What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stevan Ridley Support Group (1 Viewer)

Are people starting Bolden over Ridley this week?
I am and it's not even a PPR league. I simply don't trust Ridley anymore. Let's not forget the fumbles. He's one play away at all times from being done for the day.Someone mentioned that Bolden's stats were unsustainable. Really? Have you been watching what the pass catching RB in this offense is capable of doing on a weekly basis? That's was Bolden's first crack at it after being injured so naturally he's going to have limited touches the very first week back. I'm riding this train till Vereen rolls him off the track.
I hope you are right. I cut Ridley in one league and picked up Vereen/Ridley in my other one.

I am and it's not even a PPR league. I simply don't trust Ridley anymore. Let's not forget the fumbles. He's one play away at all times from being done for the day.Someone mentioned that Bolden's stats were unsustainable. Really? Have you been watching what the pass catching RB in this offense is capable of doing on a weekly basis? That's was Bolden's first crack at it after being injured so naturally he's going to have limited touches the very first week back. I'm riding this train till Vereen rolls him off the track.
I hope you are right. I cut Ridley in one league and picked up Vereen/Ridley in my other one.
I cant trade Ridley for a bag of fingernails right now. Everyone knows what he's capable of but are scared to death of him going Lawrence Maroney. The only reason he's on my roster is he's a friggin second round pick. <_<

I am and it's not even a PPR league. I simply don't trust Ridley anymore. Let's not forget the fumbles. He's one play away at all times from being done for the day.

Someone mentioned that Bolden's stats were unsustainable. Really? Have you been watching what the pass catching RB in this offense is capable of doing on a weekly basis? That's was Bolden's first crack at it after being injured so naturally he's going to have limited touches the very first week back. I'm riding this train till Vereen rolls him off the track.
I'm a huge Pats fan, watch all the games. What Bolden did last week on like 10 touches is not sustainable. Unless you project him to 10.0 ypt for the rest of the year.

And the Pats 3rd down/pass-catching back has been no more than a bye week flex play for as long as I can remember. I know people are googly-eyed about what Vereen did in Week 1 but he's had a few of those games in his first two years sandwiched between a whole lotta crickets.

The one constant is Ridley. Had they had a few goal line RB opps the first week weeks and he had 2-3 TDs no one would be complaining. The way TB is playing inside the 10 they'll start running more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone cutting Ridley needs their head examined. If guys like Kendall Hunter and Christine Michael are rostered in every league then Ridley being cut is ridiculous. His upside is massive once they get a passing game going, which can happen as soon as week 5 if Gronk and Amendola are both back.

Ridley was one fumble from scoring 100+/2TD+ in week 1 against a horrible Bills team. His fumble just gave the touches to Vereen. Nobody would be complaining if that had happened.

Extremely short-sighted to cut bait on him after three weeks. You're going to regret that one, big time.

I am and it's not even a PPR league. I simply don't trust Ridley anymore. Let's not forget the fumbles. He's one play away at all times from being done for the day.

Someone mentioned that Bolden's stats were unsustainable. Really? Have you been watching what the pass catching RB in this offense is capable of doing on a weekly basis? That's was Bolden's first crack at it after being injured so naturally he's going to have limited touches the very first week back. I'm riding this train till Vereen rolls him off the track.
I'm a huge Pats fan, watch all the games. What Bolden did last week on like 10 touches is not sustainable. Unless you project him to 10.0 ypt for the rest of the year.

And the Pats 3rd down/pass-catching back has been no more than a bye week flex play for as long as I can remember. I know people are googly-eyed about what Vereen did in Week 1 but he's had a few of those games in his first two years sandwiched between a whole lotta crickets.

The one constant is Ridley. Had they had a few goal line RB opps the first week weeks and he had 2-3 TDs no one would be complaining. The way TB is playing inside the 10 they'll start running more.
What about Bolden's game does not appear sustainable to you? I didn't come away with that at all. The Patriots made a concerted effort to get Bolden the ball.

- On at least 8 plays, he lined up in the backfield in the shotgun, and motioned out wide and lined up as a WR. He was actually targeted from this position, including on the Pats WR screen they always run.

- The first play of the game was a traditional RB screen, I think he got like 12 yards if memory serves.

- They did the direct snap + Brady-pretends-ball-went-over-his-head play to Bolden.

With all of that, he only ended up with 8 touches, and posted 100 all-purpose yards. Certainly he's not going to average that much per touch, but if they continue to make him that much of a focus, I think he could put up totals like that.

Anyone cutting Ridley needs their head examined. If guys like Kendall Hunter and Christine Michael are rostered in every league then Ridley being cut is ridiculous. His upside is massive once they get a passing game going, which can happen as soon as week 5 if Gronk and Amendola are both back.

Ridley was one fumble from scoring 100+/2TD+ in week 1 against a horrible Bills team. His fumble just gave the touches to Vereen. Nobody would be complaining if that had happened.

Extremely short-sighted to cut bait on him after three weeks. You're going to regret that one, big time.
If I posted my roster then you would agree cutting him had to be done. I also screwed up in my post. Meant to write picked up Bolden/Vereen

I didn't cut him, but I traded him for Fitz in a dynasty league.

What about Bolden's game does not appear sustainable to you? I didn't come away with that at all. The Patriots made a concerted effort to get Bolden the ball.

- On at least 8 plays, he lined up in the backfield in the shotgun, and motioned out wide and lined up as a WR. He was actually targeted from this position, including on the Pats WR screen they always run.

- The first play of the game was a traditional RB screen, I think he got like 12 yards if memory serves.

- They did the direct snap + Brady-pretends-ball-went-over-his-head play to Bolden.

With all of that, he only ended up with 8 touches, and posted 100 all-purpose yards. Certainly he's not going to average that much per touch, but if they continue to make him that much of a focus, I think he could put up totals like that.
You just described plays that I've seen Woodhead & Faulk perform 100x. That tells you the role Bolden is playing. He'll be about as fantasy relevant as they were. Maybe he'll get a few more rushes.

Where we disagree is your statement "if they continue to make him that much of a focus" in referencing a game where he got only 8 touches, hardly a focus. I guess you are speculating this number will go up making him more valuable. I see 8 touches to be the norm for him and I don't expect him to average 10-12 yards per touch ergo I see him as a spot play, certainly no one I would ever bench Ridley for and most definitely not someone I would trade Ridley straight up for.

He gets benched for legarette effin blount.. hahahahaha. Wow
I thought Ridley actually looked decent this week. After Blount ripped that big run--it would have been hard to take him off of the field--but the "eye test" on Ridley didn't look horrible to me tonight. Don't get me wrong--owning him still sucks-- but I thought he looked crisper today.

He gets benched for legarette effin blount.. hahahahaha. Wow
Was this the case? Why was Ridley benched?
I watched the game and I didn't get the vibe that he was benched. He was playing decent and then Legarrette came in and ripped off a nice td run--and after that point I think it was hard to take Blount out of the game. I didn't get the impression that it was any sort of indictment against Ridley but maybe there is something that I didn't see.

@jvdesigns

Wouldn't even waste the time to respond to false start. He's just looking for a dumb argument to bait people into.
Yes because I say things like Ridley is not rosterable, and he backs it up with another stinker to prove he is not a worthy rosterable RB.

Since saying he is not rosterable means I'm a troll. Ridley is so good guys named Blount and Bolden get mort important carries over him. Ridley is the best he should be on every roster and get starts over everyone from here on out. I love when Ridley owners get mad about it instead of accepting he is just not good.

I thought Ridley played well. I played Bolden out of desperation on SNF, and from my perspective, Ridley appeared to be the most talented back in the rotation. I think this is the time to buy low on Ridley...when Gronk gets back, the holes will open up for him.

Isotopes said:
I thought Ridley played well. I played Bolden out of desperation on SNF, and from my perspective, Ridley appeared to be the most talented back in the rotation. I think this is the time to buy low on Ridley...when Gronk gets back, the holes will open up for him.
I don't think it's the holes so much, it's more the workload. Not sure if Gronk is going to have an impact on that.

When I referenced Gronk, I was thinking more of taking a linebacker out of the running lanes...not necessarily blocking.

When I referenced Gronk, I was thinking more of taking a linebacker out of the running lanes...not necessarily blocking.
I meant that the reason Ridley isn't putting up fantasy numbers isn't really because he doesn't have holes to run through, it's more that he isn't getting a ton of touches.

As sad as this is... I am debating dropping Ridley for Le'Veon Bell. At least theres no speculation on who's getting the lions share of the carries in Pittsburgh. And thats dropping him over Lamar MIller! Just pissed I wasted a pick on him.

Rotoworld:

Stevan Ridley played six snaps after his second quarter fumble in Monday night's loss at Charlotte.

The fumble was Ridley's eighth since the final game of the 2011 season. But owners should be encouraged that he wasn't completely benched, getting critical carries deep in the tight game and scoring a touchdown. It's a sign that coach Bill Belichick realizes the gap between Ridley and LeGarrette Blount is wide despite the butterfingers. We'd tentatively expect Ridley to start and handle a majority of the base work against the Broncos in Week 12.

Related: LeGarrette Blount

Source: ESPN.com

Ridley has been money. The fumble scares me. The production of Vereen scares me more.

I am not as confident starting him, but will likely roll with him again.

I don't like his snap percentage from last week (26%). With the return of Vereen, and the solid output of Blount, I think that it's time to sell high in Dynasty.

Been riding him during his recent hot streak but with Vereen back and another fumble he just scares the bejeezus out of me.

Ugh. Between Ridley and Chiefs Defense, they got me a combined -6.6 points on the week. Somehow I am still up 11 going into Monday night game with players left on both sides.

I really wonder if they sit him down and put Bolden in his role? The early fumbles are a killer and now they have more options at RB. Ridley's likely their best pure runner but he's not going to play if he fumbles.

Rotoworld:

Stevan Ridley did not play a single snap after his first quarter fumble in Sunday night's overtime win against the Broncos.
Ridley has now lost four fumbles this season and seven since the final game of the 2011 campaign. He was replaced by LeGarrette Blount initially, but Blount also lost a fumble which led to a 13/58/1 night for Brandon Bolden. "For me, it's almost disgusting -- consecutive weeks, and personally as a player, my team deserves better," Ridley said. "I come in. I work and bust my ### every day to come in here and not make the same mistakes. To have the same mistakes happen, there's something I've got to do different, I've got to do better." We wouldn't bet on Ridley getting his starting job back for the Week 13 game at Houston.

Related: LeGarrette Blount, Brandon Bolden

Source: Boston Herald

Can Bolden be trusted now as a week 13 fantasy start? I can't see Ridley carrying the ball again for the NE Patriots.

Can Bolden be trusted now as a week 13 fantasy start? I can't see Ridley carrying the ball again for the NE Patriots.
I wouldn't go too far. Bolden can be productive, but doesn't really give the Pats a run game when they are looking for one. When Ridley wasn't fumbling, he was gaining chunks of yards on the ground and scoring touchdowns in the red zone. The Pats are going to need a run game at some point, and don't think they can afford to shelf this guy. I can see Ridley see a reduced role going forward, but he certainly won't be inactive.

He isn't startable for your fantasy team until you see how deep in the doghouse he truly is..

Users who are viewing this thread