What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steelers vs. Eagles...SIG BET TIME (1 Viewer)

Where are CrossEyed, Cowher Power, Steelers4Life, Jurb26, etc... etc... ?
Right here brother!!!!! :stillers: :stillers:
Love your avatar, dude. In fact, I used that exact same picture last Christmas. I had a t-shirt made for my girlfriend that had simply that photo taking up the whole front, and on the back it says : "Hey Ref !! You can shove that flag straight up your ### !!"Every weekend when we go to the bar to watch the games, people comment on it....

If I knew the sigs weren't gonna be so gay I'd join, so instead I'll just leave it at this.

Ben Roethlisburger is gonna get rocked. Kearse, Hugh, Simon and Co. are gonna bring him down for at least three sacks and force an ugly pick. Duce Staley is gonna come out thinking he's got something to prove to Andy Reid and while he should have a good game it won't matter. Just like every other RB thats puts up a good stat line against the Eagles, his team will lose.

The only playmaker on the Steelers D is Joey Porter and he's not gonna be enough to stop all of the Eagles weopons on offense. You better hope he forces a fumble on McNabb because that's the type of play the Steelers will need in order to win this one.

McNabb to Owens....2 more times this week :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only playmaker on the Steelers D is Joey Porter and he's not gonna be enough to stop all of the Eagles weopons on offense. You better hope he forces a fumble on McNabb because that's the type of play the Steelers will need in order to win this one.
You obviously have not seen a Steelers game this year if you think that Porter is the only playmaker on that D. Farrior has been the best LB on the team this year and the Taz Devil has been exceptional at the safety position. With a banged up Eagles O-line and the possibility of no Westbrook, I would be worried as an Eagles fan going againt #### Lebeau's Blitzburgh D.

If I knew the sigs weren't gonna be so gay I'd join, so instead I'll just leave it at this.

Ben Roethlisburger is gonna get rocked. Kearse, Hugh, Simon and Co. are gonna bring him down for at least three sacks and force an ugly pick. Duce Staley is gonna come out thinking he's got something to prove to Andy Reid and while he should have a good game it won't matter. Just like every other RB thats puts up a good stat line against the Eagles, his team will lose.

McNabb to Owens....2 more times this week :yes:
I have a good one brewing ... stay-in my man

Pats last week. Bush wins this week. Might as well make it three in a row. Steelers by 2 TDs again. I can't wait to see Polamalu decapitate Owens. Go Steelers. :stillers:

In for the Eagles.I could use a new "sig" anyway, one great game doesn't make a season - right?

Steeler fans.....I am going out of town tomorrow morning and won't be on the PC again until Monday, so I will leave it to everyone to come up with a killer sig. Please take a look at the rough draft I posted on page 1 of this thread and feel free to use some, all, or an edited version of it.Oh yeah, and..... :stillers:

Count me in for the Steelers. They will hand the Eagles their first loss of the season and prove they are the best team in the keystone state.

By the way Steelers fans, you better hope and pray Merrill Hoge doesn't pick you to beat the Eagles this week...he's 0-6 so far making that call. :D

By the way Steelers fans, you better hope and pray Merrill Hoge doesn't pick you to beat the Eagles this week...he's 0-6 so far making that call. :D
Meryl Hoge is such a fraud. he dug himself into a hole saying the eagles would be avg/not make the playoffs. Now every week he has to pick against them hoping for that one week where they may lose and he can say "see I told ya" .....But not this week Stiller fansI am in for the sig betGo Birds!!

Meryl Hoge is such a fraud. he dug himself into a hole saying the eagles would be avg/not make the playoffs. Now every week he has to pick against them hoping for that one week where they may lose and he can say "see I told ya" .....But not this week Stiller fansI am in for the sig betGo Birds!!
Thing is, Hoge was already at the very bottom of ESPN's on-air NFL personnel...now he's started to become a national laughing stock over this; and he better reverse course soon if he still wants to be the 3rd most important part of NFL Matchup (GB being less insightful than Suzy Kolber :D )

Alright gang...I'll be out of commish tomorrow so we need to lock in the sigs today before close of business. Anyone that wants to propose for either side, now's the time to do so.Incidentally, I don't have an official way of verifying this, but I think this is by far the largest sig bet we've ever had in the Shark Pool! :thumbup:

My recommendation for Pit fans if they lose:

Big Ben Rookie of the Year ... is that what I hear? The "ding dong" I hear is my clock being cleaned at the stroke of midnight and our ROY is no where to be found. All thats left is this soft and frumpy pumpkin surronded by empties of Yeungling (the best beer in Pennsylvania). Where did my Steerlers go? I have my terrible towel right here! Ill tell you where the Steelers went, as of 4pm Sunday November 7, 2004, destination LOSERVILLE, population 8. Big Ben has skills, everyone knows that, but his week 9 matchup versus the Philadelphia Eagles was more than he could handle, even at our Heins Field. Though I didnt want to admit it upfront, deep down I knew the beautiful Eagles were the far superior team, but I wanted to continue riding the media hype train with my Steelers. I am still on that derailed train ... waiving my terrible, yet soiled, towel. Ill always have my IC Light and the Panthers ... the Pirates dont count. The Pittsburgh Jazz band summed up the Steelers week 9 performace, we blew it!

I ate TO's popcorn => 11/07/2004 :popcorn:
JAAYes, you are required to copy all of the UBB code found here

Code:
Big Ben Rookie of the Year ... is that what I hear?  The "[COLOR=green]ding dong[/COLOR]" I hear is my clock being cleaned at the stroke of midnight and our ROY is no where to be found.  All thats left is this [COLOR=orange]soft and frumpy [URL=http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~vegnet/problem/imgpb98/pumpkin.jpg]pumpkin[/URL][/COLOR] surronded by empties of Yeungling (the best beer in Pennsylvania).  Where did my Steerlers go?  I have my [URL=http://www.underwaterworldinc.com/Gilboa%20Pics%208-25-03%20014.jpg]terrible towel[/URL] right here!  Ill tell you where the Steelers went, as of 4pm Sunday November 7, 2004, destination [B]LOSERVILLE[/B], population [COLOR=green][B]8[/B][/COLOR].  Big Ben has skills, everyone knows that, but his week 9 matchup versus the [COLOR=green][URL=http://www.vintagesportsshoppe.com/eag57.jpg]Philadelphia Eagles[/URL][/COLOR] was more than he could handle, even at our [COLOR=red][URL=http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/Stu/gyuzik/journal/6-12-03/Ketchup.jpg]Heins[/URL][/COLOR] Field.  Though I didnt want to admit it upfront, deep down I knew the [COLOR=green][URL=http://radioroadtrip.com/philly_cheer.jpg]beautiful Eagles[/URL][/COLOR] were the far superior team, but I wanted to continue riding the media hype train with my Steelers.  I am still on that derailed train ... waiving my terrible, yet soiled, towel.  Ill always have my IC Light and the Panthers ... the Pirates dont count.  The Pittsburgh Jazz band summed up the Steelers week 9 performace, we [URL=http://www.franastat.com/photogallery/jazzbands/fe132-will-alger-pittsburgh.jpg]blew[/URL] it!I ate [URL=http://www.terrellowens.com/photo/data/media/16/03-4_6.jpg]TO's[/URL] popcorn => 11/07/2004 :popcorn:

JAA, I'm fine with yours, provided you spell "Heinz" correctly. I'll have my suggestion for the Iggle losers within a couple hours.

JAA, I'm fine with yours, provided you spell "Heinz" correctly. I'll have my suggestion for the Iggle losers within a couple hours.
I spelled it incorrectly purposefully. Do you really think I would not know how to spell it after looking at about 100 images of ketchup? :football: :)Good luck stillers,JAA

Using the Grin's post as a starting point, I suggest:Rush Limbaugh could have been more effective against the mighty Steel Curtain than Donovan McNabb was. Terrell Owens is, was, and always will be a jagoff who hurts his team more than he helps it. We should never have let go of our heart and soul, Duce Staley. He was the only one among us with any guts, and now that the Steelers have him and Big Freaking Ben, they rule the NFL, Pennsylvania and the world, as is their rightful heritage. Meanwhile, the Eagles, as always, have proven to be losers, leaving their fans green with envy for the joy which the western half of the Commonwealth has come to expect. I only wish I could get my hands on an Iron City or Rolling Rock to drown my sorrows so that I didn't have to drink this swill they call beer in Philly.

I'm good with the Eagles proposal by JAA...Ahrns looks solid too, but I'll leave that to the Stillers fans to yea or nay.

My Nomination for the Losing Eagle Fans:The Eagles just got O\/\/ned by the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers. It's a good thing that this game was in Pittsburgh, because if we were embarrassed like that at home, The city of brotherly jackasses would most certainly have had to reopen the court under the stadium to lock up the drooling buttwipes that I call my fellow birdie fans. We are unquestionably the lowest common denominator of NFL fans, we even make the Raiders' fans look like alter boys. I should have known coming into this game that the Steelers are not only the best team in Pennsylvania, they are now unquestionably the best team in the NFL. I will be cheering for Big Ben for the NFL MVP this year, He's obviously more valuable than the dancing tard we call TO. If my birdies somehow make it to the NFC Championship this year, they will choke and lose -- just like he whole nation has come to expect from such a crappy town and fan base. In case you're wondering how long it's been since Philly has won ANYTHING, check here.I just choked and gagged on TO's popcorn :-(here's your copy and paste source:

Code:
[SIZE=1]The Eagles just got O\/\/ned by the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers.  It's a good thing that this game was in Pittsburgh, because if we were embarrassed like that at home, The city of brotherly jackasses would most certainly have had to reopen the court under the stadium to lock up the drooling buttwipes that I call my [URL=http://www.tcsdk12.org/rosebud/classrooms/jcompton/compton/webpage/images/MVC-006F.JPG]fellow birdie fans[/URL].  We are unquestionably the lowest common denominator of NFL fans, we even make the Raiders' fans look like alter boys.  I should have known coming into this game that the Steelers are not only the best team in Pennsylvania, they are now unquestionably the best team in the NFL.  I will be cheering for Big Ben for the NFL MVP this year, He's obviously more valuable than the dancing tard we call TO.  If my birdies somehow make it to the NFC Championship this year, they will choke and lose -- just like he whole nation has come to expect from such a crappy town and fan base.  In case you're wondering how long it's been since Philly has won ANYTHING, [URL=http://www.phillysucks.com]check here.[/URL]I just choked and gagged on TO's popcorn :-([/SIZE]
Anyone else with potential sigs?
I like it :thumbup: , nice!

My Nomination for the Losing Eagle Fans:The Eagles just got O\/\/ned by the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers. It's a good thing that this game was in Pittsburgh, because if we were embarrassed like that at home, The city of brotherly jackasses would most certainly have had to reopen the court under the stadium to lock up the drooling buttwipes that I call my fellow birdie fans. We are unquestionably the lowest common denominator of NFL fans, we even make the Raiders' fans look like alter boys. I should have known coming into this game that the Steelers are not only the best team in Pennsylvania, they are now unquestionably the best team in the NFL. I will be cheering for Big Ben for the NFL MVP this year, He's obviously more valuable than the dancing tard we call TO. If my birdies somehow make it to the NFC Championship this year, they will choke and lose -- just like he whole nation has come to expect from such a crappy town and fan base. In case you're wondering how long it's been since Philly has won ANYTHING, check here.I just choked and gagged on TO's popcorn :-(here's your copy and paste source:

Code:
[SIZE=1]The Eagles just got O\/\/ned by the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers.  It's a good thing that this game was in Pittsburgh, because if we were embarrassed like that at home, The city of brotherly jackasses would most certainly have had to reopen the court under the stadium to lock up the drooling buttwipes that I call my [URL=http://www.tcsdk12.org/rosebud/classrooms/jcompton/compton/webpage/images/MVC-006F.JPG]fellow birdie fans[/URL].  We are unquestionably the lowest common denominator of NFL fans, we even make the Raiders' fans look like alter boys.  I should have known coming into this game that the Steelers are not only the best team in Pennsylvania, they are now unquestionably the best team in the NFL.  I will be cheering for Big Ben for the NFL MVP this year, He's obviously more valuable than the dancing tard we call TO.  If my birdies somehow make it to the NFC Championship this year, they will choke and lose -- just like he whole nation has come to expect from such a crappy town and fan base.  In case you're wondering how long it's been since Philly has won ANYTHING, [URL=http://www.phillysucks.com]check here.[/URL]I just choked and gagged on TO's popcorn :-([/SIZE]
Anyone else with potential sigs?
I like it but maybe we should use some of grins at least the part of letting there "heart and soul" (Staley) go. good job :stillers:

Incidentally, I don't have an official way of verifying this, but I think this is by far the largest sig bet we've ever had in the Shark Pool! :thumbup:
Of course, there are nearly twice as many Steeler fans standing up as there are Loser fans, but I guess that's to be expected.

OK, I've merged parts of that one into mine. How's this one?

The Eagles just got O\/\/ned by the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers. I will be cheering for Big Ben for the NFL MVP this year, He's obviously more valuable than the dancing tard we call TO. Terrell Owens is, was, and always will be a jagoff who hurts his team more than he helps it. We should never have let go of our heart and soul, Duce Staley. He was the only one among us with any guts, and now that the Steelers have him and Big Freaking Ben, they rule the Pennsylvania, the NFL, and the world -- as is their rightful heritage. It's a good thing that this game was't in Philly, becuase the city of brotherly jackasses would most certainly have had to reopen the court under the stadium to lock up the drooling buttwipes that I call my fellow birdie fans. We are unquestionably the lowest common denominator of NFL fans, we even make the Raiders' fans look like alter boys. If my birdies somehow make it to the NFC Championship this year, they will choke and lose -- just like he whole nation has come to expect from such a crappy town and fan base.In case you're wondering how long it's been since Philly has won ANYTHING, check here.I just choked and gagged on TO's popcorn :-(
Code:
[SIZE=1]The Eagles just got O\/\/ned by the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers. I will be cheering for Big Ben for the NFL MVP this year, He's obviously more valuable than the dancing tard we call TO.  Terrell Owens is, was, and always will be a jagoff who hurts his team more than he helps it. We should never have let go of our heart and soul, Duce Staley. He was the only one among us with any guts, and now that the Steelers have him and Big Freaking Ben, they rule the Pennsylvania, the NFL, and the world  -- as is their rightful heritage. It's a good thing that this game was't in Philly, becuase the city of brotherly jackasses would most certainly have had to reopen the court under the stadium to lock up the drooling buttwipes that I call my [URL=http://www.tcsdk12.org/rosebud/classrooms/jcompton/compton/webpage/images/MVC-006F.JPG]fellow birdie fans[/URL].   We are unquestionably the lowest common denominator of NFL fans, we even make the Raiders' fans look like alter boys. If my birdies somehow make it to the NFC Championship this year, they will choke and lose -- just like he whole nation has come to expect from such a crappy town and fan base.In case you're wondering how long it's been since Philly has won ANYTHING, [URL=http://www.phillysucks.com]check here.[/URL]I just choked and gagged on TO's popcorn :-(     [/SIZE]

Suggested Eagle fan sig:

I like the AhrnCity has, but it's a little long and wordy. Gonna steal part though:

Eagle fan pledge:

I :bow: bow down to my cross state brothers in Black and Gold for their superior gridiron savvy and strength. I love Big Ben for MVP. I mourn the loss of the Duce. I wish Cowher were my coach. I love the Terrible Towel. I long to kiss each of their 4 Super Bowl rings. If the birds make the big dance, I quake in fear at the thought of a rematch with PITTSBURGH. :stillers:

In case you're wondering how long it's been since Philly has won ANYTHING, check here. :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread