What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

$TQQ and $SPXL still killing for me. TQQ up 145% and SPXL up 95% the past year. I've made almost 3 years of salary since the 2 1/2 week drop in early/mid October, almost 5 years of salary in the past 365 days. Once we turn bearish, which will happen and it will not be the soft landing folks are talking about I'm going 3x Short. I know nothing but I follow some really really sharp guys that have been killing it the past 15 years.

Blow off the all time top (not there yet) and then the biggest downturn since 1929

ETA: 2nd half 2024/2025 although the target has been pushed out a few times

I want to state that I'm not saying we hit 1929 lows, just that the drop will be worse than the 2008/2009 housing crisis and the .Com bubble

want to state that I'm not saying we hit 1929 lows, just that the drop will be worse than the 2008/2009 housing crisis and the .Com bubble
I think most people are expecting some sort of downward turn but that seems overly pessimistic. Why do you think that?

Reactions: jwb
DWAC converted to DJT today and is up 47% early.

My Schwab account confused this DJT with DJT-Dow Jones Transportation Average and I had $15,000 per share more showing than my normal overall value. The DWAC faithful are drinking in all the liberal tears this morning (while still being down overall).

This is going to be a weird week.

Hmmm... options are available. I assume because DWAC was already actively traded? I was assuming this would have new name restrictions and take time to have options traded.

Hmmm... options are available. I assume because DWAC was already actively traded? I was assuming this would have new name restrictions and take time to have options traded.

Puts are stupid expensive though. And as we've seen before these stonks that are disconnected from fundamentals could triple again before they crash.

Puts are stupid expensive though. And as we've seen before these stonks that are disconnected from fundamentals could triple again before they crash.
I'm staying away. Money can pour in from all over and it's not worth the risk imo.

Somehow DWAC received SEC approval to move forward with their merger. Most likely down to just a shareholder vote, although their old DWAC CEO Patrick Orlando is now holding them hostage for more money (shocker!!) The new ticker symbol is going to be "DJT" if the merger passes. Stock up to $50 a share today, again with no real product (Truth Social is the #139 social media app in the Apple App store) and bleeding money. I sold at $44 when it doubled my money on early primary news, but thinking about shorting now. The dilution when merged is going to kill the price. And it could be a few more months before the merger, which will force the price and excitement down.

DWAC shareholders successfully voted today to merge with TMTG and will be on the stock exchange Monday as DJT. Volatile price movement today was expected and it delivered. Share dilution hits Monday and also the realization of being a real company will come crashing down. Made about 200% on just playing with this stock the last two years with some fun money, but glad it's gone.

This thing will still trade bonkers. Trump has billions in shares which he could theoretically just dump to pay bills. He could also demand other GOPers spend advertising money there as a show of fealty. The people in the tired of Vegas thread should just gamble with DJT and RDDT instead. All of the action, none of the cigarette smoke.
One thing to add to the above. Trump is apparently locked into holding his shares for 6 months, so he can't immediately dump them to raise money. However, the board can vote to remove that restriction. The board consists of people like Devin Nunes and Don Jr, so you can imagine how that vote would go. But I think we'd know the vote is taking place in advance so you can act accordingly.

Somehow DWAC received SEC approval to move forward with their merger. Most likely down to just a shareholder vote, although their old DWAC CEO Patrick Orlando is now holding them hostage for more money (shocker!!) The new ticker symbol is going to be "DJT" if the merger passes. Stock up to $50 a share today, again with no real product (Truth Social is the #139 social media app in the Apple App store) and bleeding money. I sold at $44 when it doubled my money on early primary news, but thinking about shorting now. The dilution when merged is going to kill the price. And it could be a few more months before the merger, which will force the price and excitement down.

DWAC shareholders successfully voted today to merge with TMTG and will be on the stock exchange Monday as DJT. Volatile price movement today was expected and it delivered. Share dilution hits Monday and also the realization of being a real company will come crashing down. Made about 200% on just playing with this stock the last two years with some fun money, but glad it's gone.

This thing will still trade bonkers. Trump has billions in shares which he could theoretically just dump to pay bills. He could also demand other GOPers spend advertising money there as a show of fealty. The people in the tired of Vegas thread should just gamble with DJT and RDDT instead. All of the action, none of the cigarette smoke.
One thing to add to the above. Trump is apparently locked into holding his shares for 6 months, so he can't immediately dump them to raise money. However, the board can vote to remove that restriction. The board consists of people like Devin Nunes and Don Jr, so you can imagine how that vote would go. But I think we'd know the vote is taking place in advance so you can act accordingly.
I'd be shocked if this doesn't happen

Big money will crush the followers in the end. They only care about making money and don't give a crap about the political BS. Anyone in this with personal feelings will stay too long. A lot of them don't have a ton of stock trading experience. A few converted their shares early for huge losses before the merger even went through.

Big money will crush the followers in the end. They only care about making money and don't give a crap about the political BS. Anyone in this with personal feelings will stay too long. A lot of them don't have a ton of stock trading experience. A few converted their shares early for huge losses before the merger even went through.
That is putting it mildly. They honestly don't know anything other than they signed up for an account, funded it, and went all in on DWAC. The sad thing is that now, anytime the price goes up, it's "too the moon" (thanks WallStreetApes) and if it goes down, it's the deep state and the shorts that are depressing the price. They are also taught that the brokers are evil, the SEC is evil and all of Big Tech is going to come crashing down and they (TMTG owners) will buy up X, Meta, TikTok for pennies on the dollar.

Rant over.

Last edited:
$GME getting hammered after reporting - turns out it’s a brick and mortal retailer selling physical versions of things most people get digitally.

Has Dodds been around? I hope he got out of BBBY and this piece of junk relatively unscathed.

$GME getting hammered after reporting - turns out it’s a brick and mortal retailer selling physical versions of things most people get digitally.

Has Dodds been around? I hope he got out of BBBY and this piece of junk relatively unscathed.
Out of all of the great companies out there, why you would choose this thing I have no idea. It offers nothing and is basically a business that doesn’t even need to exist. It’s like having a dvd store.

Out of all of the great companies out there, why you would choose this thing I have no idea. It offers nothing and is basically a business that doesn’t even need to exist. It’s like having a dvd store.
There's still one Blockbuster store left.

I honestly can’t believe they still have a 4B market cap.

Utilities up 2.5%. That's like a 3 sigma move. What's going on here? I can't find anything about inflation easing, etc. that may explain this a bit.

I know they're expensive but I bought two DJT puts for June, strike price of $30 for $9. It's a ridiculous premium but I'm not set up to short anything so buying puts is how I do it. Pretty confident that that ticker drops, just a matter of time. I hope it comes fast enough to warrant buying those puts.

Reactions: KGB
I know they're expensive but I bought two DJT puts for June, strike price of $30 for $9. It's a ridiculous premium but I'm not set up to short anything so buying puts is how I do it. Pretty confident that that ticker drops, just a matter of time. I hope it comes fast enough to warrant buying those puts.
I couldn't borrow shares to short.

I have a few things going on. rddt and DWT. all together, down like 43% today. oof

holding
I respect your absolute commitment to going hard af
Gives me anxiety just reading it lol
When Reddit was at $70 and DJT was also at $70 (pretty sure) is when I made these options.... Granted I have bigger balls than brains, but well see.

for april
RDDT - put $62.5 :hifive:
RDDT - put $45 :hifive:
RDDT - call $80 oof :clyde:
DJT - put $40. Its down, but I have hope. I paid alot, but this thing has dog all over it.

Unfortunately I have more $ on my losers than winners.

Lol at GME’s new SEC report:

GameStop also claimed in the SEC filing that ever since gaming consoles from companies such as Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft started allowing users to digitally download games (and even created consoles that only allow digital downloads) the change has taken a toll on sales.
“Downloading of video game content to the current generation video game systems continues to grow and take an increasing percentage of new video game sales,” said GameStop in the filing. “If consumers’ preference for downloading video game content in lieu of physical software continues to increase, our business and financial performance may be adversely impacted.”

How can they say that with a straight face in March 2024? All the attempts to pivot have failed and been shut down. I laughed at an article this week about the Microsoft “partnership”, which most people would just say is GameStop paying for cloud services. They still have cash so it’s likely a slow burn. They reduced headcount in the report by 30% so pretty soon, you’ll drive to GameStop and walk in to order a game from a kiosk.

I think Dodds was likely in heavy on all of that still. Conspiracy ran deep with him and TBH, I think he was in way higher than we supposed because I honestly don’t recall much discussion in here at all until it had already blown up. I think I recall $70 to $85 post-split being an amount he recommended buying. Cohen had already sold out when he was still talking BBBY.

For something different - bought a small chunk of FSCO this week. This slowly decreasing inflation rate thing we have going should be very good for debt funds. It throws off 12% and is trading at a 17% discount - should have bought 6 months ago, but will see how this works.

For something different - bought a small chunk of FSCO this week. This slowly decreasing inflation rate thing we have going should be very good for debt funds. It throws off 12% and is trading at a 17% discount - should have bought 6 months ago, but will see how this works.

Interesting. I see the discount to NAV has reduced significantly, it was nearly 35% a year ago. But there's probably a reason for that in terms of reduced risk.

I regularly poke around and look at Closed End Funds at cefconnect.com, but have only pulled the trigger on a small position in one of them to date.

Interesting. I see the discount to NAV has reduced significantly, it was nearly 35% a year ago. But there's probably a reason for that in terms of reduced risk.

I regularly poke around and look at Closed End Funds at cefconnect.com, but have only pulled the trigger on a small position in one of them to date.
The return profile of these has become known so it has been bought up a bit. Like I said, I should have done this 6 months ago. But I figure it still has room to go.

Lol at GME’s new SEC report:

GameStop also claimed in the SEC filing that ever since gaming consoles from companies such as Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft started allowing users to digitally download games (and even created consoles that only allow digital downloads) the change has taken a toll on sales.
“Downloading of video game content to the current generation video game systems continues to grow and take an increasing percentage of new video game sales,” said GameStop in the filing. “If consumers’ preference for downloading video game content in lieu of physical software continues to increase, our business and financial performance may be adversely impacted.”

How can they say that with a straight face in March 2024? All the attempts to pivot have failed and been shut down. I laughed at an article this week about the Microsoft “partnership”, which most people would just say is GameStop paying for cloud services. They still have cash so it’s likely a slow burn. They reduced headcount in the report by 30% so pretty soon, you’ll drive to GameStop and walk in to order a game from a kiosk.

I think Dodds was likely in heavy on all of that still. Conspiracy ran deep with him and TBH, I think he was in way higher than we supposed because I honestly don’t recall much discussion in here at all until it had already blown up. I think I recall $70 to $85 post-split being an amount he recommended buying. Cohen had already sold out when he was still talking BBBY.
just asking... is anyone here still playing gme?

Place your bets!

RDDT is about $50

in 6 months. do you think up or down?

I remember facebook was quite a split decision!

Users who are viewing this thread