What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (4 Viewers)

not for the faint of heart.  It is cheap though..   I think.  It is some damn precious metal mine in Alaska.

NAK
I don't get to pat myself too much but NAK is up 175%.  Not a ton of money into it but nice to glance at a gain like that.

good luck guys & girls & thanks for providing your thoughts in this thread.  Appreciate all of you.

Yep -- they've signed a letter of intent to acquire a plant-based food company, similar to what VTIQ did with NKLA. Here's the press release from May 13, emphasis added:

The acquisition isn't set in stone yet, so there's always a risk that something falls through -- but so far things are looking good. 
FMCI is gaining volume at RH.  3 day #53, 1 day #32, 4 Hour #11.  

Right behind you. Got back into BLMN (12.90), MGM (21.92), and SAVE (22.46).

Also took a look at @BassNBrew’s JWN suggestion yesterday and I liked the chart — so I bought that dip today as well, in at 21.50.
LOL...Looks like I got distracted and forgot to pull the trigger.  Saved myself 10%.  In at 21.51.

Doubtful.

We are back into

BLMN today at 12.89

MGM at 21.42

SAVE first time and we took a position at 21.76

Let’s go baby. Love taking positions in these three on double digit sell offs. 
Obviously you don't know what you are doing and are a degenerate gambler.  I would suggest taking some classes and getting some experience before your lose your shirt in the market.  Maybe learn from a guy like Warrior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubtful.

We are back into

BLMN today at 12.89

MGM at 21.42

SAVE first time and we took a position at 21.76

Let’s go baby. Love taking positions in these three on double digit sell offs. 
Wish I saw this when you posted it.  Unfortunately I am at work and am not nearly as tuned in.  I did buy a little DFS and BUD on a 5% dip and just grabbed a little SAVE down a little over 9%.  

I saw all of those were way down temporarily, but I missed it.  Dang.  

Wish I saw this when you posted it.  Unfortunately I am at work and am not nearly as tuned in.  I did buy a little DFS and BUD on a 5% dip and just grabbed a little SAVE down a little over 9%.  

I saw all of those were way down temporarily, but I missed it.  Dang.  
MGM is back down in that area now.

CHK 7 to 70 to bankruptcy? 🤣 What a ####### ride.
Lol. That’s what’s going to keep happening to stocks like that where RH gets a hold of them. The stocks they are taking for rides are bad companies that have either declared bankruptcy or are in danger of delisting or just stink. CHL just did like a 200 for 1 split to get the price to $13 and then it went up 400% in two days for no reason on a ton of volume. The idiots who bought in yesterday and didn’t sell are likely losing 50-90% in one day.

Look at IZEA today. Up over 200% in two days and they’ve been decreasing revenue for the past two years and just missed earnings last quarter. One article about a 6 figure contract (revenue last Q was $4.7M so basically just another regular deal), and market cap triples.

Unless you are in on the scam, the potential to lose big is there. GNUS brands down to $3.96 and on Thursday they hit almost $12.

Lol. That’s what’s going to keep happening to stocks like that where RH gets a hold of them. The stocks they are taking for rides are bad companies that have either declared bankruptcy or are in danger of delisting or just stink. CHL just did like a 200 for 1 split to get the price to $13 and then it went up 400% in two days for no reason on a ton of volume. The idiots who bought in yesterday and didn’t sell are likely losing 50-90% in one day.
I kind of wonder if Enron could survive in today's market, or at least stick around a bit longer. 

Besides RH giving some false boosts to these bad companies, these low rates have to be helping quite a few too.  New debt to pay old debt and stay a live when capitalism would normally say GTFO.  For my longs, I've never paid more attention to fundamentals than I am now.  And a lot of thanks to the pro folks here for continuing to stress that.     

I kind of wonder if Enron could survive in today's market, or at least stick around a bit longer. 

Besides RH giving some false boosts to these bad companies, these low rates have to be helping quite a few too.  New debt to pay old debt and stay a live when capitalism would normally say GTFO.  For my longs, I've never paid more attention to fundamentals than I am now.  And a lot of thanks to the pro folks here for continuing to stress that.     
Maybe. That’s what gave Hertz the ability to keep going. Once the CV hit their debt was insurmountable regardless of the RH work.

I agree 100%, slow and steady good stocks is never a bad thing. Maybe not the instant gratification or meteoric rises but if you have a real job you can’t watch a stock app day long and the folks who bought into CHK and still own it are going to take a bath. I took a bath on LK. Lost about $2k on 100 shares $24 to $4, but its a tiny portion of my account and that was fraud not buying a bankrupt company. Hard to avoid that and other stocks have more than made up for it.

It'll be interesting because I am truly sitting on my stocks for years. It’s almost going to be boring as heck considering what we’ve seen the past few months. People don’t realize that a 10% yearly gain can make you wealthy. They think that’s a good day we’ll until these stocks implode to their true values.

Took a starter position in Mobile Mini on a pullback today.  $36.44  

Again, just employing common sense - never noticed nor heard of this company before.  Now I see their storage pods everywhere.  Imagine there is going to be a lot of inventory in flux in the coming months as retailers make hard decisions.  I'm doing this in advance of the merger with Willscot.  Feel like we might be a protracted era of uncertainty for retailers and mobile storage might be a beneficiary.  If not, well I'm quite adroit and comfortable at picking losers.

Took a starter position in Mobile Mini on a pullback today.  $36.44  

Again, just employing common sense - never noticed nor heard of this company before.  Now I see their storage pods everywhere.  Imagine there is going to be a lot of inventory in flux in the coming months as retailers make hard decisions.  I'm doing this in advance of the merger with Willscot.  Feel like we might be a protracted era of uncertainty for retailers and mobile storage might be a beneficiary.  If not, well I'm quite adroit and comfortable at picking losers.
I have never heard of these guys and I don't recall that I have ever seen one of their storage units and I have seen plenty of storage units.  It may very well be that I have seen them, but whenever I see those storage units I perceive them as generic PODS.  I'll have to start paying attention to the brand.

This seems like one of those classic “before the bubble bursts” stories: Warren Buffett is ‘an idiot,’ says investor who claims daytrading is ‘the easiest game I’ve ever played’

I was surprised to learn that the trader in question was not Dave Portnoy.
While I agree. He’s Barstool sports. He’s saying that to get hits/views/likes and to get his twitter info into more articles.

Also, I’m not sure what you mean by NOT Dave Portnoy. The whole article was about him. Did I miss something in a link or video?

While I agree. He’s Barstool sports. He’s saying that to get hits/views/likes and to get his twitter info into more articles.

Also, I’m not sure what you mean by NOT Dave Portnoy. The whole article was about him. Did I miss something in a link or video?
:bag:  You didn’t. I shouldn’t try to post and work at the same time.

IMRN up 1009% today.  What a world.
I’ll be honest that I wouldn’t be shocked to find out there’s some manipulation going on with RH and others. I mean one bit of news and the entire company changed hands. The float has been flipped many times today. Crazy and seeing how it’s happening all the time there’s some serious money getting made. $1.4B based on current price and volume and the company is worth $100M. It was a $10M company before today. Absurd.

I’ll be honest that I wouldn’t be shocked to find out there’s some manipulation going on with RH and others. I mean one bit of news and the entire company changed hands. The float has been flipped many times today. Crazy and seeing how it’s happening all the time there’s some serious money getting made. $1.4B based on current price and volume and the company is worth $100M. It was a $10M company before today. Absurd.
Who knew the golden ticket was not Covid-19, HIV, or cancer, but instead it was diarrhea

IMRN up 1009% today.  What a world.
This from an article today:

Thinly traded nano cap Immuron Limited (NASDAQ:IMRN) jumps 27% premarket on increased volume in reaction to its announcement that collaborator Naval Medical Research Center (NMRC) has requested a pre-IND meeting with the FDA regarding an IND for a new oral therapeutic to treat Campylobacter (campylobacteriosis) and E. Coli infections.

1000% increase today on news of an announcement... just an announcement of a request with the FDA for a pre-IND meeting... a request for a meeting with the FDA regarding a new therapeutic.  

"FDA, we'd like to request a meeting with you regarding our drug.  TIA."  

Stock goes from 2 dollar close yesterday to 25.67 high today.   :lmao:   

It's on NASDAQ.  RH strikes again!  Bet there's going to be lots of bag holders on this one though.  Shorts licking chops on it I bet. 

Unbelievable.

Also, effin A Cotton can we get CYDY listed? One good trial press release and we are at $10.

I would bet a lot of money that this is like Blue Horshoe loves Endicott Steel on reddit somewhere. 60 million shares don’t change hands on a ticker like this without a concentrated effort. 

Also, effin A Cotton can we get CYDY listed? One good trial press release and we are at $10.

I would bet a lot of money that this is like Blue Horshoe loves Endicott Steel on reddit somewhere. 60 million shares don’t change hands on a ticker like this without a concentrated effort. 
I wouldn't doubt $30 overnight with that group pushing the levers.  

I'm tellin ya, if CYDY could manage to just get on the NAZ.  Just alert the RH gang and it would fly to Jupiter.  
Yep.  A lot of these bio stocks mooning 1000+% over the last month don't have news anywhere nearly as strong as CYDY.

Great science, but they have botched the PR beyond imagination.  On the Naz and with even mediocre PR this thing could have hit $30+ by now in this current insane market.

Yep.  A lot of these bio stocks mooning 1000+% over the last month don't have news anywhere nearly as strong as CYDY.

Great science, but they have botched the PR beyond imagination.  On the Naz and with even mediocre PR this thing could have hit $30+ by now in this current insane market.
Agreed.  Problem is no one with money burning holes in their pocket knows anything about Leronlimab or Cytodyn.  

It would be more than worth it for NP to hire a social media/pr firm to push this out the the Robin Hooder's, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread