What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steve Smith has message for FredEx (1 Viewer)

Family Matters

Footballguy
Interesting comments from Steve Smith:-- Smith Rips Mitchell --Mon Jan 31, 2005 --from FFMastermind.comThe Florida Times-Union reports Carolina Panthers WR Steve Smith, who caught four passes in last year's Super Bowl, including a 39-yard touchdown, ripped Eagles WR Freddie Mitchell on Sporting News Radio after Mitchell criticized the Patriots last week. Said Smith: "Freddie Mitchell has 22 catches [this season]. He's not a premier receiver. My son in flag football had 22 catches. That's the level he's on. I got half of his receptions [he actually had six] and I only played in one game! And he got 22? Whoop-dee-do. He's a joke. I was drafted in the third round. He was drafted in the first round. Hey, I'm not going to say it É bust É bust ... and I'm not talking about Jerome the Bus either. He's [Mitchell] garbage and Steve Smith said it. If he's got a problem, he knows where to find me -- North Carolina.''

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing what people will say to get attention. Freddies there- he can talk. Steve Smith squandered his chance and it may be over for him. I think he's just mad the Eagles were the only team to shut him down in the playoffs.

Freddie Mitchell is a clown who's going to display serious alligator-arms around Rodney Harrison.Friggin' big mouth. Keep that head on a swivel, bud!

He would beat the crap out of Mitchell.
I don't know. Until I see Smith in a ring, I've got to go with the guy who's currently holding the belt. :P
What belt?And what part of Smith's comments are untrue?
The part where FredEx currently has a better chance of getting a ring than him
:loco: Uh yeah, whatever. Mitchell sucks...and realizing you're about to have some reliance on the guy should scare you, deeply.He sucks. What a horrible first round pick. And what a total moron. Go on, be proud.

I don't know. Until I see Smith in a ring, I've got to go with the guy who's currently holding the belt. :P
Smith could still beat the crap out of him. Smith isn't in anger management classes for being Mr. Mellow. :boxing:

I can understand good players talkin' smack. And I can understand anybody talkin' smack with their buddies. But when someone who is a bit player tries to talk big time smack, it's like he's not plugged all the way into the wall, he's missing one of his top drawers, and he's not dealing with a full deck.

Freddie the Squirrel Mitchell wishes, and I mean wishes, he could just once catch a ball, or take a hit, like Steve Smith can. Hell, if Freida had half the speed and quickness of Steve Smith, maybe she'd lose some of her fears.

There is nothing better than one football player flat-out calling a pretender out. I love it. I mean, he has basically just publicly stated that, in as many words,

"not only do you suck, Freida Mitchell, you are a fraud and a failure. And if you have a problem with any of that, I will be glad to beat the living crap out of you, any time, any place. :rotflmao:

Maybe Smith and Mitchell could do the halftime show? 3 rounds that way Smith could toy with him for 2 before the knock out. Then followed by Janet Jackson with her "breast hits" singing "It's Easy As FCC".

I "hate" them both actually (from a fan's perspective). They are both very difficult to "root" for in my book. Freddie sucks and talks too much, while Smith has a severe Naploeonic complex. Why is Smith even commenting on this situation? I do not care what Freddie thinks of Freddie (a LOT), and I think I care even less about what Smith thinks of Freddie (not very much).Smith is just as guilty as Freddie for trying to snag the spotlight for no justifiable reason. The guy didn't play this year, and his team didn't even make the playoffs. Just go rehab, come back strong next year, help your team make the playoffs, and THEN do some talking.

:loco: Uh yeah, whatever. Mitchell sucks...and realizing you're about to have some reliance on the guy should scare you, deeply.He sucks. What a horrible first round pick. And what a total moron. Go on, be proud.
Dont think I am calling fredEx the butter on the Eagles bread. I am simply stating there are 30 other teams full of WRs that would love to be in FredEx's shoes even riding the pine.SSmith, whom I think is a great NFL receiver, needs to keep his mouth shut while on the golf course. Let Freddie decide his own fate.

How can the people blasting FredEx for making a comment be praising Smith for making comments? Why the hell is Steve Smith saying anything?

Being in the Superbowl means nothing if you didn't really contribute so some player along for the ride to the Superbowl has NO right to talk smack. That is exactly what Freddie is doing.

How can the people blasting FredEx for making a comment be praising Smith for making comments? Why the hell is Steve Smith saying anything?
Cause he is POed just like many other people about a nobody claiming he is "the man"What better person to call him out...than an actual good WR. Gives more credibility to his comments, rather than you or I who are the furthest thing from a WR in the NFL and have no right.

Cause he is POed just like many other people about a nobody claiming he is "the man"What a better person to call him out, than an actual good WR. Gives more credibility to his comments, rather than you or I who are the furthest thing from a WR in the NFL and have no right.
To me, it sounds like he's bitter that he's not in the Super Bowl more than anything else.

Cause he is POed just like many other people about a nobody claiming he is "the man"What a better person to call him out, than an actual good WR. Gives more credibility to his comments, rather than you or I who are the furthest thing from a WR in the NFL and have no right.
To me, it sounds like he's bitter that he's not in the Super Bowl more than anything else.
Or.......he doesnt like chumps claiming they are champs just like many others.You honestly think a good WR who in the NFL is jealous of a 3rd string WR who is just tagging along to the Superbowl? LOL Give me a break

:loco: Uh yeah, whatever. Mitchell sucks...and realizing you're about to have some reliance on the guy should scare you, deeply.

He sucks. What a horrible first round pick. And what a total moron. Go on, be proud.
Dont think I am calling fredEx the butter on the Eagles bread. I am simply stating there are 30 other teams full of WRs that would love to be in FredEx's shoes even riding the pine.SSmith, whom I think is a great NFL receiver, needs to keep his mouth shut while on the golf course. Let Freddie decide his own fate.
Look, Freida brought this upon herself. So Steve Smith couldn't hold back what many others were also thinking. So what? He probably should have kept quiet, but a reporter asked, and he answered.

The difference here is that Smith really does have ground to speak on...and Freida doesn't. Smith was an integral part of Carolina's offensive success. He has been an over-achiever....Mitchell has been an under-achiever. She did little to get her team there...and she has been nothing but a disappointment since being drafted in the first round. Smith simply stated that, when asked. And he's right.

JAA, you've been vocal in your support of TO, and his mouth...largely because you think he mostly speaks the truth. Okay then, but don't be a hypocrite when another player speaks the truth...just because he isn't on "your" team.

:loco: Uh yeah, whatever. Mitchell sucks...and realizing you're about to have some reliance on the guy should scare you, deeply.

He sucks. What a horrible first round pick. And what a total moron. Go on, be proud.
Look, Freida brought this upon herself. So Steve Smith couldn't hold back what many others were also thinking. So what? He probably should have kept quiet, but a reporter asked, and he answered.

The difference here is that Smith really does have ground to speak on...and Freida doesn't. Smith was an integral part of Carolina's offensive success. He has been an over-achiever....Mitchell has been an under-achiever. She did little to get her team there...and she has been nothing but a disappointment since being drafted in the first round. Smith simply stated that, when asked. And he's right.

JAA, you've been vocal in your support of TO, and his mouth...largely because you think he mostly speaks the truth. Okay then, but don't be a hypocrite when another player speaks the truth...just because he isn't on "your" team.
Smith did a lot more than simply answer with the flag football comments. He completely bashed him. Freddie only said AS A JOKE, that he only knew the Patriots secondary by number, not by name. I really can't believe how much has been taken from this. It's not as if he said that they suck.

PURE GOLD!!!!

:rotflmao: at Steve Smith's statement. The truth is great.

Mitchell's responce may look something like this:

Is FredEx supposed to know who Steve Smith is? What team!? I'll tell you the number but the name is not important...

Being in the Superbowl means nothing if you didn't really contribute so some player along for the ride to the Superbowl has NO right to talk smack. That is exactly what Freddie is doing.
I dont agree. Every Eagle has the right to. Even the water boy. Now if the water boy was saying he was better than Steve Smith ... well, I dont think I would agree.

How can the people blasting FredEx for making a comment be praising Smith for making comments?  Why the hell is Steve Smith saying anything?
Cause he is POed just like many other people about a nobody claiming he is "the man"What better person to call him out...than an actual good WR. Gives more credibility to his comments, rather than you or I who are the furthest thing from a WR in the NFL and have no right.
When did FredEx say he "is POed just like many other people about a nobody claiming he is "the man"". Please provide link. Thanks

When did FredEx say he "is POed just like many other people about a nobody claiming he is "the man"". Please provide link. Thanks
Maybe you misunderstood.STEVE SMITH is POed just like many other people that a nobody (FREDDIE MITCHELL) is claiming that FREDDIE MITCHELL is "the man"

The only thing I am defending is FredEx's allowance to speak. Let him speak all he wants. As far as I am concerned, as an Eagles fan, is that as a WR3 enetering the season, when the team needed him most, FredEx has stepped up. You cant deny that when give the opportunity FredEx has made plays in the playoffs. FredEx hasnt started talking smack since the playoffs. He has performed, and in my book, he can talk smack until he doesnt back it up. :2cents:

How can the people blasting FredEx for making a comment be praising Smith for making comments?  Why the hell is Steve Smith saying anything?
Maybe you misunderstood.STEVE SMITH is POed just like many other people that a nobody (FREDDIE MITCHELL) is claiming that FREDDIE MITCHELL is "the man"
ahhh, that would make more sense. Well, I am claiming SSmith is great as a non-injured player on the Panthers. NFL = Not For Long

Thats exactly the thing. Two mediocre games doesn't make you a success and a star to begin strutting around.He's a tool. And Steve Smith calling him out like this is absolutely great.

Smith did a lot more than simply answer with the flag football comments. He completely bashed him. Freddie only said AS A JOKE, that he only knew the Patriots secondary by number, not by name. I really can't believe how much has been taken from this. It's not as if he said that they suck.
Oh, give me a f'n break. It is no secret Mitchell is a mouth, and a moron, who has done almost nothing in the NFL. If you don't think he brings this crap upon himself, you are completely biased, and hold zero credibility in this.As for Steve Smith, he has every right to answer a reporter's question with his thoughts. Of which, are nothing, if not truthful. DO SOMETHING FIRST.

Thats exactly the thing. Two mediocre games doesn't make you a success and a star to begin strutting around.
then why all the hype? Why does the media keep asking all those questions?

The only thing I am defending is FredEx's allowance to speak. Let him speak all he wants. As far as I am concerned, as an Eagles fan, is that as a WR3 enetering the season, when the team needed him most, FredEx has stepped up. You cant deny that when give the opportunity FredEx has made plays in the playoffs. FredEx hasnt started talking smack since the playoffs. He has performed, and in my book, he can talk smack until he doesnt back it up. :2cents:
This is the best part from JAA:
SSmith...needs to keep his mouth shut while on the golf course. Let Freddie decide his own fate.
This, mind you, was brought to you by none other than the President of the "T.O. CAN SAY WHATEVER THE F HE WANTS" Fan Club. In your world, JAA, T.O. should not have been able to speak since his injury. He should "shut up while in rehab."This really is hysterical, to me...the hypocrisy. :rotflmao:

Here's the deal. It's Superbowl week. Players, past and present, are asked for opinions. Steve Smith gave his, has ground to speak from, and was nothing, if not truthful.

DEAL WITH IT.

Oh, give me a f'n break. It is no secret Mitchell is a mouth, and a moron, who has done almost nothing in the NFL. If you don't think he brings this crap upon himself, you are completely biased, and hold zero credibility in this.As for Steve Smith, he has every right to answer a reporter's question with his thoughts. Of which, are nothing, if not truthful. DO SOMETHING FIRST.
Mitchell was joking around, not going out of his way to bash anyone. You and everyone else are reading way too much into this. Mitchell made his joke almost a week ago now, apologized for it and here we are still talking about it. He has said nothing else since then. If anyone is running their mouth, it's Harrison or Steve Smith.

So Freddie, whoose in the SuperBowl for the first time, who is in the spotlight for the first time "is a mouth, and a moron", while Steve Smith who is on some golf course somewhere enjoying his offseason "has every right to answer" because SSmith did nothing this year, had 2 great seasons in the NFL after coming from the XFL. :potkettle:

This is the best part from JAA:

SSmith...needs to keep his mouth shut while on the golf course.  Let Freddie decide his own fate.
This, mind you, was brought to you by none other than the President of the "T.O. CAN SAY WHATEVER THE F HE WANTS" Fan Club. In your world, JAA, T.O. should not have been able to speak since his injury. He should "shut up while in rehab."This really is hysterical, to me...the hypocrisy. :rotflmao:

Here's the deal. It's Superbowl week. Players, past and present, are asked for opinions. Steve Smith gave his, has ground to speak from, and was nothing, if not truthful.

DEAL WITH IT.
I defend TOs right to speak just like I am defending FredEx's, Rodney Harrisons, etc all WHO ARE STILL PLAYING!! Did you not see my thread where I said you should be allowed to talk smack when you have an opportunity to back it up and not after the game is over rubing it in someones face.I dont know where you are coming off from Sonny, you need to get back on your chill pills or something. Did you lose big again at the track again or something?

Oh, give me a f'n break. It is no secret Mitchell is a mouth, and a moron, who has done almost nothing in the NFL. If you don't think he brings this crap upon himself, you are completely biased, and hold zero credibility in this.

As for Steve Smith, he has every right to answer a reporter's question with his thoughts. Of which, are nothing, if not truthful. DO SOMETHING FIRST.
So Freddie, whoose in the SuperBowl for the first time, who is in the spotlight for the first time "is a mouth, and a moron", while Steve Smith who is on some golf course somewhere enjoying his offseason "has every right to answer" because SSmith did nothing this year, had 2 great seasons in the NFL after coming from the XFL. :potkettle:
Don't turn the hypocrite label around on me with a convenient emoticon placement.No. You sir, have earned that right...with almost every sentence you type.

T.O. Freedom of Speech Fanclub -- GAA :yes: . You're not only the President, you're poster boy for talking out of both sides of your mouth. :hophead:

:hophead:

Oh, give me a f'n break.  It is no secret Mitchell is a mouth, and a moron, who has done almost nothing in the NFL.  If you don't think he brings this crap upon himself, you are completely biased, and hold zero credibility in this.

As for Steve Smith, he has every right to answer a reporter's question with his thoughts.  Of which, are nothing, if not truthful.  DO SOMETHING FIRST.
Don't turn the hypocrite label around on me with a conveniant emoticon placement.You sir, have earned that right...with almost every sentence you type.

T.O. Freedom of Speech Fanclub -- GAA :yes: . You're not only the President, you're poster boy for talking out of both sides of your mouth. :hophead:

Thats a heck of a comeback there. Good luck to you and your witt-less :fishing: :crazy:

Mitchell was joking around, not going out of his way to bash anyone. You and everyone else are reading way too much into this. Mitchell made his joke almost a week ago now, apologized for it and here we are still talking about it. He has said nothing else since then. If anyone is running their mouth, it's Harrison or Steve Smith.
Its obvious this is some sort of :e: :fishing: . Each of those guys lost so much credability when they started going around trying to fish

Its obvious this is some sort of :e: :fishing: . Each of those guys lost so much credability when they started going around trying to fish
There is not one person in here from :e:.The point is you talk out of both sides of your mouth.Quit trying to divert the topic, and your earlier ridiculous comments. Diversion is a tactic mastered by about the third grade. You can do better. Start by taking your medicine.Or, go back to defending Freida Mitchell. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The best thing about Smith's comments is that they get people all worked up over nothing on the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread