What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (13 Viewers)

Broken clock right twice a day.

i do think the party is just getting started here.  $4.22 is a fairly significant historical price here.  If somehow this consolidates and then breaks north of $4.22.... well I’ll leave that conclusion to some of you more experianced chart guys but I see a potnential big gap up.
One minute it’s $4.22 onto old highs.  The next an announcement reducing revenues and I’ll be lucky to get out even.

I'm curious to see the earnings results and what happened on the call.  GRWG doesn't grow/sell weed like a bunch of other competing stocks.  They sell the products and equipment that would help growers set up facilities to grow weed.  Their growth long term, at least in the weed industry, would depend on the US feds legalizing it in all the US.  But the company is like the Lowes/HD of commercial and home crop growers.  They specialize in hydroponic equipment and sell other things like organic nutrients and soils, farming supplies.  Supposedly, their products help plants grow faster/taller.  Think of the potential if pot is legalized across the US.  

At 4-5 bucks a share it seems worth a look for growth potential.  My two cents anyway. 

I'm curious to see the earnings results and what happened on the call.  GRWG doesn't grow/sell weed like a bunch of other competing stocks.  They sell the products and equipment that would help growers set up facilities to grow weed.  Their growth long term, at least in the weed industry, would depend on the US feds legalizing it in all the US.  But the company is like the Lowes/HD of commercial and home crop growers.  They specialize in hydroponic equipment and sell other things like organic nutrients and soils, farming supplies.  Supposedly, their products help plants grow faster/taller.  Think of the potential if pot is legalized across the US.  

At 4-5 bucks a share it seems worth a look for growth potential.  My two cents anyway. 
Yeah, I did some reading.  I'm just curious how he came up with $12 in 2 months. That's a very specific expectation.  I'm curious how he came by it.

I have no doubt CVS is all about the prescription drugs ... which are way overpriced and I assume UGE profit.

The candy and paper towels are just the gravy on top.

Now when Amazon is able to fill prescriptions ... (just need licensing in a few more states), THAT will put a major dent in CVS stock.

... and another $426 profit shorting 200 shares of TVIX today.  WINNING!!!
I like them now for personal business reasons. They are investing big money redesigning their stores to have much bigger/more comprehensive health clinics. Smart move IMO. And they could buy a lot of software from me 😀💰

Starting my reload of AMZN today. Order in @ 1750.

I've got a small fortune ready to invest. Any other bargains that I should be looking at?
Up $1500 on these 20 shares of AMZN. Not bad for 3 days work.

I could sell today and lock in profit but I'm thinking it's going up much higher in the near future.

You guys sitting on the sidelines with your bonds, T-bills, and 3% safe places are missing all the action.

The day will come when markets crash but that day isn't today. ... on that day you will look back and wish you made hay while the sun was shinin'.

Up $1500 on these 20 shares of AMZN. Not bad for 3 days work.

I could sell today and lock in profit but I'm thinking it's going up much higher in the near future.

You guys sitting on the sidelines with your bonds, T-bills, and 3% safe places are missing all the action.

The day will come when markets crash but that day isn't today. ... on that day you will look back and wish you made hay while the sun was shinin'.
:lmao:

Uber becoming the Giovani Benard of stocks always ton of hype with a flashy exterior waiting for that breakout. But busts every quarter it announces.

More Muni Madness. Just had one called that only pays 3.125%. I cant remember ever having a call <4%. Says something about where issuers think rates are headed.
I may need a new fixed income strategy or I'll end up in all stocks like @Bossman ;)

WeWork IPO papers should be filed under fantasy fiction.

Joseph Fahmy

@jfahmy

Aug 9

Uber and WeWork should just merge and set money on fire together.
Derek Thompson

@DKThomp

48m

If you work at WeWork, drive home with Uber, and then order food by DoorDash, you're engaging with three companies that are projected to lose about $13 billion this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
900M in losses the first 6 months of this year. Gee where can I plunk my money down at. 
Lol. I’m still sitting on a bunch O cash because I honestly think even the good growth stocks (the ones beating revenue and earnings) are going down for a bit. Every little bounce seems to go away rather than the other way around. I could be wrong but it just feels like there’s more downside coming over the upcoming months. I’d just like to get in a little lower.

WeWork is a communal work space with coffee and beer and food.  That they charge basically nothing to go to. 
I haven't seen this thread before, but I can opine on the yield curve and wework vs regus.  My wife is a corporate global real estate director.  she deals with those companies all the time.  in fbg terms, think that wework is the afl and regus the nfl.  wework the aba, regus the nba.  Mrs. X says wewrok is hyper expensive.  Their space is uber hip and millennial.  Modern, wellness rooms, everything today's metrosexual millennial is looking for.  Regus is more established, better priced and not as hip or young.  Regus is only now beginning to modernize like wework, but wework culture seems to churn and burn.  If you check their career boards, they are hiring for everything, everywhere, likely due to massive turnover.

From my side, a recession is awesome for me, as I am in the workout space.  We have been talking about the yield curve for at least 12-18 months, knowing this would come.  This is the only predictor, in our opinion, of a recession.  First the commercial r.e. goes, then residential, then we are back to 2012.  I would say, get ready for a bad 4th quarter and make sure your retirement is diversified, with bond funds.

Long term yields being pushed down as other countries are looking for higher yields to invest in.  Germans would much rather buy a 10 year Treasury at 1.70% than invest in a 10 year German bond yielding negative .65%.  

Long term yields being pushed down as other countries are looking for higher yields to invest in.  Germans would much rather buy a 10 year Treasury at 1.70% than invest in a 10 year German bond yielding negative .65%.  
True.  I am just trying to wrestle with the thought that this is a self-fulfilling prophecy.  The economy is strong, but this perception that we're not may actually cause us not to be.

The one difference I do see is what you mention - in the past long term rates went down due to growth concerns.  This time around it seems to be driven by negative rates everywhere else and huge demand for yield, which the US has.  That isn't necessarily bearish.  

I haven't seen this thread before, but I can opine on the yield curve and wework vs regus.  My wife is a corporate global real estate director.  she deals with those companies all the time.  in fbg terms, think that wework is the afl and regus the nfl.  wework the aba, regus the nba.  Mrs. X says wewrok is hyper expensive.  Their space is uber hip and millennial.  Modern, wellness rooms, everything today's metrosexual millennial is looking for.  Regus is more established, better priced and not as hip or young.  Regus is only now beginning to modernize like wework, but wework culture seems to churn and burn.  If you check their career boards, they are hiring for everything, everywhere, likely due to massive turnover.

From my side, a recession is awesome for me, as I am in the workout space.  We have been talking about the yield curve for at least 12-18 months, knowing this would come.  This is the only predictor, in our opinion, of a recession.  First the commercial r.e. goes, then residential, then we are back to 2012.  I would say, get ready for a bad 4th quarter and make sure your retirement is diversified, with bond funds.
You can get access to 65% of the WeWorks for having nothing but the right Amex card, for free.  

Are you talking about someone who wants to squat for a while or are you talking longer term solutions for a corporate entity?
Not following.  We Work is basically a coffee shop with snacks where you pay for the right to be there.  It's meant for un-officed people or something.  

It's not meant to be a place for a corporation to house several employees.

True.  I am just trying to wrestle with the thought that this is a self-fulfilling prophecy.  The economy is strong, but this perception that we're not may actually cause us not to be.

The one difference I do see is what you mention - in the past long term rates went down due to growth concerns.  This time around it seems to be driven by negative rates everywhere else and huge demand for yield, which the US has.  That isn't necessarily bearish.  
Bingo.  There are global growth concerns which can spill over to the U.S.  

The stock market is clearly reacting to the bond market.  At the end of the day would you rather invest in a 10 year Treasury yielding 1.6%, cash earning 1.6% and dropping, or the S&P 500 yielding 2.04% with potential for growth?  My bet is when folks stop freaking out over "inversion" and recession concerns they will be back to buying stocks.

If the economy is strong, why is the Fed supposed to be cutting rates by half a point?

Not following.  We Work is basically a coffee shop with snacks where you pay for the right to be there.  It's meant for un-officed people or something.  

sure it is....it’s not an airport lounge.  it can be customized to fit a corporate need.  wife does it every day.  not talking 1,000 employees, but it works in that manner.

My company has several WeWork offices around the country (and World) for people to work from vs home. It is in metro areas where we have a presence of 4-20 consultants/sales/etc - a place to demo/poc/project types. WeWork managed running the office - tech, mailing etc.  It was a big thing about a year ago - but I think the bloom is off using WeWork in our case.

sure it is....it’s not an airport lounge.  it can be customized to fit a corporate need.  wife does it every day.  not talking 1,000 employees, but it works in that manner.
Oh, the ones the regular joe see are more like an airport lounge concept.  Sorry, didn't know they had a wider scope to create office spaces for teams.

Bingo.  There are global growth concerns which can spill over to the U.S.  

The stock market is clearly reacting to the bond market.  At the end of the day would you rather invest in a 10 year Treasury yielding 1.6%, cash earning 1.6% and dropping, or the S&P 500 yielding 2.04% with potential for growth?  My bet is when folks stop freaking out over "inversion" and recession concerns they will be back to buying stocks.
I think you left out the other potential....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread