What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (10 Viewers)

Capitulation on display today.
:no:
That’s not what capitulation looks like
I meant this week, not so much today. When you have the leaders like Apple among others finally getting hit yes there is some capitulation. Great spot to get in long term and definately continue to dollar cost average your 401K. Bull/Bear spread at net 42% bearish right now which is a great contrarion indicator. S&P 500 PE at 15.5. Yes we could go lower in short term but by year end we will be higher than we are now.

I meant this week, not so much today. When you have the leaders like Apple among others finally getting hit yes there is some capitulation. Great spot to get in long term and definately continue to dollar cost average your 401K. Bull/Bear spread at net 42% bearish right now which is a great contrarion indicator. S&P 500 PE at 15.5. Yes we could go lower in short term but by year end we will be higher than we are now.
Flip side of that. Bull/bear spread can remain bearish for a long time in an actual bear market and forward earnings haven’t come down nearly enough making that PE look lower than it will be n the near future. Imo we need Apple and Tesla to get slammed harder and that VIX to push over 40. That’s not to say we can’t have a mini rally at some point before that happens. Still think we drop below 3400 and most likely in the 3000-3200 range.

Flip side of that. Bull/bear spread can remain bearish for a long time in an actual bear market and forward earnings haven’t come down nearly enough making that PE look lower than it will be n the near future. Imo we need Apple and Tesla to get slammed harder and that VIX to push over 40. That’s not to say we can’t have a mini rally at some point before that happens. Still think we drop below 3400 and most likely in the 3000-3200 range.
As much as 15.5 PE from 22 at start of year is a case for bullish it is held in check by 10 year going from 1.60% to 3.90%. That is a huge move and puts the equity risk premium similar to where we started this year. Earnings will be interesting for sure but this year is still projected to be up 8% from last year.

As much as 15.5 PE from 22 at start of year is a case for bullish it is held in check by 10 year going from 1.60% to 3.90%. That is a huge move and puts the equity risk premium similar to where we started this year. Earnings will be interesting for sure but this year is still projected to be up 8% from last year.
Certainly makes things interesting when you can get a risk free 4% now. I know I’ve put 20% in bonds as a downside buffer.

In case you were optimistic about stocks/economy stabilizing... Don't.

Yep
I was wrong about China reopening and increasing demand for oil. OPEC doesn't like it when Brent Crude is below $90/barrel. I'm still right that nothing is going to improve. I was just wrong about the reason why prices will remain high.
Every political leader on the planet (right or left) could resign right now and the war in Ukraine could end by lunch tomorrow, won't make a damn bit of difference.
Physics is going to rule the day for the next decade. Hopefully, Germany won''t de-industrialize to the point of being a post WW2 economy over the next five years.

Whose staying home to watch Credit Suisse go by the way of Lehman Brothers tomorrow?
:banned:
Yeah, that's not looking pretty
Some folks might remember my posts about, $SLVO, $GLDI and $USOI
These are ETN's that have been rated as "Low Value" for as long as I've held them (good dividends for a long while though). All three along with any other $CS issued ETN's just went through a 20:1 reverse split last Friday. Got whacked for almost $150 in Corporate Action costs because these doooshes can't manage money better :rant:
$CS is crapping the bed and looking for cash. Deutsche Bank, $DB, isn't far behind.

At this point, if I was a rich dude like that cat from Omaha, I'd just short the whole damn world right now.
:toilet:

ETA: Except maybe Australia. Lots of exportable natural resources there.

At this point, if I was a rich dude like that cat from Omaha, I'd just short the whole damn world right now.
:toilet:

ETA: Except maybe Australia. Lots of exportable natural resources there.
Buffett has been pouring money into OXY.
Yep, physics is going to win. German's are going to be burning twigs for heat this winter.
Existing fossil fuel companies will continue to thrive.
As I said before, if you're not in fossil fuels right now, you've missed. The only land left to exploit volatility is Pink Sheets. Have fun paying commissions on those bets.
Also, if you have the kind of money I don't, maybe you should get into some individual equities or ETF's that hold fossil energy leading into the election.
I still believe there will be a euphoria around energy stocks/funds that you could profit from should all the people that will lie and tell us that our energy costs will go down, get into office.
And, don't forget, those do-gooders can't do a thing before the middle of February 2023, at best.

ETA: Nothing you do, or don't do, affects my holdings. I'm not here to tell you one thing or another. These are just my drunken thoughts as i try to figure out if I wan't to put stop-loss orders in before I finally crash.
TY

Last edited:
My 401K is awful. YTD down thru yesterday almost 30%. I typically follow a model portfolio from a Fidelity dude. I was doing a Global Quant aggressive growth type mix but switched it up a few weeks back to his regular Growth funds mix.

For the first time that I remember in years he's suggesting a serious pull back. Put 50% into cash, 30% into bonds, and 20% into a couple of stock funds.

I can see the market falling for a while but I'm hesitant to do so because I feel I screwed up and bailed late in the 08 crash and didn't get in fast enough back on the way up. For context I'm 48 so have at least another 15 years plus to retirement.
Well i followed through on his suggestions. Went all cash and then put in my order for 20 percent in two stock mutual funds, 30 percent in a bond and leaving 50 percent cash. We'll see if it bites me.

I don't understand this market.
Follow the 10 year yield. Down 20 basis points today to 3.60%, market rallying hard. Tomorrow it may be up 20 basis points and expect a blood bath. Just need to see inflation data to cool such as labor market to cool off and we could see this gain traction.

My 401K is awful. YTD down thru yesterday almost 30%. I typically follow a model portfolio from a Fidelity dude. I was doing a Global Quant aggressive growth type mix but switched it up a few weeks back to his regular Growth funds mix.

For the first time that I remember in years he's suggesting a serious pull back. Put 50% into cash, 30% into bonds, and 20% into a couple of stock funds.

I can see the market falling for a while but I'm hesitant to do so because I feel I screwed up and bailed late in the 08 crash and didn't get in fast enough back on the way up. For context I'm 48 so have at least another 15 years plus to retirement.
Well i followed through on his suggestions. Went all cash and then put in my order for 20 percent in two stock mutual funds, 30 percent in a bond and leaving 50 percent cash. We'll see if it bites me.
Of course. You're all welcome?

2 nice days in a row. Of course, it's early still.
It is. No idea where things are going, but it’s funny with all the short term bond discussion. I think I’m up 7% in two days. Bear markets suck but when they turn, the returns can be fast and furious. That’s why it’s usually bad if you bail late in the bear market. If you timed it early to get out, you can obviously do better, but jumping out at this point is dangerous because it’s so easy to miss the run back up.

We’ll see how this rally goes and need to pay attention to when the next Fed meeting will be. That’s probably the day when a rally could get pummeled again. Anyone know when the next Fed rate hike is?

Nasdaq up almost 6% in 2 days and we're not even talking about it. We must be beaten down.

It's why I decided to buy back in on Friday two months earlier than planned. When all you read, hear, EVERYWHERE, that as bad as things have been, it's going to get a lot worse. That's usually a good sign to buy.

If I was sitting on stocks, I would sell all at today's peak and wait for the market crash that is coming when Credit Suisse and BNP Paribas collapse.

Users who are viewing this thread