What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

I'm in GSG. Small positive movement since I bought it, but its more a stopgap in case certain other sectors fail, it should prosper. No even close to the same as buying an individual commodity, which is extremely risky and must be constantly monitored.
I'm looking at it as a hedge against the falling dollar.

Good question!

ETH is holding steady so I don't expect this downturn to last long.  I'm not in a hurry to buy more though either.
Crap.  Added on the dip and forgot this traded in the 100s, not 10s like Bitcoin.  It's now over 10% of my portfolio and I can't sell until the funds settle which i guess will be Monday???

Crap.  Added on the dip and forgot this traded in the 100s, not 10s like Bitcoin.  It's now over 10% of my portfolio and I can't sell until the funds settle which i guess will be Monday???
Are you day-trading on a cash account or something?  How are you always waiting on funds settling?

Heck even my cash accounts that I trade in dozens of times a day near 100% invested I've never had to wait to either sell or buy due to cash settling.  What broker are you using?

Are you day-trading on a cash account or something?  How are you always waiting on funds settling?

Heck even my cash accounts that I trade in dozens of times a day near 100% invested I've never had to wait to either sell or buy due to cash settling.  What broker are you using?
Fidelity.  Limited margin.

The buy order you are about to place exceeds your settled cash balance. Selling these shares before paying in full for the trade could result in a Good Faith Violation
I've probably churned 20% of my portfolio in the last 2 day period.  Usually I don't have this problem, but I got very active with the LVGO/TDOC merger.

Tell me why on UROV
Linked article is my main source of Due Diligence. Twitter seems bullish (even when it was quite a bit higher than it is now). Seems like a likely approval later this year which should send stock higher. Probably overlooked due to all the Covid plays. Mostly owned by Sumitomo which seems like a good thing.

But I'm also dumb and probably much better to just buy AMZN or AAPL or w/e. 

Btw is rlftflflflflf a pump and dump? I don’t even know what it’s about. Any insight? I just literally bought this thing to fulfill my gambling desire since cydy is so boring now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
SE finally got a CNBC mention as a “quiet climber.” Very brief, definitely an introduction of SE to the CNBC audience. Wouldn’t mind if it starts getting into the rotation of stocks they discuss just for the exposure.

I'm so pissed at myself for selling out of $RKT at $19 for a medium gain.  I should have known the robinhooders were going to jump on this thing once it got going.  A brand name they recognize, ticker named ROCKET.  C'mon man, wtf was I thinking.

Considering still jumping in again for the ride.  Only concern is there are probably no shorts to squeeze out.

Wait, you’re concerned about his settlements?I was a bit more concerned that he’s buying the wrong ticker symbols and now buying 10x what he wanted to buy.

@BassNBrew We are all here for you and your trading addiction. It’s a circle of trust.

How long does it usually take a SPAC to find someone to merge with?  PSTH/U now has options which gives a way to get in to it a bit longer without tying up as much cash.  Furthest dated option is 3/19/2021 though which seems a bit soon for a SPAC to find a partner, no?

I know. I may buy some although if I do, it’d probably be 200 or more shares. I’d want a bit bigger upside.
I hear ya, but I'm not dipping more than 1.5% of my portfolio into any one speculative stock. Trying my best to keep diversified.

Anyone else still holding TAP?

TAP reported 2nd qtr 2020 earnings of $1.55 per share on 7/30/20. This beat the $0.68 consensus of the 15 analysts covering the company.

Surprise %:

128.3%

Surprise:

$0.871
Barely a blip on the stock price.  Are people no longer interested in companies that make money?

I hear ya, but I'm not dipping more than 1.5% of my portfolio into any one speculative stock. Trying my best to keep diversified.
That’s smart. 200 shares would be about a 1/4 share of what I normally do for a stock I want to own long term. I’ve got some stocks that have done well enough to get up to 4-5% of my portfolio, but I don’t spend that much up front. This would be well under 1% for me.

That’s smart. 200 shares would be about a 1/4 share of what I normally do for a stock I want to own long term. I’ve got some stocks that have done well enough to get up to 4-5% of my portfolio, but I don’t spend that much up front. This would be well under 1% for me.
I would dribble in on this.  Last week it fell from the high 14s to low 12s on no news and immediately recovered in a day or so.  Maybe set some low limit buys and see what happens.

Not yet, but looking at it.  If I can dump some CYDY my plan is to add some dividend stocks to the mix. 
I’m trying to figure out if I should shave some of my winners a bit and go a little safer for a bit. I’ve had a really nice run this year even with some of the misses. Starting to look at future and with my IRA being my top account now, taxes don’t matter. Even with today, up 58% this year in that account and most of the year its been 15-30% cash. Only about 10% now. My other accounts are AMZN and a few others. Not sure I want to pay taxes on that stuff this year and I’ve got no intention to dump AMZN. Still my long term hold.

Not yet, but looking at it.  If I can dump some CYDY my plan is to add some dividend stocks to the mix. 
I'm in at $34.71 at a 1.5% allocation.

Looks like they skip last quarters dividend.  That's probably why the stock price has been in neutral.

:lol:

I feel like I'm hot #### with 1500 shares.  Wish I had the money to buy more right now, but would have to sell something. At this point I'm just gonna let it ride a bit.
SMH. When it closed at $.21 yesterday I didn’t hit buy because of the $50 commission. I was thinking of buying 10-20k shares to make the $50 negligible. Oh well!

:lol:

I feel like I'm hot #### with 1500 shares.  Wish I had the money to buy more right now, but would have to sell something. At this point I'm just gonna let it ride a bit.
:)

SMH. When it closed at $.21 yesterday I didn’t hit buy because of the $50 commission. I was thinking of buying 10-20k shares to make the $50 negligible. Oh well!
Yeah, that $50 commission would have stopped me.

I only bought a few thousand. I figure it gets cut in half at some point but whatever. Fun to watch. 
I got lucky I think. Just happened to have sold some other stuff, had $2k sitting, said WTH. 10k shares bought, sold some, bought it back, sold half again. Total outlay of under $2k, holding 5k shares, made $3,000 plus whatever remains. So now I'm just watching, as my .44 limit buy probably isn't getting filled.

Ugh. Just saw it's at .70 now. :kicksrock: I guess that's why Kenny said you got to know when to hold em.

Just a few thousand shares for me as well.  Sucks because this is exactly the kind of ramp I would have normally been adding more into the whole time were it not for the commission.  Turns out the commission would've been pennies next to the additional profits.

Who is selling and who is holding?  I feel like this thing could just be getting started.
Holding. Decided to throw funny money at small foreign firms working on respiratory issues. Foreign because I feel other countries are doing a better job attacking this than we are and that may extend to how drugs are developed. The $50 is OK since I don't plan on trading in and out. The respiratory is because I think there may be more issues in that area even after patients get over COVID and even after we have a vaccine. I targeted RLFTF and SYGGF. 

All you need is a dollar and a dream.  

Who is selling and who is holding?  I feel like this thing could just be getting started.
I sold 4K yesterday at .27

sold 3k today at .65

still holding 3k. I think I’ll wait until it breaks a buck and then think about a sell target. 

people in the know about OKE. see its down near 5%. with a close to 13% yield, is this a decent buy or maybe wait a tad longer?

Users who are viewing this thread