What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (7 Viewers)

So are you selling stocks you like just because they are Growth oriented? Or do you think they are all overvalued and you can buy them back after a correction?
I sold PLTR, AMRN, NKTR, RUBY, TDOC, NERV, MDT, TJX, BFT and KALA. I bought GLD and one long term in-the-money LMT call. I looked at FDX when someone noted it as a value play. The P/E is over 27. So, yes, I think a lot of names are bloated and I want to have plenty of cash to buy something like FDX (or, yes, maybe some of the names that I just sold) after a drop. 

I sold PLTR, AMRN, NKTR, RUBY, TDOC, NERV, MDT, TJX, BFT and KALA. I bought GLD and one long term in-the-money LMT call. I looked at FDX when someone noted it as a value play. The P/E is over 27. So, yes, I think a lot of names are bloated and I want to have plenty of cash to buy something like FDX (or, yes, maybe some of the names that I just sold) after a drop. 
As majority shareholder and acting CEO of NERV I am extremely disappointed to see you sell.  You could have at least bought one of my 5c calls for $1.  I have plenty for sale.

CCIV

Thanks for the pick, up 18% today and I'm holding :banned:
Yeah, I'm holding too. Have 400 at 13.5 and was hoping to grab some more sub 14 but will wait it out and see if people get impatient and sell over the next few weeks before adding. I'm guessing it will run 2x-3x rather quickly IF it really is Lucid. If it isn't, it will go back to the 10-11 range fast, but I do like the size of this SPAC and their team. Guys like Jony Ive and Alan Mulally are great. I think Lucid is maybe a 70% shot of happening. I like the risk/reward.

We think Lucid Motors is priced in to CCIV yet?

I am thinking it will get another pop if/when it is made official.  Seems like pretty good risk/reward to me.  I could see 20+ on the official announcement and the downside is $10 if it turns out not to be true.
Ugh I don't know why I didn't go in heavier with this.  I still went in pretty hard but I still ended up wussing out and doing about 1/3rd of the position I was originally planning.

Ugh I don't know why I didn't go in heavier with this.  I still went in pretty hard but I still ended up wussing out and doing about 1/3rd of the position I was originally planning.
Because if the merger doesnt happen, it will tank.  So you chose to bet with an amount you felt comfortable with.  Me too :hifive:

Dumb SPAC question - I assume the ticker change is transparent for tax purposes?  I.e. my holding period started when I bought, say, IPOC and not when it changed over to CLOV?  I don't know the mechanics of SPACS enough to assess.

Dumb SPAC question - I assume the ticker change is transparent for tax purposes?  I.e. my holding period started when I bought, say, IPOC and not when it changed over to CLOV?  I don't know the mechanics of SPACS enough to assess.
Not sure, 2020 was the first time I've bought and sold SPACs...I expect it will be clear on the tax statements.

I just took a position in NGABU, a Spac that started trading today and is already up to $11.60.  I typically don't like to buy these once they cross $11 to minimize that downside risk.  But this is likely an EV play as their first SPAC was NGA which has announced a merger with Lion Electric, and has run up to around $30 here pre-merger.
Not showing on Fidelity.  :rant:

I don't know why it would be any different than any acquisition. This is what I would expect. Though I can't say I know definitively.

Updated Holdings

BTC - up big

ETH - up big

IPOE - up small

DKNG - up big

Lots of cash on the sidelines waiting to pounce if correction occurs or to play the stimulus bill news.

Sold FUBO for 20% gain and sold CRSP for 15% gain.  Broke even on EXPC.  

I'm too dumb to fully understand, but I think r/wsb pulled off a coordinated pump of GME today to take advantage of shorts.

That sub might just be starting to understand it's power.

Johnson and Johnson's vaccine will likely be getting a lot of good press over the next few months.  Their vaccine is a one shot vaccine.  It stays good stored for months with just refrigeration.  The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require 2 doses and need to be frozen at a really low temperatures.  They haven't released the vaccine trial results but JNJ seems confident that their data are good.  Vaccine sales aren't super lucrative but people will buy JNJ stock with the good press.
Johnson & Johnson has fallen behind on production of its Covid-19 vaccine, a delay that could put it as much as two months behind schedule

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/13/johnson-johnson-vaccine-production-458941

I just took a position in NGABU, a Spac that started trading today and is already up to $11.60.  I typically don't like to buy these once they cross $11 to minimize that downside risk.  But this is likely an EV play as their first SPAC was NGA which has announced a merger with Lion Electric, and has run up to around $30 here pre-merger.
Not showing on Fidelity. 
I bought it in my Fidelity Roth.  I couldn't find it at first when I put in NGAB.U, which is how Etrade has it, but it was there as NGABU.

Thoughts on how far this may climb? Couldn’t buy it on Fidelity but have my Schaub account open now.
Man, I have no idea. I know the original thought was .10 by whoever posted it originally.  

I am free rolling at this point, so my plan is to sit and watch. But I AM tempted to sell a little bit and take some more profits. Not sure yet. 

Users who are viewing this thread