What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (13 Viewers)

In fact, I STILL own some UEXCF (near 52 week high!) that's worth half what it was when it was a #### show back then.

Don't judge me. 

pmedina said:
Any thoughts on why MARA and RIOT did not rise with BTC?

Averaged down a bit, now at 37.85/share 🙏
Because they hate us?  Only thing that makes sense. 

I'm at $38.45 on MARA.  Was tempted to buy more today when it didn't move with BTC but that seemed unwise. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope we win!  :lmao:

BTC has been so incredibly tradeable but RIOT and MARA not always cooperating.  

Thanks again @JB Breakfast Club
I just started using ETHE in my Fidelity account to get more Ethereum exposure. I have to admit that I didn't check the daily history to see how well it syncs with Ether performance...it has to be a little wonky to track a 24/7 coin under ETF market rules, but the chart looked accurate overall. 

Last edited by a moderator:
identikit said:
Bought some BNKU on today's dip

Will sell if/when it moves up 20% plus
:thumbup:   Wash, rinse, repeat...   I don't even know what round I'm on playing these 15-20% swings.  I still have shares from almost a year ago too that I'll continue to just hold.  

Speaking of, $SHOP announced that they are going international and it sounds like a product different than their partnership with $GLBE. I’ll post more later because I’m out but @stbugs it’s something to look at. Could hit the thesis.
Interested in your thoughts of if it’s good or bad for GLBE. SHOP being an owner of GLBE would seem to indicate they want GLBE to succeed but SHOP is a gorilla now and gorillas often take stuff from the smaller.

Interested in your thoughts of if it’s good or bad for GLBE. SHOP being an owner of GLBE would seem to indicate they want GLBE to succeed but SHOP is a gorilla now and gorillas often take stuff from the smaller.
Shopify Product lead responding on Twitter.

Initial thoughts are this isn’t awesome but not terrible either. But I won’t be able to really look into it until later. I was hopeful GLBE would be SHOP’s solution for cross border but it sounds like only for complex cases.

They have an incredible business out here, but I'll never ever buy anything from them. I think their product line is horrible. I don't get it.

pmedina said:
Any thoughts on why MARA and RIOT did not rise with BTC?

Averaged down a bit, now at 37.85/share 🙏
It's certainly possible they're starting to lose some of the leverage they seemed to have. Maybe too many options for getting into BTC these days. But it also always seems to me like they respond better to momentum. One-off pops are one thing. But when you start to see the continued price appreciation that might indicate we're off and running, it just feels like that's when they start to outperform BTC. Haven't seen @hooter311 around in a while. Don't know if he has thoughts here.

Lol at GREE which merged with SPRT. End of last week SPRT (an awful company, hemorrhaging revenue but a meme) was in the $20s. It dropped to $12 at the end of yesterday, probably because people realized what might happen. Well, the new stock is at $44. Seems good until you realize that SPRT shareholders got .115 shares of GREE per share the have or about $5 per share.

I won’t ever short a meme stock because you never know and I don’t plan to buy one because it’s all based on ####ty companies being shorted. People who bought SPRT last week have an 80% loss now because most probably didn’t understand the merger terms. Heck, they might think they are rolling with a double since I know Fidelity takes a day to get symbol changes done and gains/losses updated.

Taking my money and getting out of UUUU.  I don't know enough about this one and if it will still run, but at 100+% you have to take it.  
Never ever a bad idea to take the chips off when you're up that big.  

I, however, just got bigger using URA and more URG.  :bag:

Hearing reports of fuel buyers in a panic because they are short inventory and can't get it unless they pay up for it.  The Japanese still have inventory, but they are going to demand cash up front.  This could get f'n crazy.....

Never ever a bad idea to take the chips off when you're up that big.  

I, however, just got bigger using URA and more URG.  :bag:

Hearing reports of fuel buyers in a panic because they are short inventory and can't get it unless they pay up for it.  The Japanese still have inventory, but they are going to demand cash up front.  This could get f'n crazy.....
Still holding URG and up about 50% there so I'm not completely out of the crazies.  

It's certainly possible they're starting to lose some of the leverage they seemed to have. Maybe too many options for getting into BTC these days. But it also always seems to me like they respond better to momentum. One-off pops are one thing. But when you start to see the continued price appreciation that might indicate we're off and running, it just feels like that's when they start to outperform BTC. Haven't seen @hooter311 around in a while. Don't know if he has thoughts here.
Mstr is in the same boat with them and the corresponding valuations.  I'm still heavily invested in both MSTR and MARA.  I think the tide will come back in our favor before the end of the year.  

Users who are viewing this thread