What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steelers vs. Eagles...SIG BET TIME (1 Viewer)

Good sirs of Philly, here's your text to cut and paste into your sig for the next two weeks. :stillers: :stillers: :stillers: :stillers: :stillers: :stillers: :stillers: :stillers:

Code:
[SIZE=1]The Eagles just got O\/\/ned by the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers. I will be cheering for Big Ben for the NFL MVP this year, He's obviously more valuable than the dancing tard we call TO.  Terrell Owens is, was, and always will be a jagoff who hurts his team more than he helps it. We should never have let go of our heart and soul, Duce Staley. He was the only one among us with any guts, and now that the Steelers have him and Big Freaking Ben, they rule the Pennsylvania, the NFL, and the world  -- as is their rightful heritage. It's a good thing that this game was't in Philly, becuase the city of brotherly jackasses would most certainly have had to reopen the court under the stadium to lock up the drooling buttwipes that I call my [URL=http://www.tcsdk12.org/rosebud/classrooms/jcompton/compton/webpage/images/MVC-006F.JPG]fellow birdie fans[/URL].   We are unquestionably the lowest common denominator of NFL fans, we even make the Raiders' fans look like alter boys. If my birdies somehow make it to the NFC Championship this year, they will choke and lose -- just like he whole nation has come to expect from such a crappy town and fan base.In case you're wondering how long it's been since Philly has won ANYTHING, [URL=http://www.phillysucks.com]check here.[/URL]I just choked and gagged on TO's popcorn :-(     [/SIZE]

And here I thought it was gonna be a good game! Total annihilation by the men of Steele today, I'll be back later to post my new sig!!! :eek: :cry: :bag: :rotflmao:

I would like for everyone to decide which one I wear as I have not figured it out.1. Pittsburgh out coached my team of the Philadelphia Eagles2. Big Ben is the real deal.7-1 JAA
Instead of "wearing" something (don't know what you mean by that whether clothes or sig) how bout you put Hines Ward flapping like a bird mocking TO as your avatar.

by the way, I'm shocked, I said SHOCKED! that the Eagles failed to show up for a big game. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

man, the Eagles really choked today. that run defense is pathetic.another great showing by the Steelers. unbelieveable.

Just got home frmo the game. It was ROCKIN down there. You can feel the energy in the city building. I I I I I I I GOTTA FEEEEELIN . . . .:stillers: :stillers: :stillers:

man, the Eagles really choked today. that run defense is pathetic.another great showing by the Steelers. unbelieveable.
After the Browns racked up all of those rushing yards on the Eagles with their average at best O line this isn't a huge shock.The question is what will Reid do to try to fix the run D ?

Just got home frmo the game. It was ROCKIN down there. You can feel the energy in the city building. I I I I I I I GOTTA FEEEEELIN . . . .:stillers: :stillers: :stillers:
...deep down, deep down in my soul :stillers: :stillers: Next?

So are the Steelers this good or are the Eagles this bad? Maybe it's just one game but the Philly O and D line looked horrendous. I like the Bus but 150 yards??? As great as the Steelers O-line has been good Ds don't give up 150 yards to the Bus. Good God, I hope Brian Dawkins at least got his license plate.Talk about domination, offensively the Eagles finished with:7 first downs113 Total Yards3rd/4th Down efficiency 0/9Time of Possession 18:11McNabb looked an AWFUL lot like the Steelers old QB (Kordell Stewart) today. How bad is the NFC. :boxing:

Did anyone else find it particularly satisfying to watch Hines do that stupid bird dance in the end zone? I love how Fox cut right to T.O. after that to catch his look of chagrin..... there is nothing better than shutting that guy up.

Did anyone else find it particularly satisfying to watch Hines do that stupid bird dance in the end zone? I love how Fox cut right to T.O. after that to catch his look of chagrin..... there is nothing better than shutting that guy up.
Yes... that was quite amusing... :yes:

What I am really interested in is seeing all the media hoopla because TO called Hines a coward in the lockerroom after the game :yucky:

What I am really interested in is seeing all the media hoopla because TO called Hines a coward in the lockerroom after the game :yucky:
jackarsefor 1 week this season I was going to be a steelerzfan---I don't care if we're still 2 games backwatching Owens ride Mcnabb up the sideline, bending his ear was the first...but won't be the last...of this 'all I want to do is be a teammate' BS he spits out :yucky: way to :stillers: way to go!...see ya week 16 for a game that I am sure will have something to do w/a division title

Hines Ward.......... a coward. :rolleyes: Now I have heard everything.

You have a link to this story? I am dying to read what he said, but can't seem to find it anywhere yet....

Did anyone else find it particularly satisfying to watch Hines do that stupid bird dance in the end zone?  I love how Fox cut right to T.O. after that to catch his look of chagrin..... there is nothing better than shutting that guy up.
You have a link to this story? I am dying to read what he said, but can't seem to find it anywhere yet....
Its not a story, sorry for not putting a :rolleyes: there. It was a pick at the media and Ray-Ray

Did anyone else find it particularly satisfying to watch Hines do that stupid bird dance in the end zone?  I love how Fox cut right to T.O. after that to catch his look of chagrin..... there is nothing better than shutting that guy up.
Its not a story, sorry for not putting a :rolleyes: there. It was a pick at the media and Ray-Ray
Gotcha.I wouldn't have been surprised at that loudmouth saying something like that. That guy just cannot shut up.

For the record, on the Lewis/Owens fiasco, Owens did say, and I quote :

"You have a guy like Ray Lewis, who, I mean, I thought pretty much he was my friend. I mean, this is a guy, you know, double-murder case, he could have been in jail. Seems like the league embraces a guy like that. But I'm going out scoring touchdowns, having fun, but I'm the bad guy."

And then backpedals afterwards saying he was "misrepresented" by ESPN. :unsure:

:bag:At a conference down in FLA this week, but I didn't want to leave the much deserving fans in Steeltown hanging...MAN, what a :cX: showing that was by the Birds. Couldn't stop the run, couldn't throw or pass against the Steelers, absolutely HORRIBLE.Well, you have to give credit where credit is due, the Steelers beat the two consensus "best teams," one from each conference in about as convincing a manner as humanly possible.Hopefully we'll see them again in Jacksonville.Congrats again:bag:

:bag:At a conference down in FLA this week, but I didn't want to leave the much deserving fans in Steeltown hanging...MAN, what a :cX: showing that was by the Birds. Couldn't stop the run, couldn't throw or pass against the Steelers, absolutely HORRIBLE.Well, you have to give credit where credit is due, the Steelers beat the two consensus "best teams," one from each conference in about as convincing a manner as humanly possible.Hopefully we'll see them again in Jacksonville.Congrats again:bag:
If we see you guys again in Jacksonville, I'll be there. Orlando - Jax : about a 2-3 hour drive.:stillers:

By my count, the following Eagle supporters have yet to adopt their new sig :ZOONATIONPHILLY HAWKOTISPlease feel free to hunt these people down on the boards and harrass them into putting the sig on, otherwise it isn't fair to everyone else who sacked up and applied it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[For the record, on the Lewis/Owens fiasco, Owens did say, and I quote :

"You have a guy like Ray Lewis, who, I mean, I thought pretty much he was my friend. I mean, this is a guy, you know, double-murder case, he could have been in jail. Seems like the league embraces a guy like that. But I'm going out scoring touchdowns, having fun, but I'm the bad guy."

Also, for the record, he said that after Joey Porter said
"[The national media] likes Ray Lewis so much, you love it when he dances," Porter told the Tribune-Review newspaper of suburban Pittsburgh. "But Terrell dances or does something, just because you guys don't like him, you say, 'Ah, I don't think he should do that.'

"But this guy [Lewis] just comes off a murder case and he comes back dancing and goes to the Super Bowl and you love every minute about it. He gets a four-minute introduction when he comes out. They absolutely go crazy for it."

[For the record, on the Lewis/Owens fiasco, Owens did say, and I quote :

Also, for the record, he said that after Joey Porter said
"[The national media] likes Ray Lewis so much, you love it when he dances," Porter told the Tribune-Review newspaper of suburban Pittsburgh. "But Terrell dances or does something, just because you guys don't like him, you say, 'Ah, I don't think he should do that.'

"But this guy [Lewis] just comes off a murder case and he comes back dancing and goes to the Super Bowl and you love every minute about it. He gets a four-minute introduction when he comes out. They absolutely go crazy for it."
And they both may be right. The differences are :Joey Porter isn't friends with Ray Lewis.

Joey Porter didn't back off what he said after the fact.

Joey Porter isn't already infamous nationwide for being a motormouth and a distraction.

Joey Porter isn't slagging players on a team he already insulted by refusing to play for them.

Joey Porter knows his comments aren't going to get blown out of proportion in the national media.

Look, TO may be exactly right in what he was saying, that's not the point. The point is that the guy never shuts the hell up for one, and second, once you make the statement, stand by it. Don't try to blame ESPN and say you were misrepresented. How could you possibly misconstrue his comment? That's what I was taking issue with, not the comment itself.

Checking in...
Good man..... will edit my post to remove you from the list.
Man, Roelithberger is a stud. What a game he played. Too bad he'll have to wait a couple of more years to get to the big show though. :bag:
That remains to be seen.... the Patriots better hope that they don't have to come back to Heinz to play again, otherwise I'm getting ready to reserve a room in Jacksonville....

And they both may be right. The differences are :Joey Porter isn't friends with Ray Lewis.Joey Porter didn't back off what he said after the fact.Joey Porter isn't already infamous nationwide for being a motormouth and a distraction.Joey Porter isn't slagging players on a team he already insulted by refusing to play for them.Joey Porter knows his comments aren't going to get blown out of proportion in the national media.Look, TO may be exactly right in what he was saying, that's not the point. The point is that the guy never shuts the hell up for one, and second, once you make the statement, stand by it. Don't try to blame ESPN and say you were misrepresented. How could you possibly misconstrue his comment? That's what I was taking issue with, not the comment itself.
Another key difference is that Ray-Ray didn't mock T.O. before the game...calling him too cowardly to face the Ravens while he had a bullet in his ###, and precipitating a brawl during pre-game warm-ups that spilled over to the team bus after the game.Luckily for Porter, Ray-Ray's homeboys wouldn't be seen riding on the team bus and were instead sitting in his personal limo sharpening their Special Edition Super Bowl XXXIV switchblades.

And they both may be right. The differences are :Joey Porter isn't friends with Ray Lewis.Joey Porter didn't back off what he said after the fact.Joey Porter isn't already infamous nationwide for being a motormouth and a distraction.Joey Porter isn't slagging players on a team he already insulted by refusing to play for them.Joey Porter knows his comments aren't going to get blown out of proportion in the national media.Look, TO may be exactly right in what he was saying, that's not the point. The point is that the guy never shuts the hell up for one, and second, once you make the statement, stand by it. Don't try to blame ESPN and say you were misrepresented. How could you possibly misconstrue his comment? That's what I was taking issue with, not the comment itself.
Another key difference is that Ray-Ray didn't mock T.O. before the game...calling him too cowardly to face the Ravens while he had a bullet in his ###, and precipitating a brawl during pre-game warm-ups that spilled over to the team bus after the game.Luckily for Porter, Ray-Ray's homeboys wouldn't be seen riding on the team bus and were instead sitting in his personal limo sharpening their Special Edition Super Bowl XXXIV switchblades.
You're absolutely right.... that had slipped my mind. Good point.

Sorry Jason, but I gotta call BS on this.Does anybody remember who went completely AWOL from the boards after the Panthers spanked the Beagles - the last time they lost?It was Wood.Lurking with your alias to avoid having to show the signature? C'mon. Sack up and pay up. Your contribution to the sharktank is second to none. I'd pay to subscribe to an FFL service if it was your Mort-like knowledge that was spillin'. But this disappearing act after any Eagle loss has got to be overcome!

By my count, the following Eagle supporters have yet to adopt their new sig :ZOONATIONPHILLY HAWKOTISHYDROXYBEARPlease feel free to hunt these people down on the boards and harrass them into putting the sig on, otherwise it isn't fair to everyone else who sacked up and applied it.
Evilgrin, your post can't be considered legit without the appropriate smiley!:madcow:

This #### is ugly!! I'm gonna be a little quiet for the next two weeks! ;) I can only hope for the big rematch to get some payback.

Users who are viewing this thread