What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (19 Viewers)

Crm earnings at close. :popcorn:  as it’s my 5th largest holding behind amazon se tdoc and ghiv. Thinking about adding some more this afternoon. Really wish I knew what they did with their 4.2 million shares of snowflake 

I understand the silver and ammo piece, but I don't see what Bitcoin/internet money really does for you in a SHTF type of scenario.
It doesnt at that point, but neither would anything else in my portfolio.  

I do think it does provide a store of value, safe from inflation, in most other scenarios.

Me too but I’m worried about expectations. ZM had a quarter almost 400% better revenue wise YoY and almost 20% better than last quarter that was a huge quarter during lockdown. They handily beat estimates and guidance and got whacked. I sort of knew it was going to happen but I’m holding what’s left for long term. CRM would be similar in that a “good” quarter may not be enough.

Me too but I’m worried about expectations. ZM had a quarter almost 400% better revenue wise YoY and almost 20% better than last quarter that was a huge quarter during lockdown. They handily beat estimates and guidance and got whacked. I sort of knew it was going to happen but I’m holding what’s left for long term. CRM would be similar in that a “good” quarter may not be enough.
Agreed. But also not many stocks I'd be happier to be "stuck" owning.

BEEM just went below $30.00.  Down 13% today.  Down 20% from the high of $37.50 set last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
BEEM just went below $30.00.  Down 13% today.  Down 20% from the high of $37.50 set last week.
I don’t want to talk ill of a stock people own but there’s a ton of these stocks. You can argue if ZM is overvalued or other cloud stocks or TSLA, but those are legitimate businesses with large revenue streams and in some cases huge growth rates. BEEM’s revenue has fallen since 2018 and Q3 that just happened is less that Q1 and Q2. They’ve had news but there is no actual revenue values in those PRs. Again, not to pick on them, but there’s a lot of hope in a stock like this and almost quadrupling is going to be followed with drops and may not come back.

Agreed. But also not many stocks I'd be happier to be "stuck" owning.
I've been wanting to take a position in CRM as it's bounced around the past couple of months, finally just did so after this Slack news pull-back this week and ahead of earnings.  We'll find out in a few minutes if I should have waited until tomorrow, but I agree that it's one I wouldn't mind owning long term if it doesn't see a pop here/.

Just wish I had held on to the shares I got while working there 2006-2008!

I decided to kept some ammo in reserve and just added a couple more shares. If it gets SE’d in AH I’ll load up

I've been wanting to take a position in CRM as it's bounced around the past couple of months, finally just did so after this Slack news pull-back this week and ahead of earnings.  We'll find out in a few minutes if I should have waited until tomorrow, but I agree that it's one I wouldn't mind owning long term if it doesn't see a pop here/.

Just wish I had held on to the shares I got while working there 2006-2008!
Geez. Why didn’t you keep them? I remember the company I worked for (in a JV they owned) back in 2000 turned down an offer that was more cash than the invested and a large chunk of shares. Would have netted me in the hundreds of thousands as a young guy. I’d definitely be retired by now. I couldn’t even imagine how much money I’d have if I would have been invested with Motley Fool (I’m a big tech fan) from 2000-2020. Sorry, not “have”, I mean how much money I’d roll around in bed with every night. F me.

Benioff will be on Cramer tonight, but they'll probably talk about their X-Prize mask design project most of the time.

I may drip in a bit but that P/S is still almost 50. It’s definitely not a good brokerage account day for me as all the ZM like stocks are taking a hit whether they are WFH or not. Most are not but they are pretty sympathetic in terms of moving up and down. Have ZS and OKTA earnings tonight so either they stem the tide or bring more pain.
PLTR. Get in?

:thumbup:  

What % of your investments are in Amazon?

Its currently the only individual stock I own and is 15% of my investments.  
2/3rds for me.  It's been just hanging around and I keep adding.  I'm not afraid when it goes down .  May keep it forever

PLTR. Get in?
Not yet. I may regret it but I think there’s a little negative tech sentiment going on right now and it’s got room to deflate a bit. I’m also still keeping the powder dry. Just feel like we are at a top right now.

I also have my wife’s old 401k to rollover so that’ll let me figure out a few more things to buy.

ABNB IPO will be between $44 and $50/Share
Put in for 300 shares. Pretty much have struck out on all of the “hot” IPOs like U and SNOW, etc. I’m sure it will be oversubscribed and I’ll have no shot but might as well shoot for the stars. It officially prices on 12/9, so IPO must be 12/10.

Put in for 300 shares. Pretty much have struck out on all of the “hot” IPOs like U and SNOW, etc. I’m sure it will be oversubscribed and I’ll have no shot but might as well shoot for the stars. It officially prices on 12/9, so IPO must be 12/10.
Also going for 300 shares.  If it drops like Facebook did, double down.

If you want to hedge against a drop in the market and have some CRM exposure, buy WORK.  There's 2.3% meat on the bone right now.  TDOC and Livongo took less than 3 months to close.  Some one tell me why I shouldn't move most of my cash into WORK?  If the market plummets in the next three months it would be easy to convert back to cash and a 30% drop in Salesforce would only cost you about 2.5% of your cash.

Users who are viewing this thread