when they are disciplined. This was a high level Carolina team before this week (everything being relative with the NFL).

Steelers no penalties tonight before that Burns gaf.... amazing what this team is capable of when they are disciplined. This was a high level Carolina team before this week (everything being relative with the NFL).
IIRC they were one of the highest penalized teams in the early weeks - nice turnaround

While I agree that the Steelers look great lately, the minute they play the Patriots, it's over. 
But again  - the Steelers were a controversial call away from beating the Patriots last year.  It's not like the gap between the 2 teams is huge anymore.  This Steelers team will score a bunch on anyone.  But as usual, the defense will be the big question mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
in all honesty i haven't followed Pittsburgh enough this year. They always seem to have these in them though, as well as those games where they really crap the bed or give an easy one away. Maybe they got that out of their system, but i have a hard time ignoring that playoff game from last year too until i see any reason to think differently from the coaching staff
Yup the defense is why I"m a little reserved about this team.  Offensively they're unstoppable.

i have a hard time ignoring that playoff game from last year too until i see any reason to think differently from the coaching staff
That's fair for sure.  But they were never able to recover from losing Shazier last year and the Jags had a perfect game plan on O (and they got the huge lead).  Hopefully, the defense continues to improve as the season moves on.  If the Steelers defense can play decent they can go deep in the playoffs with the firepower they have on offense.

That's fair for sure.  But they were never able to recover from losing Shazier last year and the Jags had a perfect game plan on O (and they got the huge lead).  Hopefully, the defense continues to improve as the season moves on.  If the Steelers defense can play decent they can go deep in the playoffs with the firepower they have on offense.
The problem is if they have to face the Chiefs.  Just hoping Reid ####s the bed more than Tomlin at that point.

i have no idea how much is on Carolina OL and how much is on Pitt D, but Pitt D looked pretty dominant tonight. if they could cover a RB out of the backfield, could have been a shut out

But again  - the Steelers were a controversial call away from beating the Patriots last year. 
I get what you are saying here, but Ben lost them the game by throwing the pick when they could have gone to OT with a chip-shot FG.  I just hate blaming calls when teams have an opportunity to recover from those call.... given the opportunity Ben pissed it away.

But I agree the Steelers can hang with the Pats this year for sure.

I get what you are saying here, but Ben lost them the game by throwing the pick when they could have gone to OT with a chip-shot FG.  I just hate blaming calls when teams have an opportunity to recover from those call.... given the opportunity Ben pissed it away.

i feel like looking past the Pats is like looking past Lebron, no matter what team he is on. But this year, i would worry more about keeping up with the Chiefs than the Pats. Jags should have beat the Pats too. Just have to have a coach with big cajones

My only point is that the gap between the Patriots and Steelers is very small.  That's all I"m saying.  

i feel like looking past the Pats is like looking past Lebron, no matter what team he is on. But this year, i would worry more about keeping up with the Chiefs than the Pats. Jags should have beat the Pats too. Just have to have a coach with big cajones
Agreed.  You don't even need big cajones.  You just need to be able to not outsmart yourself.  The Jags had the Patriots last year and then they got too conservative.  Last week, GB had the costly fumble in the 4th quarter that turned the game.  The Falcons blew the Super Bowl.  This happens a lot to teams that play the Patriots.  Kudos to your Eagles last year for not blowing it.  

Evilgrin 72 said:
Thanks Ron. Playing against Roethlisberger, AB, and McCaffrey in my $1,000 buy in TD heavy league. Average score is around 70-75 points. My opponent has 100 after 1 game. :violin:
Pretty popular combo - I am in 3 leagues and in all three leagues the Roethlisberger owner also has McCaffrey.  I started both luckily, in one league a guy started McCaffrey but benched Roeth for Rivers (not horrible as Rivers faces Oak), but in the other guy started McCaffrey and benched Roeth for Andy Dalton...dude is either a genius or the dumbest owner in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread