What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (22 Viewers)

Bought a couple of Todem's recommendations today:

EXC and PFE

Need to balance a little bit. Used profit from a couple of the penny stocks. 
I sold my PFE at the beginning of the month and think it'll have a tough time short term. Not sure what's in their pipeline, just looking technically.

Been quietly enjoying the OTC run-up.  Made good money on Drone OTCs (DFLYF, PLRTF, TAKOF) a couple weeks ago.  Currently throwing all my OTC play money into Shroom and Shroom related stuff.

EHVVF
LKYSF
MMEDF
PSYCF
TRUFF
MCURF

They've all already run-up some the last two days but I think there is still a lot of meat on the bone.  Usual disclaimer that these can all go to zero in an instant.
Made a small play on some of these.  PSYCF up 11+%  Thanks

It sounds like you have the right idea. 

I honestly don't know any of those companies. But I do want to hear from others who use Penny stocks more than I do. My only cheap stocks right now are RLFTF, HVCW, SAENF, HITIF and SFIO. SAENF is the only one with more than the price of a decent weekend trip.
HITIF with a decent 10% gain so far today.

Added some TIGR -Lupton holds, it has already ran quite a bit so could be late to the party.

Also added LEAP - a SPAC that has some interesting target rumors and a top notch management team, would be shocked if this one isn't a winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold CLOV before all profits were gone.  Bought GHVIU based on this article.  Seems a good long term bet for some of my gamble money.

Also, holy balls the long bond is getting crushed.  Economy is heating up and the Fed has said it's ok with overcooked inflation, so shorting the long bond looks like a feasible trade.  (I'm not quite that bold, but I reduced duration on my bond holdings greatly last month - I expect this will look like a very good decision in 6 months).

Last edited by a moderator:
Was a really nice day in the morning, now red with still some bright spots littered about. My middle and youngest sons’ accounts are up 8% today. I have them in a couple small cap companies, not penny stocks, but both are doing well. Hope they appreciate being up over 20% in their 3 week old trades.

Sold CLOV before all profits were gone.  Bought GHVIU based on this article.  Seems a good long term bet for some of my gamble money.

Also, holy balls the long bond is getting crushed.  Economy is heating up and the Fed has said it's ok with overcooked inflation, so shorting the long bond looks like a feasible trade.  (I'm not quite that bold, but I reduced duration on my bond holdings greatly last month - I expect this will look like a very good decision in 6 months).
Please explain this to me like I'm 5 years old. If you had some Vanguard intermediate and long term bond funds, would you be trimming back? I have some VWITX and VWLTX that I hold for the conservative part of my portfolio.

Still hanging on with that stock and up still since I bought it early on. Should have dumped it and SNPR-UN when they hit their $17+ ranges. Hopefully, the short attack goes away when they start reporting earnings.

Was a really nice day in the morning, now red with still some bright spots littered about. My middle and youngest sons’ accounts are up 8% today. I have them in a couple small cap companies, not penny stocks, but both are doing well. Hope they appreciate being up over 20% in their 3 week old trades.
Cough up the ticker symbols on the sons’ small cap stocks that are crushing it.

Please explain this to me like I'm 5 years old. If you had some Vanguard intermediate and long term bond funds, would you be trimming back? I have some VWITX and VWLTX that I hold for the conservative part of my portfolio.
I essentially sold TLT (30 year bond) and bought FBND - TLT has a duration of about 20 years,  FBND has an effective duration of about 5years, so (in general) I brought down my sensitivity to interest rates by a good factor.  That and FBND actually had a higher yield than TLT right now.

Article on duration and why it matters.

VWITX - 6 year duration (so intermediate term type bond fund)

VWLTX - says 6-10 years, but these are munis, so I guess that's why the estimate.  

Those two appear to be in the intermediate term range, which isn't nearly as interest rate sensitive as TLT (which is what I sold).

4 business days to split my first SPAC unit into Warrants and Commons, with 2 more still pending. I assume they will be completed tomorrow.

Just a word of warning for those who might look to do so. 

Fortunate timing that the first one completed was STICU, though. With the pop today, I sold 90% of my commons and will freeroll the warrants and the other 10% of shares. I hope BarkBox is a raging success and that anybody invested in it rakes. I'm just not that confident.

What a turd FUSE/MoneyLion has been.  A lot of these SPACs are really strengthening the whole "sell the news" theory.  

Added some TIGR -Lupton holds, it has already ran quite a bit so could be late to the party.

Also added LEAP - a SPAC that has some interesting target rumors and a top notch management team, would be shocked if this one isn't a winner.
Ribbit LEAP?

Cough up the ticker symbols on the sons’ small cap stocks that are crushing it.
One was STIC from in here, the other’s one I paid for so I hadn’t posted it. I will this time because it’s a long term hold and I already own some. It’s SHSP, small marketing cloud based software.

What are the merger rumors for HAACU, anything?  I can't seem to find anything but it keeps climbing.

Not sure if it's been talked about here before (hard to keep track), but I'm going to look at adding PDAC.

$PDAC "Targeting companies that focus on environmentally sound infrastructure, industrial applications & disruptive tech" 

Jonathan Silver Chair of Nominating & Corporate Governance Committee: Boards of $PLUG & $NGG, managed $60B Clean Energy & Auto Tech funds under Barack Obama.
$PDAC deal with Li-Cycle Corp, a recycler of lithium-ion batteries.  Was up 15% pre-market but had some profit taking.  Li-Cycle, North America’s Largest Lithium-Ion Battery Resource Recycling Company, to List on NYSE through Transaction with Peridot Acquisition Corp.  

4 business days to split my first SPAC unit into Warrants and Commons, with 2 more still pending. I assume they will be completed tomorrow.

What did you need to do? Or did it just happen in your account automatically?

Me too.  Good revenue growth projected.

20 act. - 904K rev.
'21 proj. - $12M rev. / 1,175%
'22 proj. - $75M rev. / 550%

Investor Presentation (Revenue projection slide 28).
It’s boring. That said, the presentation says they are the market leader in North America. That doesn’t mean much with less than a million in revenue. It’s risky to say they’ll meet those numbers.

I do think it’s interesting in all of these SPACs that so many are being priced as if they will no doubt hit projections. EVs for example. What if demand for a particular truck isn’t as high as expected? What if they have production issues like Tesla did and worked through? There are so many assumptions that are considered facts. Going to be fun to watch.

Out of LAZR basically even.
If you like LAZR but want to smooth out the bumps (like I do), you might consider selling puts on it. The premiums are pretty high even looking 10% below the current share price. I've sold them twice now over the past couple of months and look to sell more puts on dips. I'll wait a touch longer on this round but if it goes below $35 per share, I'd be selling $30 puts to net some premiums.

Is it your experience that the units undervalue the warrant part of their structure?   I seem to see that in the pricing when i look at all three separately (even account that a unit only has 1/2-1/3 of a warrant).

Users who are viewing this thread