What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (15 Viewers)

I thought it was just as busy last quarter and the predicted earnings are double
HD beat revenue expectations last quarter but had the initial costs of dealing with COVID to deal with. 

Foot traffic is 35% higher than last year.

HD probably is slightly overbought currently, but it's still a great company.

You'd probably get the reactions you seek if your posts were more like "I bought into XYZ and made 42% in a month" instead of "Once again, nobody respects my awesome brain. I tried to tell you stupid dumbfaces that XYZ was gonna pop but nobody listens to me."
When you're flying this high, you really don't care. Others can come fly high with you, or they can dislike how you speak and stare into the sky saying F that guy. No difference to me.

Anyways, good luck fellas. 

Martin Lee

Since $3.43 has now been breached, I must adjust my upper targets. I'll have something posted before open tomorrow. This move will make some investors here nervous, but it makes me positively giddy. There is always an over-reaction in stock price movement. The move to the upside should be staggering.

With Buffett jumping off banks and into gold late last week I don’t think there is any chance fund managers around the world would fade him completely.

Could easily see these monster accounts tripling their current positions on gold and pushing it towards 5k.

Martin Lee

Since $3.43 has now been breached, I must adjust my upper targets. I'll have something posted before open tomorrow. This move will make some investors here nervous, but it makes me positively giddy. There is always an over-reaction in stock price movement. The move to the upside should be staggering.
Is this about any stock in particular?

I bought at .0371 Francs (not .4) @Capella  - take a look at that image again. 

Exactly the reaction I expected from here. Not Congrats, well done, or you must have a ton of DD on this company, mind sharing?

I've already pocketed $125,000 Francs and have 200,000 shares still rolling along for free. Had to have a call with my accountant, tbh.

You ever see those I turned X into XYZ in 2 week clickbait stuff? 

Well, in my absence, I actually did just that; I turned $16,325 dollars into about $260,000 over two weeks. 

Anyways, that is my not so humble brag.
France sucks, hth.....

Just kidding ol’ friend, nice hit!

With Buffett jumping off banks and into gold late last week I don’t think there is any chance fund managers around the world would fade him completely.

Could easily see these monster accounts tripling their current positions on gold and pushing it towards 5k.
He's been a gold bear forever. Look at what happened to Apple since he started buying in. Anyone who wants to fade a guy that will go down in the history books as quite possibly the best investor of all time can do so at their own peril.

I'm very happy he picked Barrick over Newmont, probably for the same reasons I chose them as well.

He's been a gold bear forever. Look at what happened to Apple since he started buying in. Anyone who wants to fade a guy that will go down in the history books as quite possibly the best investor of all time can do so at their own peril.

I'm very happy he picked Barrick over Newmont, probably for the same reasons I chose them as well.
He whiffed on the airlines.  Last week he was adding banks. this week he's selling.

Regardless, good to see him putting his cash in play.

$288.15 was my line in the sand.  Half my HD gone at that price.  We'll see if it was the right call.

eta: I hope they miss and I can scoop up some more Lowes on the cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
And buys Bitcoin miners?

What's the leading Bitcoin mining company?
gbtc is really the only and best exposure to it in market accounts...it’s sole purpose to just buy and hold bitcoin.  As far as I know there are no public mining companies at this time.  Hard enough for me to comprehend, let alone explain how bitcoins are “created”, but they are “rewarded”....not exactly mined.

What attracts me most to bitcoin is that there will only be 21 million in existence, so for every one I own, or every 1030 shares of gbtc I own, there is one less out there for someone else to have.

There are currently about 47 million millionaires on the planet.....so I think it’s pretty cool that you can own something for 12.4k ( 1 bitcoin) that they all might want sooner than later.

doing some preliminary research now on RIOT and what that is all about.  I believe coinbase is going public soon and I’ll throw 10k into that at my earliest opportunity.

gbtc is really the only and best exposure to it in market accounts...it’s sole purpose to just buy and hold bitcoin.  As far as I know there are no public mining companies at this time.  Hard enough for me to comprehend, let alone explain how bitcoins are “created”, but they are “rewarded”....not exactly mined.

What attracts me most to bitcoin is that there will only be 21 million in existence, so for every one I own, or every 1030 shares of gbtc I own, there is one less out there for someone else to have.

There are currently about 47 million millionaires on the planet.....so I think it’s pretty cool that you can own something for 12.4k ( 1 bitcoin) that they all might want sooner than later.

doing some preliminary research now on RIOT and what that is all about.  I believe coinbase is going public soon and I’ll throw 10k into that at my earliest opportunity.
Thanks.

Honestly, I don't fully understand Bitcoin. I get that it's a type of currency that people might want, and there's a certain scarcity to it. But what's the intrinsic value? You're not going to the store and buying stuff with it, so while the dollar doesn't have intrinsic value either, we pretty much know that under normal circumstances we can buy stuff with it and hyper inflation is unlikely in the US. (Although possible of course)

Buffet isn't buying gold, he bought a company that "produces" gold. That's a key difference. I don't know if Bitcoin really has a correllary. 

Thanks.

Honestly, I don't fully understand Bitcoin. I get that it's a type of currency that people might want, and there's a certain scarcity to it. But what's the intrinsic value? You're not going to the store and buying stuff with it, so while the dollar doesn't have intrinsic value either, we pretty much know that under normal circumstances we can buy stuff with it and hyper inflation is unlikely in the US. (Although possible of course)

Buffet isn't buying gold, he bought a company that "produces" gold. That's a key difference. I don't know if Bitcoin really has a correllary. 
I like bitcoin because I trust bitcoin.  Let’s say I had something worth 250k and I wanted to sell it to a stranger....

he gives me 5 options for payment.....

1) cash....can I be 100% confident there isn’t a counterfeit bill in the stack?  No.

2) bag of gold coins....can I be confident there isn’t an ounce of lead in there?  No.

3) cashiers check......🤣.  Nope, I own a printer too.

4) bank transfer......it’s Friday night and this guy has places to be.  He can show me a bunch of screenshots of him making the transfer but can I have any confidence it won’t be reversed in a few days and the bank hands me a copy of their bylaws instead of money?  I sure don’t trust banks 100% and now there are a half a dozen other government agencies that know about our private transaction.

5) bitcoin.....sure here is my blockchain.info wallet address, I’ll cover the $1 blockchain fee to send it priority....2 mins later....it’s confirmed in my account....no take backs.

It’s literally the only option in my book....

I like bitcoin because I trust bitcoin.  Let’s say I had something worth 250k and I wanted to sell it to a stranger....

he gives me 5 options for payment.....

1) cash....can I be 100% confident there isn’t a counterfeit bill in the stack?  No.

2) bag of gold coins....can I be confident there isn’t an ounce of lead in there?  No.

3) cashiers check......🤣.  Nope, I own a printer too.

4) bank transfer......it’s Friday night and this guy has places to be.  He can show me a bunch of screenshots of him making the transfer but can I have any confidence it won’t be reversed in a few days and the bank hands me a copy of their bylaws instead of money?  I sure don’t trust banks 100% and now there are a half a dozen other government agencies that know about our private transaction.

5) bitcoin.....sure here is my blockchain.info wallet address, I’ll cover the $1 blockchain fee to send it priority....2 mins later....it’s confirmed in my account....no take backs.

It’s literally the only option in my book....
Ok.

I'm not sure why I'm selling anything worth $250k when the banks are closed, and we can't just confirm the transfer when I call my bank. But in your back alley, I guess that's probably the best option. 

So RIOT is a bitcoin mining operation, up 12% today so maybe not the best time to jump on.

But I’m gonna get some cash ready to buy on the next dip.  I’m in.

Ok.

I'm not sure why I'm selling anything worth $250k when the banks are closed, and we can't just confirm the transfer when I call my bank. But in your back alley, I guess that's probably the best option. 
I definitely live my life in that back alley and completely understand how that would skew perspectives.

Could be dealing with bricks of blow, an exquisite coin, or the arc of the covenant for all I care, but I like knowing exactly what I’m receiving in return.

I definitely live my life in that back alley and completely understand how that would skew perspectives.

Could be dealing with bricks of blow, an exquisite coin, or the arc of the covenant for all I care, but I like knowing exactly what I’m receiving in return.
Appreciate your bitcoin and GBTC insight in the area.  With bitcoin currently around 12,300 and GBTC 14.70, what are your targets for the two of them come the end of the year (or into 2021)?  From my limited research is seems like the consensus is bitcoin is consolidating and ready to make a big positive move.

Appreciate your bitcoin and GBTC insight in the area.  With bitcoin currently around 12,300 and GBTC 14.70, what are your targets for the two of them come the end of the year (or into 2021)?  From my limited research is seems like the consensus is bitcoin is consolidating and ready to make a big positive move.
I feel like I’m being conservative in my belief that bitcoin hits 63k between now and the end of 2021.  At current 30% premium that would put gbtc at (63k/1030 * 1.3) = $79.50 for gbtc.

I would say I’ve been “early” often than “wrong” in the last 8 years I’ve dabbled in btc.  If we use my lowest or worst case target for btc we are still looking at 28k.  (28k/1030*1.3) = $35.30 for gbtc.

I’d be surprised if we didn’t reach that target by year’s end.

I know I’m a loon, but I’m a loon with a heck of track record!

Last edited by a moderator:
You got a lot of balls laughing at a dead man, bro.

Maybe just keep it to yourself or offer a counter opinion.  But to react with a 🤣 in a thread about money is something only a coward would do.

Truth.

Really quick Q.  If I buy a stoct right now after hours with an ex-div date of tomorrow I'm still good to go, right?  Just wanted to make sure buying AH's wasn't a problem and I didn't have to get it in before the closing bell today or something.

Q, which I'm pretty sure I'm right but to double check.

So, I have two regular brokerage accounts. One is my trading account, one is my house fund / buy and hold. I'm finding that I actually want to keep a lot of the stuff in my trading account (LRNZ, SE, QCLN). So, if I sold in that account and rebought in the other, because those are gains I'd just owe capital gains tax.. But if I had losses, that would trigger a wash sale. So I'd have to keep track of the losses or wait 30 days. (Not really an issue, the stuff I want to keep has gained)

Right?

Users who are viewing this thread